Musical Theater Thread

DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Mash-up/incorrect lyrics time! ;) (I swear to all anyone has ever found holy, I am going to go see BoM as soon as I can manage travelling to and around London.)

Galinda: What is this feeling, so sudden and new?
Elphaba: I felt it the moment I laid eyes on you.
Galinda: My pulse is rushing.
Elphaba: My head is reeling.
Galinda: My face is flushing.
Both: What is this feeling? Fervid as a flame, does it have a name? Yes! It's-
Elder McKinley: Woah! Turn it off!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
DryCereal
koi pond

Tony Award Nominees are out today! Image

Thoughts people? I don't feel like I can say anything, as I haven't had the chance to see Hamilton. But 16 nominations?! Bleedin' 'ell!!!
bluebox-away
woodland creature

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Tony Award Nominees are out today! Image

Thoughts people? I don't feel like I can say anything, as I haven't had the chance to see Hamilton. But 16 nominations?! Bleedin' 'ell!!!
I'm waiting for it to come to London to see it, but the soundtrack and what I've seen on YouTube are both amazing
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
DryCereal
koi pond

bluebox-away wrote:

I'm waiting for it to come to London to see it, but the soundtrack and what I've seen on YouTube are both amazing
Can't believe I put the link to the list of nominations in [img] tags. FML. Wake up, you utter malteaser, try that again...!
http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/nominees/

Hamilton is supposedly transferring to the West End next year. Good luck getting tickets for it though...! ;)
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:

Can't believe I put the link to the list of nominations in [img] tags. FML. Wake up, you utter malteaser, try that again...!
http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/nominees/

Hamilton is supposedly transferring to the West End next year. Good luck getting tickets for it though...! ;)
Must agree that from the soundtrack/every other scrap of media I've been desperately consuming online that seems fully deserved! (though I'm not a massive theatre buff, but equally maybe props to Hamilton for making me that bit more interested?) It does seem a little ridiculous that it's nominated in literally every category it's eligible for though!

I'm almost annoyed it's done quite so well, it's somehow going to make it impossibly harder to get tickets when it does come to London! Really curious to see who the cast are going to be on the West End.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Oh just you wait I am seeing Hamilton by hook or by crook, I will get tickets somehow! :lol:
I generally have really good luck buying tickets so I'm hoping my lucky streak will continue!
DryCereal
koi pond

Article on "relaxed" performances for those with autism/other special needs. http://www.westendwilma.com/wicked-relaxed-performance/
bluebox-away
woodland creature

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Article on "relaxed" performances for those with autism/other special needs. http://www.westendwilma.com/wicked-relaxed-performance/
Thanks for that Ickle, an interesting read! Definitely hope more of these come to the west end
I saw similar 'relaxed' showings of films offered at a couple of cinemas in Canada and think it's such a good idea to make theatre experiences more accessible
DryCereal
koi pond

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36367600

*sigh*
bluebox-away
woodland creature

For all my musical nerds on here

Also not musical, but still theatre, the reviews for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child are very good, so I wonder how long it will run / how far it will tour.. it's currently booked for the next year in London and I'm really looking forward to seeing it in a few months :D
DryCereal
koi pond

ONE DAY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

YAAAAAS!!!! :D
DryCereal
koi pond

karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

I love musicals but I only see films like Rocky Horror, Pitch Perfect, Grease, Mamma Mia, HSM, or Tv shows like Glee (until season 2 no more) and I hardly have seen a musical where it supposed to, my dream is to go to Broadway to see Wicked or any other show. Actually the only broadway musical I've seen is American Idiot and I hope I can see it live one day and not on youtube, I cry evertime watching it, it's great. But yeah, I love musicals but I don't get to see them on the theater .
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I'm off to see In The Heights in London tonight, anybody seen it? I'm hoping for good things as Hamilton is so amazing and both are written by Lin Manuel Miranda :D
DryCereal
koi pond

bluebox-away wrote:I'm off to see In The Heights in London tonight, anybody seen it? I'm hoping for good things as Hamilton is so amazing and both are written by Lin Manuel Miranda :D
JEALOUS! 8-)

It's very different from Hamilton, even though there's... similar themes. A couple of peeps in the OBC that were in both... but the soundtrack is fab! - And it won Tony's, so... Enjoy!
DryCereal
koi pond

DryCereal
koi pond

I GOT HAMILTON TICKETS!!

Night I wanted, and exact dream-seats too. I mean, I might not be able to afford bills or food until next Feb, but I got Hamilton tickets! (Also Wicked and BoM tickets for in-between now and then.)

Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Just wanted to pop on to gush about seeing Hamilton in Chicago last week. Let me preface my opinion by saying I have seen Phantom, Miss Saigon, and Joseph and the Amazing Tecnicolor Dreamcoat in Chicago and touring company versions of Wicked, Cats, and Jesus Christ Superstar, but I've never been to Broadway or the West End.
Hamilton is hands down the best show I've ever seen. Except for a very short dialogue scene, everything else is singing and therefore on the soundtrack. Dan and Phil had me worried that maybe I'd spoiled it for myself by listening to the soundtrack, and I was also worried the Chicago cast would not be as good as Broadway, but these fears were not reality. The choreography, singing, costumes, acting, everything was perfect. The one possible mishap was the King dropping his scepter which I'm not sure was supposed to happen. Speaking of the King, he was hilarious and possibly my favorite part of the show.
Maybe I will add more about this later. I have thoughts too about what I think or wonder will be deppy's reactions. Too bad Ill have to wait until at least December. Wonder when they're going.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
susan2
rainbow nerd

I came across this dance and theatrical interpretation of Hamilton on YouTube, performed by all women, that I thought was really well done and a lot of fun.

Thought some of you fellow Hamilton fans might enjoy it too!

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

There’s still a week to go, but is anyone embracing the weird cgi and going to see Cats? I’m loving Mr Mistoffelees in his pearly king outfit and he seems really sweet, most of it looks fun too, though Corden is awful and the dehumanising of the face, that they do with makeup in the stageshow, clearly hasn’t happened, so they all look kinda :shock: