Safiya Nygaard

scientia
phabergé

Megancita75 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:22 pm I also really liked her post. It can't have been easy to be so vulnerable when part of what has been causing some of her issues has been being exposed to people picking her apart.

I was very interested to read about her problems with time management and structure, because I am curious about creative people -- especially self-employed ones -- do those sorts of thing. It does sort of confirm for me that it can be hard to figure those sorts of things out, especially when you go from zero to sixty like can happen on YouTube. I'm glad she's taking some time to really identify the various sources of her struggle right now.

I think moving is good since she's realized being closer to a support system is important, but I'm especially intrigued by her idea of doing a "season" approach to her YouTube career by doing sprints of content creation that she can build up to release over time and to have those sorts of sprints interspersed with longish planned breaks.
I enjoyed her quote too! It really struck me how difficult it must be to be an "online personality" where even your enunciation and presentation can come under regular scrutiny!
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

I wanted to talk a bit about Safiya's moving video that she just posted. First, as an America, it gave me such nostalgic road trip vibes. It really is just hours and hours of driving with pit stops for peeing and fast food, plus a mix of beautiful scenery and ugly highway sameness. There was something so cozy about this video and them driving across the country with their cat and sharing their exhaustion and excitement in equal measure.

I really also liked Saifya saying a few times that she has feelings about moving, but that the channel isn't the place where she is going share them. They are apparently starting a weekly live, and much like DnP, I think something like that is probably a low-stress way of creating content that is something they can do while they wait for bigger projects -- or creative inspiration -- to strike.

I really like Safiya and Tyler and I genuinely wish them well, which is really what i guess I came into this thread to say :-)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I loved her video. I love that she and Tyler are going to be in a place that fits them better.

I also love that they drove instead of flying mainly for Crusty. People that love their pets that much have a special place in their heart.

also also I had no idea Crusty was 17-20 years old. Ancient, indeed.
kavat
pastel persona

It was wonderful seeing them again. It's great to hear that she has hired and is thinking of their work more as a company, I think that's healthy if she wants to make the high quality content she does so well but also, you know, live. For a long time she tried to do Buzzfeed level content on a two person crew and that's just not possible in the long run.

Very excited to see what she does in the future!
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Safiya made a post to Instagram Stories today saying that she's been getting a lot of comments asking if/saying that she is pregnant. So she writes that she isn't pregnant, that she wears larger shirts and doesn't film that part of her body a lot specifically to avoid getting these kinds of comments, and that if people are seeing a baby bump that's just the way her normal stomach looks. One, I'm really impressed by the non-confrontational approach she took; two, even though it's non-confrontational it feels like a really healthy instance of her speaking up and establishing a boundary; and three, why the hell would fans talk about her body in places where she can remotely see it? -- it makes me boiling mad that she even had to post something like that.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Megancita75 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:39 pm Safiya made a post to Instagram Stories today saying that she's been getting a lot of comments asking if/saying that she is pregnant. So she writes that she isn't pregnant, that she wears larger shirts and doesn't film that part of her body a lot specifically to avoid getting these kinds of comments, and that if people are seeing a baby bump that's just the way her normal stomach looks. One, I'm really impressed by the non-confrontational approach she took; two, even though it's non-confrontational it feels like a really healthy instance of her speaking up and establishing a boundary; and three, why the hell would fans talk about her body in places where she can remotely see it? -- it makes me boiling mad that she even had to post something like that.
I hate it so much. I hate that she has to deal with that. I also hate anyone asking/speculating on anyone being pregnant?? Like, friend, unless their last name is Duggar, or you happen to see a lowkey snapshot of them mid-ultrasound with a baby on the screen just sit the fuck down and wait and if they're pregnant THEY WILL TELL YOU. There is absolutely no need to ever speculate on if someone is knocked up based on their body shape.