LtrllySusan
stress mushroom

Re: Gaming Thread

Post by LtrllySusan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 am

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:09 am
LtrllySusan wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 am
Has anyone here played Stardew Valley? It's coming out for the Switch in 2 days and it's hyped like crazy over on reddit. Wondering if I should get it... Everyone's comparing it to Animal Crossing but I've never played that, so idk what to expect.
It's vaguely like Animal Crossing? Ish? But IMO It's far, far more similar to Harvest Moon. That said, out of the three, I'm waiting for AC to be announced/released before I buy my own Switch. C'mon Nintendo, it's been FOUR YEARS since New Leaf came out. :roll:
Stardew gets a lot of hype because t's already OUT on different systems. Here's Markiplier playing it 18 months ago:
Ah yeah, Harvest Moon! That is the one they also compare it too. Never played that either. I'll check Mark's video, thanks!

I bought my Switch for Zelda (first gaming console I bought since picking up a used GameCube in like 2008) and I haven't regretted the purchase. There's quite a few cute coop games already, like Snipperclips and Overcooked, and a lot of sidescrolling platform games, if you are into that.

Super curious about the Pokémon that's coming for the Switch, but that's probably at least another 12-15 months away from even having an announcement.

IckleMissMayhem
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Post by IckleMissMayhem » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:17 am

My OH has a Switch, hence the "my own" ;) Only issue is he very inconsiderately takes it away with him when he's travelling. Missed both Phan Prix because of that. :D

My Undertale for PS4 is currently in Compton CA. So it's travelled further away from me thus far. COME ON DHL!!!! :(

IckleMissMayhem
koi pond

Post by IckleMissMayhem » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 pm

I bought "Bridge Constructor Portal" from the Mac App Store on a whim the other day and it is wrecking my head in the best way possible. verygood/10 do recommend. :D

GLADoS is as wicked(ly funny) as ever, too.

missemma
dirty bitch
dirty bitch

Post by missemma » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Since Deppy played Fortnite I downloaded it because it looked like my kind of game and I am addicted. I've been playing it all day today and finally got down to 4th position. I found it hard playing on my PC because you need to be quick and the shooting is quite difficult on PC so I probably need some kind of controller maybe. Who else is playing?
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

fancybum
full-time internet hobo

Post by fancybum » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:21 pm

missemma wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:20 pm
Since Deppy played Fortnite I downloaded it because it looked like my kind of game and I am addicted. I've been playing it all day today and finally got down to 4th position. I found it hard playing on my PC because you need to be quick and the shooting is quite difficult on PC so I probably need some kind of controller maybe. Who else is playing?
I downloaded it after watching jacksepticeye and Chris play but I need to steal a controller from my brother before giving it another go because it was rough with just the keyboard. I basically used Chris's strategy of sucking avoiding everybody and hiding and even then only made it into the 30s. But I liked it, so I know how I'll be spending my next day off.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me

Lain
#relatable

Post by Lain » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 am

Anyone interested in the new Ni No Kuni?

I was hoping for a special edition release for PC too (for my sister), but I imagine the market share here is heavily skewed towards the PS4. My children love Ni No Kuni, and I'm very excited to play it with them. ^^