TV show thread

lilabet
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: TV show thread

Post by lilabet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Just popping in the recommend Lucifer. I binged 2.5 seasons after I started it last weekend. Very loosely based on a comic by Neil Gaimon. It’s available on Amazon for the UK. I found it really well written and funny. Very light when compared to other supernatural shows, also some amazing music and singing from the lead character.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Post by alittledizzy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:45 am

Another rec: One Day at a Time. I know it's been around for a while but I just started watching it and I'm so in love.

theseclouds
dank meme

Post by theseclouds » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:51 pm

^I've seen that recced a few times, I really need to check it out asap!

I'm gonna watch the new season of A Series of Unfortunate Events over the next few days. I loved the first season (despite not having read the books).

I've recently binged five seasons of Baby Daddy, which tbh is not the best show ever but very entertaining? and also all of Daria, which I'm not sure a lot of people remember. :lol:

Also, no TV rec post I do will be complete without me recommending The OA, that show completely blew my mind and I've watched the first season three times since it came out while I'm very patiently waiting for season 2.

citizen_erased
cheeky #spon

Post by citizen_erased » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:38 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:45 am
Another rec: One Day at a Time. I know it's been around for a while but I just started watching it and I'm so in love.
I watched that recently and though I had to kind of force myself through the first episode (which I didn't like, it felt so forced and fake), I absolutely adored it after that. I'm so happy it's been renewed for a third season!

I watched all of season 2 of A Series of Unfortunate Events this weekend, and god, I love it. I don't know why I still haven't read the books (though I'm now on the waiting list for the first book at my library, and if I like it I'm going to start buying the series). I'm considering rewatching the whole series, just because I can and I need some escapism from work.

If anyone here has recs for anything similar to a series of unfortunate events in terms of style of humor, please let me know?

sonicgreen
sad dimple

Post by sonicgreen » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:06 am

citizen_erased wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:38 pm
If anyone here has recs for anything similar to a series of unfortunate events in terms of style of humor, please let me know?
ASOUE is my exact sense of humor! I read the books when I was real young (became obsessed) and ah I can see just how much it impacted my own personality, and its neat to see such a great reboot. The style of the Netflix series is very reflective of "Pushing Daisies" an oldie and a goodie! (I think they actually overlap producers or something?) A mildly dark almost story-book like comedy! I practically benchmark all my shows based off of how much they remind me of Pushing Daisies.
The show is available online usually (I know if you search the name + google drive, there may be an entire folder that exists somewhere…). Hope this helped!

teamug
living flop

Post by teamug » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Killing Eve
alright, knew nothing about this show beforehand, but I saw Sandra Oh's face and knew I had to watch it, also made by bbc america, so I was hoping for quality. Only one ep out and I haven't been this excited since .. well I won't mention since what because I am still bewildered by the 4th season, but I love the premise and look and humour, quite dark, sits very well with me. crossing fingers with this one.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:38 am

Anyone watching Lost in Space?