Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

User avatar
obsessivelymoody
phabergé
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:56 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: canada

Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by obsessivelymoody » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am

I am so shocked to see that Jimmy didn't already have a thread on here?? Well, I guess there's always a place to start

Anyway, I wanted to share one of his tweets (which are pure gold for the most part), and obviously it doesn't fit with the main thread.
I mean he hardly makes videos anymore, which is a serious shame, but I guess when he does post or states something hilarious and/or topical there can be some separate discussion on here.

Also he's just generally lovely and this seems like a good place to calmly gush over him.



User avatar
MythicalPinkTrashCan
lady door
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Texas

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by MythicalPinkTrashCan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:42 pm

I only just started warching Jimmy after I started reading the AMAAF phanfic. I'm watching his videos randomly as thry come up in the recs bar, but what I have seen, i like

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by alittledizzy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:39 pm

I've actually started listening to Jimmy on the radio sometimes, once I realized with the app it doesn't region block you. I'm definitely suffering through a lot of music I have no interest in just to hear his little bits between songs. I don't usually make it through the whole thing, though. (Sorry, Jimmy.)

User avatar
obvsly
butt chair
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by obvsly » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:39 pm
I've actually started listening to Jimmy on the radio sometimes, once I realized with the app it doesn't region block you. I'm definitely suffering through a lot of music I have no interest in just to hear his little bits between songs. I don't usually make it through the whole thing, though. (Sorry, Jimmy.)
What app is that? I need to get it now!!!!! Thank you in advance for supporting my Jimmy thirst.
'A simple equation with no complications to leave you confused if this is love...'
Image

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by alittledizzy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:41 pm

obvsly wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm
alittledizzy wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:39 pm
I've actually started listening to Jimmy on the radio sometimes, once I realized with the app it doesn't region block you. I'm definitely suffering through a lot of music I have no interest in just to hear his little bits between songs. I don't usually make it through the whole thing, though. (Sorry, Jimmy.)
What app is that? I need to get it now!!!!! Thank you in advance for supporting my Jimmy thirst.
It's actually the Capital FM app! I have no idea what his schedule actually is, though. I tend to just watch twitter and turn it on when I see that he's tweeted he's live.

You can also watch him Mon-Thur on Trending Live if you are from the UK or use a VPN to make it think you're from the UK. But that's kind of pain so I've satisfied myself with the app.

User avatar
obvsly
butt chair
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by obvsly » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:52 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:41 pm
It's actually the Capital FM app! I have no idea what his schedule actually is, though. I tend to just watch twitter and turn it on when I see that he's tweeted he's live.

You can also watch him Mon-Thur on Trending Live if you are from the UK or use a VPN to make it think you're from the UK. But that's kind of pain so I've satisfied myself with the app.
thank you!!!! :love2:
'A simple equation with no complications to leave you confused if this is love...'
Image

User avatar
mermaid blood
at the dépanneur
at the dépanneur
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:48 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by mermaid blood » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:25 pm

jimmy is one of those first gen youtubers i can rewatch and he'll instantly put me in a good mood. he's the only reason i watched the whole of cereal time, every episode. i would watch anything he uploaded. but i especially wanted to see more of the house renovating process. i like his diy and tastes. and chels! i miss their chemistry. i wonder why their podcast never got off the ground...
art in avatar by Lily

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by alittledizzy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 pm


Templeofshame
phillion/danosaur <//3
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:46 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by Templeofshame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 am

At the risk of sounding like an idiot... Jimmy being in a Taylor Swift video, joke or not? https://twitter.com/CapitalOfficial/sta ... 4781075456

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by alittledizzy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:55 am

Templeofshame wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:23 am
At the risk of sounding like an idiot... Jimmy being in a Taylor Swift video, joke or not? https://twitter.com/CapitalOfficial/sta ... 4781075456
I just had to triple take at that. I'm gonna say... tentatively... photoshopped? But also like, good job, capital fm, because I'm definitely not speaking with conviction on that.

Templeofshame
phillion/danosaur <//3
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:46 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by Templeofshame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:04 am

I think I'm just not getting the joke, which is why I was like... is it possible it's not a joke? But I made an attempt to fullscreen and watch as little of the video as possible, and it seems like there's a blurry blond dude who is significantly blonder than the gif Jimmy. Maybe if I actually listened to him on the radio I'd understand why it's funny.

User avatar
obvsly
butt chair
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Thailand

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by obvsly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:54 pm



Does anyone else think of Phil's "Why I can't go back to the gym.." video? No? Just me, then.

(No, I didn't think they copied Phil. I was just excited in a "Phimmy!!!!!" sense. :rofl: )
'A simple equation with no complications to leave you confused if this is love...'
Image

User avatar
sonicgreen
sad dimple
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:56 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: United States

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by sonicgreen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Ha, the gym video must be the origin of another Jimmy tweet Phil liked this week. What is with all the sudden twitter interaction? I know they've known each other for a while, just funny that I heard about Jimmy (not including that one interview). for the first time maybe 3 months ago, and they're now casual twitter mutuals?
Image

whatdoiknow
procrastinator
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by whatdoiknow » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 pm

sonicgreen wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 pm
Ha, the gym video must be the origin of another Jimmy tweet Phil liked this week. What is with all the sudden twitter interaction? I know they've known each other for a while, just funny that I heard about Jimmy (not including that one interview). for the first time maybe 3 months ago, and they're now casual twitter mutuals?
They've both been reading amaaf. Waveydnp has inspired them to rekindle their friendship

User avatar
sonicgreen
sad dimple
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:56 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: United States

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by sonicgreen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 pm

whatdoiknow wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 pm
They've both been reading amaaf. Waveydnp has inspired them to rekindle their friendship
The only reasonable explanation, thanks ;)
Image

whatdoiknow
procrastinator
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by whatdoiknow » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:14 am

sonicgreen wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 pm
whatdoiknow wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 pm
They've both been reading amaaf. Waveydnp has inspired them to rekindle their friendship
The only reasonable explanation, thanks ;)
;)

User avatar
obsessivelymoody
phabergé
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:56 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: canada

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by obsessivelymoody » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:10 pm



Oooo this is just great. My day has been made <3

User avatar
DatCog
blobfish
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:51 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by DatCog » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:17 pm

This is JUST what I needed today. Thank you Jimmy <3 <3

Can't wait for the new House Files :D
"I can get it up as much as you" - Phil Lester 2018
Image

User avatar
autumnhearth
philluminati
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by autumnhearth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Does anyone else sometimes say “I love you too” at the end of his videos? Like, out loud? No? Just me? Okay.

Loved his dragging of LP, it was just enough. Yay House Files!

For whatever reason YouTube decided to automatically play Louise’s baby vlog right after this. Why?

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by alittledizzy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 am

autumnhearth wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm
Does anyone else sometimes say “I love you too” at the end of his videos? Like, out loud? No? Just me? Okay.
......... yes.

User avatar
obsessivelymoody
phabergé
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:56 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: canada

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by obsessivelymoody » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:16 am

alittledizzy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 am
autumnhearth wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm
Does anyone else sometimes say “I love you too” at the end of his videos? Like, out loud? No? Just me? Okay.
......... yes.
i mean, he pauses for a reason right? ..right?

User avatar
kavat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Stockholm

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by kavat » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 am

obsessivelymoody wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:16 am
alittledizzy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 am
autumnhearth wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm
Does anyone else sometimes say “I love you too” at the end of his videos? Like, out loud? No? Just me? Okay.
......... yes.
i mean, he pauses for a reason right? ..right?
He says it like I'm going to say it back. It would be rude not to.
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

User avatar
autumnhearth
philluminati
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by autumnhearth » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:50 pm

:lol: Thanks guys. When I first started watching him I thought the pause between “I love you” and “bye” were meant be awkward and a bit unsettling, but as I’ve kept watching I feel like I’ve been conditioned to respond. Though sometimes the fondness just builds up naturally throughout the course of the video and I’m overflowing with it by the end. (My husband doesn’t get Jimmy’s awkward false humble bragging humor. When I showed him a few videos he just sat there unmoved and said “okay” at the end. It saddens me greatly. *But* I finally convinced him to watch pinof 9 and the bloopers last night and he was cracking up so I should savor my triumphs.)

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by alittledizzy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:40 pm

autumnhearth wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:50 pm
:lol: Thanks guys. When I first started watching him I thought the pause between “I love you” and “bye” were meant be awkward and a bit unsettling, but as I’ve kept watching I feel like I’ve been conditioned to respond. Though sometimes the fondness just builds up naturally throughout the course of the video and I’m overflowing with it by the end. (My husband doesn’t get Jimmy’s awkward false humble bragging humor. When I showed him a few videos he just sat there unmoved and said “okay” at the end. It saddens me greatly. *But* I finally convinced him to watch pinof 9 and the bloopers last night and he was cracking up so I should savor my triumphs.)
I think I held back from being more overtly a fan of Jimmy's on tumblr for a long time out of some kind of fear that people would try to tell me why he wasn't good? Like, I started watching him right on the tail end of Cereal Time and I just remember lots of conversation about Jimmy and Charlie not being great for the show/together but I loved watching Jimmy so much and I think I subconsciously just made the decision that Jimmy would be someone I'd enjoy without inviting people to tell me why I was wrong.

So basically my little corner of phandom exploding with Jimmy love has just been the best thing ever.

User avatar
autumnhearth
philluminati
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Jimmy Hill (jimmy0010)

Post by autumnhearth » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Fuck em, he’s hilarious. Thanks for introducing many of us and spreading the love! I still haven’t watched everything of his, but I went on another binge yesterday. I honestly thought this video was filled with such good advice, on doing research papers in particular. I could have really benefitted from it, more than a few years ago.


Post Reply