IDB has a new look!

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
jesp
why bother

Our {mostly} benevolent creator, jhamba, started In Depth Bants almost five years ago and in that time our forum design has remained mostly unchanged. The forum design has served us well, but the mod team feel that we are due for a new look. We've added a new theme, named Dan & Phil 2020, as the default for guest visitors and registered users that have not selected an alternative theme in the user control panel. The theme is fully responsive which allows for a seamless experience across all devices and on the back end provides us with some exciting customisation options to explore in the future.

We've also retired a couple of the older themes as they were little used and updating them wasn't a good use of our resources. You can still choose to use the previous default theme Blue Galaxy, the AmazingPhil 2.0 theme, or the danisnotonfire theme for a dark theme option. Note, however, that support for these older themes may be patchy - the dinof theme barely works and only exists today because I'll riot if anyone takes away my dark theme.

We've been testing the new theme internally for the last couple months with no major issues and feel that it's at a point we can release it. Please be aware that we'll be making small tweaks over the next few days and weeks as needed.

To change your theme away from the new default, follow the steps in this Forum FAQ post.

If you have any queries, questions, qualms, or {q}comments please do reply to this post, send me or any other mod a private message, or use our off-site contact details.
starsandshards
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

hi jesp! i don't think i can see the new theme, mine is still a galaxy even though i have the new theme selected and saved. please help? :D

edit: okay, weird - i changed it to blue galaxy and now it shows the rainbow IDB logo at the top and everything. i'll keep it as this, then! :prideflag: