Gaming Thread

DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

PolarFox wrote:
Oh yes... i may have forgotten to save and went out hunting at night and I may have died to a weird stupid bloob because I threw my superpowerful unicast right in the middle where everyone suddenly jumped
I kind of can't with games that have friendly fire... I'm too messy fighter to be good at such games.

You're my hero! I will keep that in mind when I finally start playing. Have yelled at the company I pre-ordered from, they are sending me a second collectors edition and throwing in a season pass too because I raised such hell over the phone. (Remember the trouble I had over AoT?)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
PolarFox
truth bomb

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
PolarFox wrote:
Oh yes... i may have forgotten to save and went out hunting at night and I may have died to a weird stupid bloob because I threw my superpowerful unicast right in the middle where everyone suddenly jumped
I kind of can't with games that have friendly fire... I'm too messy fighter to be good at such games.

You're my hero! I will keep that in mind when I finally start playing. Have yelled at the company I pre-ordered from, they are sending me a second collectors edition and throwing in a season pass too because I raised such hell over the phone. (Remember the trouble I had over AoT?)
They better... and oh yes, do I remember AoT... I had problems with that one too
But yes, save save save save
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Hey there - Sorry but I have a cheeky #SPON

My husband has been working on a big game with his company for like 2 years now, and they have finally released a test version, which is a small part of the big thing. its here if you have an iphone, and they need people to play and review it to see if its good. maybe give it a try and some feedback?

The neame of the game is Basketball Royale: Rule the Court!

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/id1144297584
Lain
eclipse shirt

Have you guys played the RE7 demo? What did you think?
DryCereal
koi pond

got too excited when Square Enix was trending on my Facebook feed this morning. I'm not not holding my breath for either FFVII or KH3.

I love them, love their work, but I haaaaaaaaaate their methods. And timeframes/deadline keeping.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Sims 4 added toddlers for free! Dab can be a toddler!

https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-adds-toddlers
DryCereal
koi pond

Artdefines06 wrote:Sims 4 added toddlers for free! Dab can be a toddler!

Nobody tell Phil about the previous article on the site. NOBODY.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Anyone play Overwatch?
DryCereal
koi pond

alittledizzy wrote:Anyone play Overwatch?
I don't, mainly because I am HORRIBLE at shooters... I still don't know how I managed to get through Mass Effect and GTA games. (Lie. I scrounged ridiculous amounts of ammo through the games, so it didn't matter when I relied on spraying bullets EVERYWHERE instead of actually being good...! )
That technique tends to not go so well when you're playing multiplayer though... :(
sia
living flop

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:Sims 4 added toddlers for free! Dab can be a toddler!

Nobody tell Phil about the previous article on the site. NOBODY.
You mean vampires? :D
Not to mention that for the first time in the sims series vampires will change to their "dark form" when angry or when drinking blood also there is some rumors there will be vampire hunters. No I have no idea what significance would that have to Phil :lol:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

oooo its been a while since this thread has been posted in sorry.

just thought i'd post the video games i play and what franchises i like a lot. my all time favorite video game franchise is definitely sonic the hedgehog. been playing it since i was like 6, and i think my first sonic game was either sonic mega collection or sonic adventure 2 battle. (yeah i played sonic adventure 2 before sonic adventure.. sue me ;3; i didn't know. besides there's no real story connection anyways). i have a lot of sonic stuff. i have many, many sonic games for gamecube, and a bunch of the sonic comics from archie. i also have a cute mini sonic backpack, and i also plan on getting a sonic boom wallet from spencers sometime. if anyones curious i can name off the sonic games i have lol. it's a somewhat? long list though. my favorite sonic character is shadow. 2edgy4me

another one of my favorite franchises is pokemon! i love pokemon and have been playing it since i was about 8 or so. my first pokemon game was sapphire. i have a bunch of pokemon merchandise, a lot more than sonic tbh but it's only because it's easier to buy pokemon merch than sonic. i have many tshirts of pokemon. my favorite pokemon is mimikyu, as well as delphox c:

here's a list of video games i have:
gamecube
-sonic mega collection
-shadow the hedgehog
-sonic gems collection
-sonic heroes
-mario kart double dash
-the legend of zelda: wind waker
-sonic adventure DX: Directors cut
-sonic adventure 2: battle
-sonic riders
-super smash bros melee

DS/3DS/Gameboy Advance
-animal crossing new leaf
-sonic rush
-sonic advance
-hamtaro ham ham heartbreak
-hamtaro rainbow rescue
-pokemon moon
-pokemon omega ruby
-pokemon explorers of sky
-pokemon super mystery dungeon
-pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity
-animal crossing happy home designer
-pokemon yellow

i also love animal crossing of course, also one of my fave game series! i've only played the ones for 3ds, but i still love it nonetheless. i plan on getting the one for wii and gamecube eventually, and i just really like the series. it's very relaxing and soothing for me to play. i also love the tales of series, and other roleplaying genre games like golden sun, tales of symphonia, and tales of phantasia as well as tales of destiny/destiny 2 and sonic chronicles the dark brotherhood. i've haven't beaten any of those unfortunately, except for the sonic rpg game, but rpg games aren't really my strong suit despite being a favorite genre of mine. another game franchise i love a lot is kirby! i have played the amazing mirror, epic yarn (a bit of it), triple deluxe, nightmare in dreamland (never owned it but have played a friends copy), and kirbys adventure for nes. i just really like video games. i'm mostly passionate about the sonic series, as it was a huge part of my childhood and was sort of the first "fandom" i was in? i joined many, many forums about it and have had many, many sonic OC's and still work on improving them to this day. i've made at least one or two fan fictions in the fandom and i roleplayed sonic a LOT growing up.

and uh..yeah. this post was probably way longer than i intended it to be. i'm just really passionate about certain video games, especially sonic. if anyone asks me stuff about sonic i'll scream of happiness, i have so much knowledge of the games and characters and the game stories
:transheart:
Lain
eclipse shirt

Dang, this thread is dusty. What is everyone playing on Steam atm?

I've been enjoying horror visual novel The Letter (here's my otp getting cozy but, disappointingly, probably not in the romantic sense):
and Children of the Zodiarcs - a tactical RPG I backed on Kickstarter a while ago.

I really like survival horror, strategy, and story driven games, so if you have any recommendations, hook me up. My lengthy wishlist shall lie in wait for the next Steam sale this October. >=]
felucca
truth bomb

Lain wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 amI really like survival horror, strategy, and story driven games, so if you have any recommendations, hook me up. My lengthy wishlist shall lie in wait for the next Steam sale this October. >=]
No actually I think YOU should give ME recommendations, you seem to have good taste. :thumb: What's on your lengthy wishlist?

I recently dusted off my Steam account again for the first time in ages and I desperately need inspiration. :ninja:
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
Lain
eclipse shirt

felucca wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm
Lain wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 amI really like survival horror, strategy, and story driven games, so if you have any recommendations, hook me up. My lengthy wishlist shall lie in wait for the next Steam sale this October. >=]
No actually I think YOU should give ME recommendations, you seem to have good taste. :thumb: What's on your lengthy wishlist?

I recently dusted off my Steam account again for the first time in ages and I desperately need inspiration. :ninja:
Any specific genre? :glasses:
felucca
truth bomb

Lain wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:21 pmAny specific genre? :glasses:
Something with a good story! Doesn't matter if it's pleasant fluff or horror or anything inbetween, I just like a good story.

In the meantime I got Stardew Valley and started playing it. I recommend it A LOT to people who want something wholesome to play. It was a long time since I had such an innocently pleasant time playing something. At the start of the game the character you created inherits a plot of land and a tiny cottage from her/his grandfather. She's happy to leave the city and her dreadful 9/5 job at JojoMart Corp, move out into the countryside and start growing some crops. She's welcomed by the townsfolk and start exploring the idyllic little town. The game's all about improving your little piece of land, creating friendships among the townsfolk, and exploring.

Just look at how wholesome it is:
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
DryCereal
koi pond

FFIX Came out on the PSN store for PS4 yesterday... So guess what i've been playing today? :D
Lain
eclipse shirt

felucca wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:46 am
Lain wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:21 pmAny specific genre? :glasses:
Something with a good story! Doesn't matter if it's pleasant fluff or horror or anything inbetween, I just like a good story.
I tried to choose games from a variety of different genres! I hope I didn't go overboard (this is barely the tip of the iceberg as it is, so if you ever run out of Steam games again hmu),

Okay the atmosphere in this game is pretty much the polar opposite of that in Stardew Valley, but The Forest
does have some of the same elements (build a shelter, find food, explore) ... but instead of that wholesome 16-bit RPG paradise, it takes place in a horrifying murder forest full of cannibals. >_> It's in early access atm, so it's on my wishlist as I wait for bugs etc to be fixed.
One of my absolute favourite JRPGs is The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky series. Lovable characters, witty dialogue, fun turn-based battle system, and an awesome story. It spans 5 different games so far.

If you're in the mood for something short with light puzzles and a cute, touching story, I liked Old Man's Journey:

If you'd like to play a visual novel that doesn't focus so heavily on romance, I recommend Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (it's available on PS3, too). It got (admittedly understandable) shit reviews on Steam, but I personally grew very fond of it and want to protect it. Basically you're a student paranormal investigator that travels around the city with your co-workers (or more aptly, scooby gang) getting paid to exorcise ghosts. The battle system is addictive and very unique, as are the names of the ghosts you're fighting ("Singing Smelling of blood Monster Fish"). One of the worst aspects of the game is the interaction wheel. It's confusing at best and often leads to awkward (but hilarious) situations like accidentally licking or groping someone. (this happened when I tried to speak to an npc):
It's clunky but quirky and I just had a lot of fun playing it.

If you hate yourself and want to suffer play LISA. I tried not to include this because it will actually fuck you up, but in the end it's a Really Good Game™. There are dark themes, though, including sexual abuse (which was the reason I almost gave it a hard pass).

I'm currently playing The Cat Lady - a point & click puzzle game. You play as a suicidally depressed woman in her 40s that deliberately overdoses and 'wakes up' in limbo. It's a dark, lonely game, and I'm not even close to finishing it but I already know it's going to stay with me for a while.
Side note: I'm greatly addicted to those RPG Maker 16-bit style horror games (which is why I'm excited for the October Steam sale!), so I'll throw in some of those titles in case that's up your alley as well: Corpse Party, Mad Father, The Witch, Confess My Love)

And some games on my wishlist: "Papers, Please" (read the Steam reviews for this one!), "Volume" (top-down stealth strategy game. 75% off rn), "Cook, Serve, Delicious 2" (restautant sim), and "Ghosts of Miami"
(80s themed Private Investigator visual novel - any vn that includes same-sex romance options appeals to me. They're frustratingly rare.)
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

i'm pretty sure i'm the only one here maybe who heavily likes sonic (it's my all time fave game franchise) but..is anyone else excited for sonic forces? or has played sonic mania? bc i started playing mania and it's so good. and forces in my opnion looks amazing as well. i'm just a huge nerd for sonic
DryCereal
koi pond

@Skylar I have sonic mania!!! It's fab! Much nostalgia, also much harder than I remember the old Sonic games being. I effing HATE chemical zone. HATE. IT.

Very impatiently waiting for a dispatch email on my Undertale Collector's Edition. COME ON FANGAMER. Sort your lives out!!
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

@IckleMissMayhem i agree! sonic mania is way harder than the classic sonic games i played like dang... it hurts my soul. i was stuck on oil ocean zone for like 3 days. luckily moved on though and now i'm at lava reef zone.
DryCereal
koi pond

HECK YEAH!!
Lain
eclipse shirt

@ Skylar I've played classic Sonic, but that was back when renting from Blockbuster was a thing people did :dead: (we should have a cane/old-timer emoticon! I'll request if I remember to.) What current Sonic games would you recommend?
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:40 am Image

HECK YEAH!!
Yay! & I hope you rep that locket in public at least once.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

Lain wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:51 am @ Skylar I've played classic Sonic, but that was back when renting from Blockbuster was a thing people did :dead: (we should have a cane/old-timer emoticon! I'll request if I remember to.) What current Sonic games would you recommend?
IckleMissMayhem wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:40 am Image

HECK YEAH!!
Yay! & I hope you rep that locket in public at least once.
If by current you mean more modern-ish, I'm not too up to date on the really recent Sonic games, but I do have some good ones I can recommend for Gamecube or any other system these games I'm naming are on. Some these are also on Steam as well to be bought, I believe.
Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut. Has multiple character story lines you can play through. It's a bit dated now, but I still find it enjoyable.

Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Has a hero/dark story line play through. It's also a bit dated but is still enjoyable to me.

Sonic Heroes. Has multiple story lines/teams you can play through. It's also slightly dated but I enjoy it a lot still and love the gameplay.

Shadow the Hedgehog. This one gets a bit of flack in the Sonic fandom for being "edgy" and a bit "out there", as it uses guns and minor swear words. It's based on the character Shadow the Hedgehog, who was also in Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes. It has multiple, many many many stories you can play through. You can choose a hero, neutral or dark ending based on what mission you choose in the levels. Very fun to play through but some of the levels are a bit of a drag, that's my only complaint. Is one of my favorite Sonic games in the series haha.

Sonic Chronicles the Dark Brotherhood. This also gets a bit of flack in the Sonic fandom. It's a bit..iffy for a roleplaying game and whatnot, but in my opinion it still has a good story and I found it quite enjoyable. I played through it at least 3 or 4 times. It's for Nintendo DS.

Some other good games for Gameboy Advance that are very underrated in my opinion is the Sonic Advance series. There's 3 games in the series. The stories aren't connected in any way, I don't think. It's mostly just a basic Sonic game where Eggman tries to defeat Sonic and friends.

Sonic Mania is also a good one so far but that's a given, haha. It's basically a fanservice Sonic game since so many fans were complaining that they wanted older Sonic back. Fun fact: it actually had some assistance in being made by a very own Sonic fan.

Erm, that's all I can think of. Sonic Mega Collection for Gamecube is also a good one as well if you want a game with a bunch of classic Sonic games on it. Has comics on it, game manuals and other games you can unlock as well.

Other than that I can't think of any others that stick out to me, sorry ^-^;

EDIT: Also I just remembered some other good ones for Gamecube/Playstation 2. Sonic Riders is a good one as well, if you like racing games. Has a good story and many unlockables. Sonic Riders Zero Gravity is also a good one for a racing game. Has a good story and many unlockables as well. Sonic Free Riders I am not sure as I haven't played that one.

Sorry for all this..bombarding of Sonic games haha..I'm just a huge Sonic nerd and love the games and the franchise and the characters. :oops:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Has anyone here played Stardew Valley? It's coming out for the Switch in 2 days and it's hyped like crazy over on reddit. Wondering if I should get it... Everyone's comparing it to Animal Crossing but I've never played that, so idk what to expect.
DryCereal
koi pond

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 am Has anyone here played Stardew Valley? It's coming out for the Switch in 2 days and it's hyped like crazy over on reddit. Wondering if I should get it... Everyone's comparing it to Animal Crossing but I've never played that, so idk what to expect.
It's vaguely like Animal Crossing? Ish? But IMO It's far, far more similar to Harvest Moon. That said, out of the three, I'm waiting for AC to be announced/released before I buy my own Switch. C'mon Nintendo, it's been FOUR YEARS since New Leaf came out. :roll:
Stardew gets a lot of hype because t's already OUT on different systems. Here's Markiplier playing it 18 months ago: