TV show thread

SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote:I was so, so into Doctor Who during the Nine/Ten/Torchwood era, but my passion for it just didn't survive the showrunner turnover. I tried still watching through Eleven's run but the tone and directions just shifted too much for my enjoyment. Makes me sad, a little, but eh. It happens.
Same on the whole Doctor Who thing, I have watched some episodes here and there from the newer seasons, but my love for Doctor Who has been gone for a long time now. I still rewatch some of the earlier seasons, but that is really it. Although I did like the 50th anniversary special.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

cucu wrote:i'm the biggest drag race stan haha. Season 8 is shaping up to be my favourite season so far as the whole cast is just so godamn lovable. Chi Chi is so fierce & hilarious, Thorgy is oddly fascinating and captivating & Acid Betty... like, she's clearly not got a good grasp on what is regular and polite social etiquette, but her drag is so wonderfully creative and weird, I love love it.
Yes, chi chi is not the most polished queen or even a skilled performer, but I see her got a natural charisma that's very fascinating (kinda like adore, but in her own way) and she has a lot of potential too, a lot of room to improve since she is very young.

Also this,

sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Okay you guys have convinced me to watch Buffy even though I technically should be concentrating on my mountains of uni work, oops :facepalm:
Also just putting it out there - Bob's Burgers is an amazing show. It's hilarious and I recommend it to any of you who haven't seen it :D
cucu
tol bean

akui wrote:
cucu wrote:i'm the biggest drag race stan haha. Season 8 is shaping up to be my favourite season so far as the whole cast is just so godamn lovable. Chi Chi is so fierce & hilarious, Thorgy is oddly fascinating and captivating & Acid Betty... like, she's clearly not got a good grasp on what is regular and polite social etiquette, but her drag is so wonderfully creative and weird, I love love it.
Yes, chi chi is not the most polished queen or even a skilled performer, but I see her got a natural charisma that's very fascinating (kinda like adore, but in her own way) and she has a lot of potential too, a lot of room to improve since she is very young.

Also this,

I agree with her not being particularly polished, though I definitely think that she has some serious performance skills i.e. dancing. I think she has a lot of room to grow & could potentially do great things if she had or has the resources and money to do so.

although...
I understand that Chi Chi wasn't the most polished in Ep 4 in her runway look, but I thought she was at least the standout from her group (that performance was so goddamn cringe lol.) Derrick on the other hand had a v lacklustre performance, and her runway outfit.... girl, what was that? It was mess imo. :? She definitely deserved to be in the bottom two above Chi Chi, I think she's kind of getting too many free passes like Adore in season 6.
That youtube vid is gold! I used to love Sarah and Adriana and this has put me back on their channel. I didn't actually watch the 100, although I did see that major fallout on my tumblr dash and it made me feel so terrible for all these hopeful wlw having that positive representation completely stolen away from them. :cry: The trope of killing the bi/lesbian character in order to further some straight male's boring ass plot point is increasingly ridiculous - like, I don't feel like I can actually watch an ongoing show with a gay girl character anymore as they don't seem to ever have a happy ending. :?
boredtears
squish

Has anyone seen The Fall? What do you think about the fact that they're finally making a season 3?

Sherlock Opinions
I feel so weird about Sherlock these days.
I remember watching it for the 1st time in high school when the 2 seasons were out, and completely loving it (although being a bit ???? about all the female characters (they get the shittiest treatment out of any show in recent memory tbh)).

About Irene, I found it actually so appalling that she is explicitly stated (by Irene herself!) to be a lesbian and yet the plot revolves around her falling for Sherlock in the end. It basically just reinforces the trope of 'oh lesbians just haven't found a man that blahblahblah' and it really annoys me that no one pulled moffat & co. up on it before the episode was shot. If she'd been stated to be bi, it would a bit less suspect (except it is still fxcked up that she was supposed to be the only one that beat Sherlock & instead was reduced to a woman with a crush) (also this ep used to be my fav ep when I still liked the show lmao)

When season 3 came out, I really really went off the show. The first episode really ground my gears with how it made fun of all the hardcore fans (and not in a nice way, in a 'hahahaha so weird look at these freakish people that obsess about sherlock and want the m/m characters to get together hha you're so WEIRD to think THAT would happen so let's dangle it right in front of you' way. I was never even in the sherlock fandom & found the fan base incredibly annoying but it made me feel really bad for them and angry at the show writers. I also feel like the show disappeared up its own ass, with its constant 'winks' to the audience and the show writers' fuckery with character development to fulfil their 'what if' sherlock fantasies (who are the crazy annoying fans now??).

Also the show kind of loses its tension (& it can't recreate the reichenbach suspense again tbh) when you realise that the plot is just --> one man --> shit happens --> shit makes no sense --> audiences are not offered the chance to try & make sense of this shit --> but instead have to marvel over the genius of this one --> smart. white dude.--> did i mention smart. --> he triumphs. what a surprise. --> then he gets to say and do incredibly insensitive shit & get away with it because he is a ~genius~. ain't that every ~misunderstood~ guy's wet dream.

Sorry this is so long I've just really needed to rant about this for ages
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

SquishPhan wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:I was so, so into Doctor Who during the Nine/Ten/Torchwood era, but my passion for it just didn't survive the showrunner turnover. I tried still watching through Eleven's run but the tone and directions just shifted too much for my enjoyment. Makes me sad, a little, but eh. It happens.
Same on the whole Doctor Who thing, I have watched some episodes here and there from the newer seasons, but my love for Doctor Who has been gone for a long time now. I still rewatch some of the earlier seasons, but that is really it. Although I did like the 50th anniversary special.
I only started watching who at the start of Tennants reign so I missed all of nine (gone back since ofc). This might be why Eleven is my favourite doctor. I was still obsessed when Matt Smith came in and I just love Amy/Rory/Eleven friendship. I stopped watching when Twelve came in. I don't think it is the same as Ten and Eleven. I have watched the odd episodes but not rewatched full seasons again and again like I have with the other doctors.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
cucu
tol bean

boredtears wrote:Has anyone seen The Fall? What do you think about the fact that they're finally making a season 3?

Sherlock Opinions
I remember watching it for the 1st time in high school when the 2 seasons were out, and completely loving it (although being a bit ???? about all the female characters (they get the shittiest treatment out of any show in recent memory tbh)).

About Irene, I found it actually so appalling that she is explicitly stated (by Irene herself!) to be a lesbian and yet the plot revolves around her falling for Sherlock in the end. It basically just reinforces the trope of 'oh lesbians just haven't found a man that blahblahblah' and it really annoys me that no one pulled moffat & co. up on it before the episode was shot. If she'd been stated to be bi, it would a bit less suspect (except it is still fxcked up that she was supposed to be the only one that beat Sherlock & instead was reduced to a woman with a crush) (also this ep used to be my fav ep when I still liked the show lmao)

When season 3 came out, I really really went off the show. The first episode really ground my gears with how it made fun of all the hardcore fans (and not in a nice way, in a 'hahahaha so weird look at these freakish people that obsess about sherlock and want the m/m characters to get together hha you're so WEIRD to think THAT would happen so let's dangle it right in front of you' way. I was never even in the sherlock fandom & found the fan base incredibly annoying but it made me feel really bad for them and angry at the show writers. I also feel like the show disappeared up its own ass, with its constant 'winks' to the audience and the show writers' fuckery with character development to fulfil their 'what if' sherlock fantasies (who are the crazy annoying fans now??).

Also the show kind of loses its tension (& it can't recreate the reichenbach suspense again tbh) when you realise that the plot is just --> one man --> shit happens --> shit makes no sense --> audiences are not offered the chance to try & make sense of this shit --> but instead have to marvel over the genius of this one --> smart. white dude.--> did i mention smart. --> he triumphs. what a surprise. --> then he gets to say and do incredibly insensitive shit & get away with it because he is a ~genius~. ain't that every ~misunderstood~ guy's wet dream.

I completely agree with you about sherlock - I was introduced to the show by a friend and was an absolutely massive fan for the first two seasons, yet the third season was just like....?? Any actual investment or enjoyment I had in the show was completely dashed as I began to realise how much the writers toyed with the fanbase. Don't get me wrong, the sherlock fandom (and the whole "superwholock" crap) is as annoying af, yet the incessant amount of q*eerbating was exhausting and really bloody patronising! It's like hey, lgbtq+ fans, let's dangle representation above your heads and make it seem as if that actually might be a possibility! But god no, there's no way Sherlock/John would ever actually be a reality, because they're obviously straight, you weirdos, how did you even get the idea they might not be in the first place??? ughh.

Irene... goddamn it that was a major misstep on Moffat's part, wtf was he thinking. She's a self-identifying lesbian, yet apparently Sherlock's sexymisterioussociapathicways are enough to make her fall in love with him, despite being... gay?? I don't want to sound too oversensitive or be reading too much into it, but that whole exhausted "girl is a lesbian but meets a guy and falls in love with him" trope is actually pretty damaging to people like me. I know that Moffat and the like frankly don't and wouldn't give much of a toss about their wlw viewers (not that many tv show writers seem to do anyway), yet at the same time I'm majorly disappointed that her storyline went that way.

Sherlock himself is another component of the show that increasingly irritated me - he's practically molly-coddled and worshipped by fans, his intellectual genius mind is apparently so magnetic that it is enough to "turn" a lesbian... Yet, his character is just such a genuinely awful person?? I remember actually arguing with another sherlock fan about this, and they were completely /adamant/ that it was because of his ~ sociopathic mind~ and that i just "didn't understand the complexities of his character". Like girl, maybe, but he seems to get a free pass every goddamn episode despite being a grade-A twat. Don't even get me started on how it suddenly became cool among sherlockians (??) to refer to yourself as a sociopath. Like ... you're perfectly normal.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Kathrynxjane wrote: Buffy is amazing. I would say the first couple of seasons are not my favourite but season 4 onwards it gets much better. Season 6 is my favourite season ever. A couple of episodes in 6 are in my top 10 favourite TV episodes ever. If you just want to watch one episode watch, Once More With Feeling. Best episode ever!!
YES. Season 6 Buffy is my favourite season. If I ever go on a Buffy binge then I always go for season 6 because
I love the fact they made one of the main characters have an addiction, turn evil and have everyone fight against them. Willow is my favourite Buffy character, and the whole season just builds up to her having a massive fall out. I obviously hated the fact they killed of Tara in that series because her and Willow were meant to be (wtf were they thinking with kennedy). Also Xanders speech at the end, the ending, with its pretty music always makes me cry.
Plus, who can resist the 3 nerds being in it. They were fantastic characters.
Also, let's not forget probably the most epic, awesome, beautiful return of this guy

that bit always gave me goosebumps. i feel like i need to go watch this right now
If anyone hasn't already seen it, this behind the scenes of Once More With Feeling is great:
I know you are all singing along ;)
fancybum wrote: If anyone's just starting Buffy (or thinking about it), fair warning, season 1 is not representative of the entire series! (Especially the first few eps). I find it fun in a nostalgic '90s way, but the awful valley-girl speak tones way down so don't let that put you off.
Yes, this. I personally avoid season 1 most of the time if I'm rewatching. I like it don't get me wrong, but it would probably be my least favourite season. Actually, maybe that would be series 7, because as much as I wanted the end of Buffy to be amazing, when I watched it on BBC2 I was so disappointed.

Anyone watching The Walking Dead?
Seriously, the last episode, let's be real we know Daryl isn't dead. They ever shot him in the arm or someone shot the other guy from behind. Either way I cannot wait for Monday to see what happens.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
akui
blobfish

Anyone watching the 100?
Damn they killed Lincoln! Whyyyy.

I feel like he is more of a token hot guy these days but I'm sad he's dead.
jhamba
procrastinator

akui wrote:Also this,

omg, this may be one of the best things I've ever seen.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
kay
phabergé

Soooo I'm going to not watch Sherlock now thanks to the first 20 or so posts on this page, lol. I'd rather not get involved if it's going to disappoint me and even with all your non-spoilery comments about it, I'm already annoyed

I'm absolutely consumed by Great British Bake-off right now, they put "season 1" (actually series 5) on Netflix and I powered through that in like 3 days. I'm hooked and watching series 6 bootlegs on YouTube.

I kept seeing Sense 8 stuff all over Tumblr and tried to give it a chance, it was OK but I'm like 6 episodes in and man is it lagging, maybe it's just me but I'm having a hard time getting invested. Did anyone else watch this?

I don't have cable, only streaming, so the last Walking Dead episodes I saw were when
Glenn "died" but not really
and now I have no idea what's going on anymore until the rest go on Netflix. Ugh
fancybum wrote:Buffy seasons ranked from best to worst IMO: 3, 2, 4, 5, 6, 1, the entire series of Angel, piles of rotting garbage, 7
I've never watched one episode of Buffy but this made me laugh so loud
timtam
lady door

I've been trying to watch Buffy for about a year now! I'm about half way through season two. I don't know why I can't get going with it. It's good, but it just doesn't have that obsessive watch 10 episodes a day quality that I like my tv shows to have. I might actually give it another go now that I've seen everyone talking about it.
cucu wrote:
boredtears wrote:Has anyone seen The Fall? What do you think about the fact that they're finally making a season 3?

Sherlock Opinions

I completely agree with you about sherlock - I was introduced to the show by a friend and was an absolutely massive fan for the first two seasons, yet the third season was just like....?? Any actual investment or enjoyment I had in the show was completely dashed as I began to realise how much the writers toyed with the fanbase. Don't get me wrong, the sherlock fandom (and the whole "superwholock" crap) is as annoying af, yet the incessant amount of q*eerbating was exhausting and really bloody patronising! It's like hey, lgbtq+ fans, let's dangle representation above your heads and make it seem as if that actually might be a possibility! But god no, there's no way Sherlock/John would ever actually be a reality, because they're obviously straight, you weirdos, how did you even get the idea they might not be in the first place??? ughh.

Irene... goddamn it that was a major misstep on Moffat's part, wtf was he thinking. She's a self-identifying lesbian, yet apparently Sherlock's sexymisterioussociapathicways are enough to make her fall in love with him, despite being... gay?? I don't want to sound too oversensitive or be reading too much into it, but that whole exhausted "girl is a lesbian but meets a guy and falls in love with him" trope is actually pretty damaging to people like me. I know that Moffat and the like frankly don't and wouldn't give much of a toss about their wlw viewers (not that many tv show writers seem to do anyway), yet at the same time I'm majorly disappointed that her storyline went that way.

Sherlock himself is another component of the show that increasingly irritated me - he's practically molly-coddled and worshipped by fans, his intellectual genius mind is apparently so magnetic that it is enough to "turn" a lesbian... Yet, his character is just such a genuinely awful person?? I remember actually arguing with another sherlock fan about this, and they were completely /adamant/ that it was because of his ~ sociopathic mind~ and that i just "didn't understand the complexities of his character". Like girl, maybe, but he seems to get a free pass every goddamn episode despite being a grade-A twat. Don't even get me started on how it suddenly became cool among sherlockians (??) to refer to yourself as a sociopath. Like ... you're perfectly normal.
You guys basically summarised exactly how I feel about Sherlock! I was massively obsessed with Sherlock when it was first released and I still enjoy watching the first season but omg its so terrible now.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

achika wrote:Soooo I'm going to not watch Sherlock now thanks to the first 20 or so posts on this page, lol. I'd rather not get involved if it's going to disappoint me and even with all your non-spoilery comments about it, I'm already annoyed

I'm absolutely consumed by Great British Bake-off right now, they put "season 1" (actually series 5) on Netflix and I powered through that in like 3 days. I'm hooked and watching series 6 bootlegs on YouTube.

I kept seeing Sense 8 stuff all over Tumblr and tried to give it a chance, it was OK but I'm like 6 episodes in and man is it lagging, maybe it's just me but I'm having a hard time getting invested. Did anyone else watch this?
Sherlock has a tonne of flaws but I still watch it because I love the way that it's filmed stylistically and like the way they've modernized the stories, but I'm well aware that Moffat's writing is extremely problematic so.. I actually watched season 2 first and then caught up, and was never super invested in the fandom so I just kind of appreciate it from a distance despite its issues.

GBBO is one of my all time favourites because the stakes are so low yet it's so tense, I would definitely recommend you go watch all the previous series too, 3 was my favourite because of the people in it :)

Sense8 is so so good, it's so confusing and intricately woven together but I absolutely loved it! Hardly anyone I know has seen it so I guess it maybe didn't do that well but I really enjoyed the whole concept of it, particularly how diverse the cast is and the fact that they actually shot it in the various locations around the world. Riley, Kala and Will are my favourites and I'm super excited for season 2 which they're now filming
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
akui
blobfish

bluebox-away wrote: Sense8 is so so good, it's so confusing and intricately woven together but I absolutely loved it! Hardly anyone I know has seen it so I guess it maybe didn't do that well but I really enjoyed the whole concept of it, particularly how diverse the cast is and the fact that they actually shot it in the various locations around the world. Riley, Kala and Will are my favourites and I'm super excited for season 2 which they're now filming
Are you kidding me Sense8 is the best, the cinematography alone deserve like 2000 emmys. The Wachowskis are gods!

And the show is so profound as well, there are differences between humans, culture, language, gender, sexuality, economic status, even our careers, but at the end we are all connected and can be understood by each other.
the child birth scene with Beethoven absolutely blown my mind. Modern tv classic!
jess
living flop

I love this show far too much. Like, seriously, way too much. Like, I'm inappropriately in love with Paul Spector. I often worry about my sanity, but my love of that character makes me feel all sorts of horrible.

I cannot wait for the new season. I hope it is as good as the first two because .

I had never paid attention to Jamie Dornan until my sister recommended The Fall to me & now I'm full on fascinated by the man. I have yet to watch 50 Shades, I'm still terrified that I'll break down one day & just watch it... but so far I have held firm.
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

akui wrote:
bluebox-away wrote: Sense8 is so so good, it's so confusing and intricately woven together but I absolutely loved it! Hardly anyone I know has seen it so I guess it maybe didn't do that well but I really enjoyed the whole concept of it, particularly how diverse the cast is and the fact that they actually shot it in the various locations around the world. Riley, Kala and Will are my favourites and I'm super excited for season 2 which they're now filming
Are you kidding me Sense8 is the best, the cinematography alone deserve like 2000 emmys. The Wachowskis are gods!

And the show is so profound as well, there are differences between humans, culture, language, gender, sexuality, economic status, even our careers, but at the end we are all connected and can be understood by each other.
the child birth scene with Beethoven absolutely blown my mind. Modern tv classic!
Just here to echo how good Sense8 is! Riley's storyline had me in tears. Also, speaking of cinematography, this .gif set really makes me want to watch the behind the scenes.
bluebox-away wrote: GBBO is one of my all time favourites because the stakes are so low yet it's so tense, I would definitely recommend you go watch all the previous series too, 3 was my favourite because of the people in it :)
I'm not in the UK so I can only watch the one season of the GBBO that's on netflix, but oh my god, that's the season with #bingate. I got so angry I stopped watching (accidentally spoiled myself and found out my fav. didn't win so that might have also been a contributing factor).
mintsans
sofa crease

Has anyone seen the show Humans on channel 4??

I just finished watching the first series and thought it was FANTASTIC. I love slightly futuristic storylines, tbh they seem the most authentic to me. I love that they have Katherine Parkinson in a dramatic role where she kills it, she's just one hell of an actress to be able to pull off both comedy and drama so well.
angrymob
hobbit hair

Anyone watch How to Get Away with Murder? I've granted not caught up with the second season yet, but the first season was so good! I love stories that only give you limited info at first and you have to piece it together as you go, it makes the plot twists more impactful. :D
kay
phabergé

greatnessflicker wrote:
bluebox-away wrote: GBBO is one of my all time favourites because the stakes are so low yet it's so tense, I would definitely recommend you go watch all the previous series too, 3 was my favourite because of the people in it :)
I'm not in the UK so I can only watch the one season of the GBBO that's on netflix, but oh my god, that's the season with #bingate. I got so angry I stopped watching (accidentally spoiled myself and found out my fav. didn't win so that might have also been a contributing factor).
That was so intense! Poor guy. I loved how aside from #bingate on his own Twitter he called it #bincident too I hope they put others seasons on Netflix/Hulu because I loved that series and the YouTube bootlegs are not as reliable as I'd hoped lol

OK, I'll give Sense8 another chance!
bluebox-away
woodland creature

angrymob wrote:Anyone watch How to Get Away with Murder? I've granted not caught up with the second season yet, but the first season was so good! I love stories that only give you limited info at first and you have to piece it together as you go, it makes the plot twists more impactful. :D
HTGAWM is fantastic! I'm midway through season 2 and absolutely loved season 1. The characters are so interesting and diverse and all of them are really freaking attractive too! Don't even get me started on the plot twists upon plot twists it's so great! Also it has Dean from Harry Potter & Paris from Gilmore Girls in it, who are both pretty amazing..

Re GBBO: omg #bingate, that was on the front of papers across the UK it was such a big deal, it is mad how invested in the bake-off the British public is :lol:
More TV shows: anybody watch The Good Wife? Or crime dramas like Broadchurch, Hinterland?
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

achika wrote:
greatnessflicker wrote:
That was so intense! Poor guy. I loved how aside from #bingate on his own Twitter he called it #bincident too I hope they put others seasons on Netflix/Hulu because I loved that series and the YouTube bootlegs are not as reliable as I'd hoped lol

OK, I'll give Sense8 another chance!
GBBO is the best
I wish it was on UK Netflix
. Bingate was hilarious and I remember that #justiceforian was trending. I feel like GBBO sums up Britain in one TV show. I cannot wait for the new series soon. I wish I was a good enough Baker to enter though
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

The Walking Dead season 6 finale
Did anyone see it? wtf, it was over an hour long and I was expecting at least one of the main characters to die but there was nothing. The ending, where they introduced Negan was interesting and I loved how they built up to his entrance, but then the last 15 minutes was too long and i lost interest. I wouldn't even say it was a good cliff hanger because most people know who Negan kills in the comics anyways - I mean I know they could change the story to make it less obvious, but it would have been interesting to go out with a death of someone to leave us mourning and discussing it. such a shame as this season has been AMAZING.

i am looking forwards to how the new story is going to evolve next season, especially with the introduction of Negan but ugh, just gonna go and look on twitter to see if i was the only one disappointed in the ending.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
yonahime
glabella

i totally agree with all your sentiments about Sherlock. To people who want to watch a Sherlock who doesn't get a pass for being a genius, please give Elementary a chance. It's really good. And i love Joan Watson. She's shown not as a sidekick but as his totally equal, platonic partner. The Irene plotline is also (there's a plot twist there)
Also, he is confirmed a neuroatypical (on the spectrum) and right now the development of the romance with another neuroatypical woman is really good.
Elementary has a whole lot better representation than Sherlock all around.

I finished HTGAWM second season and have to say they've done a really good job of wrapping it all up. the plot can get messy around the mid season but it all got tied up nicely. Not really a spoiler but just in case,
i cried at second season finale because it's very emotional for the first 15 minutes, but the ending got me :shock: asdfghhjjkll like usual
meowlizzz
smol bean

Wow, so I love Doctor Who. I started watching after I was browsing Tumblr and saw gifs from "The Angels Take Manhattan" and I was thoroughly intrigued. Ten is my favorite Doctor. Eleven was cool. Twelve was tough to love at first but he really won me over with The Husbands of River Song. Still not over it.

About Sherlock and Irene:
I must be a freaking idiot because I genuinely thought she was lying about being a lesbian. I don't mean that she didn't know she was straight. Like actually lied. I know she identified as one, but I thought in the end that it was part of the whole elaborate scheme. Don't know why. But thanks for sharing your views on that! I never read much fan discussion online because I'm always late to things and I don't want anything spoiled.
(Not-so-great) Thoughts on Buffy:
I also got into this late but I dropped it like a hot potato after she decided to go to college. I got sick and tired of her teenage-angsty-poor me attitude. I thought she was supposed to be a kick ass chick and physically she was. Very badass with all of the fighting and not scared of the monster thing. But emotionally she seemed weak. And why oh why did she and Angel break up? Oh, I'm a vampire and you won't be able to live a normal life. FUCK THAT NOISE. If I wanted to date a vampire and he said that to me I'd be like don't tell me what I want, man. Lol. Idk. I just got tired of the way they wrote her character I guess.
ciellin
not a first-time poster

bluebox-away wrote:
angrymob wrote:Anyone watch How to Get Away with Murder? I've granted not caught up with the second season yet, but the first season was so good! I love stories that only give you limited info at first and you have to piece it together as you go, it makes the plot twists more impactful. :D
HTGAWM is fantastic! I'm midway through season 2 and absolutely loved season 1. The characters are so interesting and diverse and all of them are really freaking attractive too! Don't even get me started on the plot twists upon plot twists it's so great! Also it has Dean from Harry Potter & Paris from Gilmore Girls in it, who are both pretty amazing..

Re GBBO: omg #bingate, that was on the front of papers across the UK it was such a big deal, it is mad how invested in the bake-off the British public is :lol:
More TV shows: anybody watch The Good Wife? Or crime dramas like Broadchurch, Hinterland?
i finished HTGAWM s2 and i think season 1 is better than season 2. i found Frank really attractive..haha
mintsans wrote:Has anyone seen the show Humans on channel 4??
i finished it in one day last year! it was so good. others told me orginnal edition(the Sweden one? i dont really remember) was way better. but i didn't get the chance to watch it.