Tried to change my avatar... then my IP address is blocked?

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
GossipLurkingGhost
tol bean
Pronouns: consonants + e

So a few days ago, I tried to change my avatar and it kept failing... then all of a sudden, the website didn't load. I tried logging in from different devices - my phone, my mother's phone, my cousin's phone, a tablet, etc, but none worked. I just thought to myself, "is this because of my shitty internet connection?", "Is my IP address blocked?", "Am I banned?".

A day passed, then two, then a few more, and now we're here. I actually thought I was banned (for an unknown reason since as to my knowledge, I've not violated a rule) until my friend suggested I use a VPN browser extension to access the site. Well, I've confirmed I'm not banned since I'm here now, but it does confirm one of my suspicions that my IP address is blocked for IDB and I don't know why.

The last time I successfully logged on the site was during my 2nd post (I mainly lurk rather than join in the discussion), and that was back in Feb. 20, 8:11 pm (D&P thread part 39, page 6 7). Can any of the mods/admin check why IDB seemed to have blocked my IP address?

I rather like lurking and reading the threads and with the recent events I'm now in a forum drought since GG's current D&P thread doesn't seem to be as active as IDB's.

I would really appreciate the help, thanks!
jesp
why bother

Hi GossipLurkingGhost. I've sent a PM to you asking for more details. If you can provide as much as you can, I'll be able to look into this for you.