TV show thread

Alohomora
tol bean

akui wrote:
jess wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:
Isn't it a popular fan theory that the third head of the dragon is supposed to be Bran Stark? There's no need to apologize for being a nerd. By all means, hit me with your theories.
Tis one of the popular theories! I'm partial to the Dany/Tyrion/Jon theory... but that might just be because I loathe Bran (HE'S SO UTTERLY BORING!) & adore Tyrion. & let's be real, I wanna see Tyrion commanding a dragon because that would be badass as fuck. I'm also a believer that Jon Snow is actually Lyanna/Rhaegar's child. I am eagerly awaiting the reunion on Jon & Tyrion because I like their relationship/bond!
Judging by the red woman in the trailer I personally think that either Jon or Deanerys will claim the iron throne at the end, because if the red woman saw prince and princess in the fire it must be them. Plus ice and fire amiright However I'm afraid Tyrion will die helping Deanery, sometimes her ego is too big it became dangerous, or is she actually going crazy??? IDK. If Bran is the dragon then the stark must've joined forces with targaryen, maybe a targaryen+stark vs Lannister+Tyrell smash down for the finally?
sorry for another spoiler to anyone reading this
The general theory for the 'Three-Headed Dragon' is that Daenerys, Jon and Tyrion are the three heads, possibly because they've all become powerful despite their limitations (Dany is a woman in a man's world, Jon is the bastard son of the Starks, Tyrion is a dwarf who is hated by most of his family). As to who actually gets the Iron throne and 'wins' the game of thrones, unless they introduce a certain character from the books (and even if they do tbh) I'm 100% convinced it's going to be Jon, because of the whole R+L = J theory and Melisandre's prophecy after (before?) he was brought back. Why revive him if he's not a game-changer (pun intended ;) )

I have no clue how Bran'll end up, though. He could just be warging around in the North after the story ends, and leave Winterfell to Rickon or something. I don't think he's too interested in being Warden of the North.
jess
living flop

Alohomora wrote:
The general theory for the 'Three-Headed Dragon' is that Daenerys, Jon and Tyrion are the three heads, possibly because they've all become powerful despite their limitations (Dany is a woman in a man's world, Jon is the bastard son of the Starks, Tyrion is a dwarf who is hated by most of his family). As to who actually gets the Iron throne and 'wins' the game of thrones, unless they introduce a certain character from the books (and even if they do tbh) I'm 100% convinced it's going to be Jon, because of the whole R+L = J theory and Melisandre's prophecy after (before?) he was brought back. Why revive him if he's not a game-changer (pun intended ;) )

I have no clue how Bran'll end up, though. He could just be warging around in the North after the story ends, and leave Winterfell to Rickon or something. I don't think he's too interested in being Warden of the North.
Even more SOI&F/GOT ramblings.
I have tried to not get too terribly invested in any single theory because Martin does really love to fuck with all of us. I honestly just don't see how Jon could not be R+L's son... all signs point to it... but yeah, again, you never know in this series.

I've been angry for two seasons now that the Aegon hasn't appeared yet. But then again, I think he's probably just a red herring, even if he is who they say he is (especially now that he just doesn't exist at all in TV land... yet).

I do wonder what will happen to all the Starks. I feel like there's still so much story to tell for all of them (especially Arya) & I just want Martin to get on with it already. My target date for book 7 is 2025... not even joking. He probably won't even be able to hit that target with his monumental slow down as the years fly by. (dual meaning of that emoji! Ha! )

I am still wondering what role the Greyjoys/Iron Islands will play as the story progresses. We just seem to keep coming back to them & it really isn't apparent (at least to me!) yet why.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

jess wrote:
Alohomora wrote:

Even more SOI&F/GOT ramblings.
I have tried to not get too terribly invested in any single theory because Martin does really love to fuck with all of us. I honestly just don't see how Jon could not be R+L's son... all signs point to it... but yeah, again, you never know in this series.

I've been angry for two seasons now that the Aegon hasn't appeared yet. But then again, I think he's probably just a red herring, even if he is who they say he is (especially now that he just doesn't exist at all in TV land... yet).

I do wonder what will happen to all the Starks. I feel like there's still so much story to tell for all of them (especially Arya) & I just want Martin to get on with it already. My target date for book 7 is 2025... not even joking. He probably won't even be able to hit that target with his monumental slow down as the years fly by. (dual meaning of that emoji! Ha! )

I am still wondering what role the Greyjoys/Iron Islands will play as the story progresses. We just seem to keep coming back to them & it really isn't apparent (at least to me!) yet why.
I think Arya's storyline is really interesting and I will be so angry if it doesn't get some kind of satisfying conclusion. I also think I'm in the minority in that I'm really interested in what is going to happen to Bran and Sansa. Seriously George R.R. Martin, you're killing us here. Sad wanking indeed.
I also just started watching Dead Like Me, which was a mistake, even though it's really good...because now I can't seem to bring myself to do anything productive. :lol:
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
kay
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

backrolls wrote:
akui wrote:Re Drag race:
I'm #teamBob but i get that having kimchi to win is very important because as Michelle said this kid can change drag. Kimchi is not you usual queen who claim to be avant garde but actually just smash a ball of glitter on the head and wear it as a fashion statement. Kimchi is an actual artist who might not be most polish in other department, say lipsync or dancing, but she is the best at what she does and what she does is important.

That being said Bob is the strongest contestant and i support him.
yeah I agree with Bob being the strongest overall but I don't think he's that unique or even that polished when it comes to makeup/fashion, that being said, he would be incredible to see on a BOTS tour and has a strong enough personality and presence to even pull off a Rolodex-of-Hate style solo show. So yeah overall in the traditional 'drag arts' he is the best, however Kim Chi is SO unique, like never-before-seen unique, and yeah, maybe she can't dance, can't act, can't sing, can't even walk in heels but she can read a bitch FOR FILTH and imo is hilarious. I just think that Bob-esque queens have won before but there hasn't been anyone like Kim. Naomi is just a personal preference over Bob because I'm a sucker for a fashion queen and I love when queens (or just people in the world in general) incorporate genderfuck elements into their style, I mean did you see her DragCon outfit? Droooooolllll. And she's an absolute sweetheart and I love it when fierceness on the runway doesn't spill over to bitchiness irl
Non-spoiler talk, did you know Jinkx Monsoon follows Phil on Twitter? I can't really imagine how that would have come about, but I'm secretly hoping they are an AP stan lol
backrolls when I saw your username the first time all I could think of was
I loved Alyssa.

I love Drag Race and need to catch up, the last season I saw was 7. Jinkx & Alyssa's was my favorite season though. I can't believe Jinkx follows him, that's hilarious.

Does anybody watch Once Upon a Time? I don't have cable so I'm almost done with season 4 and wondering if anyone knows where I can watch season 5 (you have to have a cable provider to sign in and watch it on the ABC site).
backrolls
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them/their pls

achika wrote:
backrolls when I saw your username the first time all I could think of was
I loved Alyssa.

I love Drag Race and need to catch up, the last season I saw was 7. Jinkx & Alyssa's was my favorite season though. I can't believe Jinkx follows him, that's hilarious.
Haha yeah, that's where my username is from, ugh that season was so great. RoLaskaTox, Ivyyyyyyyyyyy Winterrrrrrrrrs, alyssa vs coco, and Jinkx (who is in my top 3 fave queens - I can never pick just one, raja and milk are the other two). Alyssa is hilarious, have you watched her Alyssa's Secret series on youtube? Also, you've gotta get on season 8, it's a real return to form. There's a great variety of styles and personalities.

I keep wishing that Jinkx has tickets to tatinof in Seattle, just thinking of them sitting in the crowd of screaming teens, singing along to the playlist, maybe submitting some crafts; it fills me with determination
DryCereal
koi pond

Anyone else bingewatched S4 of Orange Is The New Black already?

HO-LEE-SHEET! When's S5 out?!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Anyone else bingewatched S4 of Orange Is The New Black already?

HO-LEE-SHEET! When's S5 out?!
Yeah, my final is tomorrow yet i binged it yeasterday.

I'm going straight to hell. :thumb:
000dia000
emo goose

I just finished OITNB (I'm late, I know) but I'm not okay after that :(
I know the writers were trying to make an important statement, but not like that, oh god, I actually cried this season was too much, I'm not even a very emotional person, I don't think I've ever cried at a film/tv show but I cried my eyes out with this
but yeah, I can't believe we have to wait another year for season 5
:cactus:
opendoor
rainbow nerd

My uni semester just ended so I've spent the past few days catching up on GOT and now I can watch the finale when it airs, which is awesome. :D

I thought the season was kinda meh at the start but that it really picked up from episode 6 onward.
jess I agree that Bran is utterly boring.
(My faves are Sansa, Cersei and Jon).
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
lonely trash
glabella
Pronouns: trash

oitnb spoilersss
I was honestly very unhappy with the ending of oitnb. I feel like they put too much emphasis on how it was just one huge accident, and I don't think it does justice to Black Lives Matter, because those murders were carried out through hate and bigotry. I'm also very disappointed in them for killing off one of the only poc wlw characters. BYG, anyone? :|

They spent the whole season making us excited for her and her relationship with Soso, only to crumble all of our dreams. That could either be taken as a tactic to make us more emotional or to soften the blow, I'm not sure. I did bawl my eyes out when Taystee collapsed next to her, though, It was awful and made me really emotional for days after.
Oh Phil, there was never a better king of the universe.
000dia000
emo goose

Whatevenismyusername wrote:oitnb spoilersss
I was honestly very unhappy with the ending of oitnb. I feel like they put too much emphasis on how it was just one huge accident, and I don't think it does justice to Black Lives Matter, because those murders were carried out through hate and bigotry. I'm also very disappointed in them for killing off one of the only poc wlw characters. BYG, anyone? :|

They spent the whole season making us excited for her and her relationship with Soso, only to crumble all of our dreams. That could either be taken as a tactic to make us more emotional or to soften the blow, I'm not sure. I did bawl my eyes out when Taystee collapsed next to her, though, It was awful and made me really emotional for days after.
long rant about OINTB
This is exactly what made me cry. I understand what they're trying to do but it was executed poorly. Sometimes when a character goes through hardship or suffers from the results of their own actions (for example, Piper) you don't feel as upset or angry. But to murder a character who was like a bloody puppy feels worse and I was in tears. And as you mentioned there were not a lot of poc gay characters (what was there? 2?) and then one who was in a loving, cute relationship, it really was a kick in the face :sobs: sorry my rant is over
:cactus:
DryCereal
koi pond

GoT spoilers.Yes, oh-so legally acquired. such poor role models!
Holy fuck.

Jon is Lyanna's: confirmed finally.
Arya working though her list. Mother avenged.
Baelish. Uh Oh. Sansa: Feed him to the dogs. Now, ffs!
Lady Olenna in Dorne. HA! :lol:
Tommen: Oh my sweet summer child. :roll: RIP.
Cersei, you minx. You gots some 'splaining to do!

Jaime Lannister and Jon Snow are UTTERLY fucked. Or, one of them's going to end up with one hell of a harem. Daenarys, Cersei, Sansa, Ellaria and Asha...
fancy_nancy
phabergé

does this mean R+L=J is true? ngl I loved it and now i cant wait for next season. Im like, still in shock :o
DryCereal
koi pond

GoT:
fancy_nancy wrote:
does this mean R+L=J is true? ngl I loved it and now i cant wait for next season. Im like, still in shock :o
It means ?+L=J is true...
jess
living flop

IckleMissMayhem wrote:GoT:
fancy_nancy wrote:
Book nerd butting in to say YES! :D Or at least it is heavily implied. Lyanna was betrothed to Robert when Rhaegar kidnapped her catalyzing Robert's rebellion & ascension to the throne. He basically has to be Rhaegar or Robert's son. In my mind, since Robert's rebellion had already started, I believe the "he" Lyanna was referring to was Robert, making Jon Rhaegar's son. I'm of the belief that Lyanna hadn't slept with Robert since they weren't married. You know, Stark honor & all that.

Can you tell I spend way too much time thinking about these books/this show? 8-)

That episode was just fucking madness. I can't even believe everything that happened & how much is yet to come.
  • Dany + Tyrion is making me so very happy. I can't wait to see how that plays out in the books since I'm hoping their relationship will be better fleshed out on paper. I'm all about the three outsiders being the three heads of the dragon (Dany/Tyrion/Jon).
  • I'm wary as fuck of Sansa... I don't trust her (or Littlefinger) at all, especially when it comes to Jon.
  • So is Jon + Dany gonna happen or am I gonna be the saddest SoI&F/GoT fan ever? Because it needs to happen.
  • Arya!
  • I'm curious to see what happens with Cersei sans children. Beware the wrath.
  • When will it be revealed that Varys can teleport? Come on now. :sideeye:
  • What does Olenna (+ Varys) have up her sleeve?
  • Benjen/Coldhands confirmed. I'm curious to see if he finds a way back inside the wall... I need a full on Stark reunion.
opendoor, glad I'm not alone.
DryCereal
koi pond

jess wrote:
fancy_nancy wrote:
Book nerd butting in to say YES! :D Or at least it is heavily implied. Lyanna was betrothed to Robert when Rhaegar kidnapped her catalyzing Robert's rebellion & ascension to the throne. He basically has to be Rhaegar or Robert's son. In my mind, since Robert's rebellion had already started, I believe the "he" Lyanna was referring to was Robert, making Jon Rhaegar's son. I'm of the belief that Lyanna hadn't slept with Robert since they weren't married. You know, Stark honor & all that.
IDK... All that "Baratheon: Black of hair" (back before Ned died) stuff has me wondering.
jess
living flop

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
jess wrote:
fancy_nancy wrote:
IDK... All that "Baratheon: Black of hair" (back before Ned died) stuff has me wondering.
Yeah, I hear ya. I just really don't like Robert & don't wanna think of Jon being his son. :x But hey, who knows... he did start out as a whiny little bitch who couldn't handle shit & that does sound like a Baratheon bastard to me. :lol: But seriously, I hope not. I really really really hope not. Jon is a Targaryen/Stark in my eyes & has been since pretty much the beginning.

I've been lucky in that no one I really care about has died thus far aside from Hodor. Rob was up there with Bran for me: BORING BEYOND BELIEF & Catelyn is just... ugh, don't get me started (plus, she's not really dead... WHEN IS THAT STORYLINE COMING BACK?). Rickon never really developed, so who the fuck cares. I only wanted Margaery to live on the show because I like Natalie Dormer. Ygritte... wasn't Jon's destiny in my mind, as I've already established. Everyone else either deserved it or doesn't even matter enough for a mention. I'm still waiting on a few deaths. I am vicious.

While I'm at it, here's a list of relatively important characters I'd be totally ok with getting an axe to the face:

Bran
Cersei
Sansa
Petyr
Varys
Melisandre
Edmure
Brienne
Gilly
All Greyjoys
All Cleganes

Much caps, very ramble.
This is quickly becoming the most obnoxious thread with all the quoted spoilers... I ain't even sorry & I ain't even gonna delete any of the quotes.
majitzu
angel bean

This are the characters I'd be sad if they die

Tyrion
Jamie
Jon
Arya
fancy_nancy
phabergé

jess wrote: So is Jon + Dany gonna happen or am I gonna be the saddest SoI&F/GoT fan ever? Because it needs to happen.
dude, they could be related :o hahah i know Targaryens are into that but its too much for me.
jess
living flop

fancy_nancy wrote:
jess wrote: So is Jon + Dany gonna happen or am I gonna be the saddest SoI&F/GoT fan ever? Because it needs to happen.
dude, they could be related :o hahah i know Targaryens are into that but its too much for me.
I've gotten to the point where I've just accepted the Targaryen way of life.
majitzu wrote:This are the characters I'd be sad if they die

Tyrion
Jamie
Jon
Arya
Same. Literally, they are the only four that I really don't want to go & I have a feeling one of them will probably gone soon. :?
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

GOT spoilers
I feel like I'm the only one who is upset about Margaery dying, maybe only because I'm in love with Natalie Dormer and was still hoping a little that Sansa/Margaery could be a thing. Don't mind me.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
idontreallyknow
spork

Just found this thread and wanted to know if any of you watch the Foster's? My friend and I made a deal that if he watched oitnb
still not over the finale
I'd watch the Foster's and I ended up really liking it.

Also I just started Breaking Bad (i'm so late) and already binge watched the first season so I can tell I'll be finishing that
idontreallyknow
spork

000dia000 wrote:
Whatevenismyusername wrote:oitnb spoilersss

long rant about OINTB
This is exactly what made me cry. I understand what they're trying to do but it was executed poorly. Sometimes when a character goes through hardship or suffers from the results of their own actions (for example, Piper) you don't feel as upset or angry. But to murder a character who was like a bloody puppy feels worse and I was in tears. And as you mentioned there were not a lot of poc gay characters (what was there? 2?) and then one who was in a loving, cute relationship, it really was a kick in the face :sobs: sorry my rant is over
I agree with all of you That part with Taystee absolutely destroyed me. I agree that they did do a poor job with the execution, but I'm interested in how they're going to continue things in season 5.
Sorry for the double post :?
idontreallyknow
spork

Some other shows I like that people have mentioned and I will totally talk about totally have watched all of these legally haha:

AHS: I have some controversial opinions on it lmao. My favorite season was Freak Show and I've watched and generally liked the other seasons (don't have time to give in-depth reviews on them rn :( ), but I couldn't finish season 5 (Hotel). It sucks because I was excited about it, but I just hated it. To me it just got boring and I stopped about halfway through. I might try watching it again later, but the plot just seemed boring to me and I lost interest. (it's bothering me that I haven't finished it though so I probably will finish it as some point)

Sherlock: I've watched all 3 seasons + the special. Really like it :D

Downton Abbey: Completed. Most of my friends are surprised if I tell them I watch it but it's SUCH a good show. One of the first shows I really got into (been watching for a while )

Oitnb + The Foster's +Breaking Bad: Already posted about

The Walking Dead: I want to watch it soon since I love the videos games. Is it good?
I usually watch tv shows while drawing and stuff so I'm always looking for new ones.

I'm really sorry that I've posted three times in a row but it won't let me edit my posts :?
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Recently finished watching Stargate Universe, and (obviously) it brought to mind the original series SG-1 (cough cough late 90's) but I was hoping someone could recommend some other shows that take place in space. Currently watching Dark Matter and Killjoys, but any other good ones from yesteryears?