The 2018 Phandom Survey is live

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch

The 2018 Phandom Survey is live

Post by missemma » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:25 pm

We wanted to see how the Phandom has changed in the last year given that 2018 has blessed us with a lot of fabulous moments so we have bought the Dan and Phil survey back for another year.

You can take the survey by clicking here

The last Dan and Phil survey was taken during July 2017 and the results can be seen here: https://danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com/results2017

This survey was created in the interest of learning more about the demographic of the Phandom and otherwise identified Dan and Phil viewers as a whole, as you may have heard before you were linked here. The survey will be live for a tentative 2 months, and upon completion, the results will be dispersed from the main blog, which you can find at danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com. As we're hoping to get a large amount of varying Dan and Phil viewers, it would be helpful if you were willing to tweet/reblog/share the survey link or a link to the blog in whatever way you see fit. Posting in youtube comments would be the most helpful, as we're aiming for a more balanced outreach of viewers.
Use this link for sharing the survey: https://goo.gl/forms/SCEMeT57Sp8Cd9Xi2

All responses are anonymous, so please be as honest as possible, and be sure to read all questions thoroughly. The survey should take about 10 minutes to complete. Good luck!

Additional information and any updates will be posted on danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com and twitter.com/danphilsurvey

Art credit: https://likewarm.tumblr.com

The survey is not affiliated with Dan or Phil.
:prideheart: :prideheart: :prideheart:

whatdoiknow
philussy

Re: The 2018 Phandom Survey is live

Post by whatdoiknow » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:19 pm

Loving the survey so far! <3

Just one note - for the question "If you have purchased something from the Dan and Phil Shop, were you happy with your purchase?" there's no option to say you haven't purchased something. And since you have to answer the question, everyone who hasn't purchased something will have to say 'no'. This will skew the answers towards no, even if most people who purchased something were happy with their purchase, so when you eventually post the results you might want to make note of this

edit - I just went back to the page, and it now has that option available lol so you can disregard this

mermaid blood
at the dépanneur
at the dépanneur
Pronouns: she/her

Post by mermaid blood » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:48 am

eeeee SO excited to see the counter go up as people are taking it! this was a tough one, we spent countless hundreds of hours revising a lot of things for analysis so i'm really glad people are participating and enjoying the experience.

@whatdoiknow probably because of those aforementioned delirious months we didn't even pick up on a few little mistakes, so keep pointing them out in here as you notice them, and we're revising pretty quickly. thanks for letting us know!
art in avatar by lily

MythicalPinkTrashCan
rainbow nerd

Post by MythicalPinkTrashCan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Google+ phandom!? Does google+ have a big enough usage where people have phandom experiences on there, nevermind just... being on there. I'd love links

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Post by Catallena » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:12 am

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:06 pm
Google+ phandom!? Does google+ have a big enough usage where people have phandom experiences on there, nevermind just... being on there. I'd love links
I asked that exact same question last year and got this screenshot as a response:
Phannies are truly everywhere.
Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
(inventor of capita£ester, will kick people who use it to slander phil)

MythicalPinkTrashCan
rainbow nerd

Post by MythicalPinkTrashCan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Catallena wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:12 am
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:06 pm
I asked that exact same question last year and got this screenshot as a response:
Phannies are truly everywhere.
goodbye idb migrating to google+

parallel
lady door
Pronouns: he/him

Post by parallel » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:33 pm

I wonder if the results spreadsheet will be made public? I know the results were made public last time but I can't remember if the spreadsheet was, or just the individual separated questions. Would be cool to see things like correlation between two answers.

sparkle
stress mushroom

Post by sparkle » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 pm

parallel wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:33 pm
I wonder if the results spreadsheet will be made public? I know the results were made public last time but I can't remember if the spreadsheet was, or just the individual separated questions. Would be cool to see things like correlation between two answers.
Hi! I'm the one doing stats!

So I think the general idea is that it'll work the same as last time. With results being presented on the Tumblr and then requests being taken for correlations etc. I'm so excited to share the results though, and I'm really, really excited to compare across the three years too.
:sparkle: patiently waiting for Dans main channel to return from war :sparkle:
if life ain't just a joke
then why are we laughing?
:sparkle:

parallel
lady door
Pronouns: he/him

Post by parallel » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:28 pm

sparkle wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 pm
parallel wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:33 pm
Hi! I'm the one doing stats!

So I think the general idea is that it'll work the same as last time. With results being presented on the Tumblr and then requests being taken for correlations etc. I'm so excited to share the results though, and I'm really, really excited to compare across the three years too.
Thank you for the reply! Is there any particular reason you're releasing the results yourself without releasing the dataset? No pressure to release it, just wondering.

I'm glad you're doing this, though! Reading the past few years' results have been very interesting.

sparkle
stress mushroom

Post by sparkle » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:26 pm

parallel wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Thank you for the reply! Is there any particular reason you're releasing the results yourself without releasing the dataset? No pressure to release it, just wondering.

I'm glad you're doing this, though! Reading the past few years' results have been very interesting.
Its actually not something I'd thought of yet so thats why I didnt mention it :D I think it got released last year? If so, I'm guessing it'll be the same this year.

I'm so excited to work with it, its such a cool thing to be a part of!
:sparkle: patiently waiting for Dans main channel to return from war :sparkle:
if life ain't just a joke
then why are we laughing?
:sparkle: