Gaming Thread

LtrllySusan
lava lamp

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:09 am
LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 am Has anyone here played Stardew Valley? It's coming out for the Switch in 2 days and it's hyped like crazy over on reddit. Wondering if I should get it... Everyone's comparing it to Animal Crossing but I've never played that, so idk what to expect.
It's vaguely like Animal Crossing? Ish? But IMO It's far, far more similar to Harvest Moon. That said, out of the three, I'm waiting for AC to be announced/released before I buy my own Switch. C'mon Nintendo, it's been FOUR YEARS since New Leaf came out. :roll:
Stardew gets a lot of hype because t's already OUT on different systems. Here's Markiplier playing it 18 months ago:
Ah yeah, Harvest Moon! That is the one they also compare it too. Never played that either. I'll check Mark's video, thanks!

I bought my Switch for Zelda (first gaming console I bought since picking up a used GameCube in like 2008) and I haven't regretted the purchase. There's quite a few cute coop games already, like Snipperclips and Overcooked, and a lot of sidescrolling platform games, if you are into that.

Super curious about the Pokémon that's coming for the Switch, but that's probably at least another 12-15 months away from even having an announcement.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

My OH has a Switch, hence the "my own" ;) Only issue is he very inconsiderately takes it away with him when he's travelling. Missed both Phan Prix because of that. :D

My Undertale for PS4 is currently in Compton CA. So it's travelled further away from me thus far. COME ON DHL!!!! :(
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
DryCereal
koi pond

I bought "Bridge Constructor Portal" from the Mac App Store on a whim the other day and it is wrecking my head in the best way possible. verygood/10 do recommend. :D

GLADoS is as wicked(ly funny) as ever, too.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Since Deppy played Fortnite I downloaded it because it looked like my kind of game and I am addicted. I've been playing it all day today and finally got down to 4th position. I found it hard playing on my PC because you need to be quick and the shooting is quite difficult on PC so I probably need some kind of controller maybe. Who else is playing?
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
fancybum
senpai

missemma wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:20 pm Since Deppy played Fortnite I downloaded it because it looked like my kind of game and I am addicted. I've been playing it all day today and finally got down to 4th position. I found it hard playing on my PC because you need to be quick and the shooting is quite difficult on PC so I probably need some kind of controller maybe. Who else is playing?
I downloaded it after watching jacksepticeye and Chris play but I need to steal a controller from my brother before giving it another go because it was rough with just the keyboard. I basically used Chris's strategy of sucking avoiding everybody and hiding and even then only made it into the 30s. But I liked it, so I know how I'll be spending my next day off.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Lain
eclipse shirt

Anyone interested in the new Ni No Kuni?

I was hoping for a special edition release for PC too (for my sister), but I imagine the market share here is heavily skewed towards the PS4. My children love Ni No Kuni, and I'm very excited to play it with them. ^^
DryCereal
koi pond

I'm playing Beyond: Two Souls atm... and I suck at QTEs, so you can imagine how that's going. Intrigued by the story though, but not too keen on the "This is how other players did it - better than you, loser!" recap screens at the end of every chapter.
My brothers are both raving about the new Becoming Human game, so I might give that a try when I finish this. We'll see.

I'm also partway through Thimbleweed Park on my Mac... which I find horrendously irritating at times. Clearly my younger self was more forgiving, cos I have happy memories of working my way through Maniac Mansion years and years ago. Determined to finish it though. It's not going to beat me.
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i've been playing Overwatch for a few months. It is the 1st shooter type game I've ever played. I'm not very good at aiming and moving at the same time, but so far I'm having fun, so who cares about how well I do (lies..I try really hard and want to be better).
When the lads played Fortnite I was intrigued (this was shortly before I started on OW), I downloaded fortnite, but it would not connect me at all, and it also did something wacky to my computer and I needed to restore windows and that was fun, so I decided to give OW a go and here I am. Barely better than I was when I started. But that's fine. It's just a game. (lies to no one)
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

teamug wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:28 pm i've been playing Overwatch for a few months. It is the 1st shooter type game I've ever played. I'm not very good at aiming and moving at the same time, but so far I'm having fun, so who cares about how well I do (lies..I try really hard and want to be better).
When the lads played Fortnite I was intrigued (this was shortly before I started on OW), I downloaded fortnite, but it would not connect me at all, and it also did something wacky to my computer and I needed to restore windows and that was fun, so I decided to give OW a go and here I am. Barely better than I was when I started. But that's fine. It's just a game. (lies to no one)
how is your overwatch experience? im just asking since ive been wanting to play it since a loooong time ago but i was worried itll trigger my simulation sickness (kinda like motion sickness but with games) so i didnt. its usually worse with fast paced first person games but ive also had really bad moments when i played minecraft w friends.....MINECRAFT, of all games! id just be tilling my farm and im gone.

fortnite also interests me but i wonder how confusing the building mechanic would be. i usually like to watch pubg streams (specifically awful squad) and it seems more straightforward maybe cz im more used to that game's mechanics from watching it so much.
"you are next to me in my life"
teamug

ame wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:47 am
teamug wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:28 pm i've been playing Overwatch for a few months.
how is your overwatch experience? im just asking since ive been wanting to play it since a loooong time ago but i was worried itll trigger my simulation sickness (kinda like motion sickness but with games) so i didnt. its usually worse with fast paced first person games but ive also had really bad moments when i played minecraft w friends.....MINECRAFT, of all games! id just be tilling my farm and im gone.
There is quite a lot of fast turning and quick movement in general needed. But there are characters that you play that can't move quick. I'd suggest looking at some general ow videos on yt, watch some of the different characters being played, the actions that take place etc then you can see what you'd see if you played, tho unless you are very good, your speed probs won't be as fast as the ytbers or twitchers.
I started during a free trial event, enjoyed, bought the game, blah blah, but without the free trial i would not have probably tried it out.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

My experience with overwatch was just "sensory overload", there is a LOT going on in the battles, I'm really shit at the game because you have to flip your camera angles around to see your surroundings. I found it really messy on the screen and a lot of movement, also kind of disorienting. I second @teamug on the advice to watch some youtube videos.
I have a similar issue where I don't do well with games that have too many things to look at at once, its overwhelming and not that fun for me. Good luck!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

@teamug @sonicgreen thanks for the advice and feedback! i mean, i do play league and that game has a lot of shit happening every 5 seconds and im quite accustomed to it. but then again, in league its much more zoomed out so it makes a difference. i have watched a couple of overwatch videos before but never really got sick and if i had to guess its because i wasnt the one moving the character? (but i havent tried watching said videos in fullscreen so hmmmm) i guess ill just have to roll up my sleeves and try it out myself....
"you are next to me in my life"
teamug

If someone plays ow and wants to see a friendly name pop up and even play games with, warning: i am actually not very good, then go ahead and add me as friend, I play under GreenRaven #21953, upon the europe server and i have no mic, so not verbal chitchat from me, but I do type tho the chat is horrific and mean at times.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

You guys are making me want to blow the dust off Overwatch and play again. I was pretty regular (daily playing, at least) for close to a year then I got sidetracked by Fortnite. I'm not great at multitasking games, I'm usually very into one and only one. Also I got mad at some of the Junkrat nerfs. I was (am?) a Pharah main, but Junkrat was my second most played.
DryCereal
koi pond

What are everyone's thoughts/feelings on E3?

Personally, I'm mad at Square Enix... but I've been mad at them for bloody years, so that's nothing new
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

it's going to be like 2021 before i get to see cloud's cross dressing scene in hd, square enix don't do me like this i need ff7r.

really though i don't think much will have started on the remake until this year because nomura's focusing on kingdom hearts 3 and 7r's less of a focus. i expect the development hell of ff15 again if what they've already shown is everything they have, it's meant to be episodic AND will probably be on next gen consoles.

i've been playing dissidia nt for the first time since the week the game came out to try to understand it and i still hate this game. the only character i can play well as is squall (maybe tidus) and he's so laggy that i get demolished playing him online
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
DryCereal
koi pond

I've never played Dissidia, - seems like I'm not missing much fun(!) hehe! I've never really been a fan of FFVII, the game, soooo... I'm hoping the remake makes me understand the insane hype it brings, apart from that, I'm just glad they did show some progress on KH3.
DryCereal
koi pond

Sue me. Missed the edit window.

NINTENDO. WHY NO ANIMAL CROSSING ANNOUNCEMENT?!

*cuddles Isabelle sadly*
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

if it's done well then ff7r is definitely going to be worth it. i HATE replaying that game even though i love it because so much of it is just horribly frustrating. the control system isn't great, some of the screens are hard to navigate, the world map is awful, the art style looks jarring compared to everything else related to the game, the terrible translation means you're given incorrect instructions and some dialogue is weird... i love it to bits but some of it has not aged well. a remake with the original soundtrack amped up, the characters shown better, maybe even spinoff lore tied in, i am so hype. VII isn't even my favourite game in the series but if ff7r is done well then it could be.

i don't think the original lets the game reach its full potential for current standards, but i also don't really think it'll be made to reach its full potential ever. not meeting its full potential would be pretty on brand for square enix.
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
teamug

hey Overwatch is having a free weekend july 26-30. So, if you're wondering and wanna try all you need is to download the blizzard app, make an account, download the game (will take some time)
liola
rankussy

My friends got me the Nintendo Switch for my graduation and I treated myself to Zelda. I've played Zelda before, I used to play the old games on the Game Cube, but wow this game is massive. It's only been two days and I'm already wondering how many things and side quests i'm missing. Am I the only one finding the map really confusing or does it go away after a while?

Also, did someone get Crash for the Switch? I've read mixed reviews on the playability of the game on switch vs play4
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Quick question! I have two weeks before starting uni and I'm looking to unwind with a game. Has anyone played Night In The Woods? Is it a good story game? I'm considering buying it, but the safer part of me just wants to replay a TellTale game (life is strange/the walking dead) thanks!
DryCereal
koi pond

liola wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:44 pm My friends got me the Nintendo Switch for my graduation and I treated myself to Zelda. I've played Zelda before, I used to play the old games on the Game Cube, but wow this game is massive. It's only been two days and I'm already wondering how many things and side quests i'm missing. Am I the only one finding the map really confusing or does it go away after a while?
And now it's ruining both our lives. :lol:

I didn't think any new Zelda game would displace my fave being OoT, but BotW is... it's close. (I just haven't had the game and replayed it a hell of a lot over 20 years yet. ;) )

Two things though: the shrines are too short compared to dungeons/temples from previous games (though I suppose the divine beasts are their true counterpart anyway); and the map. For me, it just doesn't hold enough information (or, more accurately, the fact you can't label stamps/pins (OR USE THEM AT ALL IN DIVINE BEASTS/HYRULE CASTLE!!!!) is irritating beyond BELIEF!), but i've been using this one in conjuction with the in-game map to save my sanity. Sorta. :shrug: