Superhero Thread (Screen adaptations & comics)

akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

How would you feel if you are about to do it with Thor, and he just start swinging his hammer?
akui
blobfish

Are you #teamcap or #teamironman ?
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I've never read a superhero comic book in my life, but I love the movies! I didn't care about them until The Avenger came out, and I went to watch with a friend, knowing absolutely nothing about it (I kept asking him with Superman and Batman weren't there....sigh...). And then I had to do a project about superheroes at school with some friends, and I researched all about it, and fell it love! I even dressed up as Harley Quinn
cba to find a pic of only me so have my and my friend poison ivy (that boot didnt look as orange irl idk what happened
Still haven't gone watch BvS, but will probably go on Friday. The reviews aren't getting me really excited though...

And as for Civil War...I'm so excited about it I could explode! And part of me wants to say I'm on #teamcap, but to be honest, I'm Team Let's Hug it Out (and Maybe Kiss A Bit).
the candlelight by the crescent moon
icklebrina
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

I saw BvS recently with my brother, and we come home with very different opinions - so you never know!

I'm very excited about Civil War, I don't know which team I'm on.. but probably #teamcap (although #teamletshugitout works for me too)? I've always been more invested in other characters than either of them tbh :P
akui
blobfish

I am #teamironman, am i the minority here? I swear collectivism is not all evil. Also batman shares the similar idea with iron man on this, but it seems like not everyone understand them? (What Batman did was wrong, i much prefer the senator's approach)
swofro
angel bean

I'm not sure what team I am in because I haven't heard what is their reason for their stan. Haha. I don't want to dig the internet about it because I don't want to be spoil. And I have like a thing about not comfortable being in a cinema for reasons so I have to wait until the dvd comes out on amazon

Like I said somewhere in introduce me forum (I think), I watch Iron Man and Iron Man 2 but didn’t bother with The Avengers because I google a bit and found the antagonist is Loki, and I am such a Loki stan during Thor movie, so I don't feel like I will enjoy the movie very much. Then Age of Ultron come out last year (is it last year?), so I got curious and watch The Avengers, forgetting the fact that I am supposed to hate it. Haha. It was so good.

One thing lead to another, I search for MCU timeline and watch most of the movies chronologically. :D

Who are your favourite characters in MCU?
Mine is probably Hawkeye because Idk, he is kind of a bit cool with the snazzy bow and arrow.
Love is forever
akui
blobfish

swofro wrote:Who are your favourite characters in MCU?
I think mine was Iron man in terms of MCU? But because Marvel spend the most of time to build him as a character so he is the most well developed and most real/familiar to me? (And spiderman who we haven't see yet, and Ms Marvel!)

But over the whole realm of marvel, my fav has always been spiderman and the x men (professor X, Emma frost, deadpool).

X men because the X men first class movie, can't resist a heart breaking love story between McAvoy and Fassbender, I just can't.

But fox studio has always been asshole and ruined the whole x men universe just to catch up with Marvel. :sobs:

I have crazy high expectations for the deadpool movie so it came out a bit underwhelming for me, but i do aware of my unreasonable demands so i won't complain.

(I use to think i like loki but turned out i just like tom hiddleston's face and his body )
swofro
angel bean

I used to religiously watch x men animated series back then, (I even have the game on PS1), and was so happy when the movie came out. Unfortunately, the last x men movie I watch is The Last Stand because the whole movie is a flop and it makes me disappointed with the movie series as a whole. I might pick them up back when I have the time tho.

Edit: scratch that, I forgot a few months ago I watch that film with Wolverine going to Japan that I forgot it's title. But I haven't watch anything else in between.

My fav xmen character is nightcrawler, (he is also my fav character in the game because he can 'poof' here and there). I think what makes me love nightcrawler the most is his kind heart

There is this one episode in animated series (i think) where he basically cross the sea using his power, in rain and storm, just to save someone (probably rogue, i cant remember) and he collapsed when he arrives at the shore. Breaks my heart. :sobs:

Back to MCU, my favourite cast is also Jeremy Renner. I recognise him as that impromptu agent from Mission Impossible 4 and he is very good in that movie. Haha. After realising that, I went for a search spree for him on youtube and found out he is a singer as well.

I also found this gem. I think it went viral at some point. Haha.

God, this post is so long and embarrassing. I'm such a
Love is forever
akui
blobfish

swofro wrote: Back to MCU, my favourite cast is also Jeremy Renner. I recognise him as that impromptu agent from Mission Impossible 4 and he is very good in that movie. Haha. After realising that, I went for a search spree for him on youtube and found out he is a singer as well.

I feel very uncomfortable about jeremy renner after his infamous "black widow is a slut" speech.
swofro
angel bean

akui wrote:
swofro wrote: Back to MCU, my favourite cast is also Jeremy Renner. I recognise him as that impromptu agent from Mission Impossible 4 and he is very good in that movie. Haha. After realising that, I went for a search spree for him on youtube and found out he is a singer as well.

I feel very uncomfortable about jeremy renner after his infamous "black widow is a slut" speech.
I think maybe I am Dan who feels conflicted about morality of people they like because I also found a vid where he participates in a concert and there is boob flashing going on stage.

Maybe I should change my fav to Chris Evans who is ridiculously giddy and hold his chest when he laugh. :lol:
Love is forever
akui
blobfish

swofro wrote:
akui wrote:

I think maybe I am Dan who feels conflicted about morality of people they like because I also found a vid where he participates in a concert and there is boob flashing going on stage.

Maybe I should change my fav to Chris Evans who is ridiculously giddy and hold his chest when he laugh. :lol:
Well Chris participated in the "slut black widow" incident as well, but he apologized afterwards.

IDK i always feel morality is more important than talent when it comes to celebrity so I feel very guilty everytime i watch a Woody Allen film.
swofro
angel bean

Haha. Maybe I should go back to just watch Loki in his gloriness and hating Thor so much for picking a fight with my son.
Love is forever
jiggly
phillion/danosaur <//3

after age of ultron i came to the conclusion that i don't like jeremy renner as hawkeye and i'm forever disappointed such a great character like clint has been given such a bad portrayal. first of all i feel like renner doesn't know the comic clint enough to play him well in mcu movies. second of all, mcu hawkeye is horrible. i hate joss whedon for aou, i can't believe a movie so hyped turned out to be a complete disaster. unnecessary romantic plot, clint with his happy little family, black widow being objectified again. what's new :sideeye: also renner is a misogynistic ass and i wish i were like dan and could ignore him as a person & enjoy him as clint, but unfortunately i can't.

apart from this i'm super pumped for civil war. captain america is my favourite character and, unlike whedon, i trust russo brothers and i know they can make a good movie. can't wait to see my beloved trio (steve/bucky/sam) again. :D
akui
blobfish

jiggly wrote:after age of ultron i came to the conclusion that i don't like jeremy renner as hawkeye and i'm forever disappointed such a great character like clint has been given such a bad portrayal. first of all i feel like renner doesn't know the comic clint enough to play him well in mcu movies. second of all, mcu hawkeye is horrible. i hate joss whedon for aou, i can't believe a movie so hyped turned out to be a complete disaster. unnecessary romantic plot, clint with his happy little family, black widow being objectified again. what's new :sideeye: also renner is a misogynistic ass and i wish i were like dan and could ignore him as a person & enjoy him as clint, but unfortunately i can't.
Yeah, comic hawkeye are vvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy different from mcu hawkeye. I don't hate mcu hawkeye but i don't like him either.

I secretly wish Chris Pine to become hawkeye.
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

I'd hesitate to call myself a superhero fan as I've never read any comics...but I absolutely love Andrew Garfield's Spiderman (or just really Andrew Garfield), Nolan's Dark Night trilogy, and Netflix's Daredevil
sunday

Just saw Batman v Superman...
Realllly didn't like it. Felt like they tried to shove too much into one movie.
greatnessflicker wrote:I'd hesitate to call myself a superhero fan as I've never read any comics...but I absolutely love Andrew Garfield's Spiderman (or just really Andrew Garfield), Nolan's Dark Night trilogy, and Netflix's Daredevil
Same re Andrew Garfield lmao I was gutted when they didn't do a Spiderman 3 with him :wahh:

If you liked Netflix's Daredevil you should check out Jessica Jones too!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Anyone else here read the newest Ms. Marvel comics? I would recommend them, they are really enjoyable, plus the mc is a Muslim, which you don’t see often so I really liked that as well. It was also a good way for me to get into all the marvel comics because there are so many of them, and finding a place to start is hard.
Violet Witch
dank meme

I love Ms Marvel comics!

I'm Team Captain America because the government in the MCU is too shady to support.

Did any of you guys see BvS?
akui
blobfish

Violet Witch wrote:I love Ms Marvel comics!

I'm Team Captain America because the government in the MCU is too shady to support.

Oh yeah… i was wondering why do they have an old white man as us president in agents of shields. This is definitely shady…
teamug

Never having read the comics I fear to share my opinion, but I am an enjoyer of the movies. I find the Marvel vs Dc debate very hard, because the Marvel characters are better portrayed on the big screen, but I am more interested in the characters (the back story, the personalities) of the Dc universe. The Marvel movies have been constructed, cast, and assembled like a giant jigsaw of jigsaws' very well, which makes it easy for complete noobs to jump in. Dc is more complex, and the movies try to satisfy every noob and expert, but fails, I am left either 'in the dark' or 'even I knew that, stop wasting time'.
Violet Witch
dank meme

akui wrote:
Violet Witch wrote:I love Ms Marvel comics!

Oh yeah… i was wondering why do they have an old white man as us president in agents of shields. This is definitely shady…
Haha! Thaddeus Ross is the Secretary of State and he basically created the Abomination, so I think it's odd that Team Iron Man would support someone who hasn't made very wise or humane decisions in the past.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I prefer most of the marvel movies, but TV show wise I love the DC’s ones. So that about evens it out.
akui
blobfish

Anyone watched captain America civil war?
fancy_nancy
phabergé

akui wrote:Anyone watched captain America civil war?
i have!!!!! i liked most of it but that kiss was so unnecessary :x
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

Watched Civil War yesterday!

It had some really good parts, but it wasn't as amazing as I expected it to be. I just think I had really high expectations. I'd give it a 8/10. I'm shit at reviews xD

DC is kinda meh for me, the only movies I've watched and liked are The Dark Knight trilogy. I started watching Flash but dropped it as I didn't really have time for it. Haven't watched BvS yet.