Gaming Thread

majitzu
angel bean

I have a Wii U and a 3ds. But in this moment I'm obsess with Splatoon. Is a 10 months obsession now :/

Just see all the colours... Nintendo commercial skills 11/10 not really everybody was mad for all the childish commercial

And the music, the music, best quirky gaming ost

like this

I Splatoon

I will go one game for post
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

I need to buy (and play) DA:O again. Drat you all!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
ironic
lady door

IckleMissMayhem wrote: @Ironic - I have a theory... was IX the first in the series you played?
It was :) Yeah, I guess it's one of the reasons why I'm so attached to it (just like so many people like FFVII best because it's the game of their childhood etc.)
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
DryCereal
koi pond

ironic wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote: @Ironic - I have a theory... was IX the first in the series you played?
It was :) Yeah, I guess it's one of the reasons why I'm so attached to it (just like so many people like FFVII best because it's the game of their childhood etc.)
Yessssssssssss...!!!! Theory still holds up. 6 for 6!

Plus, it's always nice to find someone whose fave isn't FFVII. Cause I've had that argument waaaay too many times. I'm a shameless romantic. My fave is VIII.
Yes, I know there's a few gaping plot chasms, but let's save the world first, and worry about the memory-zapping GFs later, mmmkay? :lol:
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

I wanna see Dan and Phil play Don't starve together together.
hamjam
not a first-time poster

Honestly, my favourite it VII, and it was the first I played (it came out here the year I was born and my dad played it for years, I remember being 4 and sitting on his lap trying to play it).

Massive sims fan, I've gone back to 3 because 4 was a waste of money. I've played all of KH, my sisters bought me a Pokemon game to try and get me into it. I also enjoy some COD games and GTA, currently playing elder scrolls online on the ps4 if anyone wants to add me.

I've started undertale, some of the older games I like are oblivion, portal, spyro. Playing Animal Crossing on my 3DS. Really enjoyed the Fable series.

That seems like it's it, I just can't remember everything :D Have Dan and Phil ever spoke about the FF7 remake?
DryCereal
koi pond

hamjam wrote:Honestly, my favourite it VII, and it was the first I played
7 for 7 on my theory...! :D
hamjam wrote:That seems like it's it, I just can't remember everything :D Have Dan and Phil ever spoke about the FF7 remake?
Not as far as I'm aware. Dan has spoken about FFVII a few times (favourite game ever, apparently) and the soundtrack featured a fair few times in Phil's earlier videos (Manchester flat/SAP days)

IDK how I feel about the remake. Some days I fangirl about it, some days I'd just be happy with a fully orchestrated soundtrack. Because of how BEAUTIFUL the Advent Children soundtrack is.
hamjam
not a first-time poster

Haven't figured out how to quote yet, but I got the FF7 theme for my ps4 and whenever I turn it on I feel strange things in my heart with Aeris' theme. I could honestly constantly listen to the soundtrack.

I think I'm really excited and scared for the remake, excited because I've heard there will be new content and story but terrified that they'll do something wrong. At the end of the day, the original ff7 will always be there.
hyliandeity
smol bean

Winterbury wrote:But, before discovering Bioware, I'd already been playing video games for a whole bunch of years so here are some of my more "casual" faves:
Pokémon (Sapphire/Diamond/Platin/HG/White/Black2/Y/Alpha Sapphire/Mystery Dungeon/Ranger) if u ever feel like battling someone who has no idea of competitive play hmu
Animal Crossing
The Sims 2&3
SSBB/U
Dragon Quest 9
omg i love dragon age! nothing particularly notable about my play-throughs other than i accidentally made alistair leave in da:o and ended up with loghain (who looks like mink from dmmd lmao) in my party. it was a mistake. i did not mean for it to happen oh god alistair come back i'm sorry, i'll give you cheese if u come back. pls return. but my romances were zevran/male!elf-warden for da:o, fen/male!mage-hawke for da2 (my fav tbh) and dorian/male!elf-inquisitor for da:inq but i really really liked solas. only reason i didn't romance him is because i dislike playing as a female for some reason, despite identifying as one.

so cool to see some other da fans on the board, awesome!

also omg dragon quest 9 that game was legit my childhood i don't even want to think about how many hours i wasted on that (answer: too many). come to think of it, aquila reminds me of solas in a way. hey, they both betray you as well god dammit what's with magical bald guys in video games. at least they're both cool, however i will never forgive.

i suppose i will do a list of the games i love, maybe some people out there would want to talk about them :'D
  • fallout 3 and new vegas (too poor to play f4 atm)
    bioshock
    skyrim
    dragon age (obv)
    animal crossing
    professor layton series
    all the sims games tbh
    anything nintendo and i am there, particularly zelda tho
yup. well, yeah.
ghost
smol bean

seems like everyone really likes da:o. i might have to give it another try. i kept getting lost and had no directive on what to do? plus awkward n slow... but i'll definitely try again bc i wanna move on to da2 and then try inquisition.

but i do love mass effect. first time i played as fem!shep. i started from me2 and tried to romance jack but that didn't work out obvs. so shepard ended up pretty lonely, having no one to warm her bed whilst saving the galaxy. same in me3

i started a new play thru as male!shep from me1 not long ago bc i wanted everyone to stop btching during me2 about how i didn't save the council. romanced liara in me1 and miranda in me2. i had tried to romance jack again but i messed it up somehow so miranda was fallback.
and then i went to import into me3 but the face settings had changed from 1&2 to 3? and my shepard was so ugly. i couldn't even look at him. i tried again later and fixed him a bit but he won't look like he did in me2. i'll just keep a helmet on him, listen to his voice and pretend he looks the same as before.
im super excited for andromeda, it's gonna be so good. well it better be.

ffxiii was the first disc i put into my ps3. tbh i didn't get much further than that :oops:. and the only other final fantasy ive played is grimoire of the rift on nds which i dont think counts but i loved it a lot. should i try an older ff, which one?

rn im playing sleeping dogs. and fave games are like.. the last of us, uncharted and gtav.

so what is everyone's preferred gaming platform? i've seen mentions of pc and ps, but no xbox haha. i'm on ps3 for a few more weeks until i buy ps4. only games ive played on pc are the sims 3, skyrim n minecraft. i like console way more. it's much simpler to just start playing. but then you can't mod idk.
DryCereal
koi pond

ghost wrote:should i try an older ff, which one?
VIII, IX & X are all accessible on PS3 (prob also PS4)
I'd hold off on VII til the PS4 remake now, tbh...
hermione
phillion/danosaur <//3

Anyone play Destiny?

I'm also playing Telltale TWD atm. Michonne Ep 2 just came out but I'm waiting for a day when my house mates are all out so I can be alone and fully immerse myself in it..

On DS I play lots of Pokemon, Zelda and Professor Layton

I also LOVE Ratchet and Clank, Halo, Portal, Resistance etc etc
ghost wrote: so what is everyone's preferred gaming platform? i've seen mentions of pc and ps, but no xbox haha. i'm on ps3 for a few more weeks until i buy ps4. only games ive played on pc are the sims 3, skyrim n minecraft. i like console way more. it's much simpler to just start playing. but then you can't mod idk.
I play on xbox! ^_^ Well, I generally prefer playstation but mine got stolen :(
DryCereal
koi pond

hermione wrote:
ghost wrote: so what is everyone's preferred gaming platform? i've seen mentions of pc and ps, but no xbox haha. i'm on ps3 for a few more weeks until i buy ps4. only games ive played on pc are the sims 3, skyrim n minecraft. i like console way more. it's much simpler to just start playing. but then you can't mod idk.
I play on xbox! ^_^ Well, I generally prefer playstation but mine got stolen :(
PS3 and 3DS here although I turn the 3D-ness way the heck down, and yet still get the most horrendous headaches if I play it for too long. Sad times.
angrymob
hobbit hair

akui wrote:I wanna see Dan and Phil play Don't starve together together.
Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss :D :D :D :D :D

That'd be a perfect game for them. Cutesy art style, low level commitment (easy to just set up your death if you got sick of playing it), opportunities for bants because the story isn't too intensive, and I really want to see which characters they'd pick.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

angrymob wrote:
akui wrote:I wanna see Dan and Phil play Don't starve together together.
Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss :D :D :D :D :D

That'd be a perfect game for them. Cutesy art style, low level commitment (easy to just set up your death if you got sick of playing it), opportunities for bants because the story isn't too intensive, and I really want to see which characters they'd pick.
Yeah, and I want see them both playing, working with each other instead of against each other (although the DVP are always fun), but maybe we can have a glimpse of their real life dynamic.
ghost
smol bean

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
ghost wrote:should i try an older ff, which one?
VIII, IX & X are all accessible on PS3 (prob also PS4)
I'd hold off on VII til the PS4 remake now, tbh...
oh ok thanks for the info. :)
hermione wrote: I'm also playing Telltale TWD atm. Michonne Ep 2 just came out but I'm waiting for a day when my house mates are all out so I can be alone and fully immerse myself in it..
that's the way to do it! ;) are you liking it as much as the original series?
i haven't played any of them bc i accidentally purchased s1 for ps vita and longstoryshort i don't own a ps vita... and now i hold a grudge lmao. i'll definitely play through them one day bc i know they're good. plus i've also just been catching up on the 3 tv seasons of twd i've missed, so i'm more ~involved now haha.
hermione wrote: I play on xbox! ^_^ Well, I generally prefer playstation but mine got stolen :(
:o do you know who stole it?
DryCereal
koi pond

Release date for FFXV - 30/9/16.
hermione
phillion/danosaur <//3

ghost wrote:
hermione wrote: I'm also playing Telltale TWD atm. Michonne Ep 2 just came out but I'm waiting for a day when my house mates are all out so I can be alone and fully immerse myself in it..
that's the way to do it! ;) are you liking it as much as the original series?
i haven't played any of them bc i accidentally purchased s1 for ps vita and longstoryshort i don't own a ps vita... and now i hold a grudge lmao. i'll definitely play through them one day bc i know they're good. plus i've also just been catching up on the 3 tv seasons of twd i've missed, so i'm more ~involved now haha.
Naah not as much as the main series. Lee & Clem 4 lyfe
Hahahaaa aw man that sucks. Yeah, definitely play them at some point though. In my opinion they are even better than the comics and tv show combined! So. Good.
ghost wrote:
hermione wrote: I play on xbox! ^_^ Well, I generally prefer playstation but mine got stolen :(
:o do you know who stole it?
Nope :wahh:
madmadmad
drama llama

Very casual gamer here who only plays stuff recommended to me by people who kinda know what I like. I used to play console games quite a bit as a kid and still play loads of stuff on the NDS (ace attorney, pokemon, layton, rythm heaven are some of my faves). I just love the format of the NDS, and to some extent 3DS too I guess.

I'm playing The Witness on the PC now and loving it. I like story based/visual-novel style or puzzle/strategy games a lot, I'm crap at FPS games and can't be bothered with MMOs and stuff. Telltale games are nice, love Fire Emblem (esp Path of Radiance for the story although the game was a bit too easy), I still remember loving L.A. Noire altho it was several years since I played it (who doesn't love fancy old cars?), I played Undertale and while it was a nice game it didn't affect me as much as I feel like it should have considering a lot of people's reaction to it, seeing people mention Heroes of Might and Magic III brings back childhood memories... was obsessed with Civilization 5 for quite awhile and I used to be a sims 2 pro back in the days. Can't remember anymore now so I'll leave it at this.
cocolero
squish

bedhead91 wrote:
As for what games I play, I think I cover mostly every genre except straight-up shooters. Anything storybased or adventure-ish is right up my alley, I just go completely overboard everytime and immerse myself the heck into games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Baldur's Gate, Zelda, Red Dead Redemption... and YES Anonymousse, Terraria!
Same for me really. My faves also include old-school Elder Scrolls games like Morrowind and Oblivion, the whole Fallout series, and Saint's Row. As for MMO's, I used to play WOW and Star Wars the Old Republic heavily, but have since retired from both. I feel a bit weird because I've never played a single Pokemon game.
[/spoiler]
ESO BABY!!!
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

There's a ton of games could play that would work very well: Don't starve, Terraria, Portal 2 ... any good co-op game really.
Trigger Warning :
evil bitch mode warning

I wish they would ditch Dil already. Just remove the pool ladder. Drown his ass, i'm getting so tired of the same old same old 'life in the day of dil' spiel.

This is going to be one long list of games I love. I apologize for having no life not really though
It warms the heart to see so many fellow rpg enthousiasts on here. Baldur's Gate ( protip: check out Pillars of Eternity if you haven't yet) , Dragon Age series, Skyrim, Oblivion; The Witcher series, Fallout series, Mass effect series, Divinity series Fable series ... damn i eat that stuff for breakfast.
Wow, now i'm thinking about it i must have literally spend hundreds and hundreds of hours playing RPG's. I'm like a true veteran compared to some of the younger people here :|

Apart from RPG's i like RTS and TBS games. My all time fav has got to be Age of Empires II ... that game just brings back some many memories for me, and i still play it with the same friends i played it with when it came out. I dabbled with AOE III but frankly it's nothing compared to the AOE II: TC golden standard. This heresy needs to stop, Dan. Convert now. Wololo, ninini :P.
RTS: Starcraft II, Age of Mythology, the Anno series, Europa Universalis series ... love em all.
For TBS, i have a weak spot for Civilization, Galciv, the Total War games, and any obscure TBS game that provides a good challenge.
We should exchange Steam names, maybe?

Man I love games. And these are like just the pc games i play by myself. When i'm with friends, there's a good chance we'll be playing boardgames or just poker. I even harass my sister and brother to play chess with me :D
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
deerly
glabella
Pronouns: they/them

Half-life series is my absolute fave. I can't think of the game I love more, I don't think I'lm able to love anything more than HL.
Also I love Max Payne 1 and 2, Silent Hills (except Homecoming), TES (I don't like Skyrim that much tho), Unreal series, Portals, Bastion, Valiant Hearts, 1st Bioshock, American McGee's Alice, Far Cry, Syberia, Dear Esther, The Path (JARBOE'S SOUNDTRACK AMIRITE). The last one I enjoyed immensely was The Beginner's Guide. This game is really something else, it's exceptional, it fucks you up in the best possible way (can't count the times I teared up), recommend it to everyone, it's really short. Very thought-provoking and aesthetically pleasing.
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum.
DryCereal
koi pond

Welp... I just ebay-ed myself a 1TB PS4 and six games (of which I know at least 3 will be traded in immediately!)
So I'm set for when I get home whenever FFVII, FFXV and KH3 come out, but any other recs for must-have titles?

PS3 library for reference:
majitzu
angel bean

Last week i finish playing Miles Edgeworth Investigations 1 and I decided to return to Zelda Majoras Mask. I've been playing that game with a guide because I didn't have a clue of what to do, but I've been reading on the internet what things I need to pay attention to know what to do then, so I decided to restart the game. I only played 9 hours before so is okay. Amd this time without guide... i hope
Lain
eclipse shirt

I'm a fan of many of the same type of games a lot of you guys seem to be (Bioware titles, Valve, Bethesda)!

A genre I haven't seen mentioned much so far is survival horror. My favourites from said genre would have to be the Silent Hill series, Fatal Frame, and Corspe Party. I'm currently excited to pre-order the 3DS 'Back to School' edition of Corpse Party (mostly because it comes with figures, and I'm a sucker for figures).
IckleMissMayhem wrote:Welp... I just ebay-ed myself a 1TB PS4 and six games (of which I know at least 3 will be traded in immediately!)
So I'm set for when I get home whenever FFVII, FFXV and KH3 come out, but any other recs for must-have titles?

PS3 library for reference:
Which 3 are you trading, out of curiosity? I know which I would trade. :lol:

Re: recs, have you played Red Dead Redemption or Beyond: Two Souls? Are you looking for Playstation exclusive recs?