akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

For all my fellow moffat haters!

thanks to backin2009 for making the gif
mintsans
sofa crease

ciellin wrote:
mintsans wrote:Has anyone seen the show Humans on channel 4??
i finished it in one day last year! it was so good. others told me orginnal edition(the Sweden one? i dont really remember) was way better. but i didn't get the chance to watch it.
OOhhhhh i didn't know it was a remake! i'm intrigued.

Does anyone recommend a good comedy series (preferably british cause they're very short) that is low commitment and easy to watch? (think The IT crowd and shows like that)
angrymob
hobbit hair

mintsans wrote:
ciellin wrote:
i finished it in one day last year! it was so good. others told me orginnal edition(the Sweden one? i dont really remember) was way better. but i didn't get the chance to watch it.

Does anyone recommend a good comedy series (preferably british cause they're very short) that is low commitment and easy to watch? (think The IT crowd and shows like that)
Brooklyn Nine Nine, if you ahven't seen it, is really good and low commitement attention span-wise (it's not British, though). It's also has some absolutely hilarious episodes (The second Halloween episode killed me).
yonahime
glabella
Pronouns: she/her

angrymob wrote:
mintsans wrote:
ciellin wrote:

Brooklyn Nine Nine, if you ahven't seen it, is really good and low commitement attention span-wise (it's not British, though). It's also has some absolutely hilarious episodes (The second Halloween episode killed me).
Seconding Brooklyn Nine Nine. The only comedy series that i really like right now.

Did any of you watch In The Flesh? I'm still bitter that there's no third season? :wahh:
timtam
lady door

yonahime wrote:
angrymob wrote:
mintsans wrote:
ciellin wrote:

Seconding Brooklyn Nine Nine. The only comedy series that i really like right now.

Did any of you watch In The Flesh? I'm still bitter that there's no third season? :wahh:
Omg I loved In The Flesh! I was devastated when I heard there was going to be no third season!
mintsans
sofa crease

yonahime wrote:
angrymob wrote:
mintsans wrote:
ciellin wrote:

ooohh i'll look into that show, sounds cool and i love chelsea peretti.

I watched the first season of In the flesh and loved it but i'm kind of struggling to get past the middle of the second season, but it reflects more my current state of mind rn than the quality of the show because the show's lovely!

So sad about the cancelling. Why do networks have to cancel the good shows?

---

What are your favorite series that were cancelled way too early?

Mine is probably Dead like me! Does anyone remember that? it was really funny and heartwarming sometimes. They only made two seasons and an AWFUL movie that kind of ruined the ending of the second season.

kay
phabergé

mintsans wrote: What are your favorite series that were cancelled way too early?

Mine is probably Dead like me! Does anyone remember that? it was really funny and heartwarming sometimes. They only made two seasons and an AWFUL movie that kind of ruined the ending of the second season.

Dead Like Me was such a good show!

I stan Aaron Sorkin real hard so my first answer would be Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, I loved the first/only season and it had such potential. I loved the Matthew Perry/Bradley Whitford #bantz (and what I just realized the whole season is on YT wow)

But above all #1 shouldn't have been canceled is Smash. The cast and songs were wonderful, and the story line was engaging and fun. Season 2 lost it's footing a little but not enough to warrant getting the axe, especially because Jeremy Jordan was such a talented addition (even though he was REAL annoying at the beginning there). I miss that show so much. I end up rewatching it at least once every few months.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Wow I just watched the trailer and Smash looks amazing that's on my list now! Jeremy Jordan was great in The Last Five Years so I'm really excited to see him in this, thanks for the rec :)
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
icklebrina
living flop

Dead Like Me was a good show, I remember it! I actually found it after it had been cancelled in the library and binged it. Never knew there was a movie made!

I loved Smash! I still sing some of the songs from Smash just randomly in my head throughout the day.

My #1 show that shouldn't have been ended is Firefly. I also miss Merlin and Leverage (tbf, they both had good runs), and Dark Angel, and a long list of shows who tried to avoid being cancelled by throwing something major in at the end and then getting cancelled and NEVER EXPLAINING IT.
kay
phabergé

bluebox-away wrote:Wow I just watched the trailer and Smash looks amazing that's on my list now! Jeremy Jordan was great in The Last Five Years so I'm really excited to see him in this, thanks for the rec :)
I hope you like it! If you like musicals at all, I think you'll love it.
icklebrina wrote: I loved Smash! I still sing some of the songs from Smash just randomly in my head throughout the day.
Yes, so good. And I liked how they threw in random little covers in there for some of the scenes, alongside having originals as well. SPOILER:
"Don't Let Me Know" was my favorite song of both the seasons, I think I liked the Hit List songs better than Bombshell overall but they were both really good.
swofro
angel bean

A tv show called Reaper. That is a good one. Anyone have seen it before? I can't really remember bits of the story but it is a sort of funny version of Supernatural. The main guy works for The Devil because his parents sold his soul to him. The whole series is mainly about trying to figure out why his parents did that.

The last episode consist of the main character trying to buy his way out from the devil but end up selling his girlfriend's soul too. Very sad it has been cancelled.
Love is forever
loststars
living flop

Guys, my soul is bleeding because of the Sleepy Hollow finale. This season has been a mess (as kind of everything was after the beauty of S1) BUT WHAT W H HA AT ON EARTH?!?? And we didn't get proper closure? JE REFUSE no nope nopity noeoppe
(c)itscomicdans
SquishPhan
capita£ester

loststars wrote:Guys, my soul is bleeding because of the Sleepy Hollow finale. This season has been a mess (as kind of everything was after the beauty of S1) BUT WHAT W H HA AT ON EARTH?!?? And we didn't get proper closure? JE REFUSE no nope nopity noeoppe
This is why I'm glad that I gave up on the show during season 2. I did read what happened, since it was on some sites I frequent and I'm not happy about it at all. :rage: So glad I dropped it. A real shame though since season 1 was really good.
loststars
living flop

SquishPhan wrote: This is why I'm glad that I gave up on the show during season 2. I did read what happened, since it was on some sites I frequent and I'm not happy about it at all. :rage: So glad I dropped it. A real shame though since season 1 was really good.

It's unbelievable how efficiently they've dug their own grave by (constantly) doing Abbie dirty. Ever since the Katrina mess......... Some spoilers:
WTF to her words to Ichabod? They regressed her character to a prop for the white male lead, how are those the same writers from S1? Tumblr is absolutely right that he would've died with her, not this kiss your hand ok bye bullshit He could have actually professed his feelings out loud as well...
I loved Ichabbie so much :sobs:
(c)itscomicdans
SquishPhan
capita£ester

loststars wrote:
SquishPhan wrote: This is why I'm glad that I gave up on the show during season 2. I did read what happened, since it was on some sites I frequent and I'm not happy about it at all. :rage: So glad I dropped it. A real shame though since season 1 was really good.

It's unbelievable how efficiently they've dug their own grave by (constantly) doing Abbie dirty. Ever since the Katrina mess......... Some spoilers:
WTF to her words to Ichabod? They regressed her character to a prop for the white male lead, how are those the same writers from S1? Tumblr is absolutely right that he would've died with her, not this kiss your hand ok bye bullshit He could have actually professed his feelings out loud as well...
I loved Ichabbie so much :sobs:
Yeah the whole show is such a mess. Although I'm pretty sure that the people who made season 1, at least for the most part, are not on this show anymore. I think that those people who made season 1 great left because they were making another show called Scorpion. I think that explains a lot.
Yes he would have certainly died with her, at least the Ichabod from the first season would have.
I really hope that the cancel this show now, because there is really nothing left.
deerly
glabella
Pronouns: they/them

swofro wrote:A tv show called Reaper. That is a good one. Anyone have seen it before?
Used to tove it!

I liked Agent Carter 1 season, but the 2nd is a mess. What the f happened to Angie? Also this https://nerdsagainstfandomracism.tumblr ... sons-agent, I completely agree.
Rizzoli & Isles is a good show, but I'm tired of gueerbaiting tbh, what are you, Sherlock??
Cucumber-Banana-Tofu trilogy was amazing.
My fave of the faves is Twin Peaks, I rewatch it constantly and am v excited for the new season (but I try to not have very high expectations). I also love In The Flesh (forever bitter about cancelling club yay), Lie To Me, Jonathan Creek, Hading Out (GBBO fans have you seen it? Sue Perkins is a goddess!), Jeeves and Wooster, Grandma's House (Simon Amstell ), Please Like Me (it's so funny and touching and moving, one of the nicest series evarr), Pushing Daisies, The Hour (forever bitter about cancelling [2]), Vicious (if you want to see Dan and Phil in 50 years please watch this), Black Books (one of the best comedy series on planet earth), My Mad Fat Diary (I recommend this to all the britpop fans), The Young Ones (they're hilarious), The IT crowd, The Mighty Boosh & Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy are a must watch.
Last year I fell down the rabbit hole that is Shameless US (watched 5 seasons in 4 days instead of studying for my exams, don't do that kids) and now I'm slightly annoyed with the season 6 ending. Anyone shares my pain?

All of my friends loved Sense8 but I just can't get past the first 3 episodes, THEY'RE SO BORING I'M SORRY. Does it get better? I've heard it does but I need more confirmation :D

Re RPDR: I'm sad Laila, Cynthia Lee and Dax got eliminated so soon, I really liked them. Derrick seems like a bad version of Courtney Act soz and I really can't stand Acid Betty I want to slap her sometimes. Rooting for Bob, Kim Chi and Chi Chi
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum.
swofro
angel bean

^^ yes to Vicious. That is a good light hearted show for me, although critics are hard against it. I flew back home before watching the final episode, and have to resort to youtube like a peasant. Lol.
Love is forever
deerly
glabella

swofro wrote:^^ yes to Vicious. That is a good light hearted show for me, although critics are hard against it. I flew back home before watching the final episode, and have to resort to youtube like a peasant. Lol.
Didn't know about the critics, why? There are some problamatic jokes that made me uncomfortable (all about Violet and Ash) but the rest of the show is so funny and sweet.
Do you know if there will be season 3?
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum.
swofro
angel bean

deerly wrote:
swofro wrote:^^ yes to Vicious. That is a good light hearted show for me, although critics are hard against it. I flew back home before watching the final episode, and have to resort to youtube like a peasant. Lol.
Didn't know about the critics, why? There are some problamatic jokes that made me uncomfortable (all about Violet and Ash) but the rest of the show is so funny and sweet.
Do you know if there will be season 3?
It wasn't anything serious, just the usual critics, lame jokes and waste of talent. I think it just depends on person, because even if the jokes are lame, I still find it funny.

I don't think there will be a third season though, because everything seems to end neatly. And with those hard critics, I am not sure if they will renew the season.

But the main question is, why in the world Ash enjoy hanging out with the gang? Hahahaha. I love how Stuart made the tea-pot wears a jumper. Maybe because I never see it in real life, I find it quite cute.
Love is forever
cucu
tol bean

All of my friends loved Sense8 but I just can't get past the first 3 episodes, THEY'RE SO BORING I'M SORRY. Does it get better? I've heard it does but I need more confirmation :D

Re RPDR: I'm sad Laila, Cynthia Lee and Dax got eliminated so soon, I really liked them. Derrick seems like a bad version of Courtney Act soz and I really can't stand Acid Betty I want to slap her sometimes. Rooting for Bob, Kim Chi and Chi Chi
Same about Sense8! I was so so excited to watch it as from reading about the themes it touches upon, it should have been exactly my kind of show. Yet, I watched the first episode on Netflix & it was just... really dull. It may have been because sci-fi and supernatural genre tv shows really aren't my thing at all, but I was honestly so disappointed as I wanted so badly to like it.

I'm so sad about Cynthia getting eliminated - I mean, she totally deserved to go when she did, but she was so sweet and hilariously insane. i think Derrick Barry can be alright, but her runway looks are just so mediocre? It's beyond me how she didn't lipsync in the 4th episode. Apart from him I like all the remaining queens - I'm rooting for Thorgy and Chi Chi so hard, I love them.
deerly
glabella

swofro wrote:It wasn't anything serious, just the usual critics, lame jokes and waste of talent. I think it just depends on person, because even if the jokes are lame, I still find it funny.

I don't think there will be a third season though, because everything seems to end neatly. And with those hard critics, I am not sure if they will renew the season.

But the main question is, why in the world Ash enjoy hanging out with the gang? Hahahaha. I love how Stuart made the tea-pot wears a jumper. Maybe because I never see it in real life, I find it quite cute.
Oh, I thought you meant really harsh criticism!
Yeah, I liked the neat ending, but I just want mooooarr Vicious.
I think Ash genuinely likes them because they're fun and well..unusual people. It's not pity, I'm sure.
Teapot was cute!
Just rewatched one my fav episodes, 2x02, about them trying to exercise, laughed so hard I started hiccuping. And GUESS WHO I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE WHOLE TIME
cucu, exactly, I'm trying to force myself to like sense8 but it's just now working. I'm sad bc it's so hard to find a show that deals with social themes so great.

Cynthia deserved to go, yeah, but she was sooo sweet and charismatic I miss her. I think I'm biased towards Derrick because I feel extremely protective of Bob and she's being really mean to Bob :rage:
Winterbury
squish
Pronouns: she/her • they/them

Oh god, I honestly have a TV show problem. I've started so many TV shows but I lose interest in most of them after a few seasons and instead of trying to continue them, I start watching more and more new ones. (which is weird because some of the shows are actually really good and yet I just can't bring myself to continue watching them) It's a vicious circle.

Shows I've watched are:
Scrubs (complete / it's SUCH a good show if u ignore S9
Teen Wolf (first two seasons, I liked them but I gave up after that)
Supernatural (on of my favourite shows actually, even after all this time, but I've been stuck at the S9 finale for months)
Sense8 (actually up to date on this one!! can't wait for S2)
Agent Carter (binged S1 but am stuck in the middle of S2)
Sherlock (actually watched all 3 seasons, didn't watch the special yet)
In The Flesh (one of my favourite shows and ugh I'm still so bitter it got cancelled)
Glee (i'm stuck somewhere in S5. it's just so painful oh god)
Game Of Thrones (i love GoT!! v excited for S6)
American Horror Story (I loved S1 but S2 didn't hook me)
Hannibal (i watched like half of S1 and really liked it but didn't continue?? idk what's wrong with me)
How To Get Away With Murder (the second half of S2 is ready for me to watch it... and I will... hopefully... do that soon)
The Big Bang Theory (don't showshame me, I watched like 6 seasons of this back in 2013 and haven't touched it ever since)
Downton Abbey (i also really like this show but got so much 2nd hand embarrassment from an episode in S3 that I stopped?? i really need to get over myself gdi)
The Walking Dead (my latest victim. I started watching yesterday and I'm already in S2. it's really good so far so let's hope it stays that way)
So, uhm, yeah. If anyone wants to complain (or rave) about any of those shows to me, don't hold back.
especially Sherlock since my dashboard is currently getting flooded by conspiracy theories and "setlock" pictures/tweets/whatever and it's driving me the bad kind of crazy ugh
deerly wrote: All of my friends loved Sense8 but I just can't get past the first 3 episodes, THEY'RE SO BORING I'M SORRY. Does it get better? I've heard it does but I need more confirmation :D
I have a very short attention span but I didn't get bored once while watching Sense8. Still, I can kind of see why other people might feel differently and I can promise you, as soon as all the characters and their lives and problems have been introduced (which is mid S1), the show really picks up pace. Please give it a second chance; Sense8 is imo such a great and unique show and it deserves five seasons and a movie haha
angrymob
hobbit hair

deerly wrote: My fave of the faves is Twin Peaks, I rewatch it constantly and am v excited for the new season (but I try to not have very high expectations). I also love In The Flesh (forever bitter about cancelling club yay), Lie To Me, Jonathan Creek, Hading Out (GBBO fans have you seen it? Sue Perkins is a goddess!), Jeeves and Wooster, Grandma's House (Simon Amstell ), Please Like Me (it's so funny and touching and moving, one of the nicest series evarr), Pushing Daisies, The Hour (forever bitter about cancelling [2]), Vicious (if you want to see Dan and Phil in 50 years please watch this), Black Books (one of the best comedy series on planet earth), My Mad Fat Diary (I recommend this to all the britpop fans), The Young Ones (they're hilarious), The IT crowd, The Mighty Boosh & Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy are a must watch.
Someone that likes Grandma's House and The Young ones?! Literally no one I know like The Young Ones. I think it's a very specific humour.
deerly
glabella

Winterbury wrote:
deerly wrote: All of my friends loved Sense8 but I just can't get past the first 3 episodes, THEY'RE SO BORING I'M SORRY. Does it get better? I've heard it does but I need more confirmation :D
I have a very short attention span but I didn't get bored once while watching Sense8. Still, I can kind of see why other people might feel differently and I can promise you, as soon as all the characters and their lives and problems have been introduced (which is mid S1), the show really picks up pace. Please give it a second chance; Sense8 is imo such a great and unique show and it deserves five seasons and a movie haha
Thank you, I promise I'll give it a second chance after the exams.
angrymob wrote:Someone that likes Grandma's House and The Young ones?! Literally no one I know like The Young Ones. I think it's a very specific humour.
I rewatch Grandma's House at least once a year shhhh
It's hard to find a person who even knows about The Young Ones existence! I started watching it because it seemed like a fun version of Withnail&I (I know they're almost nothing alike, it's just the weird associations, I think??). The humour is specific and I like it so much, do you know shows similar in that aspect?
angrymob
hobbit hair

deerly wrote: It's hard to find a person who even knows about The Young Ones existence! I started watching it because it seemed like a fun version of Withnail&I (I know they're almost nothing alike, it's just the weird associations, I think??). The humour is specific and I like it so much, do you know shows similar in that aspect?
I'm trying to think of any shows that destroyed the set as much as they did. :lol:

Maybe Trailer Park Boys but I've never really watched it fully.