DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
returns from lurkdom for a split second to promo real quick. if anyone's going to vidcon, check the meetup out! i'll be there (and hosting it actually), which also brings me to: If anyone has any suggestions of what should happen aside from general socializing, lmk! was thinking of some kind of trivia game or icebreaker but
manged
lady door

asimfrickinzazzed wrote: returns from lurkdom for a split second to promo real quick. if anyone's going to vidcon, check the meetup out! i'll be there (and hosting it actually), which also brings me to: If anyone has any suggestions of what should happen aside from general socializing, lmk! was thinking of some kind of trivia game or icebreaker but
I won't be going, but I was wondering how exactly the meetups would be run. Is Vidcon literally just dumping a bunch of fans in a ballroom for an hour?

If that's the case, then icebreakers would probably help for those who are too awkward to mingle on their own. Maybe a game involving trashcans.
daphenaxa
blobfish

best taco competition
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

manged wrote:
asimfrickinzazzed wrote: returns from lurkdom for a split second to promo real quick. if anyone's going to vidcon, check the meetup out! i'll be there (and hosting it actually), which also brings me to: If anyone has any suggestions of what should happen aside from general socializing, lmk! was thinking of some kind of trivia game or icebreaker but
I won't be going, but I was wondering how exactly the meetups would be run. Is Vidcon literally just dumping a bunch of fans in a ballroom for an hour?

If that's the case, then icebreakers would probably help for those who are too awkward to mingle on their own. Maybe a game involving trashcans.
Yeah, VidCon is basically dumping a bunch of fans in a ballroom for an hour. I've been told by the manager that the room capacity is about 250, which is a lot and hopefully it won't actually fill to capacity because I'm already sweating. It can be as structured or as unstructured as I'd like but I think an icebreaker would be fun
daphenaxa wrote:best taco competition
they request i don't bring food unfortunately :/
daphenaxa
blobfish

ok collective painting is really cool. Like buy huge canvas and some paint and everyone can participate a bit. I don't know about the logistic for 250 people but that's an idea
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
lilMango
morning quiff

asimfrickinzazzed wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
returns from lurkdom for a split second to promo real quick. if anyone's going to vidcon, check the meetup out! i'll be there (and hosting it actually), which also brings me to: If anyone has any suggestions of what should happen aside from general socializing, lmk! was thinking of some kind of trivia game or icebreaker but
Isn't there gonna be some video project or something? I'll be there hopefully, and it would be awesome to do icebreakers and games
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
tilltomorrow
drama llama

I'm going to VidCon! But I'm attending as a Creator so I can't go to the meetup :?

(which is fine bc i'm awk af and a bit over the avg age anyways)
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

lilMango wrote: Isn't there gonna be some video project or something? I'll be there hopefully, and it would be awesome to do icebreakers and games
Yeah someone asked if they could set up a video project at the meetup and I was like sure why not? A game for the Phan Trash Master with impossible trivia questions? Hmm... I was also toying around with the idea of a massive One Word Story game but idk how many would be up for that.
tilltomorrow wrote:I'm going to VidCon! But I'm attending as a Creator so I can't go to the meetup :?

(which is fine bc i'm awk af and a bit over the avg age anyways)
The fan meetups are open to any passholder. I have a Creator pass as well, but whatever floats your boat~
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Random off topic: if you both are attending as creators, does it mean you are youtubers? Sorry if it's a silly question :platonic:
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

Ticia wrote:Random off topic: if you both are attending as creators, does it mean you are youtubers? Sorry if it's a silly question :platonic:
I've made only three videos total within the past year so i wouldnt classify myself as a "creator" just yet, much less a youtuber haha. but I'm hoping the panels will inspire me to upload more often than once in a blue moon. i also decided to go with creator because I enjoy watching panels more than signings (and I already managed to meet deppy @ last year's vidcon, found that i'm not necessarily a fan of the flash m&g setup, so now there's not many benefits left for me with a community pass)
susan2
rainbow nerd

So it sems like 'Hello World' aint going too well today...

Not really surprising, but extremely sad for people who have paid so much money / have disappointed kids / didn't get what they paid for :( :evil:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

susan2 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:56 pm So it sems like 'Hello World' aint going too well today...

Not really surprising, but extremely sad for people who have paid so much money / have disappointed kids / didn't get what they paid for :( :evil:
That's awful. It seems like they haven't planned it out enough at all, I feel really bad for the people who paid money for this.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

susan2 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:56 pm So it sems like 'Hello World' aint going too well today...

Yeah I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be great, but this is worse than I imagined. Feel sorry for all those people who spent quite a bit of money.
obvsly
#relatable

I think the worst thing is how the Youtubers attending the event didn't even try to apologize for what happened. This response by Louise is really disappointing to me:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Honestly this event sounded like a flop from the start.. there's a reason why big YouTube conventions do the lottery system. Because the first come first serve queue system didn't work, because it's too dangerous to let big creators roam around the hall freely. The lottery system is definitely flawed but it works the best compared to other options.

And then Alfie The Genius and the friends who simply feel too good for M&G's and don't wanna do them come up with some brilliant plan where ~it's not an M&G event~ except that's what everyone wants so to sell it they make some promises they can't or don't wanna keep in order to sell VIP tickets for insane prices. They like standing on a stage being adored by screaming fans. Everything else is too much effort.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alch
ar·tic·u·late

obvsly wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:43 pm
I think the worst thing is how the Youtubers attending the event didn't even try to apologize for what happened. This response by Louise is really disappointing to me:
I haven't been happy with much that Louise says anymore but really? She should at least acknowledge why people are upset and not just act like they're hating for no reason
anenergetic
spork
Pronouns: he/him

alch wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:50 pm
obvsly wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:43 pm
I haven't been happy with much that Louise says anymore but really? She should at least acknowledge why people are upset and not just act like they're hating for no reason
Agreed.

I also heard they mistreated smaller creators at the event. Makes me sad.
gay :prideflag:
obvsly
#relatable

I can't help thinking HelloWorld might have been the last straw... :shrug: