Anime Thread

daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

crash[] great post!

My rec to avoid getting your life ruined by Evangelion: watch it slowly, maybe even watch some other animes along side. Do not binge watch or you will regret it. I remember I watched the whole thing and went desperately looking for more answers as it is a gigantic "wtf did I just watch?" at the end. Even though I've rewatched it a few times I wish I had slowed down with the first time, it left me feeling quite empty and believe me that's totally unsual for me.

I hate Dan, I feel like watching it again as it's been a couple years since the last time *sighs*
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

crash[] wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:My "Anime Watched" list reads like this: Attack on Titan eps 1-9 (Thank you Netflix - I've hit freefall today) Really enjoying it thus far.

Two questions:
1, Only one season? Really?! Or is UK Netflix being as crap as ever? (Seriously... Archer S7. Hurry t'fuck up)
The second season is coming out this year! (I think summer?) You jumped on the AoT train at the right time. :D
See, now I'm stuck between cheering because there IS more than one season, and worrying that there's going to be a western-tv style hiatus/delay... aaaaaaaargh!
crash[] wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:2, Recommendations for what to watch next?
Do you want something different or similar to AoT? What did you like about AoT? That'll make giving recs easier. s( ^ ‿ ^)-b
Probably too caught up in it to explain fully right now, but here goes - love the story/background, love the characters, action, pace, (although not so much the written info screens)
I think based on the DINI vid, I'm going to try out "Your Lie In April" next, music-based background, violin, plus very different-sounding. Also on Netflix too... After that we'll see!

[offtopic]JFTR, The massive, genuine coincidence of me posting that first message then checking twitter to see Dan had posted videos last night will haunt me forever. :facepalm:[/offtopic]
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
swofro
angel bean

Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban fans, have any of you watch the first episode? Because I just watch it yesterday and maybe want to discuss it but if nobody had watched them, this could be a major spoiler or me talking to a wall. Lol.
Love is forever
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok honestly, I don't watch a lot of anime anymore but I've watched plenty in my teens. I still have a list of stuff I do need to watch but I keep procrastinating, I either binge watch a show in like 2 days or don't watch anything for a year. The only thing I currently watch (more like wait for *sob*) are the new Digimon movies.

Putting recommendations in a spoiler because long.
Ok so my top two are Slayers and Nana. They're very different, which makes them fun to recommend :)

Slayers
Lina Inverse is a teenage sorceress and 'bandit killer' who likes power, money and food. The series is about her adventures as she travels through the world with a variety of travel companions (of which Gourry, Zelgadis and Amelia are the most important and long lasting), while fighting enemies like demon lords who want to kill her for various reasons throughout the series. All seasons have different companions (except the main four), enemies, quests in two (or more) arcs.

This show used to be popular in the 90's but has kinda been forgotten. It's mostly remembered for the comedy and it's characters (Lina is imo one the best female characters in anime to date, due to being an unapologetic anti-hero who steals and kills -last one is mostly implied- just as easily as she saves the world, like usually only male characters get something like that) but it's also fantasy and action. The comedy is usually both slapstick and often parodies the fantasy sword/sorcery genre.

There is a lot of material; originally 15 light novels (8 were released in English), 9 different manga, 5 TV seasons (4 & 5 were made 11 years after the 3rd season ended), a prequel OVA series + a bunch of movies that do not feature the TV cast beside Lina (with one exception). But just start with the TV anime (Slayers, Slayers Next, Try, Revolution and Evolution-R) and go from there if you wanna. Season 1 can get a bit slow though, and the second season is considered the best by almost everyone.

Nana
Nana is a masterpiece to me. A josei (shoujo for young adult woman basically) anime about two girls of the same age named Nana, who meet in a train to Tokyo and couldn't be more different from each other. Nana Komatsu is clingy, naïve and prone to falling hopelessly in love with every guy she sees. She moves to Tokyo to be with her boyfriend. Nana Osaki is an independent, tough and proud punk rock girl who sings in a band. She moves to Tokyo to become a professional singer. They're brought together again when searching for an apartment and end up living together. As their bond grows stronger, they support each other in their different lives and together they go through romances, heartbreaks, career choices and everything else life throws at them. The supporting cast is equally as interesting, whether you like them or not (and there definitely will be characters you won't like which only adds to the experience).

This anime is dramatic as hell and will ruin your life. The finale leaves the story in a weird place due to the manga not having been finished when it came out and tragically the mangaka fell ill in 2009 and she's still recovering causing the manga to be on indefinite hiatus. The story continues several volumes from where the anime left off until it stops though, so it's still a must read. The anime has some excellent music btw.

There are also two live action movies.

Other titles I love:
5 Centimeters Per Second (will mess you up and cause you to hate trains.)
Ouran High School Host Club (does this need an introduction?)
Free! (started watching this as a joke and I'm not sure what went wrong.)
Lovely Complex (pretty standard romcom but so good. I recommened both the anime and manga.)
My-HiME (the Madoka Magica of the 00's without so much moe, but more blatant fanservice. still great with a lot of action and many great characters.)
Paradise Kiss (from the same author as Nana, the manga is supposedly better but I haven't read it yet.)
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (magical girl that's a bit deconstructive i guess, manga is darker than the anime.)
Kodomo No Omocha or simply Kodocha (old like Slayers, with lots of comedy and drama. the manga for this good too and a bit darker.)

Titles where I strongly prefer the manga: Fruits Basket, Gakuen Alice and Marmalade Boy. (And my magical girl guilty pleasure which was also my first anime; Mermaid Melody. But the anime has cute songs soooo)
daichii wrote: -Kaleido Star
I loved Kaleido Star! It's been years since I've watched it but it's a good show. The animation in the performances is gorgeous especially considering it was in the early 00's where animation was often... kinda bad.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
meowlizzz
smol bean

Weeee I've found my thread! So I've been into anime for a couple of years but I only watch them in English because subtitled anime is hard for me to watch. My eyes have to literally be glued to the screen or else I'll miss something and have to rewind. I usually like to eat, do my nails, etc while I'm watching anything at all.

I have a huge list of watched anime on Anime-Planet. Is MyAnimeList better?

I'm pretty much like Dan. Anime has ruined my life and I can't stop watching. Lol.

Here is a list of anime I've watched and enjoyed, mostly in order from loved (top) to liked (bottom).
Fairy Tail
Fullmetal Alchemist (and FMA Brotherhood)
Ouran High School Host Club
Food Wars
Little Monster/Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Wolf Girl and Black Prince
Fruits Basket
Blue Exorcist
Kamisama Kiss/Kamisama Hajimemashita
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Soul Eater
A Certain Magical Index
Free!
Black Butler
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titan
K-On!
Clannad
The Devil is a Part-Timer!
Kimi Ni Todoke
Kekkaishi
Toradora!
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Anime I didn't enjoy (DON'T HATE ME)
Vampire Knight
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Death Note
Black Butler 2 (lol I only liked the first one)
Rosario to Vampire
Can you tell I Romance (with comedy)? Lol and Slice of life ones are nice every once in a while. And I also like a mixture of Action, Fantasy, Supernatural, Adventure, Fantasy. Shounen is fine too.

Also, I finally got around to starting Naruto but the main characters are already getting on my nerves -_-

I'm thinking about watching Magi but I'm not sure yet. Any recommendations from you guys? :)
mez29
procrastinator

Ok, you guys (and ngl) have convinced me to give anime a go again. I was into manga when I was about 14 but lost interest for a while, but now I'm ready to regain an obsession :mrgreen:

I've watched a few episodes of Food Wars so far, which I'm mostly enjoying but the amount of gratuitous short skirt shots/tentacles is making me cringe a bit. Started Your lie in April last night too, looking good so far.

I really like high school settings so if anyone has any recs, let me know
DryCereal
koi pond

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy do shows INSIST on changing the theme songs? Why. WHY?!

OK, I have no love for all "Seid Ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jäger!" memes/references (but at least I know what they're referring to now!) but I genuinely love the closing theme for early AoT. And now it is no more, and that makes me a sad panda. :(

Still loving the show though.
crash[]
butt chair

meowlizzz wrote:I have a huge list of watched anime on Anime-Planet. Is MyAnimeList better?
I haven't used Anime-Planet, but from what I've seen it seems more customizable than MyAnimeList.
meowlizzz wrote:Can you tell I Romance (with comedy)? Lol and Slice of life ones are nice every once in a while. And I also like a mixture of Action, Fantasy, Supernatural, Adventure, Fantasy. Shounen is fine too.

Also, I finally got around to starting Naruto but the main characters are already getting on my nerves -_-

I'm thinking about watching Magi but I'm not sure yet. Any recommendations from you guys? :)
Some of my fave romance anime are Kare Kano and Ore Monogatari. Kare Kano is consistently good for the first half, but ends up going down hill gradually during the second half. (Listen, I don't like it because it's directed by the Evangelion creator, alright? I am totally not biased. ) Ore Monogatari is really funny and very sweet, probably one of the fluffiest things I've seen without being children oriented.

Revolutionary Girl Utena is also good, but I'm a little dubious on advertising it as romance. Same with Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, it's more comedy than romance but a lot of the comedy is meta about the romance genre.
swofro wrote:Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban fans, have any of you watch the first episode? Because I just watch it yesterday and maybe want to discuss it but if nobody had watched them, this could be a major spoiler or me talking to a wall. Lol.
If we're talking
gay chains of justice
then I'm all for it, otherwise I'm not too excited about how this adaptation is gonna go. But hey, it's just the first episode right? Too early to judge? ;_;
Not the anime's fault, but it's so jarring watching AA1 scenes without the AA1 OST playing in the background. :lol:
daichii wrote:crash[] great post!

My rec to avoid getting your life ruined by Evangelion: watch it slowly, maybe even watch some other animes along side. Do not binge watch or you will regret it. I remember I watched the whole thing and went desperately looking for more answers as it is a gigantic "wtf did I just watch?" at the end. Even though I've rewatched it a few times I wish I had slowed down with the first time, it left me feeling quite empty and believe me that's totally unsual for me.

I hate Dan, I feel like watching it again as it's been a couple years since the last time *sighs*
I mean, watching Eva slowly probably won't prevent your life being ruined by it (I would know ;_; ), but I gotta second that notion. It'll be too much if you binge it all at once.

I watched 4 episodes a day for 6 days and finished it, I think that's the best pacing you can go for without overdoing it.
mez29 wrote:Ok, you guys (and ngl) have convinced me to give anime a go again. I was into manga when I was about 14 but lost interest for a while, but now I'm ready to regain an obsession :mrgreen:

I've watched a few episodes of Food Wars so far, which I'm mostly enjoying but the amount of gratuitous short skirt shots/tentacles is making me cringe a bit. Started Your lie in April last night too, looking good so far.

You will find no shortage of anime set in high school, let me tell you. :lol:

For now, I'll try to make a very short list of anime for first time watchers that I think are easy to get into. (and try not to include any of Dan's recs, so no SAO ffs. )

Action
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Not very deep in the story department, but very fun to watch. One of those shows you basically gotta turn your brain off for.
  • One Punch Man: Like TTGL, not very deep but a lot of fun. More geared towards comedy than the rest.
  • Code Geass: Way more story oriented then the other two.It has a more military and political setting but not as a comment on the real world, it's strictly set in its own futuristic universe. Also giant robots and mind control powers.
Comedy/Slice of Life
  • Nichijou: There is nothing I could say about this that could prep you for it. Just watch this clip to see if its your style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUiZ2Z70V6c
  • Azumanga Daioh: I'm very biased towards this anime, it was one of the first ones I watched. Less eccentric than Nichijou and has a more obvious formula, but you grow so attached to these characters. ;_;
  • WataMote: This one relies on being more relatable than anything. It's about a socially awkward, nerdy girl trying to make it through life and school.
Drama
  • Ano Hana: In short, it's about a group of friends learning to cope through the death of one of their childhood friends. One of the things that captivated me the most about this series is the theme song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANJTGxUq9gs
  • Angel Beats: In all honesty, this anime is very good up to a certain point, but I'll still recommend it because I like it regardless. It's hard to talk about without giving too much away, so I'll leave it without an explanation.
  • Clannad: It's been mentioned in this thread, but this is the only anime that has driven me to tears. The first season is mostly about romance and personal obstacles of the main characters, but it's during the second season where the emotional drama really kicks in.
swofro
angel bean

crash[] wrote:
swofro wrote:Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban fans, have any of you watch the first episode? Because I just watch it yesterday and maybe want to discuss it but if nobody had watched them, this could be a major spoiler or me talking to a wall. Lol.
If we're talking
gay chains of justice
then I'm all for it, otherwise I'm not too excited about how this adaptation is gonna go. But hey, it's just the first episode right? Too early to judge? ;_;
Not the anime's fault, but it's so jarring watching AA1 scenes without the AA1 OST playing in the background. :lol:
I definitely wanna talk about
the gay chain of justice. I am becoming a 15 year old, being excited for that. Haha. I mean, what the hell is that suppose to mean? Does the producer/director deliberately want to give me a heart attack with that shit, and Miles is not even in the first episode. Haha. Okay, maybe just briefly with that hand when they were kid, but damn. I think all I want from this anime is just their interaction. Otherwise, not much.

I mean, Phoenix is suppose to be in his 20s right, but he seems much younger in terms of action? I don't know, i am not sure if I am going to like it as a whole.
Love is forever
swofro
angel bean

Sorry double post but I am a bit lazy to figure out how to quote more in one post this early in the morning.
mez29 wrote:Ok, you guys (and ngl) have convinced me to give anime a go again. I was into manga when I was about 14 but lost interest for a while, but now I'm ready to regain an obsession :mrgreen:

My recs are probably going to be mainstream, but someone has to, right?
My top of the rec is of course Ouran High School Host Club - It is just a comedy gold about a school club. I don't see what not to like about it. I think.

Next is Eyeshield 21. It is an old anime and wasn't even animated until the end of manga. smh :roll: But it was about an American Football club in a high school. I know nothing about AmeFuto before reading/watching it but the story really teach you stuff, so it becomes enjoyable. The art is a bit meh because Murata Yusuke was not a good mangaka when the manga start but damn he drew very nice nowadays. He is also the mangaka of One Punch Man, which is also good.

If you are into high school with mature story, there is Paradise Kiss. It is also a story you choose if you want to contemplate life and have your heart stomp to death (at least my heart). It is about fashion and love and run away from home thinking you are an adult when you are just a teenager.

If you are into high school with a little bit of magic, try for Kekkaishi. It is about a boy and a girl who have Kekkai power. I am still not sure what is the main focus of the story (even after it ends) but probably why monster keeps coming to their school at night

Bakuman from Obata Takeshi and Oba Tsugumi, the guys who write/draw Death Note. Slice of life about two high school student who wants to be mangaka. It was funny and serious and it has the super squeally romance going.

Hikaru no Go as a bonus because Obata Takeshi drew for someone else. Haha. It is a story about a kid playing Go. I was super into Go when I read the manga back then. I myself never watch the anime until the end, but that is more because of it was hard to get my hand onto it more than not liking it. But it was gooood :D

Last one is Yakitate Japan! I have no idea why nobody rec this yet. Is it not that popular? It is about a bakery chef person (what did you call a person who makes bread?) He makes bread. And he enters a competition where they compete making bread and stuff. It is hillarious, full of puna and jokes and parody. Most of the featured bread are bakeable too, so that's a bonus. I shamely thought the main character is a woman because of his hair until he appears half naked when taking a bath. I am such an idiot.

cheeky rec for Mobile Suit Gundam Seed because it is my most fav anime ever. It is a story that you watch if you want to contemplate about war and love and friendship and life. It kinda helps me grow up a bit back then. Haha. Makes me think about life more. It has a sequel which is a bit meh for me but it ties up the romance nicely in the end so
Feel free to ask me to rec for more. Lol.
Love is forever
mez29
procrastinator

crash[] wrote:
mez29 wrote:I really like high school settings so if anyone has any recs, let me know
You will find no shortage of anime set in high school, let me tell you. :lol:
I know, that's why it's hard to choose! Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out.
yonahime
glabella

Anime in High School setting, mostly comedy:
1. Gekkan shoujo Nozaki-kun: looks like a romance, but actually poking fun at the shoujo genre. The main female fell in love with the main male who is a shoujo mangaka. She then became his assisstant. It's hilarious.
2. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Daily life of Highschool Boys): Hilarious as well. Title explained it.
3. Yamada and the seven witch: Supernatural element is the plot. The romance is sweet and it's also funny. The pacing is a bit too fast when reaching the finale because it cram too much of the manga to make sense, but it's still good.
4. Nichijou: i never get to finished it, but from what i've watched it's funny (but random).
5. Ouran Highschool Host Club: please just watch it. It's really great.
6. Suzumiya Haruhi No Yutsu: The main female has a power that would be dangerous if she knows. So other characters prevent it from ever happening. You don't need to watch all the Endless Eight. Just watch one and you can move on. It's basically the same.
7. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: It's romance, but also funny. Mainly, it's the story of the friendship between people who wants to be friend with other people but something made it hard for them to do so, so they end up friendless.
8. Hyouka: already recommended it earlier. It's mystery x slice of life.

Sports anime (in highschool setting):
1. Haikyuu!!: fairly realistic. Very warmhearted to me. 2 seasons as of now.
2. Kuroko no Basket: if you throw logic out of the window from the very start, it's very good (and you can enjoy the match more). There are angsts, especially between the Generation of Miracles. Story and characters develops in the match, so it's mostly match. 3 seasons, completed.
3. Free!: i only watch season one, it's mostly slice of life.
mez29
procrastinator

Thank you so much swofro and yonahime!
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

I just started watching Free! and I find it amusing that Dan and Phil watch this together because the homoerotic subtext in this show is so real, oh my God.
though
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
DryCereal
koi pond

bedhead91 wrote:I just started watching Free! and I find it amusing that Dan and Phil watch this together because the homoerotic subtext in this show is so real, oh my God.
though
I'm sure they're all just best friends and close teammates really. Even if none of them have any other S.Os!
majitzu
angel bean

My anime recomendation of today is "Ping Pong: The Animation"

Good story, good character development, weird animation but I like the style. Give it a try.

I watched the first episode of Ace Attorney, I like it a lot, i mean it was very very similar to the game, and the chains on the opening were so gay xD
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:I just started watching Free! and I find it amusing that Dan and Phil watch this together because the homoerotic subtext in this show is so real, oh my God.
though
I'm sure they're all just best friends and close teammates really. Even if none of them have any other S.Os!
Wish we had a 'thanks' button on this forum because
On scale of sexual ambiguity from 1(Tyler Oakley) to 10 (Dan and Phil) I'm giving the boys of Free a solid 9.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Winterbury
squish
Pronouns: she/her • they/them

I've been rediscovering my love for anime lately soo yeah, I'm gonna share so anime luv with you guys.

Rec time:
Haikyuu!! - by far my favourite running anime atm. Haikyuu makes you care about volleyball and it's so good at it, you'll find yourself yelling at your TV/laptop screen in the middle of the night. Plus, the animation is top notch so yeah, add me to the endless list of people promoting Haikyuu.

Death Parade- Death Parade made me fully appreciate the greatness of psychological anime. Amazing concept, interesting characters, a fitting OST and incredible animation. wow, so many adjectives.
Be prepared to cry. A lot.

No.6 - you'll probably have to watch No. 6 and decide for yourself if you like it or not (because tbf the story really is a bit weird) but here's the thing: it's an anime with Shounen-Ai elements and it doesn't fetishize it. And it's a pretty good anime. That's, like, almost impossible.

Baka To Test Shoukanjuu - this anime is honestly stupid - but it's absolutely fantastic at being stupid. If you're looking for a hilarious anime to waste your weekend on, look no further.

Boku dake ga Inai Machi / Erased Erased is another one of Dan's recs and I finished right before coming to this thread. Oh man, it was soo good. It's both really beautiful and incredibly sad and, even tho it's also a Superpower anime, really realistic. + its intro and outro are great.

Honorable mentions go to Death Note and Ouran Highschool Host Club, which are two of my favourite anime, ever, that I didn't put on the list because if you're surfing an anime thread, you've probably already heard of them.

@crash[]: thank's for the Evangelion post! I've been hearing of Evangelion ever since I first came into contact with anime years ago and for some reason, I still haven't watched it. I'm definitely gonna change that tho.
And @people talking about the Ace Attorney anime: I really want to watch the anime but I feel like if I watched it, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the games anymore (which I haven't come around playing yet). Should I play them first? Which games of the AE series does the anime focus on?

(btw, here's my more or less complete Anime list)
swofro
angel bean

Winterbury, you really need to play the game first, I think, or else you will be spoiled by knowing who the murderer is, how they did it and what is the proof etc. Last I heard, the anime will cover the first three games, which is a lot, so I am not sure to believe it or not. Haha.
Love is forever
crash[]
butt chair

swofro wrote:I definitely wanna talk about
the gay chain of justice. I am becoming a 15 year old, being excited for that. Haha. I mean, what the hell is that suppose to mean? Does the producer/director deliberately want to give me a heart attack with that shit, and Miles is not even in the first episode. Haha. Okay, maybe just briefly with that hand when they were kid, but damn. I think all I want from this anime is just their interaction. Otherwise, not much.

I mean, Phoenix is suppose to be in his 20s right, but he seems much younger in terms of action? I don't know, i am not sure if I am going to like it as a whole.
I'm so used to anime studios baiting the fujos that I'm not even a little bit surprised that they went straight for the jugular on Phoenix/Edgeworth. Reason to be excited for this scene when they get to it.
About Phoenix seeming younger, I think it's the voice actor that makes his actions feel like that? At least that's what I felt. The first case was when Phoenix was being awkward and stuff, so I'm hoping it gets better as it goes (I mean, I doubt it, but I hope).
yonahime wrote:6. Suzumiya Haruhi No Yutsu: The main female has a power that would be dangerous if she knows. So other characters prevent it from ever happening. You don't need to watch all the Endless Eight. Just watch one and you can move on. It's basically the same.
To add: If you're interested in watching Haruhi Suzumiya, the watch order is even more confusing than Evangelion. I could make another post about that if anyone wants it.

I also second this recommendation. by the way.
though
This just reminded me of this art I saw on tumblr. Completely accurate representation, if I do say so myself.
Winterbury wrote:@crash[]: thank's for the Evangelion post! I've been hearing of Evangelion ever since I first came into contact with anime years ago and for some reason, I still haven't watched it. I'm definitely gonna change that tho.
I'll just say "I'm sorry" in advance.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Currently debating on whether I should pick up Sailor Moon Crystal again...

I'm not the biggest Sailor Moon fan, I have no childhood attachment to it like many people. I watched the original anime a few year ago (and skipped through a good part of it without really missing anything aside from Chibiusa being a brat) and I like the concept, but the execution is kinda meh at times and it's very clear the story was originally not supposed to go beyond the first arc/season but that that Naoko Takeuchi got pressured into it. The manga is not as good as people say it is either.

When Crystal started I had hoped it would take the best things from the manga and anime combined, but instead I got a badly animated copy of the manga that sometimes pulled things out of it's ass, with bad writing and characterization. Now they started the Infinity Arc and it does look a lot better in terms of animation (not amazing or anything, Toei does not care for their classics at all) but I'm probably still gonna get the bad manga stuff that nobody tried to fix and bad characterization aren't I? :/ Like how badly are they gonna mess up the Outer Senshi, my main reason for considering getting back up on the horse that is SMC.

Also they got rid of Moon Pride, one the best opening themes in recent memory like that song gets me HYPED, and replaced with something boring :(
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
majitzu
angel bean

No. 6 is love No. 6 is live. This anime kill me, I also read the novels. Is very cute and you have boy love.

Now about Ace Attorney

Have you seen this, if not give it a look

I was searching for this option, but I end giving him my "layer thing" sorry i don't remember the english name, even though I played all the games in english xD I wanted to ask him out!!!

And to end with this, I miss Larry
ImageImage

I remember the name!!! ... attorney badge xD
yonahime
glabella

I'd like to reccomend an anime that is currently airing, only one episode as of now but it's absolutely hilarious. Sakamoto Desu Ga. If you like One Punch Man you'd probably like this too. People said it's like the Saitama of Slice of Life.
Here, if you wanna know the first 5 minute: http://fairytailwitch.tumblr.com/post/1 ... rotagonist
majitzu
angel bean

yonahime wrote:I'd like to reccomend an anime that is currently airing, only one episode as of now but it's absolutely hilarious. Sakamoto Desu Ga. If you like One Punch Man you'd probably like this too. People said it's like the Saitama of Slice of Life.
Here, if you wanna know the first 5 minute: http://fairytailwitch.tumblr.com/post/1 ... rotagonist
I just watch the episode 2 hours ago, i don't like it. Is fun but is not the type of anime I want to watch now
kooshka
living flop

I'm procrastinating like so hard atm, so why not make it useful and finally post in this thread. I've been watching anime for like, 12 years now? I've got like 400 titles in my MAL but haven't really updated that in a couple of years. I used to be a bigger dweeb but idk if it's just me growing up, I just feel like there are less and less good stuff coming nowadays. I mean there are still amazing series every now and then but it just feels like most of it is just not meant for me.

But recs! I decided to do my top 5, in no particular order.

Honey and Clover / Hachimitsu to Clover
Art students, love triangles and general existential crisis stuff. It's very mature but doesn't take itself very seriously so it's really funny, but also very real at times. The love triangle stuff is also handled very well, they're what you'd typically see in josei/seinen manga and not the usual shoujo stuff. And you really feel for the characters and what they're going through.

The OP is a bit weird but don't be alarmed, the animation itself is normal :D
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mecha anime. Epic as FUCK. Like honestly. The animation is topnotch Gainax quality (... if we don't count some episodes...), there's some real character development and the whole thing just goes to such lengths that it's really ridiculous but, just, SO good. I watched it when it aired and was so hooked and into it that I basically watched last episode first through some screencaps on a Japanese imageboard, and even with no real context for what's happened I was just so hyped I couldn't stay in my pants. :D

Kaiba
"One day, a man awakens in a ruined room. His name is Kaiba. He has no memories, but he does have a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman inside."
This one is a bit weird, not the usual stuff you see in anime. Nice, unique animation style, a bit psychedelic and Osamu Tezuka-like.
It's really atmospheric and there are some pretty dark stuff and moral dilemmas, it's not an easy watch I think. Probably more like an art anime? But I personally really loved it and would recommend to anyone who's into artsy stuff and likes a change of pace.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Magical girls, Shaft style! If you've seen stuff from this studio (Bakemonogatari, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei for example) you'll know this is a pretty unique one too. This is a bit of a spoiler, but this one gets really dark at one point despite the magical girls and the seemingly cute athmosphere. The animation is amazing, moral dilemmas, hope & despair, it's got it all. The contrast of cute mahou shoujo stuff and the darkness that lurks within just makes the series. It's really different from anything I've ever seen.

Code Geass
Yay, more mechas! Code Gayass is pretty easy to approach and it has it's cliches, but you'll just get hooked really quicky. "Death Note with giant robots" is a pretty good way to describe it. LOADS of plot twists and cliffhangers to keep you watching. I cried like 100000 litres of tears at the end, I just got so attached to the show.
Also, if you like sports anime akin to Haikyuu and Free!, watch Ookiku Furikabutte! It's really cute, and very similar to the aforementioned ones. It's about baseball, so team dynamics play a big role.

Still haven't watched Ace Attorney, I'm debating if I should wait till all the episodes have aired but I'm really tempted to start watching now since I've waited so many years for this to finally happen