Gabbie Hanna

User avatar
lesterchuu
philussy
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:42 pm
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: canada

i saw theres no topic for her here yet but ive recently watched her "diss track" video and im still thinking about it.

i used to dismiss her as another one of those gregarious and obnoxious youtubers so i never really watched her stuff. ive seen a couple of her videos before and even thought her songs were nice, but i never really caught on as her channel was not my type. so when i saw the diss track on my recommended, i just went "oh, another challenge video? nah, ill pass" but it wasnt until i saw people talking about it and finally seeing it on a react channel that i actually went and finally watched it. in retrospect, i dont think shes the type of youtuber that i can relate to personality-wise but i do definitely start to see her with respect.



considering the youtube culture right now, its a very clever way to make use of a "clickbait" to deliver a message
and honestly, i just got goosebumps
Image
"you are next to me in my life"
User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 6666
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

I am actually impressed by that diss track. I like her a lot and I like that she owns up to what makes her a popular youtuber... but I tried watching some of her videos with this newfound interest in her and bailed out so quickly. She's not wrong - she's melodramatic, over the top, and very obviously using a huge amount of exaggeration to ramp up the energy level of the storytime videos she has. And her personality in general is that kind of in your face, mildly desperate attention seeking kind that gives me an instant headache.

I did watch her music videos though - and again, found myself not hating them? I very much like the encore one better than the first one. Encore starts at three minutes in.

User avatar
lesterchuu
philussy
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:42 pm
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: canada

@alittledizzy yeah i feel that too. i do get that that over the top dramatics is what hooked people onto her, and in a way, what her demographic is built on...but yeah, im not really into that style either. thats why ive slept on her for so long (considering ive heard about dramas w her here and there, i was not interested at all).

tho, i kind of liked her grwm video right after the diss track because its a lot more chill and less exaggerated than her other ones. it was nice hearing her discuss how her creative process worked, how she values being in the moment with people that actually do care for her, and her putting effort into her own music videos, even paying the entire thing out of her own pocket. even though i may not see eye-to-eye with her persona, her self-awareness and determination is quite admirable.
Image
"you are next to me in my life"
User avatar
lesterchuu
philussy
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:42 pm
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: canada



dang, her newer stuff is starting to interest me a lot more now and i especially liked this one.

i love discussions about psychology and stuff like that and i think she made her topic very clear and concise. at one point she shared her "rule" for separating personal relationships with her work to some extent...and my mind place instantly thought about dnp and their "rare collabs" with people.

idk it just makes you think.
Image
"you are next to me in my life"
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

Wowww has anybody been following this trainwreck lately? It's fascinating how dedicated she is to ruining her entire life/career just for the hell of it. She went completely off the rails (again, some more) last month-ish just ranting on insta/twitter about people she hates (literally out of nowhere) and apparently is going to release a 13-part (lmaooo) or something series about her side of the story. Her story being.... she's never done anything wrong in her life and people just hate her because she's: a woman/25% middle eastern/has ADHD/[insert excuse of the week]. I don't even know where to begin with a tl;dr since a lot of stuff blowing up now started in like 2018/2019 (some of which was based on other stuff from 2014?) and some of it needs TWs, but the overall tl;dr is she is nightmarishly awful and I can't wait to see how she keeps digging in further.

This came out a few days ago from fucking Buzzfeed:
Why Is Everyone So Mad at Gabbie Hanna?

For more info, Lily Marston has been killing it today:
(For more context, go check out Jessie Smiles' twitter, but TW because wowwww Gabbie is disgusting trash)

Like all she had to do was shut the fuck up? And mind her business? But she just can't fucking do it and it makes for some A+ scrolling on lunch breaks. I mean, just look at this:
You can't make this stuff up.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
obvsly
truth bomb
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

Oh wow that buzzfeed article was a fun read. I barely knew about her and have only seen bits here and there whenever a new drama flared up on Twitter.

Back in April though when the poetry thing happened, I actually felt really sorry for gabbie. Not because I liked her poetry (if you can even call it that.) But no matter how I see it, a reviewer/critic who keeps making criticising one particular person extremely harshly their main personality/selling point, and profiting hugely from it, is quite an opportunist and a bully too.
User avatar
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Posts: 801
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:56 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy
Contact:

obvsly wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:01 am But no matter how I see it, a reviewer/critic who keeps making criticising one particular person extremely harshly their main personality/selling point, and profiting hugely from it, is quite an opportunist and a bully too.
The thing is - Gabbie was the one sending her poetry book to that person (Rachel Oates) and she did it while knowing that Rachel didn’t like her first book either. Like, if you’re willing to let critics/reviewers check out your work, you need to be ready to accept that they might not like it and Gabbie clearly struggles with that concept.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
User avatar
obvsly
truth bomb
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

glitterintheair wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:11 am The thing is - Gabbie was the one sending her poetry book to that person (Rachel Oates) and she did it while knowing that Rachel didn’t like her first book either. Like, if you’re willing to let critics/reviewers check out your work, you need to be ready to accept that they might not like it and Gabbie clearly struggles with that concept.
Of course! There's no denying that. Gabbie was clearly expecting some kind of reactions. She's most definitely the "any publicity is good publicity" type. But I mean the way Oates has been treating Gabbie Hanna as a subject since after the first book. A critic/reviewer can hate the book for whatever reason, left a review to explain, and move on. I wouldn't call doing 6 hugely popular videos (i just made up the number lol but it feels like a lot, i cba to check the exact amount) about and publishing (and profiting from) a book written especially to parody one particular writer a normal critic behaviour? And having that book written from a dog's perspective? How much does a person have to take these repeat bashings from writing a bad book?
Image
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

obvsly wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:08 pm
glitterintheair wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:11 am The thing is - Gabbie was the one sending her poetry book to that person (Rachel Oates) and she did it while knowing that Rachel didn’t like her first book either. Like, if you’re willing to let critics/reviewers check out your work, you need to be ready to accept that they might not like it and Gabbie clearly struggles with that concept.
Of course! There's no denying that. Gabbie was clearly expecting some kind of reactions. She's most definitely the "any publicity is good publicity" type. But I mean the way Oates has been treating Gabbie Hanna as a subject since after the first book. A critic/reviewer can hate the book for whatever reason, left a review to explain, and move on. I wouldn't call doing 6 hugely popular videos (i just made up the number lol but it feels like a lot, i cba to check the exact amount) about and publishing (and profiting from) a book written especially to parody one particular writer a normal critic behaviour? And having that book written from a dog's perspective? How much does a person have to take these repeat bashings from writing a bad book?
This is a response Rachel Oates left on some drama video recently:
Image
(not my screenshot, it's from discord)

I've never watched any of her review videos, but it sounds like they were fairly constructive? And if it's true she hadn't even mentioned her or anything in months, then Gabbie waking up one day and deciding to rant about her/call her a bitch and abuser over and over again seems a little........ yikes. Like she could easily go find a ton of way worse reviews of her work on Goodreads or her own comment sections lol. To go so hard after a (from what it sounds like) fairly polite poetry reviewer is just bizarre.

Full disclosure I read both of her books for the lols, and they were Not Good. Some of the more personal essays were fine, and some of the poems were.. fun? But mostly they were shitty recycled tweets and just trash. And I mean, who doesn't love reading some fun trash once in a while, it can't be fucking Whitman 24/7, but her wringing her hands over her own perceived talent and demanding everybody agree with her brilliance sort of deflates when you actually read what she wrote. At the end of the day, they're just more low effort YouTuber books. And there's nothing really wrong with that either until you remember she was pushing 3 different versions and encouraging her viewers to buy all 3 (plus promising pre-order "perks" and never actually delivering them, etc).

She still hasn't acknowledged anything that happened the past week (all of which was her own doing), I wonder if she'll just add 5 more parts to her ~series about how she's actually the victim here.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
dontpanic
truth bomb
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 am
Location: I've never seen the snow

I watched Rachel's review when it first came out and it's, like, a well thought out critique not a hit piece or anything. sure it's not sugar-coated like it would be in a poetry workshop, but it shouldn't need to be when this is something the author believes in enough to professionally publish for profit. Oates never attacked hanna personally, in fact it's gabbie who's called her a b*tch
multiple times, not Rachel.

For what it's worth, I was EiC of my uni lit magazine so it's not like I'm in the industry or anything, but nothing Rachel expressed would've been inappropriate when we were discussing which entries to accept
User avatar
obvsly
truth bomb
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

@dontpanic and @fancybum, thank you so much for the info! Glad I can look at this in a new way now because I really hate to see people being mean to other people just for fame, monetary gain, or--the worst-- for fun (which I know Gabbie herself is guilty of in numerous situations.) The parody book by the dog still doesn't sit quite right with me. It feels like a step too far and I'm not sure the charity factor is supposed to make it all okay? But as someone who's not even a casual viewer of both of them, i'm gonna bow out until the next drama, i guess. ;)
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

I haven't been watching any of her videos, but the fallout that occurs when she posts every single day is A LOT to keep up with....
Image

Some highlights (??) of the week:
This one is just very funny because she's literally lost her entire mind JUST BECAUSE of people talking shit about her on the internet. Her boyfriend dumped her (for, I assume, being fucking insane) and it's honestly upsetting at this point? Like she's doing all of this for... what...? FOR WHAT. Imagine making it your quest in life to force the world to like you, while at the same time admitting to being a raging bitch in almost all encounters with people. But hey, it's all ADHD's fault, no personal responsibility needed. Mental illness makes you a terrible person seems to be the narrative she wants to push, which is super helpful for us all. Very nice and good.

And her culty way of speaking to her fans is creepy as fuck. For real though, she's got 2 cats and a mansion, what more do you need in life?? Let people be dicks on the internet about your confirmed shitty behaviour and just enjoy being rich? Is that really so fucking hard?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 6666
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

I had a blast last night listening to Emily D Baker talk about Gabbie in her members only live. Also the sheer number of people coming out of the woodwork to point out that ADHD doesn't make you behave the way Gabbie is trying to describe... I haven't watched Gabbie in literally years but I'm re-invested for this mass callout.
User avatar
obvsly
truth bomb
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

I watched the whole of Joey Graceffa's and Daniel Preda's hour-long video (each) last night and man... I've never watched them before but they talk so well. They're so articulate and providing receipts every step of the way. I can't see how Gabbie could twist it her way now.

It's really entertaining though. From what I've seen, Gabbie doesn't even have a leg to stand on this. So she keeps shouting Yes I know i was a bitch and difficult and I lied and I fucked up I'm admitting this but THEY GANGED UP ON ME.

Um... maybe because you lied and were a bitch to everyone? Perhaps? lol
Image
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:35 pm I had a blast last night listening to Emily D Baker talk about Gabbie in her members only live. Also the sheer number of people coming out of the woodwork to point out that ADHD doesn't make you behave the way Gabbie is trying to describe... I haven't watched Gabbie in literally years but I'm re-invested for this mass callout.
Ooh I've never heard of this person, but she's a lawyer? Please tell me she was just making fun of Gabbie's completely insane legal threats against Jessi (or any other number of people) lol. Any tea? And yeah I haven't watched anything since her first vid with Trisha (which just gave me a headache like 10 mins in and I had to tap out; it was two people who make no sense to begin with arguing about subjective shit), but apparently throughout the videos she's blamed her losing an alleged record deal on Trisha, Jessi, drama channels, and at one point on herself for not wanting to do pop music (??). Like on one hand this is very entertaining because I'm bored af, but on the other hand I'm worried for her brain (and also the sheer amount of people she's straight up harassing and like re-traumatizing for... no rational reason).
obvsly wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:25 pm I watched the whole of Joey Graceffa's and Daniel Preda's hour-long video (each) last night and man... I've never watched them before but they talk so well. They're so articulate and providing receipts every step of the way. I can't see how Gabbie could twist it her way now.

It's really entertaining though. From what I've seen, Gabbie doesn't even have a leg to stand on this. So she keeps shouting Yes I know i was a bitch and difficult and I lied and I fucked up I'm admitting this but THEY GANGED UP ON ME.

Um... maybe because you lied and were a bitch to everyone? Perhaps? lol
Right?! What did she gain by bringing this up now? I truly can't grasp what she even wants to be apologized to for, everything that was wrong (in her eyes) on that set was because of her own actions (missing fittings, not filling out the required forms, being a nightmare person). She's just mad that her terrible behaviour was gossiped about between other people on the set. Like she genuinely thinks people shouldn't be allowed to speak about her (even if what they're saying is 100% truth). She's scary. She wanted Jessi to sign an NDA so she couldn't talk about her, but Gabbie herself would retain the right to talk about Jessi. The deranged entitlement is so strong and worrying.

edit: Oh and I also find it very funny how many other cast members of Escape the Night (including Tyler Oakley and Tana lmao) liked Rosanna Pansino's tweet calling bullshit on Gabbie. Like when you piss off a (I think?) drama-free internet baker, it's time to shh and think about your life choices for a while.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 6666
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:39 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:35 pm I had a blast last night listening to Emily D Baker talk about Gabbie in her members only live. Also the sheer number of people coming out of the woodwork to point out that ADHD doesn't make you behave the way Gabbie is trying to describe... I haven't watched Gabbie in literally years but I'm re-invested for this mass callout.
Ooh I've never heard of this person, but she's a lawyer? Please tell me she was just making fun of Gabbie's completely insane legal threats against Jessi (or any other number of people) lol. Any tea? And yeah I haven't watched anything since her first vid with Trisha (which just gave me a headache like 10 mins in and I had to tap out; it was two people who make no sense to begin with arguing about subjective shit), but apparently throughout the videos she's blamed her losing an alleged record deal on Trisha, Jessi, drama channels, and at one point on herself for not wanting to do pop music (??). Like on one hand this is very entertaining because I'm bored af, but on the other hand I'm worried for her brain (and also the sheer amount of people she's straight up harassing and like re-traumatizing for... no rational reason)
Her opinion was basically that it's bs and pointless that Gabbie keeps trying to act like she's going to re-litigate against Jessi. She said if anything concrete comes out of it she'll definitely cover it. If you like watching a sassy lawyer who really knows her shit, definitely check out her channel!! She loves to cover youtube tea.
Levitating
rainbow nerd
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:00 am

I watched Joey's video because I used to follow him back in the day and he never looked particularly toxic to me - just lost, perhaps, hard-working and good overall. What he says seems reasonable.
Then I watched Daniel and, ugh, I don't know him much other than he was Joey's boyfriend, but he looked so fake to me, so double-face as Gabbie says. He was not just professional: he was professional (he did not let her get to him) but also so fake (mentioning, between the messages, things you would say to a friend, not to a colleague). He gave me the creeps.

And no matter how manipulative Gabbie is, we can all agree that she does have mental ill problems, that an ED is extremely serious and delicate to threat and survive through. It is a mental state where if you don't eat o do eat certain things, your entire world crumbles and you feel you are the monster Gabbie sings in her song. Daniel saying "yet she ate the rubbish food and only one of the salads I went out of my way to buy her" is so ignorant and cruel because he is talking about someone with a ED as severe as Gabbie's.

I also tried to watch Gabbie's video but, being so ill, she is so toxic I couldn't listen to it all.

Certainly, because of her mental illness, she was not supposed to work in ETN4; if mental health was taken more serious, a doctor would have told her not to, specially not in the middle of that ED.
Perhaps she accepted it because of how greedy she is for money; perhaps it is because her manager convinced her; perhaps she wanted an opportunity to re-launch her image and misjudge her ability to handle the work.

She's stuck in an awful place, but I don't think she wants to hurt people. Or is she paying/investing in racist/homophobic/misogynist products/classist services?
And because she is not a Trump supporters kind of person (I think; please correct me), then I think people should not accept her behaviour, yes, but also recognise that she is stuck here.

Daniel is the one who caused this, it appears to me, because he mentioned her, and thus Gabbie "had" to defend herself.
User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 6666
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Emily D Baker did briefly talk about the Gabbie/Jessi legal situation in her public livestream Saturday night - not as fun as her deep dives but still interesting to listen to.


Around 1:38:06 if the video doesn't jump to the right place.
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

So yeah Gabbie Hanna is a rape apologist and overall trash fire, as if anybody needed more proof:


This was an infuriating watch and I'm also nervous about what Baggie's doing since she paused her daily posting of her series after dropping her last Jessi vid, so like was she waiting for Jessi to respond before starting back up again, or has she started to realize how none of this is doing anybody any favours?

Jessi included clips of Bag's vid in hers and can we just take a minute to absorb this quote from it:

(around 1:15:20) Gabbie: “Dude, I’ve been living in constant fear that a lie that I don’t even know I’m telling is gonna catch up with me because I don’t fucking remember it. Because I do impulsive shit and then I forget about it. I have memory issues, dude.”

And there's a disclaimer on the screen after she says it that reads:
THIS IS *NOT* MAKING AN EXCUSE.
I CANNOT TAKE OWNERSHIP OF SOMETHING THAT I DO NOT REMEMBER AND IS NOT COMMUNICATED TO ME.


Can I not read, or do those 2 statements cancel each other out????? What???? It's not an excuse, but here's why she's not at fault (or able to "take ownership") for anything? Can I read??

Jessi's response to that:
What you’re basically saying is that you’re so impulsive, and you’ve done so much shit to hurt people over the years, that you can’t even keep track of it. And quite frankly, that’s something you need to get help for. I’m not shaming your mental health at all, I’m just saying that is a scary situation. And it means that you’ve treated a lot of people in ways that you can’t even keep track of at this point, because it’s been so many, because you’re so impulsive. That’s not an excuse. Stop hurting people, and you don’t have to keep track of anything.
And basically the wrap-up to the video:
1:17:40
I am done with this person. I think she is a danger on this platform. Not just to the people she terrorizes when they’re having mental breakdowns, but to her fans and her followers who every day are sent marching in a different direction to defend her because she’d rather create this spectacle of a series and pretend that she’s never ever spoken up about anything than just say, ‘I fucked up here, period.’

If you want to take accountability, just do it, but stop trying to paint yourself as someone who does no wrong and gets called out for nothing, and you’re just being attacked, and you’re just being hurt. You hurt people, Gabbie. You hurt people constantly. And mark my words, you will continue to hurt people. Once this series is over, six months, a year from now, when your music needs promoting, you are going to attack someone else like Rachel Oates, or Oscar Wylde, or Dominic DeAngelis. You are going to worry your followers on TikTok by doing dances and saying things that concern them. You are going to do that. Because that’s you. That’s nobody else but you. Those are things that you’re doing. You feel like your life is just drama and things you have to address, but you refuse to hold up the mirror in front of your face and see how you got there. The part that you played in almost every situation. Is there situations where people are wronged for no reason, and that you might have been wronged for no reason? Yeah. But a lot of them, that’s not the case. You’ve had a huge part to play in almost every situation that you’ve been called out for.

Again, I was bullied off of Vine, the only platform I knew, and I left in silence because that’s what I wanted to do, and I wanted to do it with dignity. For you to say that this series is you leaving YouTube because you’ve basically been bullied off of YouTube, but then to bring everyone down with you… Do you not think I could have been on Vine every day of my life [arguing with people leaving hate comments]? Gabbie, why the fuck would I spend time trying to convince people who think I’m a horrible person over something I know—I know—happened? Why would I spend a breath on those people? For what? I left for myself. If you want to leave YouTube, there’s the door. But stop trying to bring everyone into the shit that you caused.
It's a long watch, but Jesus.
Levitating wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:28 pm She's stuck in an awful place, but I don't think she wants to hurt people. Or is she paying/investing in racist/homophobic/misogynist products/classist services?
And because she is not a Trump supporters kind of person (I think; please correct me), then I think people should not accept her behaviour, yes, but also recognise that she is stuck here.

Daniel is the one who caused this, it appears to me, because he mentioned her, and thus Gabbie "had" to defend herself.
I disagree, I fully think she wants to hurt people. And I don't care if it's "because" of a mental illness, that's not an excuse to treat people like trash. It's not Joey's or Daniel's job to manage her eating disorder, it's her job. And especially in this case where even though it's not their job, they still went out of their way to attempt to accommodate her (despite her not making any effort to accommodate them in attempting to accommodate her--like, fill out necessary paperwork when needed if what the paperwork concerns is that big of an issue to you). Or straight up just don't take the job. "Okay, I'll take the job but I'll treat you all like garbage if anything inconveniences me even slightly" is not how to exist in the world. We all have bad days, we can all be bitches, but there are limits to what you can blame on other people, or even reasonably expect from them. But whatever, fine, if that's how you choose to exist in the world every single day, then you can't be upset that other people think that's fucked up and go on to tell other people about it, or hold it against you for as long as they want. And when it comes to this chick, like maybe this one isolated incident could have been forgiven/moved on from if she, you know, actually gave a shit about anybody but herself. But this isn't an isolated incident, and it seems like in 99% of incidents involving her, she's the problem. But she refuses to "take ownership" of that because hey, she's got memory issues, dude, and everybody else is out to get her, because she's somehow exclusively surrounded by "narcissistic abusers". That's a wild coincidence.

Also she's a misogynist and she invests in herself, so there's that.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 6666
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

loml Emily D Baker spent about twenty minutes talking about Gabbie and Jessi today -


1:07:15 for the timestamp - she also segments her videos so you can just look at the section headers.
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:10 am loml Emily D Baker spent about twenty minutes talking about Gabbie and Jessi today -


1:07:15 for the timestamp - she also segments her videos so you can just look at the section headers.
She seems chill, I like her! And I especially liked her saying “everyone in this situation is not a narcissist. It feels to me that the person that is throwing the insults is the one that’s causing the problems” because yeahhh. There's a good quote from Justified that Baggie should maybe think about: You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

Honestly I wish somebody would call her bluff and just get some legal shit going to show her how very wrong she is, but there's the whole 'waste of time and money and like, enduring mental and emotional torture' aspect, so..

People leaked more of her Patreon posts this week, and it kind of sounds like she hasn't abandoned the series? Even though she's gone quiet for weeks?
July 15th:
[...]
i’m an artist,
too much time has been taken from my art.
tonight I’m making art.

the series is art.

i’m finding my people.

i feel better now.

sorry i’m late. i lost all concept of time.

July 16th:
my ability
to underestimate how long it will take me to do
something never ceases to amaze me.

my greatest talent, truly.

and one from today which is just.....
i am so fucking mentally ill

i know that.

i know you all know that.

just feeling it a lot lately.

i think its being mentally ill and being a full fledged adult.

being mentally ill and twenty-something was different.

the chaos was welcomed.

being mentally ill and thirty feels heavier.

i feel like I’m just really waking up.

if i could do my whole life differently, I would.

that’s not a great feeling.

the upside is, i have a lot of life left and set myself up in a way that I can just start over.

there’s a big change coming. im not sure what it is yet.

that’s scary, too.

[starts talking about how her cat won’t eat and she “can’t play this game with him for the next 18-20 years so I hope I figure it out soon” and anyway I wish her ex-boyfriend took the cats because he’s probably familiar with the concept of a VETERINARIAN]
???
Imagine actually paying somebody to complain at you about how bad they're fucking up their own life. Actually it's even worse than that, she did a livestream for Patrons and basically (while crying) said she's not comfortable posting to Patreon since she knows it all gets leaked and she's going to transition her exclusive stuff to OnlyFans. Which she's charging $25 monthly for. Starting around 8:40 in the video, she's telling her paying Patrons how shitty Patreon is lmao, and how much better OF is. Imagine paying for this. There aren't enough yikes.

it's like maybe 15 mins of actual talking, then just a shitty painting livestream, so don't waste your time
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

oops I'm sorry for the double post, but I forgot I wanted to add this video to slightly balance out my incessant bitching:


:lol:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

k update time:

July 26 posted suicidal sounding shit(ty poetry) on Patreon (starting with “struggling to find a reason to be alive, today” and how family/friends wouldn’t miss her much).

Posts this after a wellness check is called on her: She's so quirky you guys.

Then says on Patreon “the sad reality is it was probably a troll fucking with me over a person genuinely concerned” which is a weird fucking take as I think even people who think she’s trash are worried about her questionable mental state but ok. And yet again weirdly accusatory to people paying her to listen to her shit (the majority of whom must be actual fans-for some reason-who she genuinely worried).

Ends that post with: “thankfully, i have art to help me express [some dark shit] in a way that keeps me from doing the things i write about” which I find icky in the context of everything she's been up to lately ("keep paying me to express myself behind this paywall so I don't off myself") but maybe that's nitpicking just because I think she's a terrible person. Usually I'm all for expressing and being open about dark thoughts etc buuuut idk, I think there's nuance in how to go about it and I just think she has manipulative intentions in most of what she does. But idk!

July 28-31 posted another 2 Jessi videos where she straight up blames Jessi for “ruining her life and career” lmaoo, god I wish somebody would sue herrrr. Also has now changed the narrative to her and Jessi “barely knew each other”. Yet again calls her her “abuser” (for… subtweeting and using her name in a thumbnail once I guess). I just think if you're constantly bringing up someone else's SA (whether you knew them well or not) after they beg you to stop doing that, and confidently say to the world that "[SA perpetrator] is a human being who deserves to have his side heard" while in the same breath calling the survivor an ABUSER is fucking backwards BUT THAT'S JUST ME. Also Baggie keeps bringing up how it was so difficult for her during that time because, since she "chose" Jessi, she couldn't have any other Vine friends (because they were all disgusting rape apologists, big fucking loss). The self-centredness is off the charts.
Image
I just truly don't get what she thinks makes her a victim in any of this to this degree? I also don't believe she spoke about this in a way that was based in reality with any therapist or abuse counselor (as she's admitted to lying to her therapist in the past but anyway..).

Also still very obsessed with claiming to have been “silenced” even though she has never once shut the fuck up about anything. Also thinks "this other person did the same thing as me or something worse and isn't getting as much hate as I am" is some kind of valid defense of her actions. It couldn't possibly be that she's a very unlikeable person who doubles down on being an asshole, whereas other people have actually taken accountability and/or grown the fuck up.. :shrug:
Sigh. And apparently she will continue with more videos of her "series" sometime next week, so.. cool.
Image
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
fancybum
senpai
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

fancybum wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:49 am Sigh. And apparently she will continue with more videos of her "series" sometime next week, so.. cool.
Well that was a lie.

So Tana had Trisha on her podcast last month and they discussed baggie a bit starting around 25:00.
Tana: “A couple weeks ago I got a call from [redacted drama channel?] that Gabbie Hanna was trying to sell to them that this YouTuber hooked up with me when I was underage”
“I liked a Joey Graceffa tweet [about the Escape the Night drama], and then I get this call”
The insinuation being that Gabbie tried to sell a story about Tana as revenge for… her liking a tweet. Gabbie needs to get a fucking grip I stg and stop trying to cash in on other people’s trauma out of what, spite? Unhinged.

On August 6 she did a livestream and ended it by calling 911:

Image

Then she admitted on some podcast she went on a few weeks later that she was just high and paranoid:
“So I’m a pretty paranoid person. I do get a lot of threats and stuff, but in general, I’m a pretty anxious person, I’ve always been a very anxious person. And I live in a house by myself. So… It sounds so fucking stupid, but I want to make this clear before I get into this: I’m not saying that the devil was knocking on my door. I thought that somebody was fucking with me. So I do get, pretty daily, a lot of death threats and shit to my actual address, like people know where I live. So I was livestreaming, and as the stream kept hitting 666 viewers, I was getting calls from a blocked number, and it was really freaking me out ‘cause I thought somebody was watching my stream waiting for it to hit 666 and then calling me from Blocked. So then that happened twice in a row, and then I was staring at the door, because I heard somebody at the door and then convinced myself somebody was there—I was also high. I was very high.”
“So yeah, I got really scared. I called 911. I’ve had people try to break in before. And like, dude, I’m a buck-thirty, I’m 5’5, I live in a house by myself, and I got scared. So I ended the stream, I called 911. And people were saying that I did it for attention, that I faked it for pity, but like, that’s actually the reality of my life: I’m scared a lot of the time because people put this target on my back and made me the next Onision. It’s honestly fucking insane.”
It sure is..

Excerpts from an August 25 post on Patreon where she recommends people medicate their mental illness “if it’s been suggested by a trusted therapist”:
that was my wake up call. i thought by not treating my ADHD i was just hurting me. i was just wasting MY time.

but i’m also a danger to fucking society. i have been in SO. MANY. CAR. ACCIDENTS. SO. MANY. because i am not able to FOCUS ON THE FUCKING ROAD.
[…]
i walk away while you’re talking to me because i forgot you were talking to me. i can’t listen to your story because it’s longer than my attention span. i talk over you and cut you off. i have mood swings that i can’t predict or explain. i feel guilty about that all day long. i leave food on the stove. i waste so much time walking around aimlessly.

i stunted my own career because i LACK FOCUS. i get easily distracted from my goals and hyper fixate on negative criticism. this is a frustration and let down to my entire team. my producers. my fans. myself.

that’s the reality of ADHD. at least mine and many others’. it’s a fucking self-loathing nightmare that leaks out of you and seeps its way into the lives of your loved ones. so i PERSONALLY FEEL that if there’s something that might alleviate those symptoms for you AND your loved ones, you’re kind of a dick not to at least try. NO OFFENSE, DON’T FUCKING CANCEL ME, IT’S JUST MY FUCKING OPINION.
Ok and finally I hate myself so I listened to the 2 dudebro podcasts she went on recently and uh yeah it was awful. Just gross dudes sucking up to her while she laughs her horrible laugh and continues to present herself as some misunderstood ~artist who just wants peace bro. She’s also started using being super high as her go-to excuse/explanation for her behaviour (along with the ADHD and ‘memory issues’).

Aug 25 - Half Baked Podcast (I don’t know who any of these people are but I hate them):
(about 911 call) 7:30 “So I’m a pretty paranoid person. I do get a lot of threats and stuff, but in general, I’m a pretty anxious person, I’ve always been a very anxious person. And I live in a house by myself. So… It sounds so fucking stupid, but I want to make this clear before I get into this: I’m not saying that the devil was knocking on my door. I thought that somebody was fucking with me. So I do get, pretty daily, a lot of death threats and shit to my actual address, like people know where I live. So I was livestreaming, and as the stream kept hitting 666 viewers, I was getting calls from a blocked number, and it was really freaking me out ‘cause I thought somebody was watching my stream waiting for it to hit 666 and then calling me from Blocked. So then that happened twice in a row, and then I was staring at the door, because I heard somebody at the door and then convinced myself somebody was there—I was also high. I was very high.
8:50 “So yeah, I got really scared. I called 911. I’ve had people try to break in before. And like, dude, I’m a buck-thirty, I’m 5’5, I live in a house by myself, and I got scared. So I ended the stream, I called 911. And people were saying that I did it for attention, that I faked it for pity, but like, that’s actually the reality of my life: I’m scared a lot of the time because people put this target on my back and made me the next Onision. It’s honestly fucking insane.”

17:00 “I don’t know if you know about April, but I really fucking lost my shit for a sec. I just like popped off on Twitter, I got really wound up—and I was really high—and I started popping off on people on Twitter. And it was just a lot, and it was very intense, but dude, I hit a fucking breaking point.”

20:40 “Back in April whenever I was popping off on people, who were attacking me first—and then when I respond, I’m ‘sending hate’, I’m ‘punching down’. Am I punching down? Because when you talk about me, you get 3 million fucking views; when I talk about your irrelevant fucking ass, I get 100,000 because nobody knows who the fuck you are. But I’m punching down? Okay, so I’m ‘irrelevant and only doing this ‘cause my views are slipping’—if you check my recent videos, all these ‘drama’ videos I’m putting out, they all have a few hundred thousand views. I put out one fucking video of a music video, like fucking around doing music, and it has 800,000 because people don’t fucking care about my drama, they care about my fucking art and music. They don’t care about YOU, they care about ME, it’s so fucking annoying dude. I hate these people so much.”

22:55 “I put this love and heart and energy into this cover song, and it has 60,000 fucking dislikes on it? Dude, I just want to enjoy my fucking life. Like I’m over here trying to mind my own business, make my own shit, I don’t make fucking YouTube content, I’m not a fucking YouTuber, just leave me the fuck alone.”

23:40 “Dude, can I say something fucking hilarious though? On the 3-hour phone call, Jessi read the definition of rape apologist to me, and it’s an Urban Dictionary, dude. There’s not even— there’s no real definition for it because that’s not a real fucking word. Like you’re fucking citing Urban fucking Dictionary?”

Gross Dude: It’s a buzzword, yeah, it’s a thing tea channels make up.

Gabbie: Yeah, dude. And like, I understand, like, there are situations where rape apology is a thing. Say your friend raped somebody, and you’re like, ‘ok well you shouldn’t have been wearing that skirt. You shouldn’t have been that drunk [etc]’, that’s a rape apologist. Me listening to somebody who literally was not convicted at the time, asking me ‘can I tell you my side of the story’, that does not make me a rape apologist. That makes me a human fucking being.”


(Discussing the Gabbie/Jessi history and how their friendship started with Gabbie apologizing to her)
28:35 “But Jessi never has to apologize to me. That’s kind of the foundation of my whole life—I have to apologize to everybody, but I will never get an apology from anybody.”
29:55 “And here we are in 2021, this fucking psychopath literally still can’t let it go and it’s the same exact situation where it’s like, I’ve tried to ignore you, I’ve tried to be cool with you. But of course it’s petty. That’s why it should’ve never been public, and like the fact that she’s even talking about fucking 7-year old drama or however many years it is at this point, like do you have a life? Do you have literally anything else fucking going on that you’re so obsessed, and like, I’m not even thinking about her at this point. She’s so far removed from my brain”
-Jessi's not the one doing the rounds on incel podcasts announcing to the world how unbothered she is... so....

39:45 “People really think that I don’t self-reflect, people really think that I’m this narcissist who believes I can do no wrong; all I do all day every day is sit around and beat myself up for all the things that I possibly have done wrong to people. Especially when I was losing all of these fucking friends, and all of this drama and all this chaos is happening, I was in therapy every single week going, ‘I don’t understand. Like I’m looking around, I get it, I’m the common denominator, I’m the X factor, I know I’m the problem, but I don’t understand. Can you please help me understand?’ And like two different therapists are like, ‘Dude, I don’t get it’.”
-maybe a third therapist would've been the charm

(Discussing Trish)
52:00 ‘So then I continued this casual texting friendship with this girl, then we weren’t friends, and that was fine, and I didn’t really care that much. But then it just turned into this thing where she was like constantly trying to ruin my life, and then saying that we never met, and that we were never friends and we never interacted and she doesn’t know me. It’s like, what is the point of this? What are you doing?”
-didn't bother bringing up the whole 'Gabbie told Trish's boyfriend a herpes rumour' until asked by the hosts, and then pretends she wasn't the one who made it public first. truly listening to Gabbie speak for too long makes you feel like you're losing your mind

55:55 asks about her series, if more episodes will be coming
56:10 “Dude, I honestly don’t know because, to be honest, I’m so fucking depressed right now. It is so hard to do anything. It’s very hard to like look into this bullshit when, like—I didn’t make this series as a redemption arc. I thought I made that clear, but everyone says like 'oh she’s failing’—whatever. But still to put stuff out that’s like hard evidence and hard facts, and just trying to express myself, I feel like nobody’s consuming it the way I want them to consume it, like nobody’s watching it in context, nobody’s watching it in its entirety. And it just sucks to put so much energy into something to just be called like, a monster and shit, so I don’t know. I’m kind of in a place where I’m trying to figure out where I should be putting my time and energy, but also fully aware that as long as it’s not out, it’s gonna be a question in my mind of like, ‘should I just finish it?’, so I really need to find the energy to—‘cause every fucking day there’s something new [that has to be added to an episode].”

57:20 “It’s just a lot of work and I’m over it, I don’t wanna do it. But I kinda feel like I have to, but also like what’s the point, nobody cares. I don’t know.”

59:55 “You know what’s so crazy? Deadass. Is these people— it’s gone so far that they can’t possibly back down. Because if they were to back down and say ‘oh shit this is fucked up’, then they would have to admit what they did, which was literally fucking beat down and manipulate and exploit somebody who’s very openly extremely mentally ill. And that’s the thing that really upsets me about a lot of this, is like ‘Gabbie’s not self-aware, Gabbie thinks she can do no wrong’—if you actually go and watch my channel, which used to be very heavily mental health based, I talk so much about how I used to be really toxic, I had really bad anger issues, and I had to work through a lot of childhood abuse to get to where I am, and trying to acknowledge the fact that I wasn’t a perfect person, and that I have a lot of emotional issues still but that’s okay, because you have to like work through it, and that’s the—whatever."
Aug 26 - Keemstar podcast with some other guy I don't know but they sound equally disgusting.
4:18 “here’s my thing with my drama: I’m always in it which is so fucking annoying, and I never want to be a part of it. People won’t leave me the fuck alone. And I try so hard not to engage.”
7:35 “I don’t want fucking attention. I want peace.”

19:51 (about Ethan/Trisha/Frenemies podcast): "If you’re not going to let me come and defend myself on the platform that you fucking slandered me on—like they pushed me to a mental breakdown and then joked about giving me an award for a mental breakdown.”

26:00 Keem: "you’re actually a fucking artist."
Gabbie: "Thank you! I try to tell people all the time and they’re like, ‘if you were a real artist, you wouldn’t have to remind people.” I’m like, ‘well sometimes you have to fucking do that, I guess’.
Dude, I don’t care about youtube, like I’m not trying to be a youtuber, I don’t care about youtube drama, I’m just trying to do my art and shit, and nobody will let me like live."

????? idiot.

34:45 “But what’s frustrating is nobody’s actually listening to me. I make this video where I’m basically saying I was a terrible person on [the Escape the Night] set, I feel so bad about it, I was such a bitch, I was such a nightmare, and that’s why I apologized multiple times. They accept my apology. However, I think now that we’re in the past, and they were my friend, I think it’s fucked up that they continue to threaten me and continue to post videos and talk shit about me. Can we take a moment to acknowledge that maybe this is also toxic? [My video] has what, 400,000 views on it? They put out videos where they’re like ‘she’s a liar, she was such a nightmare on set, she was such a bitch, here’s all the ways she’s a bitch’ and it’s like, I already said I was a bitch! And then those videos have 4 million views. So it’s like now everybody thinks I’m this toxic liar who can’t take accountability, when I feel like I’m the only person who actually—“

41:00 (about Rachel Oates) “Everyone’s allowed to call me a bitch—if I say the word ‘bitch’ I’m like, a misogynist. Okay, so everyone’s allowed to call me a bitch, and a stalker, and a psychopath and like all this shit. But if I’m like—if I call a bitch a bitch, like ‘you’re a bitch’, I’m a terrible person?”
Gross Dude: “in 2021, these mental gymnastics and people fucking hang onto words so heavy”
Gabbie: "Dude, get the fuck out of your own cunt if you care that much about semantics. Get off the internet. For real. Everybody tells me ‘you’re so sensitive get off the internet’, but if I respond to anybody who’s literally been lying about me for 2 years, then I’m—?”

46:55 Gross Guy: “Do you know what really bothers me? The people that attack you—mostly female audience—they’re the most SJW/woke/‘mental health, don’t bully people’ and they’re such hypocrites to you. They treat you so evil.”

Gabbie: “They’re like ‘mental health! We care!’ And it’s like, ‘ok, I’m telling you right now that I have like a lot of shit fucked up with me, I’m just like trying my best.’ I’ve literally never not apologized when I do something wrong. In private and publicly. If I lie, it’s on accident because I also have memory issues.
I’m telling you right now, I have mental health issues, I’m telling you that I’m suicidal, and you’re still gonna every day bully me, pile on, lie, and then you’re gonna get on your platform and be like, ‘mental health matters, don’t bully me’. Fucking crazy.”

(discussing Jessi)
48:15 “I literally had a tea channel—I should expose that fucking message—I had a tea channel tell me, ‘I never looked into it because I didn’t want to argue with a rape victim/I didn’t want to go against a rape victim’. So it’s because this person attached me, wrongfully, to something that has nothing to fucking do with me. Now you can’t argue with her, ‘cause she’s a victim and she’s directly talking about rape. So it’s, if you defend me in any way, you don’t believe a victim. And it’s like, listen, you can be a victim of rape, that doesn’t make you a victim to everybody you hate. You’re not a fucking victim of me, I didn’t do shit to you. Just so fucking annoying. And eventually people will wake up to that, but like, it’s just gonna take some time.”

Complaining about Jessi and guy says “Why don’t you just tap out?” 49:25

49:50 “Because of the shit [Jessi’s] doing, now these tea channels can literally make up any story they want, so now they’re making up stories about I’m disrespecting a murder victim—lost a record deal, lost a brand deal, lost a 20 million views podcast, all of these situations, I lost huge collaborations with major artists. So I tried not to respond and it got to a point where it’s like, ‘do I have to give up all of my dreams and everything I’ve ever worked for?’ Which is kind of where I’m at now."

Last few minutes of the podcast they’re gassing her up for not talking to tea channels about David Dobrik and Shane Dawson when they’ve asked her to. Guy says ‘that says so much about you Gabbie Hanna’ like it’s a compliment.

It really does say so much about her that she prioritizes protecting rich successful men who don’t give a fuck about her (and who have objectively done much worse than *checks notes* publicly dislike her poetry), but will go after any woman who so much as looks at her sideways. It says so much about her that she chooses to exclusively go on gross-men-only podcasts with hosts that hold disgusting views on women (that she clearly shares) and laugh about 'SJW's.

Apparently her and Keemstar are like best friends now and talk all the time. What a great look, what lovely company she's choosing to surround herself with these days and to expose her audience to.

They also spent a lot of time shit-talking Ethan Klein (I guess he and Keemstar have some kind of beef idk) and calling him a clout-chaser desperate for views etc. Does Gabbie call him a narcissistic abuser, or bitch, or anything? Nah, she'd love to be on his podcast and have a productive chat about mental health because she's such a fucking expert.
Image

Image

Image
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
User avatar
dontpanic
truth bomb
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 am
Location: I've never seen the snow

Thank you fancybum for summarizing! she does, just, so much I don't have time to keep up with her mess but at the same time I'm so nosy I need periodic updates to see where she's at, I'm still holding out hope she'll become more self-aware of, like, everything and change for the better... still waiting tho.

it's so hard not to armchair diagnose her, every time she does something new I have to physically hold myself back. regardless, I'm very pro-weed but if she reacts so strongly to it I hope she'll at least consider changing something, anything so that she stops impulsively blowing up the remains of her career. Like, try a new strain of weed at least. try indica instead. switch to cbd since she seemingly has such a low tolerance for it.
Post Reply