IckleMissMayhem wrote:

Squenix WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
:wahh: :wahh: :wahh: :wahh:
Squeenix-senpai why
They've got form for this kind of asshatery. See: FFXII and KH2. :sideeye:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
sia
living flop

Is anyone following what is happening with the Maxis studio/ Sims 4 in general? I recommend checking simsvip.com or something, the whole thing is such a shitshow it amuses me :lol:
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

sia wrote:Is anyone following what is happening with the Maxis studio/ Sims 4 in general? I recommend checking simsvip.com or something, the whole thing is such a shitshow it amuses me :lol:
Please link, I can't find any info but this seems interesting. Would love some game-dev related drama rn.

Edit: do you mean this http://simsvip.com/2016/09/14/sims-ask- ... ptly-ends/

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

sia
living flop

Yup also this http://simsvip.com/2016/09/14/electroni ... e-studios/
this http://simsvip.com/2016/09/09/rachel-franklin-leave-ea/
and this http://simsvip.com/2016/09/04/lazy-game ... years-meh/

Maxis literally lost the last strands of autonomy they had left this week and the whole game has completely borked publicity since it's launch. The community is literally in flames for the past two years :lol: It's quite interesting to watch Dan and Phil continue to play the game in their bubble and seeing what is happening on the other side
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Bioshock trilogy in full HD? Oh, I so DO think so!!! Out today!

"I'm ready for dreamtime, Mr Bubbles..."
DryCereal
koi pond

Any 3DS owners out there? I've dusted mine off this week, been playing MK7, SSB and ACNL...

Friend code: 4356-4226-5301 (yes, my Mii is hideous. Needs updating)
Lain
eclipse shirt

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Any 3DS owners out there? I've dusted mine off this week, been playing MK7, SSB and ACNL...

Friend code: 4356-4226-5301 (yes, my Mii is hideous. Needs updating)
I do! It's been sort of .. ahem. Deppified:
Friend code: 4871-3801-5169

I've been most recently playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, and Persona Q.
eevee
emo goose

My 3DS is all I have to play with at college, maybe I should get a new game....what do you guys suggest?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
DryCereal
koi pond

Animal Crossing has ruined any chance of me doing anything productive (like food shopping!) today. FFS! But I have a pretty new village going! :thumb:
eevee wrote:My 3DS is all I have to play with at college, maybe I should get a new game....what do you guys suggest?
What do you have already? ;)

I really liked Bravely Default, looking forward to playing the sequel soon-ish...
Zelda Ocarina of Time. Love it. (and then Majora's Mask, but that fucked with my head like FFXIII-3 did on the PS3...)
Super Mario Bros. 2 was good!
DryCereal
koi pond

Outlast is currently £3.99 (and the DLC is only £1.99) on the PS Store, in case anyone wants to spend their Halloween weekend terrified... ;)

I'm downloading the Outlast 2 demo rn. As well as a couple other treats. :D
felucca
truth bomb

Ok phanaconda and melon lord mentioned a game called "The Cat Lady" in the main thread and I thought I'd check it out.

First impressions (Chapter 1):
- Jfc I got jumpscared by the install menu, great start
- Ooh I like the atmospehere, very creepy and nice, fitting art style
- Hahahaha she's named Susan and everytime they say it I think about Dil's fish send help
- This would work in Spooky Week actually; it's unsettling enough
- (So much suicide trigger warning by the way)
- At this point I don't trust anything in this game
- HOLY FUCK I did not expect THAT what the hell I trust the game even less now ffffff
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
melon lord
morning quiff

felucca wrote:Ok phanaconda and melon lord mentioned a game called "The Cat Lady" in the main thread and I thought I'd check it out.

- Hahahaha she's named Susan and everytime they say it I think about Dil's fish send help
- HOLY FUCK I did not expect THAT what the hell I trust the game even less now ffffff
I love peoples' reactions to the beginning :lol:

Oh god now I can't stop thinking about fish Susan being really depressed in her bowl and going through a crisis and Dil doesn't have a clue

Yeah there are so many trigger warnings in this game the list would be to the floor. But that's also why it's not an easy game to play.

Moony
sofa crease

yoo I have recs for anyone who likes point and click adventures!

The german company daedelic has some really great games:

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout and its sequel Harveys New Eyes (You can play Harveys New Eyes first though) and the Deponia series

Both are humoruos but still can get pretty serious/dark.

If you are into fairytail kind of games, maybe check out The Night of the Rabbit as well. It has a fantastic art style and a great story.
phanaconda
dank meme

felucca wrote:
Ok phanaconda and melon lord mentioned a game called "The Cat Lady" in the main thread and I thought I'd check it out.

Well get ready for chapter 2, cause it's really fucked up. Though the ending of the chapter is sooo satisfying.

Also I would sell my soul to see Dan answer the questions the psychiatrist asks Susan. :gg:
DryCereal
koi pond

Outlast 2 Demo: (having played it myself, tho tbh, D&P didn't miss/cut much - I did find two extra batteries tho... Kept the camera on night vision practically all the time with no drama!)
One thing 's video didn't put across is HOW EFFING CREEPY THE AUDIO IS. Not just screams/moans/sobbing, but kids reciting prayers, whispers, stuff like that. It's horrendous. But amazing.

I know it's a demo, but it seems to have taken four very separate/non-sequential sections of the game and cobbled them together.
The intro (plane/helicopter crash?)
Exploring the area up until the well
The high school
Getting thrown down the stairs, then the bit running away through the cornfields.

There just doesn't seem to be any coherent story running through the demo, so I found it a bit jarring.

That said, I cannot WAIT to get my hands on the full game next year. :D
melon lord
morning quiff

phanaconda wrote:
felucca wrote:

Well get ready for chapter 2, cause it's really fucked up. Though the ending of the chapter is sooo satisfying.

Also I would sell my soul to see Dan answer the questions the psychiatrist asks Susan. :gg:
Not to mention Dan would totally not bother to talk to Liz :wahh: I did on my first playthrough but that's because I felt really bad for her. I'm glad I did in the end, at least for my own peace of mind that I'm not an awful person :lol:

hopefulemm
squish

Moving out of the main thread...
majitzu wrote:[offtopic]I'm using my Snorlax to catch pokemon too, I'm almost in the 4th island, currently on Aether building[/offtopic]
I'm not as far along as you are. I don't have a 3DS of my own; I'm sharing it with another person, and sometimes I'm busy doing other things even when it is my turn to use it (as is the case right now). Which is fine, honestly. I'm the type who likes to drag the game out as long as I can. Unlike the person I'm sharing the 3DS with, I'm not eager to finish the main part of the game to get to the online battling at the end with the ultimate Pokemon. The plotty parts of the game are what I live for, and it always feels like it ends far too quickly. :wahh:

Anyway, I'm still on Akala right now. I've finished Mallow's trial, but I haven't gone up against Olivia yet.

I have to say, I really appreciate that they made things different with this game, because it does feel like it's a nice homage to Hawaii. (I mean, spoken as someone who has only ever seen Hawaii on television, oops, and only knows the culture in the most basic ways.) I wouldn't mind seeing them change up future games in this way again.

(You probably did not sign up for this unnecessary commentary, but apparently I've been a bit more eager to talk about this game than I thought I was.)
avatar by mushroomtale-fanart @ tumblr
walking talking work in progress
parallel
phabergé

I still regularly play 3DS games; don't judge...

PC
Plague Inc.
Life Is Strange
The Shelter series (it's so nice and pure tbh)
The Sims 4
Team Fortress 2
To the Moon
Town of Salem

DS/3DS
All of the Nintendogs... Sorry, Vassia, I'll feed you again someday!
Fantasy Life
Used to play Animal Crossing quite a bit tbh, stopped playing as well
Basically the only DS game I still play is Fantasy Life so I guess I was kind of lying when I said that I still played gameS

PS3/4
Beyond: Two Souls
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

ohhh never posted here before might as well
i play a lot of things but mostly just pc ones i never owned a console once in my life i have a psp though its my brothers the only game i played in it is tekken

RPG's
Diablo 2, fable lost chapters, fallout 3, fallout nv (fave), skyrim, final fantasy 6 (on an emulator), bioshock 1 and 2

FPS -TF2

i love playing RTS
command and conquer series red alert 2 and 3, generals, not played tiberium wars though, all of dawn of war 1 through soulstorm, some classics battle realms, warcraft 3 of course it was my childhood, starcraft,

the only 4X game i play is civ 5 excited for civ 6 i dont have it yet

some CCG
hearthstone and duelyst

and one thing i cant forget which i basically spent half of my life on MOBAS ( though im not very good at it still a fun games to play with your friends)
DOTA 2 and LOL dont play a lot now since busy..
excited for the new 7.00 patch its always nice to shake up the meta

some games i dont know where to categorize
darkest dungeon, undertale, pokemon (on emulator)fire red, sapphire, black( not finished lost my save file), dont starve and minecraft little-bit

sorry for geeking out. half of the things i talked about probably wont ring a bell
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
DryCereal
koi pond

Anyone playing FFXV yet? I s2g, if my copy hasn't been delivered by the time I get home tonight I will be setting fire to my local store... :x
melon lord
morning quiff

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Anyone playing FFXV yet? I s2g, if my copy hasn't been delivered by the time I get home tonight I will be setting fire to my local store... :x
I have! But I'm a very slow player, I don't like blazing through games to finish them as quickly as possible so if you're wanting progress posts I'm afraid I can't deliver

but in general I love it. I can't speak yet for the story but I love the dynamic of the boys and their natural banter, feels like four good friends on a roadtrip rather than a forced quest

fighting is cool it's kind of like FFXII where it's not turn based and it's open air but you may need some practise to get your timing right

my fave part is that during car trips the game offers you final fantasy soundtracks to listen to on the ride so you can watch the sunset as FFVII is playing, for instance

PolarFox
truth bomb

melon lord wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:Anyone playing FFXV yet? I s2g, if my copy hasn't been delivered by the time I get home tonight I will be setting fire to my local store... :x
I have! But I'm a very slow player, I don't like blazing through games to finish them as quickly as possible so if you're wanting progress posts I'm afraid I can't deliver

but in general I love it. I can't speak yet for the story but I love the dynamic of the boys and their natural banter, feels like four good friends on a roadtrip rather than a forced quest

fighting is cool it's kind of like FFXII where it's not turn based and it's open air but you may need some practise to get your timing right

my fave part is that during car trips the game offers you final fantasy soundtracks to listen to on the ride so you can watch the sunset as FFVII is playing, for instance
I am like 5 or 6 hours in and I love it. Endless driving while listening to bombs like FFI soundrack or basicaly any FF soundtrack ever, I love it.

I'm playing on Jap voiceover with english subs and the voice acting is truly amazing and the banter is just top notch. I might try switching to english to try it, but listening to banter of Makoto Tachibana, Light Yagami, Mike Zacharius and Natsu is just too much fun. And I agree it all sounds natural and I love it because of that

I really like the combat too, and the magic looks really cool. What I also love is the gameplay over all! The skills are what got me. I spent like two hours of real time fishing, not gonna lie. I also go around and gather allllllllll the resources and the animated food makes me hungry everytime. I also love love love Prompto taking pictures and then showing them to you so you can save those you like. He does the screenshots for you, yay! Always go camping hehe.

What got me hooked was the tutorial because it had your fennec fox from the demo and it remembered their name. So I started the game and was greeted by lil fennec called Armin, how neat was that?
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
melon lord
morning quiff

PolarFox wrote: I am like 5 or 6 hours in and I love it. Endless driving while listening to bombs like FFI soundrack or basicaly any FF soundtrack ever, I love it.

I'm playing on Jap voiceover with english subs and the voice acting is truly amazing and the banter is just top notch. I might try switching to english to try it, but listening to banter of Makoto Tachibana, Light Yagami, Mike Zacharius and Natsu is just too much fun. And I agree it all sounds natural and I love it because of that

I really like the combat too, and the magic looks really cool. What I also love is the gameplay over all! The skills are what got me. I spent like two hours of real time fishing, not gonna lie. I also go around and gather allllllllll the resources and the animated food makes me hungry everytime. I also love love love Prompto taking pictures and then showing them to you so you can save those you like. He does the screenshots for you, yay! Always go camping hehe.

What got me hooked was the tutorial because it had your fennec fox from the demo and it remembered their name. So I started the game and was greeted by lil fennec called Armin, how neat was that?

It's true I love the driving! It's effortless, since it automatically puts you on the right side of the road and doesn't let you stray it takes off a lot of pressure from my side to drive well/not crash into things. I suppose someone out there will complain about that but for me it's an improvement. And if you go on a long trip you may hear bants or you can just tilt the camera to the side and watch Noct sit on the top of his seat, or Gladio pulling a book to read, etc.

The photos are SO COOL I AGREE! I always feel proud of Prompto for taking new pictures and I just unlocked selfies so I'm sure I'll get some really cool mid fight ones :lol:

I like the magic system too although you can still damage your party while casting which almost killed me on occassion :? at least your party actually DOES come to revive you if your health gets too low, they don't leave a bro hanging

may or may not have spent a whole day fishing and wasted on my money on lines and lures because a damn fish was too jumpy :sideeye:

PolarFox
truth bomb

melon lord wrote: It's true I love the driving! It's effortless, since it automatically puts you on the right side of the road and doesn't let you stray it takes off a lot of pressure from my side to drive well/not crash into things. I suppose someone out there will complain about that but for me it's an improvement. And if you go on a long trip you may hear bants or you can just tilt the camera to the side and watch Noct sit on the top of his seat, or Gladio pulling a book to read, etc.

The photos are SO COOL I AGREE! I always feel proud of Prompto for taking new pictures and I just unlocked selfies so I'm sure I'll get some really cool mid fight ones :lol:

I like the magic system too although you can still damage your party while casting which almost killed me on occassion :? at least your party actually DOES come to revive you if your health gets too low, they don't leave a bro hanging

may or may not have spent a whole day fishing and wasted on my money on lines and lures because a damn fish was too jumpy :sideeye:
Yeah! I wish real life driving was so fun. I also may have spent like an hour choosing the look of the car. Ehm. I'll probably spend more time on it when I gather different stickers. By the way, try using brakes really suddenly, their reaction to almost flying out is too funny. You should be wearing seatbelts boys, tsk tsk.

Oh yes... i may have forgotten to save and went out hunting at night and I may have died to a weird stupid bloob because I threw my superpowerful unicast right in the middle where everyone suddenly jumped
I kind of can't with games that have friendly fire... I'm too messy fighter to be good at such games.

Oh boi did I already spend so much money on the bloody fishing supplies. But I caught that strong fish and got mats from it yay.
I feel like most of my game time so far was spent on going for the treasures, mats, food and other not quest things... I feel like the game days are too short, but I love it has a time system.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
melon lord
morning quiff

PolarFox wrote:
Yeah! I wish real life driving was so fun. I also may have spent like an hour choosing the look of the car. Ehm. I'll probably spend more time on it when I gather different stickers. By the way, try using brakes really suddenly, their reaction to almost flying out is too funny. You should be wearing seatbelts boys, tsk tsk.

Oh yes... i may have forgotten to save and went out hunting at night and I may have died to a weird stupid bloob because I threw my superpowerful unicast right in the middle where everyone suddenly jumped
I kind of can't with games that have friendly fire... I'm too messy fighter to be good at such games.

Oh boi did I already spend so much money on the bloody fishing supplies. But I caught that strong fish and got mats from it yay.
I feel like most of my game time so far was spent on going for the treasures, mats, food and other not quest things... I feel like the game days are too short, but I love it has a time system.
OH BOY next time I play I'll be sure to hit the breaks so that I can laugh at them They're always shading me because I accidentally pull my weapon out for no reason like shush don't shame me pls :tsk:

I remember Ignis saying oh blah blah demons at night and I was like yeah whatever man, and I was scouting for treasure and suddenly this hell beast popped out from the ground and I was like NOOOoooooopeeeeeeeeee peace out brahs I'm camping for tonight

I love how we all have this bloody fish in mind because I spoke to another friend about the fish and she was like YES ALL MY MONEY WASTED ON THAT DAMN FISH like wow that one is really out to get us :lol:

Honestly with FF no matter what they do people will complain. People complained the 13 series was too linear (as if all the previous ones... weren't???), then people didn't like 12 for some reason because the battle was "too easy" even though automatic battling is totally optional, then I'm sure they'll say that 15 is too open like ffs people :facepalm: