Gabbie Hanna

obvsly
#relatable
Pronouns: she/her

wow... @fancybum thank you!!! You're amazing. Your labour of ..um love? is very much appreciated.

*sighs* I wish she had a live-in assistant (reads minder), at least to monitor her well-being. She's so self-destructive in so many ways.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

I don't really follow this story much, but I'm interested enough that I listened to a Patreon-only episode of the You're Wrong About podcast that was about Gabbie. What I liked about it is that it was from two people like me who are fairly neutral outsiders, inclined to some sympathy toward Gabbie, who are more interested in analyzing the dynamics of how something like this happens and how celebrity works for people who come to fame on platforms like YouTube. One of the threads of the conversation is that maybe the mistake Gabbie has made is engaging with fans to the degree she has; that allowing that sort of accessibility is part of why these various scandals have escalated the way they have. They also are critical of fan behavior, too, and bring in the experiences they've had as hosts of a pretty popular podcast and how fans have negatively impacted them and how part of dealing with that is developing ways to basically ignore fans. Their ultimate conclusion, really, is that people aren't built to exist in this sort of celebrity.

So for those of you who follow Gabbie more than I do, would it be better if Gabbie started not responding to fans and closed that door some?
fancybum
senpai

Well she hasn’t been doing a whole lot the past several months. She did her first live show a while back and hired people to film/edit it so she could put it on YouTube, but then on ig stories a few days later ranted about the people being unprofessional scammers or something. She claimed the footage and/or sound was unusable, and the people lied about their editing skills/experience, it was a whole thing. Leading up to the live show she released some weird podcasts (just 3 of them that are like 10-20mins long and mostly crying-voice self-obsessed rambling from what I remember). Oh, her friendship with Irene ended at some point and now they ignore questions about each other online. (Irene used to be in her older videos and co-hosted Gabbie’s podcast, but then moved on to focus on her own channel/podcast and iirc they initially met because Irene was Megan Batoon’s assistant or something? And now Megan Batoon seems to be Gabbie’s last friend left, somehow).

Anyway, it’s been a while since her meltdown last summer-ish, and she’s been (comparatively) kind of chill, so that’s probably a good sign, right? Maybe she’s done a lot of self-reflecting and growing as a person, even starting to accept responsibility for her past questionable behaviours or something, idk. Hm? Oh, she was recently on a podcast? Cool, which one? Some drama podcast from the founder of Barstool Sports who has SA allegations against him? ….Oh. Why does she only go on grimy men’s podcasts? You know what, whatever, it probably doesn’t mean anything, not one. single. thing.

It’s fine, let’s just see how her growth as a human being has been going:

0:55 Drama does kind of follow you, right?

I just like to hang out with people, make shit, smoke, and listen to music and go to live shows, and that’s pretty much it

So were you a drama queen in your prior life then?

01:25 Um, I don’t know. I guess I’d have to say that drama definitely follows me, which I think that I’m a lightning rod for energy, positive and negative, and where there’s positive there’s gonna be negative, and I had to really learn how to, I guess, cope and understand other people. I realize I don’t understand people and social interactions as well as I thought I did. So yeah, just about growing up, I guess.

01:55 I’ve always been very bad at ignoring drama and I’ve gotten very good at ignoring drama

03:20 (speaking to Portnoy, SA-allegation-haver and founder of Barstool. Sports.) I think that your whole attitude and energy is cool. Dude, I gotta tell you something. You inspired me in a way that I guess could be perceived as negative or positive; I think it was a really good experience for me in terms of like moving on and growth and kind of finding myself and my strength again. The way that you have those champagne bottles with your enemies names on them—that kind of pushed me into my villain era.

Portnoy: it inspired you to hate

Yeah, but it wasn’t for me, though. I realized quickly that it wasn’t for me. It also wasn’t perceived the same on me, I believe, as a woman as it is a man, and that’s honestly just like the truth of it. When a man’s really going after people and shit, people are like ‘fuck yeah that’s hilarious’, but if I’m to do that, it’s like ‘what a bitch, she’s a drama queen’.

Other guy host: so they didn’t like you going after people?

They didn’t like me standing up for myself.

Guy: How were you standing up for yourself?
Lady Host: Against who?

Just kind of like internet tabloids and shit. I got really wrapped up in paying attention to what people were saying, and I think that people who would normally get 10-20K views were all of a sudden hitting 2-3-5-6 million on it with my name. It just became a game to people—well it became a business to people to really just say whatever the fuck they wanted. And then it just got to a point where there was so much of it that I was like, ‘am I just gonna let people keep fucking steamrolling me?’ So I stood up for myself; I kind of knew in my heart that it was gonna be a really traumatic year for me to kind of scatter the roaches and see who’s got my back, who’s really here for me. I need to fucking let people know that I will speak up for myself for the first time because for years [she was told to ignore it], and it’s like ‘damn, how much can I ignore? How long do I have to ignore this before I get to fucking say my piece?’
And I was watching these insanely talented, beautiful, successful women like Britney Spears, Meghan Markle, Bhad Bhabie and I’m sitting here saying I wish all these women would stand up for themselves and speak their fucking mind and talk their shit, and I’m not doing it myself? I need to be who I want to be. Like I can’t inspire women to stand up for themselves if I’m not gonna fucking do it. So I did it and it was dramatic and it was hard, and now I’m a much happier person for it.

07:55 When we start to look at people as headlines then we stop looking at who they are as people, where they came from, what their perspective may be. Everybody needs to realize our brains, our persons, our reality, are literally completely different than every single person on the planet. So you can’t just expect somebody to act the way you are ‘cause they’re not you.

8:45 I was being gaslighted literally publicly for years by so many different people telling me I said or did things or was somebody I wasn’t, so I just needed for myself to literally research my life for the last like 7 years. Make sure I’m not crazy, make sure I knew that these people were lying about the things they said I did or didn’t do or whatever. And then once I did it for myself, I realized that I really didn’t need to make it public, so… I did half of it public (laughs).

9:20 What half did you do public? So basically, this is all Vlog Squad stuff? Is this like Trisha Pastas stuff we’re talking about right now, or no?

Oh, dude, there’s an infinite number of infinitely cooler shit to talk about, and I would love to.

10:05 I want to manifest something right now and I’d like you guys to be a part of it. So I’ve been working on a project for a while, it’s called the Fuck Money Fund, and I really wanna pull the trigger on it and I have this concept that has really kind of pushed me through this last year of wanting to just make a real impact, and make some real change, and get some real money into the hands of the people who deserve it. I feel like the only thing that I have to really offer this world is the skills and gifts that I was given by God, which I believe are design and music and I’m still gonna continue to learn and grow and hopefully work with the right people, but I really wanna collaborate with people on projects where I do not wanna profit a dollar on anybody’s name. So this is out to you guys, this is to anybody who might be listening, if there’s any artists or creators who I can collaborate on a piece with, I will have it sustainably made, I will handle all of that with my design company, I will never profit a penny, we will choose an organization together that the money will go to in perpetuity. So that’s something I’d love to talk about, just kind of the changes that we can actually make in the world. And we can be silly and goofy, too, but I just wanted to make sure that in this hour show that I at least kind of put that out into the universe, that I’d really like to collaborate with people.

11:53 you seem like you’re in change the world mode

Yeah, 100%. Save the world or die trying, dude.

13:00 So when did all of this ‘I’m gonna change the world’ stuff start

When I started YouTube and shit, that was always kind of my mission. I always told myself ‘I gotta get myself good, I gotta get my family good, and then I’m gonna get the world good’. And then I feel like, when I bought my house, that was the thing in my brain that I was like ‘ok once I feel really settled and I know I can pay my mortgage every month’, that was always kinda my benchmark, and then I felt like as soon as I got into my house, that’s when things started getting really chaotic, and I think a lot of that had to do with my own anxious energy of fearing losing it, or feeling maybe like I didn’t deserve it, and then things just got really messy in life because I really lost my focus and my purpose

14:05 I’m not gonna get too heavy, don’t worry

14:25 So I was last year pretty rock-bottom, I was kind of going through some shit, I was feeling very alone, a lot of friends had dogged me, I had just gotten out of a relationship with somebody who was living with me, so kind of by default lost a lot of those friends as well. I was also not posting online at all, which was always sort of my place where I existed when I felt like I didn’t exist, and it felt like in the pandemic when everybody was sort of turning to social media to kind of find social interaction, I was like being attacked on TikTok every day, and I’m sensitive. I’m a sensitive-ass fucking bitch, and I just really couldn’t handle it, so I just really didn’t exist. I was waking up every day in my house alone, going to bed every day alone, creating content kind of, but for what? Because I didn’t want to be seen or looked at by people. And I was just sitting there like… there’s always this thing when you’re feeling really suicidal, right, that’s like-it’s gonna get better, and that is such a hard fucking fact. But for the first time in my life, I was like, ‘for what, though?’ Like what am I really waiting for it to get better though? To live in a world where shit’s just fucked up, and nothing is fair or kind or equal, and there’s people suffering—I can’t do anything about that—why do I want to keep living in this world? I’ve seen the ugliest sides of fucking humanity- and then something in my head just fucking clicked where I was like, ‘alright, I could just kind of give up and wither away, or I can spend every fucking day trying to make the change that I want to see, and if not, then I’ve died living every single day trying to be the best version of myself and leave the world a better place than I found it.

16:15 Lady host: I feel like every once in a while, the internet picks someone that they’re just gonna destroy and you were like Enemy #1, it was like really bad, the whole internet was against her, like every video that you saw, it was bad. Like you were severely getting bullied on the internet
Portnoy: Why?

I don’t know (laughs)

Lady host: I mean, you could attest that you were a drama queen. You said it, right? I feel like you make dramatic videos, people would take it out of context, clip them. Are you self-aware, like you kind of knew what you were doing when you were making a crazy video and knew it was going to pop off, or were you like ‘I like this, I’m posting it’?

16:55 There’s like so much of a timeline of where people started seeing that— that was when I was really already two years in of constant harassment and abuse and gaslighting and truly believing that I said or did things that I did not do. It was a total act of desperation, to be honest. And in my defence, it fucking worked, like they backed the fuck off.

Portnoy: What worked? (The two guys have no idea what Gabbie and other host are referencing re: Gabbie’s crazy videos, ask for clarification)

17:30 I just— people were just attacking everything I did. I just started exposing some facts about the people who were trying to paint me as somebody I wasn’t. [Apologizes that they probably wanted to hear about drama from her] but I’ve been healing from this for like a year and I just don’t want to dive back into it too too much.

18:00 Are there any charities or causes in particular you’re partial to?

I want to create my own fund called the Fuck Money Fund, I can’t commit to it right now, but this is kind of my long-term goal that hopefully will be a short-term goal if everything goes according to my wildest dreams and plans. I want to just donate 50% of everything I make forever in perpetuity, like after my death, to the Fuck Money Fund, which is something I’m creating to just sort of have this bank of money to do whatever the fuck I want with. So like, if I make $10 million, $5M of that goes into Fuck Money; I can build a shelter if I want, I can really feed people. If I make a billion, $500M goes straight into Fuck Money, so the things that I have, my books, my music, and things that will constantly be getting royalties for the rest of eternity, NFTs in the future—dude, every time you sell an NFT, the original creator gets a percentage of the sale—imagine 500 years from now one of my NFTs going for $20B and the Fuck Money Fund gets $10B of that? Like dude, that’s what I want.

40:10 Host asks if she’s seen or heard from Jenna Marbles lately (after talking about her for a bit):

No, I haven’t spoken to her. But I think that she probably just like needed her space. Like I kind of saw when she tapped out in the way that she did, like it was because she being held to old videos—

Portnoy: It was when everybody was getting cancelled

I think she and I are a lot of the same, there’s a lot of sensitivity there, and I think with this weird thing of trying to grow up as a human in the public eye— like Jenna started when she was somebody very different than the Jenna I got to know, and I’m sure the Jenna that I haven’t even seen in so long is completely different, you know what I mean? But when you’re trying to be that same person on the camera all the time, it’s like this very stifling, stagnant feeling of like, ‘who the fuck am I?’, so I imagine she just wanted to take a step back to be her own self and live for herself and exist for herself and her family and her pets.

49:25 I have a theory about Will Smith, can I talk about it? I think he’s going through—I don’t want to speculate on marriage issues, but what I think the trigger was—I think it went a lot deeper. [blah blah blah]
I just got really triggered when he said he was answering his calling to God to protect his people, and then Denzel pipes in with his ‘it’s when you’re at the top that the devil will come and get you’, so like he had a real spiritual moment at that thing that nobody’s really looking at.

51:20 Portnoy: I’ve heard people that have committed some of the greatest atrocities in the history of the human race be like ‘well, I had a calling from God, so I mean—’

Oh no, don’t get me wrong. He clearly did something very wrong here and he knew it immediately. I always feel bad whenever there’s some type of emotion that has overcome somebody so much to the point that he just fucked up his whole life, you know what I mean? It’s not okay what he did, he’s gonna have to pay the consequences of that for a long time, but I think it goes beyond—
(They cut in basically saying not really, he’s just banned from the Oscars, big whoop)
52:00 No, I think he’s gonna be paying for this for a long time, ‘cause he fucked up—he’s gonna pay for it forever, that’s his fucking legacy. He spent his entire fuckin—
(They disagree and move on)
She talked a LOT but said very little, so tl;dr:

-she went on a drama podcast but didn’t want to discuss drama (and the people hosting the podcast mostly had no fucking clue about what drama she’s been involved with in the past anyway—why have her on? Did she reach out to them? And for what purpose when she’s not even using the opportunity to promote her music that she cares so deeply about, or properly explain her upcoming charitable (..?) Fuck Money Fund which she described as “something I’m creating to just sort of have this bank of money to do whatever the fuck I want with” and to which she’ll donate 50% of her earnings for life and beyond, but also she won’t profit a penny when she collaborates with others for it (??). So far her most specific plan regarding this fund is to sell an NFT for 20 billion dollars in 500 years after she’s dead, which will be so helpful for no specific charitable cause she can think of

-she was gaslit by the internet, she had to research her own life to figure out what was true, she realized halfway through her expose series that she didn’t need to make any of it public, whoopsies. When directly asked why the internet was doing all of this to her (because the hosts are clueless af), she laughed and said “I don’t know”

-she expressed empathy for Will Smith for having had some kind of 'spiritual experience' that compelled him to slap a comedian at the most prestigious awards ceremony of his career. So the 2 people she mostly feels bad for are herself and the famous Oscar-winning millionaire Will Smith (because she's projecting on him), for anyone keeping score at home

Hard agree with this: Oh and Joey Graceffa discussed Gabbie/ETN on some podcast in April:

They start talking about it at 28:10

Some Joey quotes: "she's very good at manipulating, like she's so good at making you feel bad for her"
"it was weird because I felt bad for Gabbie at the same time"
"the thing with Gabbie is like- we were friends, and there's still a part of me that really cares about her"
"like I want to maybe mend this relationship in the future but the thing is I don't know if she would ever get to the place where she could apologize"
"there is a part of her that is really good, but there's just something that- it's hard for her to wrap her mind around her being in the wrong"
"she could've ended this so quick if she just admitted her faults and moved on"

And her album is coming out soon, I think? She's been doing a terrible job of promoting her singles so far, but maybe she'll ramp it up for the actual album release. k that's all I've got.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
fancybum
senpai

She got bugs tattooed on her neck. and said it took 10 hours (because she was anxious about the placement and kept "making small corrections" as they went). The patience of whatever tattoo artist had to put up with her for that long omg.
dontpanic
#relatable

fancybum wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:10 pm She got bugs tattooed on her neck. and said it took 10 hours (because she was anxious about the placement and kept "making small corrections" as they went). The patience of whatever tattoo artist had to put up with her for that long omg.
whatever she tipped that artist wasn't enough
fancybum
senpai

Uhhhh she’s having a terrifying day on tiktok, she’s posted 70+ times today (so far) talking about being the mother of god and the second coming of Jesus and a lot of other very concerning and nonsensical things. Cops did a welfare check earlier tonight but left and she’s still going strong. In one video she said friends/family had been reaching out with concern, but she’s the happiest person on earth and doesn’t need help. I’m legit freaked out along with most of internet and hope a friend or family member will get through to her sooner rather than later.