Tronnor Troyler Triangle Friendship

swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

Calling all the conspiracy theorist and detectives to join in and speculate about this three youtubers / singers / vloggers / activist

Are they together? Are they not? Were they fighting? What happened? Tell me all you know.
Love is forever
hajime
dank meme

I'm so thirsty for some gossip.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Crying while listening to for him. :cry: They were so adorable, I miss them.

Can we talk about how Troye cried on stage while singing Gasoline? That could have nothing to do with Connor, but still!!
the candlelight by the crescent moon
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

used to be a super tronnor fan, and I'm really curious what Connor means in that tweet: 'people change'. Is that just a generic breakup line? Did they grow apart? Or did Troye let the fame get to his head (this is kinda my own vendetta as I stopped watching Troye when he decided he didn't care about his audience).
stella
living flop

Everyone on tumblr is totally freaking out saying tronnor is done. Idk about that, there's not really all that much evidence. We'll see. Or maybe we won't.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

Unfortunately, it'll be the same guessing game as the whole relationship was. Maybe in a few years, Troye will be talking about it in interviews (obviously no names) and we'll be able to connect all the dots. It definitely seems like something's up, unfortunately. That's so sad, they were the cutest couple..
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I think they probably broke up because Troye is very busy with his music and touring, and doesn't have time to be with Connor. Maybe they still like each other, as it was all very fast (one week they're in Perth together, the other possibly broken up), but it was kinda expected I guess. They're young and only starting their careers, they can't settle down right now.

It's very interesting to listen to Blue Neighborhood (which I think is a great album), and overanalyze all the songs in it (specially Lost Boy).
the candlelight by the crescent moon
swofro
angel bean

I really like them being together, even as friends. There is a video in ThatcherJoeVlogs that I watch a million years ago when he went to US and hangs out with the three of them.
It saddens me that if it is true that they were in a relationship and they broke up, they are not going to hang out with each other ever again. :(
Love is forever
phamnotof
morning quiff

I actually looked into Tronnor more based on this thread and it really looks like they might have broken up this time. Apparently, they weren't seen together for months even when it was geographically convenient, and putting that next to Connor being to nearly every Troye concert he could have been not that long ago, yeah, it seems likely. Which is sad, but they're super young & I think they'll be okay.

What's more heartbreaking for me personally is to watch the Tronnor fandom slowly come to terms with having to mourn a relationship they can't really be sure existed but was formative and important to them all the same. It makes me really glad to be in the phandom, because Dan and Phil seem settled, content - the kind of forever deal in one way or another that makes me think we'll probably never go through this. But I do think it was a good move for them to keep each other as a personal thing first and foremost as dealing with the possibility *public* split up's would have added even more pressure.
cbgb
smol bean

That's sad, I used to watch Troye even before D&P (ah, those uncomplicated times!) and found his early videos funny and #relatable but then unsubscribed a few months ago when he disappeared-- I still like his music though! I'm also prone to think the breakup was more because of Troye. I read this outtakes of his interview over on Tumblr and found it pretty interesting:
Talking Boys with Troye Sivan for 10 Solid Minutes
Outtakes of OUT Magazine Cover Story

Sometimes an interview subject says they don’t want to talk about something and they really don’t want to talk about it. Sometimes they literally mean they don’t want to name names, but anything else is fair game. Troye Sivan was not interested in calling out any one suitor in particular, but he was more than happy to talk about boys for a good long stretch in the middle of our interview.

Out: We gotta talk about boys. Do you have a boyfriend?

Troye Sivan: So… [pauses] I feel like I share everything about myself. Like everything everything, especially in the music and stuff like that. So I am just, like—that’s the one thing where I’m like, I should keep something to myself.

Okay—but in the liner notes to Blue Neighbourhood you thanked “my beautiful boyfriend.”

Troye: I did that because I felt like it was at least then it’s on my own terms. It’s in my album liner notes where I wrote them. It was important to me to pay tribute to that person and thank that person, because I think they were super instrumental to the process of making the album. I don’t think I could’ve done it without them. But as far as defining that relationship and defining who that person is and everything—I think I’m, like, pretty sweet.

I’ve had this conversation with a lot of people, and it’s the cover of Out. I’m not looking to blindside you, but I am trying to tell a story in a deeper way. There’s usually a couple different reasons why people don’t want to say. Sometimes it’s about being young and not being sure if it’s going to last—

Troye: That’s pretty much it for me. I don’t even know what’s going on, so I don’t really want to put anything on paper. Which is why I question the liner note a little bit. Then again I don’t really care because at that particular time, that was something I felt was important to do, I guess. I’m just so…20. I don’t even know what’s going on. So I’m never sure how to define anything in a magazine or in print. It seems very permanent.

What are you looking for in a boyfriend? What’s meaningful to you?

Troye: What’s meaningful to me is…I was going to say being stimulated but that doesn’t sound very good at all. [laughs] Being very mentally stimulated by the person. I’m very attracted to worldly people and cultured people who have seen more movies than I have and who can recommend albums to me that are going to make me cry. And can make me laugh. It’s one of those things where in so many ways in my life I’ve always felt—and this is going to sound so conceited and gross—but I think I’ve always felt a bit, like, other from everyone else. That probably comes a little bit from being LGBTQ and also not liking sports as a kid and also from being the only person in my school who tried to do anything like the entertainment industry. I just felt a little bit—I don’t want to say superior because it wasn’t that. I just felt other and different. To kind of find someone who I think is a step ahead of me and is different from me that I don’t understand—because I always felt that I understood everyone and then understood that I was not like that. So for me the idea of not fully understanding someone and not fully being able to get them super easily and quickly, that’s interesting to me and attractive to me and is probably going to keep me interested. Plus, then, it’s nice if they’re good looking I guess [laughs]. Hot boys.

Do you have a type?

I think I do. I don’t know though. It’s one of those things—I think I like pretty boys. Not necessarily—I just think I like pretty boys. Pretty boys with nice faces, I’d say it is.

Have you had a serious boyfriend?

Troye: Yeah, I’ve been on, like, dates and stuff like that. I probably started doing that when I was, like, 16 and I’d say I’ve really, really fallen for maybe two people.

How did you know you’d fallen for them?

I think it’s just one of those things where you know as soon as the panic sets in, then, like, cool, this is something. As soon as I just start feeling constantly on edge and vulnerable and stuff like that then that’s probably where I’m like, okay, cool I like this person.

Have you ever had your heart broken?

Troye: I have. Yeah, by the first person I ever really, really liked. I was just really super naïve, and we were from completely different worlds and he was quite a bit older than I was. It was one of those things where there were some real differences between where we were from and though we met in the middle a little bit and it was really exciting and cool, in the end of the day those things ended up catching up. I just don’t think it meant as much to him as it did to me. Also it was my first crush. I was 16. I was so heart eyes about everything. It just didn’t end up happening.

How much older are we talking about?

Troye: He was maybe three to four years older than me.

I realized I had no idea what that meant to you! Could have been 10 years, 20. You said you like worldly…

Troye: But also I get a little bit creeped out by that because I feel young, and I feel boyish. As soon as anyone who’s like—if they’re over 30. No actually, that’s a lie—if they’re over 31. Then I’m like, Why are you interested in me? This is a little weird. Because I look like a 16-year-old.

Wait, what’s the difference between 30 and 31? Is that a specific person or a hard line for you?

Troye: It’s the former. I don’t know, I just feel like that’s something I didn’t expect and then all of a sudden, I guess, that’s my limit.

Have you ever broken someone else’s heart?

Troye: I think I have.

How did you know? How did you handle it?

Troye: It’s horrible. It’s like the worst thing in the world. I detest it. These are the things I’m learning. Relationships are so weird. The whole thing is so weird, because you care so much for that person and you become best friends and everything like that. Then it seems so abrasive and abrupt to me that people break up. That concept. The whole idea of it. As someone who is just starting to venture into romantic endeavors, having only previously been friends with people. You don’t break up with your parents. Unless you have a horrible fight, you don’t break up with your best friend. It’s only romantically. That’s been a very strange thing I never thought about before. Just the nature of breaking up, in general, people get hurt and that’s something that I’m learning. You see it in movies and stuff like that, but don’t necessarily get it. Then you feel it and it happens to you or you do it someone else. And it really just sucks.

Here is the question I ask everyone: how do you describe your sexuality?

Troye: That’s a really good question. I don’t know. I don’t want to use the word gay… [pauses] I would say that—is it weird to use the word fun? Is that weird?

There’s no judgment on any answer. I’ve gotten all kinds.

Troye: Fun is how I feel. I feel lucky. I feel proud.

What’s fun about it?

Troye: Fun is kissing boys and kissing girls sometimes. I just feel like one thing I really cherish is that that lack of template that stressed me out as a little kid, like do gay people get married? Do gay people have kids? Do they do that at the same age as straight people? My friends are going to get boyfriends and girlfriends, get married, have kids—that’s the way life works, especially where I’m from. For me that mold or model of life was just kind of shattered. I could be single forever and no one would bat an eyelid. There’s just kind of no rules and no one knows what to expect. I really appreciate that, so I’d say that’s a fun thing about it as well. It’s really open-ended. Of course I want to find someone, but I don’t feel like it would be overly weird if I was to be single and have a kid by myself, or if I was to find a partner and never have any kids, that’s also fine. I appreciate that fluidity. Then it’s also the fact that I can go kiss girls, kiss boys, I can do whatever I want, and no one will bat an eyelid. Now that that’s out there, I can do whatever I want.

credithttp://conconsivan.tumblr.com/post/1419 ... id-minutes
where he basically says he's too young to commit in a serious relationship
christyimnotred
tol bean

I've been following Tronnor for over a year, and kind of consider myself a Tronnor expert (that's sad isn't it?). It seems that whatever went wrong started right before Troye started the recent North America leg of his tour. They were together in Australia right before it and for a few days in LA (over Valentine's day). Then Troye started the recent leg of the tour and Connor didn't go to the first few shows, which may not seem like a big deal, but Connor went to almost every single show of his earlier tour, including every show in Europe. But we thought maybe Connor was getting some work done so he could join Troye on a later part of the tour. Then Troye had a show in Portland, and Connor went to Portland the next day to see his brother thereby missing the Portland show. Which is really not like Connor. Then he stayed in Portland with his brother while Troye went back to LA. Connor returned to LA the day Troye left for the rest of his tour. It already seemed like Connor was avoiding Troye. Connor then didn't go to a single show, not even the one in Minnesota that his mother and sister went to. This all seemed very off.

It became obvious they weren't together anymore once Troye's tour ended and he returned to LA. The day Troye returned, Connor went out with Tyler and his friends to a gay bar. When Connor and Troye were together, there was no way Connor would have gone out without Troye on his first night back. There has been no indication that they've seen each other at all in the week that Troye has been back in LA. Some fans are trying to say they are both just busy with work, but when they were together they went to extraordinary lengths to see each other, there is just no way they wouldn't be inseparable when they were in the same city if things were fine between them.

I always knew they'd end up breaking up because Troye is too young and self-involved to sustain a relationship. I think they only stayed together as long as they did because Connor was willing to do anything to spend time with Troye. I feel bad for Connor because I think he really did love Troye and really thought they'd be together for a long time. He gave up all his friends for Troye, Troye was pretty much it for awhile, which wasn't smart but fits the way I think Connor loves.

It sounded like from the Out interview that Troye is looking forward to playing the field for a bit. I guess I'm glad they broke up before Troye cheated on him, because I really think that was coming (if that isn't why they broke up to begin with). And as much as I never thought I'd say this, I'm glad Connor and Tyler are friends again. Tyler can keep him busy and help him through this time. (I still want to know what the falling out between Connor and Tyler was about and how they became friends again).
stella
living flop

gahhh, this whole thing just makes me sad. I want them to be happy and I hope they are happy apart :cry:
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

christyimnotred, thank you for that post - I don't follow them super closely so I didn't actually realize the relationship dissolved that quickly. I really loved your perspective on them though, and as someone who doesn't usually claim to like Connor at all you actually made me feel for him.

Couples like that, who break up under those circumstances, always give me a little hope they'll find their way back to each other later on with more life experience under their belts. Until then, I hope they both feel fulfilled. It sounds like Connor would do well to find another relationship with someone more in the same headspace he is, but it actually does make me happy he and Tyler seem to have reconnected as friends now.
sweetmm
angel bean

Logistically it was too difficult to maintain; I had made an off remark before that if Troye moved to LA they may had a chance. As what Felix & Dan did 8-)
manged
lady door

Don't worry guys! They both instagrammed similar photos of the sky. All's right with the Tronndom.

Source:http://thetronnorproof.tumblr.com/post/ ... andcons-on
christyimnotred
tol bean

alittledizzy wrote:christyimnotred, thank you for that post - I don't follow them super closely so I didn't actually realize the relationship dissolved that quickly. I really loved your perspective on them though, and as someone who doesn't usually claim to like Connor at all you actually made me feel for him.

Couples like that, who break up under those circumstances, always give me a little hope they'll find their way back to each other later on with more life experience under their belts. Until then, I hope they both feel fulfilled. It sounds like Connor would do well to find another relationship with someone more in the same headspace he is, but it actually does make me happy he and Tyler seem to have reconnected as friends now.
I think Connor is getting close to wanting to settle down and start a family. And Troye is wanting to go out and play the field. If Connor is still single in 5 years, I could see them getting back together. But I honestly think Connor will be married in 5 years. (I think he should date Korey. Korey seems like such a nice guy).
swofro
angel bean

manged wrote:Don't worry guys! They both instagrammed similar photos of the sky. All's right with the Tronndom.

Source:http://thetronnorproof.tumblr.com/post/ ... andcons-on
It can also mean they are in the same city but not hanging out together. :wahh:

I also agree that Troye seems want to reach the cloud first and want to see what is out there before settling down. Meanwhile, Connor had decided to drop everything if it means they can be together. I think they really love each other but the timing is not right.

I hope they will be happy in the future, either together or not.
Love is forever
corn flakes
moon room

I agree , they aren't in the same place in their lives...that's unfortunate because they seemed to really love each other :sobs: IDK Connor always seemed much more invested but I don't think Troye wasn't as much in love, he simply has a different approch to love .
Maybe if they were older or lived at least in the same country there would be a chance but I don't think that they will came back togheter.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
stella
living flop

I'm a bit late to this thread and not totally caught up with the fandom but do people think For Him was specifically for Connor? If so... :wahh:
christyimnotred
tol bean

stella2000 wrote:I'm a bit late to this thread and not totally caught up with the fandom but do people think For Him was specifically for Connor? If so... :wahh:
Yes, it's pretty accepted in the fandom that For Him was written for Connor.
phamnotof
morning quiff

sweetmm wrote: My goodness this is so offtopic but when you mentioned Troye, I just need to vent it here. I can't believe he took a new boy just a few months after Connor, I'm going to guess that Tyler/Connor had a "squabble" before most probably because Tyler warned Connor about Troye, hence why now Tyler & Connor are close again.
Sorry I had no one to vent off with at gigi :lol:
did some digging because I'm curious as fuck, is the new drama based off of this picture? some Jacob dude Troye might be dating, but idk if there's more info
sweetmm
angel bean

Some fans are saying the 'relationship' has been going on around mid March and they guessing things with Connor ended around end of January or early February.
Jacob followed Troye during his Europe leg tour and he was there during Troye's BBMAs performance along with Troye's family. Now Troye is accompanying Jacob to Colorado, presumably to celebrate Jacob's birthday.
according to a poster in GG
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

I first thought he was his brother? :lol: Well, this is a clear case of the Boyfriend Twin Theory.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014 ... _them.html
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Ticia wrote:I first thought he was his brother? :lol: Well, this is a clear case of the Boyfriend Twin Theory.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014 ... _them.html
I love how this also applies to as well. :lol: Didn't Troye and Connor date for what, two years? A month isn't a long time, even if the guy is a rebound. Maybe this guy was the reason that Tronnor broke up in the first place....hmmm.I dunno, at the same time I can't really blame Troye too much, he's young and pretty and has the world at his feet, judging from interviews and stuff it doesn't seem like he's ready for a long-term boyfriend just yet.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }