Anthony Padilla

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Anthony Padilla

Post by alittledizzy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm

You know, it actually would have been funny if he'd had Dan make a cameo in this video - Dan, who has made a video in months, giving straight faced advice to Anthony...

I wonder if Dan just doesn't respond to calls anymore? They could have fit him in via video appearance (like Shane Dawson) but maybe he's not into that.

kavat
ar·tic·u·late

Post by kavat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 am

alittledizzy wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm
You know, it actually would have been funny if he'd had Dan make a cameo in this video - Dan, who has made a video in months, giving straight faced advice to Anthony...

I wonder if Dan just doesn't respond to calls anymore? They could have fit him in via video appearance (like Shane Dawson) but maybe he's not into that.
Lol yeah that would have been funny. He did have Jon Cozart in his initial how-to-be-a-youtuber-video, the guy hadn't made a video in like eight months at that point.

I'm also curious about their relationship at this point, does it stretch further than some twitter interactions? Have Anthony bugged him about more collabs, as collabs are the only videos that will get him views these days? Will he ever understand that he has actively pushed away the audience he had in the beginning? So many questions.
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

scientia
lady door

Post by scientia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 am

I hadn't followed Smosh for a while when Anthony left, so I didn't fully understand how much Defy played a part in his decision to leave. I definitely had no idea about the things he points out at about 5:10. Really makes me happy that D&P never got involved in a deal like this (unless you count SAP?)!

kavat
ar·tic·u·late

Post by kavat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 pm

I feel so sad for everyone at Smosh, and Cleverly and the other brands owned by Defy. And the fact that they sold it for stock they never saw is even worse. Though if the company is liquidated they should get some of it? Idk the terms or way of business in the USA, but if he owned stock in something of worth then he should get that when the company seizes to exists. I hope.

Philip DeFranco talked about it too:
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 pm

That's so rough. I feel really bad for Anthony and Ian getting so fucked over, and for everyone that worked for that company and got screwed. I hope they can rehome the channels and personalities to a better environment.

I do appreciate Anthony talking so bluntly about it. I understand a lot better why he left now, and I respect the decision more. I wonder what was different for Ian that he didn't leave? It'd be fascinating to hear him talk about it too, or hear him and Anthony both discuss their experiences.