Getting logged out frequently

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
human
dan hand trash

Is anyone else experiencing a problem where they’re being constantly logged out of the forums? I use it both on my iPhone in safari and on my laptop and it seems every time I load the IDB homepage, I have to log back in again.

I’ve tried different browsers, clearing my cache, still seems to be happening. It’s been happening for me the last 3ish weeks I’d guess. Today I’ve been logged out 3 out of 3 times I’ve come to IDB.

Is it just me? Thanks!
apathy
sad dimple

I've had the same problem - it doesn't seem to allow logging in on more than one device at a time, so if I log in on one, it kicks me out of the other. I thought it might be a security feature of some sort.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It's been happening to me all the time too since we moved hosts.
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

Likewise here - I really should change my password to something more memorable because every time I have to go back to the depths of my e-mails to find the one sent to me when I had to reset!
alch
ar·tic·u·late

It hasn't been happening to me at all on my laptop, but at the moment I'm on an iPad and scrolling back through old threads, and I've been logged out every few pages. Is anyone else only being logged out on mobile or just me?
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I've been logged in on both mobile and computer (synced firefox) and haven't had any issues, luckily. Hope it can get fixed for you guys!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I've been experiencing this as well. Every time I'm on my laptop instead of my desktop I get logged out.
jesp
why bother

We're looking into this at the moment, and hope to have some answers soon. Thanks for letting us know.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Same, and, in my case, I don't even use other devices besides my laptop :/
iero
phabergé

this has happened to me since the forum opened even tho i tick 'remember me'
i use chrome on a mac if thats useful
Ashley.S.
smol bean

Hi all,

Please check which URL you are using since 4 are currently available:

http://www.indepthbants.com
https://www.indepthbants.com
http://indepthbants.com
https://indepthbants.com

The default is currently set to https://indepthbants.com/ and I should probably set a redirect :P

Anyone continuing to have login issues should clear their browsers cookies and cache to see if that will help as provided the session is valid, it shouldn't log you out, unless it's been longer than 60 minutes or an admin purges all sessions from the ACP ;)
Kind Regards,
Ashley.S. [ Your friendly web hosting provider ]
human
dan hand trash

I’ve been paying attention the past week and it’s logged me out on my phone each time, despite my not having signed in anywhere else in between. Getting kiiiiiinda annoying lol.
Matthew W.
first-time poster

Hi there guys,

I'm Ashley S'. colleague and I'm working on solving this issue. I have just made a few changes to some settings, but it would be helpful if you could clear your cache and cookies. Instructions on how to do so in most browsers can be found here.

If you are still experiencing the issues after clearing your cookies please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Matthew W.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Matthew W. wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:47 pm Hi there guys,

I'm Ashley S'. colleague and I'm working on solving this issue. I have just made a few changes to some settings, but it would be helpful if you could clear your cache and cookies. Instructions on how to do so in most browsers can be found here.

If you are still experiencing the issues after clearing your cookies please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Matthew W.
I didn't have an issue before the changes (as I wrote above), but now I'm getting logged out on my mobile (Android, Firefox) all the time. I cleared cache and cookies but that didn't fix it. Have been using the same bookmarks on my phone and computer since forever so the URLs should be the right ones too.
human
dan hand trash

Sorry for the delayed bump but I’ve cleared cookies on two laptops and I spun up a brand new computer at work and tested it and same thing, across different OS and browsers also. Happy to test anything if it would help investigate this further!
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Just reporting I have the same problem.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I filed a ticket with our host this morning, and they just responded.
I've updated some of phpBB's cookie settings (they were slightly incorrect due to the site moving to use HTTPS). Please let me know if this didn't solve the issue and I will investigate further.
So if the problem continues, let me know and I'll pass that on! @human @MythicalPinKTrashCan
Ashley.S.
smol bean

Hi all, Ashley, your friendly hosting provider here :)

I've gone ahead and made some more changes, please clear your browsers cookies/cache and let me know if the issues continue to persist.

Thanks!
Kind Regards,
parallel
phabergé

I have the same problem, just logged in now and we'll see how it goes. Am using https://indepthbants.com/
Ashley.S.
smol bean

Thanks @julian the URL you have logged into should[i/] be the correct one to use so let me know if you still have issues ;)
Kind Regards,