Anime Thread

pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I used to watch anime a lot when i was around 15 or 16 and i watched a lot when i was younger but it was in a crappy 4kids dub ofc.

my top fave animes are:
-clannad/clannad afterstory (do not watch this if you do not want to cry)
-angel beats
-kobato

i've seen many others but never actually finished them such as sonic x (the jap sub), tokyo mew mew, sailor moon (i didnt get too far in..) and a few others i can't remember. i usually tend to watch them in binges and then stop for a while oops.
:transheart:
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Watched and thoroughly enjoyed Free! S1&2 this week... Watched the first episode of Yuri on Ice too. Liking it so far.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
buttrito
smol bean

have any of you guys seen Nichijou before???
ohgod
dank meme

For those of you who liked the romance aspect of YOI but wished they had focused on/developed the relationship a bit more, I seriously recommend watching the film Doukyuusei (Classmates in English). Here's the MAL link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/30346/Doukyuusei_Movie

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of BL/Yaoi/Shounen-Ai anime because of the heavy focus on sex and problematic/cringy tropes that always show up in the relationships. This film is the first in this genre (at least that I've seen) that manages to avoid all of this and instead shows a healthy and realistic relationship between two guys. I was seriously amazed by how real it was...it seemed to perfectly capture the innocence and awkwardness of a high school relationship. I also loved that the film didn't put a ton of focus on/create drama over the fact that the characters were gay (unlike pretty much all other yaoi anime), and instead the obstacles they faced were ones that any other high school couple would.

The characters have such a great dynamic and compliment one another really well. They were so endearing to watch together that I swear my heart had melted into a puddle by the end of the film Also, the animation is beautiful and has a style that's fairly different than what I've seen before.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's available on any legal streaming sites. Kissanime has it, though.

Seriously, I can't recommend this enough. I'm shocked that more people don't talk about it. It's just so cute. If you need any more convincing, have this adorable gif:

000dia000
emo goose

Okay, this probably doesn't technically belong in the Anime thread, being it technically a Manwha in question, however it bears the same overlapping interests of many and I think that it fits this thread best.
Due to the Yuri On Ice fandom growing weaker and bored following the last episode, many fans began referencing a web comic that had yaoi themes. However, people are getting angry due to this comic being "KillingStalking" a psychological, gory horror that these people ignored the 18+ label and seem to think this is the only comic of its sort in existence.

It might not be YOI fans cup of tea but if anybody is interested in the genre that would be quite dark, I would love to talk about it. Any discussion I see on Tumblr seems to be outsiders criticizing the unhealthy relationship (disregarding that it is part of the subject matter).

Anyways, I rec the series if anybody likes something a bit darker in tone (though discretion advised BTW)
:cactus:
hannah
butt chair

000dia000 wrote:Okay, this probably doesn't technically belong in the Anime thread, being it technically a Manwha in question, however it bears the same overlapping interests of many and I think that it fits this thread best.
Due to the Yuri On Ice fandom growing weaker and bored following the last episode, many fans began referencing a web comic that had yaoi themes. However, people are getting angry due to this comic being "KillingStalking" a psychological, gory horror that these people ignored the 18+ label and seem to think this is the only comic of its sort in existence.

It might not be YOI fans cup of tea but if anybody is interested in the genre that would be quite dark, I would love to talk about it. Any discussion I see on Tumblr seems to be outsiders criticizing the unhealthy relationship (disregarding that it is part of the subject matter).

Anyways, I rec the series if anybody likes something a bit darker in tone (though discretion advised BTW)
Omg! I just read all of this, and personally I think its really great. It kept me throughout the whole thing, Its just so, wow? I'm not a gore person most of the time (higurashi flashbacks :wtf:) But this is so interesting! I love the art style and the story in general. Thank you for reccommending this!
PolarFox
truth bomb

hannah wrote:
000dia000 wrote:Okay, this probably doesn't technically belong in the Anime thread, being it technically a Manwha in question, however it bears the same overlapping interests of many and I think that it fits this thread best.

Omg! I just read all of this, and personally I think its really great. It kept me throughout the whole thing, Its just so, wow? I'm not a gore person most of the time (higurashi flashbacks :wtf:) But this is so interesting! I love the art style and the story in general. Thank you for reccommending this!
oh yes! I read that because I was curious why the ehck were all the yoi fans talking about it and I was just :shock:
But as a fan of psychological horror, I read it all in one sitting and I liked it. I specially like taking it apart and taking apart the motives. If anyone wants to tal hmu
ohgod wrote:For those of you who liked the romance aspect of YOI but wished they had focused on/developed the relationship a bit more, I seriously recommend watching the film Doukyuusei (Classmates in English). Here's the MAL link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/30346/Doukyuusei_Movie
THANK YOU FOR THIS! I watched it and I related and I loved it. This was everything, really cute romance and accurate description of teenage romance drama. All along with a cute art and lovable characters.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
000dia000
emo goose

hannah wrote:
PolarFox wrote:
oh yes! I read that because I was curious why the ehck were all the yoi fans talking about it and I was just :shock:
But as a fan of psychological horror, I read it all in one sitting and I liked it. I specially like taking it apart and taking apart the motives. If anyone wants to tal hmu
I'm glad other people liked it as well. When I heard of it, I also ended up reading it all in one sitting. It's absolutley captivating, and you cannot stop. I particularly love the art style of it, the artist is able to capture such small details and I feel as if nothing is left out. I can't wait until the next chapter is released. While the YOI fans kind of destroyed the tumblr side of it, I'm kind of hoping for it to mellow out and become easier to digest. At least they pointed me in the direction of a great comic
majitzu
angel bean

ohgod wrote:
For those of you who liked the romance aspect of YOI but wished they had focused on/developed the relationship a bit more, I seriously recommend watching the film Doukyuusei (Classmates in English). Here's the MAL link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/30346/Doukyuusei_Movie

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of BL/Yaoi/Shounen-Ai anime because of the heavy focus on sex and problematic/cringy tropes that always show up in the relationships. This film is the first in this genre (at least that I've seen) that manages to avoid all of this and instead shows a healthy and realistic relationship between two guys. I was seriously amazed by how real it was...it seemed to perfectly capture the innocence and awkwardness of a high school relationship. I also loved that the film didn't put a ton of focus on/create drama over the fact that the characters were gay (unlike pretty much all other yaoi anime), and instead the obstacles they faced were ones that any other high school couple would.

The characters have such a great dynamic and compliment one another really well. They were so endearing to watch together that I swear my heart had melted into a puddle by the end of the film Also, the animation is beautiful and has a style that's fairly different than what I've seen before.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's available on any legal streaming sites. Kissanime has it, though.

Seriously, I can't recommend this enough. I'm shocked that more people don't talk about it. It's just so cute. If you need any more convincing, have this adorable gif:

Ohh I watched Doukyuusei months ago, it was so cute
ohgod
dank meme

ohgod wrote:For those of you who liked the romance aspect of YOI but wished they had focused on/developed the relationship a bit more, I seriously recommend watching the film Doukyuusei (Classmates in English). Here's the MAL link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/30346/Doukyuusei_Movie
THANK YOU FOR THIS! I watched it and I related and I loved it. This was everything, really cute romance and accurate description of teenage romance drama. All along with a cute art and lovable characters.
majitzu wrote:

Ohh I watched Doukyuusei months ago, it was so cute

Yay, I'm glad you guys liked it too! There's a manga too, and a sequel to the manga that basically picks up right where the movie/first manga left off. The sequel is AMAZING and I highly recommend checking it out, it's called Sotsugyousei and is available online if you look it up on google!
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

...Once Midterms are over, I'll try watching (and reading) all the recs here!
I'm putting all my recs under a spoiler because it's too damn long.
So.. Umm... This isn't exactly an anime, but... has anyone read "Can't See, Can't Hear, But Love" before? It's a... manhwa? Yeah, it's a manhwa. It's kinda sad... I read it on Mangafox, and the uploaded scans there weren't complete, so I looked for it on other sites, but the only ones I could find are raw, and... :sobs: Yeah. Basically, that. I think that I've read it thrice already because I couldn't remember the ending, and I thought that since the uploaded chapters on Mangafox weren't finished, I didn't looked for it for the previous time that I read it. Oh, boy. Was I wrong. I cried three times. Well... more than three times, actually.
...Forget that. Forget what I said above because I re-checked the manhwa, and the ending is not that. It's not that. Continue. (I'm re-reading it, but you probably couldn't tell. They just finished uploading all of the chapters last 2015, but I didn't checked anymore. It seems that they were on hiatus for 2 years or something.)

Anyways, are any of you up for some gore? Psychological thriller or something? I recommend Ibitsu. It's effing harrowing. I once let my friends read it, and we're all like: :shock: To be honest, after reading it the first time, I was pretty paranoid, even in broad daylight (but seeing as I am a female, I'm safe).

There's also Apocalypse no Toride which is like... releasing monthly updates? So, I kinda gave up on that, but, hey! It's pretty good. It's about zombies, and mutated zombies, and that naked guy that has three irises and can control zombies. It's great! Also, there is this guy who can look three seconds into the future which is cool. Yeah... The setting was in a prison though. WAS because the characters were criminals (WERE because the world is destroyed by zombies already. Apparently, it's finished, so I'll try reading it after midterms.)

Also, has any of you read Judge? By Tonogai Yoshiki? It's pretty good, but I kinda stopped reading since... it hasn't updated for years. He has another work though, which is already finished, and it has the same concept as Judge; the title is Doubt. I love it because it's like you're also trying to figure out who the killer is while the other characters also do it. It's great!

Another manga that I stopped reading is Zekkyyou Gakkyuu because it barely updates (it updated once last year, like, last November). It's actually a series of unrelated one-shots, and... I actually have a favorite chapter which is "The Ocean is Calling". It's somewhere in Volume 1, I think. It mostly have moral lessons, by the way, and it's good (imo), but it's not harrowing like Ibitsu.

Some others because this list is too long:
Another (there's the anime, and then there's the manga, but there's barely any difference, anyways.)
Aphorism
Hanako to Guuwa no Tera
Gakkou Gurashi (I think this one already has an anime? Also, there's character development! Yay!)
Berserk (there's the anime series, and the movie that is the remake of the series, and the anime that is the sequel to the movie that is the remake of the series, and the manga.)
Loop (One-shot, but it's good... for me, anyways.)
King of Thorns (I only watched the movie, and it's good. Actually, it's great!)
Durarara! (Forget the animation for a moment and just focus on the plot line. You'll love it! Apparently, there's, like, a 2nd light novel for the whole series? It's "DRRR: Snake Hands", I think? I also stopped reading the light novel since I actually haven't read the light novels for DRRR.)
Kuroshitsuji (Basic, but Elizabeth and Meirin are badasses.)
Online (Which I kinda forgot the plot line, but I remember it being good, so...)
Shuuen no Shiori (I think it originally came from a Vocaloid song? Idk, but it's good.)
Fuan no Tane (Extremely short one-shots)
Fuan no Tane Plus
Oukoku Game (I had no idea what happened to this, but the concept is interesting.)

I would like to put in Bloody Junkie, but... it was discontinued :sobs:

Wow... You guys probably know what kind of person I am right now. Don't worry, I haven't killed anyone and never will... probably.
Well, there's that. Now, I need to go back and be a part of life again.
PolarFox
truth bomb

CallMeAyana wrote:...Once Midterms are over, I'll try watching (and reading) all the recs here!
So.. Umm... This isn't exactly an anime, but... has anyone read "Can't See, Can't Hear, But Love" before? It's a... manhwa? Yeah, it's a manhwa. It's kinda sad... I read it on Mangafox, and the uploaded scans there weren't complete, so I looked for it on other sites, but the only ones I could find are raw, and... :sobs: Yeah. Basically, that. I think that I've read it thrice already because I couldn't remember the ending, and I thought that since the uploaded chapters on Mangafox weren't finished, I didn't looked for it for the previous time that I read it. Oh, boy. Was I wrong. I cried three times. Well... more than three times, actually.
...Forget that. Forget what I said above because I re-checked the manhwa, and the ending is not that. It's not that. Continue. (I'm re-reading it, but you probably couldn't tell. They just finished uploading all of the chapters last 2015, but I didn't checked anymore. It seems that they were on hiatus for 2 years or something.)

Anyways, are any of you up for some gore? Psychological thriller or something? I recommend Ibitsu. It's effing harrowing. I once let my friends read it, and we're all like: :shock: To be honest, after reading it the first time, I was pretty paranoid, even in broad daylight (but seeing as I am a female, I'm safe).

There's also Apocalypse no Toride which is like... releasing monthly updates? So, I kinda gave up on that, but, hey! It's pretty good. It's about zombies, and mutated zombies, and that naked guy that has three irises and can control zombies. It's great! Also, there is this guy who can look three seconds into the future which is cool. Yeah... The setting was in a prison though. WAS because the characters were criminals (WERE because the world is destroyed by zombies already. Apparently, it's finished, so I'll try reading it after midterms.)

Also, has any of you read Judge? By Tonogai Yoshiki? It's pretty good, but I kinda stopped reading since... it hasn't updated for years. He has another work though, which is already finished, and it has the same concept as Judge; the title is Doubt. I love it because it's like you're also trying to figure out who the killer is while the other characters also do it. It's great!

Another manga that I stopped reading is Zekkyyou Gakkyuu because it barely updates (it updated once last year, like, last November). It's actually a series of unrelated one-shots, and... I actually have a favorite chapter which is "The Ocean is Calling". It's somewhere in Volume 1, I think. It mostly have moral lessons, by the way, and it's good (imo), but it's not harrowing like Ibitsu.

Another (there's the anime, and then there's the manga, but there's barely any difference, anyways.)
Aphorism
Hanako to Guuwa no Tera
Gakkou Gurashi (I think this one already has an anime? Also, there's character development! Yay!)
Berserk (there's the anime series, and the movie that is the remake of the series, and the anime that is the sequel to the movie that is the remake of the series, and the manga.)
Durarara! (Forget the animation for a moment and just focus on the plot line. You'll love it! Apparently, there's, like, a 2nd light novel for the whole series? It's "DRRR: Snake Hands", I think? I also stopped reading the light novel since I actually haven't read the light novels for DRRR.)
Online (Which I kinda forgot the plot line, but I remember it being good, so...)
Shuuen no Shiori (I think it originally came from a Vocaloid song? Idk, but it's good.)
Fuan no Tane Plus
Oukoku Game (I had no idea what happened to this, but the concept is interesting.)

Wow... You guys probably know what kind of person I am right now. Don't worry, I haven't killed anyone and never will... probably.
Thank you for those recs I remember loving the heck out of Another, if just for the... creative ways to die and the creepy dolls. (And of course the main girl )
I kind of started Apocalypse no Toride but dropped it after two or three chapters. Might get back to it on crunchy.
Feel free to recommend more!

Just by the way, I finished the Evangelion Rebuild movies few days ago (after i had few months to recover from the anime and EoE) so if anyone is up for discussing that with me, I'd be glad because there are still many things i find confusing. And I don't really want to dive into the reddit sphere or "Shinji is straight you doof" :facepalm:
crash[]
butt chair

Looking back at this thread at my post about the Victuuri kiss makes me smile. I was so unsuspecting then, good times.

It's just a shame that YoI has become so overhyped, though. It's good, but it really dropped the ball on a lot of aspects that are being overlooked now because "canon homo". Because of that, I've seen a lot of people shitting on the show unnecessarily.

Some onions: my Fall AOTS was definitely Flip Flappers, such a shame that anime was slept on. :[ Overall, I'd say that Mob Psycho was the best anime of 2016.

Anyway, this post resurrected me:
PolarFox wrote:Just by the way, I finished the Evangelion Rebuild movies few days ago (after i had few months to recover from the anime and EoE) so if anyone is up for discussing that with me, I'd be glad because there are still many things i find confusing. And I don't really want to dive into the reddit sphere or "Shinji is straight you doof" :facepalm:
I'm vehemently anti-Het!Shinji, so you're in safe hands here. What questions do you have?
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

PolarFox wrote:
CallMeAyana wrote:...Once Midterms are over, I'll try watching (and reading) all the recs here!

Anyways, are any of you up for some gore? Psychological thriller or something? I recommend Ibitsu. It's effing harrowing. I once let my friends read it, and we're all like: To be honest, after reading it the first time, I was pretty paranoid, even in broad daylight (but seeing as I am a female, I'm safe).

Aphorism
Hanako to Guuwa no Tera
Fuan no Tane Plus

Thank you for those recs I remember loving the heck out of Another, if just for the... creative ways to die and the creepy dolls. (And of course the main girl )
I kind of started Apocalypse no Toride but dropped it after two or three chapters. Might get back to it on crunchy.
Feel free to recommend more!
Another really is great! Also, the opening? It gives me the chills - the part where the elevator opens, and there's a shadow as if someone is standing inside the elevator when no one is standing there, the coffin with a hand sticking out of it and before the scene finishes, it moves, and the part where it's a close-up shot of Mei's doll eye, and after the third blink, the reflection on her eye is of... a really creepy woman. It just gives me the chills.
Also, I just learnt that Apocalypse no Toride was discontinued (or something, I'm not exactly sure), so... :sobs:
I would also like to recommend more since I've watched tons of anime and read tons of manga/manhwa, but sadly... I've forgotten most of it
Also... TG:RE is so awesome. Ohmygods. Saiko is awesome. I love her because she's so awesome. Gods.
PolarFox
truth bomb

crash[] wrote:Looking back at this thread at my post about the Victuuri kiss makes me smile. I was so unsuspecting then, good times.

It's just a shame that YoI has become so overhyped, though. It's good, but it really dropped the ball on a lot of aspects that are being overlooked now because "canon homo". Because of that, I've seen a lot of people shitting on the show unnecessarily.

Some onions: my Fall AOTS was definitely Flip Flappers, such a shame that anime was slept on. :[ Overall, I'd say that Mob Psycho was the best anime of 2016.

Anyway, this post resurrected me:
PolarFox wrote:Just by the way, I finished the Evangelion Rebuild movies few days ago (after i had few months to recover from the anime and EoE) so if anyone is up for discussing that with me, I'd be glad because there are still many things i find confusing. And I don't really want to dive into the reddit sphere or "Shinji is straight you doof" :facepalm:
I'm vehemently anti-Het!Shinji, so you're in safe hands here. What questions do you have?
Heck I forgot to check this thread for far too long, whoopsie.
I LOVE LOVE Flip Flappers, it was auch a cute anime. And Mob Psycho was pretty amazing too. Reigen for dad of the year pls.

And well my evangelion questions...
what the fuck was the ending supposed to represent. Also the heck is up with the rebuilds I watched them and now I'm even more confused? What did they do with Kaworu why did he what did he I don't even
crash[]
butt chair

Good thing I still actively lurk here. :D
PolarFox wrote:And well my evangelion questions...
what the fuck was the ending supposed to represent. Also the heck is up with the rebuilds I watched them and now I'm even more confused? What did they do with Kaworu why did he what did he I don't even
The ending of EOE or the TV series? There's no definite answer for what the ending was meant to be, but it's a pretty common and accepted theory that the TV series and EOE tied together at the end.
In EOTV, Shinji goes through his whole existential crisis, but also comments that he's able to hear what the others were thinking. EOE explains this as Instrumentality (which was the result of Third Impact), essentially merging everyone in the world into LCL so that everyone would be equal, therefore no longer having individual identities (Seele wanted this to have ultimate control over everyone; Gendo wanted it so that he could reunite with Yui). The congratulations scene in EOTV is then seen as Shinji rejecting Instrumentality, accepting that he will be hurt by others but still would prefer being an individual. Because of this, Instrumentality was stopped and Giant!Rei was killed. The beach scene in EOE is what happens after Shinji rejects Instrumentality; he rises out of the LCL to go into the real world. Eventually, everyone will be able to rise out of the LCL (Just like Asuka was also able to).
What happens with Shinji and Asuka on the beach is really anyone's guess. There's way too many theories about what it was supposed to represent. Shinji affirming that Asuka is real/Asuka is pregnant/Shinji attempting to kill her for the hurt that she represented/Asuka feeling disgust for the masturbation scene earlier/etc. etc. You can take your pick of the litter there.
Here's a video that, while it's about mistranslations in Eva, also wraps up the endings really well.

The Rebuilds... Well, they aren't done yet. There's still a fourth and final one coming out and there's a lot of theories for what the series' place is in the lore, none of which I would happily give to you as the "truth" like I did with the OG ending. In meta, Anno wanted to make the movies as a sort of spin off of Eva where it's not so focused on the characters, but more on the action, like a regular mech show.
Why Kaworu did what he did in 3.33... weeeelllll it was moreso to gain Shinji's trust (hence shouldering his sins like he mentioned), but really it was Gendo's plan all along to kill Kaworu anyway ("The King of Lilin" line was referring to him). Essentially, he got played like a damn fiddle. Or so it seems! We still have the next movie to wait and see.

Hope that helped!
PolarFox
truth bomb

crash[] wrote:Good thing I still actively lurk here. :D
PolarFox wrote:And well my evangelion questions...
The ending of EOE or the TV series? There's no definite answer for what the ending was meant to be, but it's a pretty common and accepted theory that the TV series and EOE tied together at the end.
In EOTV, Shinji goes through his whole existential crisis, but also comments that he's able to hear what the others were thinking. EOE explains this as Instrumentality (which was the result of Third Impact), essentially merging everyone in the world into LCL so that everyone would be equal, therefore no longer having individual identities (Seele wanted this to have ultimate control over everyone; Gendo wanted it so that he could reunite with Yui). The congratulations scene in EOTV is then seen as Shinji rejecting Instrumentality, accepting that he will be hurt by others but still would prefer being an individual. Because of this, Instrumentality was stopped and Giant!Rei was killed. The beach scene in EOE is what happens after Shinji rejects Instrumentality; he rises out of the LCL to go into the real world. Eventually, everyone will be able to rise out of the LCL (Just like Asuka was also able to).
What happens with Shinji and Asuka on the beach is really anyone's guess. There's way too many theories about what it was supposed to represent. Shinji affirming that Asuka is real/Asuka is pregnant/Shinji attempting to kill her for the hurt that she represented/Asuka feeling disgust for the masturbation scene earlier/etc. etc. You can take your pick of the litter there.
Here's a video that, while it's about mistranslations in Eva, also wraps up the endings really well.

The Rebuilds... Well, they aren't done yet. There's still a fourth and final one coming out and there's a lot of theories for what the series' place is in the lore, none of which I would happily give to you as the "truth" like I did with the OG ending. In meta, Anno wanted to make the movies as a sort of spin off of Eva where it's not so focused on the characters, but more on the action, like a regular mech show.
Why Kaworu did what he did in 3.33... weeeelllll it was moreso to gain Shinji's trust (hence shouldering his sins like he mentioned), but really it was Gendo's plan all along to kill Kaworu anyway ("The King of Lilin" line was referring to him). Essentially, he got played like a damn fiddle. Or so it seems! We still have the next movie to wait and see.

Hope that helped!
Wow thank you! That helped make my thoughts about evangelion more coherent and I think i understand it bette.
Moon
spork

A few years ago I watched anime but somehow I've stopped that. I don't know why but I just didn't feel like watching them and I lost interest. (I should start watching anime again)
I really liked Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Noragami, No Game No Life and Wolf's Rain back then

Does anyone know Owari no Seraph? That's one of my favourites and I love it so much!
That's the plan.
PolarFox
truth bomb

Moon wrote:A few years ago I watched anime but somehow I've stopped that. I don't know why but I just didn't feel like watching them and I lost interest. (I should start watching anime again)
I really liked Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Noragami, No Game No Life and Wolf's Rain back then

Does anyone know Owari no Seraph? That's one of my favourites and I love it so much!
I do! Didn't read the manga, but I loved the anime last year so much
Moon
spork

PolarFox wrote: I do! Didn't read the manga, but I loved the anime last year so much
I shipped the hell out of MikaYuu :D I read the first 30-40 chapters (I think?) and remember that they slightly changed things in the anime. No big plot stuff but some character scenes were missing and (as mostly usual) the manga goes much deeper than the anime.
That's the plan.
PolarFox
truth bomb

Moon wrote:
PolarFox wrote: I do! Didn't read the manga, but I loved the anime last year so much
I shipped the hell out of MikaYuu :D I read the first 30-40 chapters (I think?) and remember that they slightly changed things in the anime. No big plot stuff but some character scenes were missing and (as mostly usual) the manga goes much deeper than the anime.
Me too! I was at first a bit uh on MikaYuu but then I flew to the trashcan too. I have to read the manga, but oh boy, if it's anything like the SnK manga vs anime is...

By the way, how many of you guys are hyped for the new Attack on Titan season? After so many years... I'm waiting for some of my favourite scenes to be animated and fearing change of some like the no-homo of a few Armin x Eren scenes in season one
I am also wondering where it's going to cut off.

And thirdly, 3 new movies of Free! have been announced!
First one, due in April, is to be about the iwatobi club, mix of anime scenes and new ones
Second one, due in July, is to be about the samezuka school again mix of anime and new
And the third one, due in fall, is a brand new Free! movie about Haru's college life, afaik

As Free! is my guilty pleasure anime and MakoHaru is only below EreMin in my all time anime OTP's, I am feeling intense mixed feelings about this. High Speed, althought quite bad, still made me feel extremely giddy and happy, even if it was for the Makoto and Haru story. So for Free! to be revived and milked once again I am both and because the sory itself is quite complete and well. Over the years both parts of the fandom created their own headcanons on RinHaru or MakoHaru or any of the ships and for a new movies to come in and settle The Ending Discourse TM? Ehhh... not sure if I wanna know. What do you think?
Moon
spork

PolarFox wrote:
Moon wrote:
Me too! I was at first a bit uh on MikaYuu but then I flew to the trashcan too. I have to read the manga, but oh boy, if it's anything like the SnK manga vs anime is...
I didn't read the SnK manga (I have only watched the anime :D ) so I can't assess that but concerning Owari no Seraph there is no big quality gap between the manga and the anime. Sure, the fighting scenes are better in the anime but as said the manga covers things like the relationships and characters in general better. I recommend it to you if you loved the story (and it seems like you do, so you should read it )
That's the plan.
PolarFox
truth bomb

Moon wrote: I didn't read the SnK manga (I have only watched the anime :D ) so I can't assess that but concerning Owari no Seraph there is no big quality gap between the manga and the anime. Sure, the fighting scenes are better in the anime but as said the manga covers things like the relationships and characters in general better. I recommend it to you if you loved the story (and it seems like you do, so you should read it )
Oh yep, that's exactly it. The depth of characters and story. Totally gonna read the manga. See, SnK has much better fighting scenes in the anime (although I'm sad the scene when
Titan Eren throws Mikasa at escaping Annie
wasn't animated, maybe because it happened off-screen in the manga too. Hmf.), the story and characters have a totally different depth and all that jazz. Time to procrastinate school-leaving exams.
000dia000
emo goose

Has anybody seen Mob Pyscho 100? It's by the same creator as One Punch Man and I think it's definitely one of my favourites now, I don't know why it isn't as popular but it's absolutely brilliant
PolarFox
truth bomb

000dia000 wrote:Has anybody seen Mob Pyscho 100? It's by the same creator as One Punch Man and I think it's definitely one of my favourites now, I don't know why it isn't as popular but it's absolutely brilliant
I know I'm annoying at this point but I frickin love Mob Psycho 100 if i were to ever marry a guy i'd go for reigen and adopt the kageyamas