Tronnor Troyler Triangle Friendship

phamnotof
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

manged wrote:I asked GG and this is one of the pics they found:

*yawn*
Was there something there & I missed it? :D
eevee wrote: it takes a while to develop a product like theres no way he couldve really whipped this up in a few days :lol:
Technically, it's entirely possible to develop it this quickly and have it ready for sale, if you've got a big enough budget and a wave of interest massive enough that you're reasonably sure it's gonna get sold.

I mean, like, these hardly took forever to design, you know? But I like they're selling them unisex, a thumbs up for that.

(Still going back and forth re: whether it was manufactured or if they just ended up seizing the opportuninty while presented. If the really explicit nudes are indeed real, then I'm leaning towards a real leak, but I'm not certain they are.)
eevee
emo goose

manged wrote:I take it back. D&P are the ones who should learn from Troye and use the same strategy to promote their upcoming merch release. Ahem.

This post contributes nothing but that was hilarious and I had to acknowledge it. Also, I'm seeing his concert in November and I'll be writing a review on it for school, if anyone's interested DM me :)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
manged
lady door

phamnotof wrote:

*yawn*
Oh fudge. It was a selfie with Troye and Jacob lying on pillows with some snapchat filters.
http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 6#p2326449
There's another "private" pic in the link but it's literally just a plain selfie.
ravenreyes
sofa crease

it feels like three very random photos if he was hacked. you'd think people would find some more ~interesting ones or whatever.
i really don't think those explicit nudes are real though so i'm excluding them.

manged wrote:I take it back. D&P are the ones who should learn from Troye and use the same strategy to promote their upcoming merch release. Ahem.
lmao, i don't have anything to add, i just needed to appreciate this post.
english is not my first language
phamnotof
morning quiff

manged wrote:
phamnotof wrote:

*yawn*
Oh fudge. It was a selfie with Troye and Jacob lying on pillows with some snapchat filters.
http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 6#p2326449
There's another "private" pic in the link but it's literally just a plain selfie.
Thanks! I actually saw those in the tags but just assumed they were public, they're that boring.

Eh. Man. Hope the undies sell nicely, but I'm done with this overly blown up drama, it's making me enjoy Troye less, and I actually like liking him. :D
stella
living flop

Those undies... idk man. I love Troye's music so much but this is kind of annoying and unnecessary in my eyes. Meh.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
human
dan hand trash

What do people think about Troye's nudes *leaking* and then him conveniently releasing an underwear line barely a week afterwards? Lol. Seems a bit of a coincidence. I looked at Troye's tweets and am siding with the people who think it was leaked intentionally for promo.

Connor seems to be drifting at the moment; his content is a bit dull to me but he's a sweet kid. It would be nice to see him as equally excited and inspired as Tyler has been about his new show.
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

dunno if anyone already said this as to theorizing why tronnor broke up- i didn't bother to read through the whole thread lol-

for some reason i got the vibe that troye may have cheated on con (w/ jacob maybe?) because of how heartbroken con seemed and all his tweets and such but troye moved on SO fast. it's just a theory w like no evidence obviously but i was wondering if anyone else got a similar feeling ?
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
papierklemmen
flower crown

Sooo.... Shane Dawson's boyfriend on ClevverTV just narrated this video on "10 Emotional Youtuber Coming Out Stories" and mentioned that "Troye Sivan and Connor Franta dated for a bit" at 6:43.

Did I miss something? I thought they never actually confirmed it? lol. I'd write it off as someone just quoting a rumor, but this guy is dating Shane... :roll:
human
dan hand trash

^ Whoo. That's... yeah, interesting. It was never actually confirmed no so perhaps that guy just wasn't aware it was a community secret and has blabbed? That's a bit awkward. But it's not like anyone is surprised, everyone knew blatantly anyway lol.
papierklemmen
flower crown

human wrote:^ Whoo. That's... yeah, interesting. It was never actually confirmed no so perhaps that guy just wasn't aware it was a community secret and has blabbed? That's a bit awkward. But it's not like anyone is surprised, everyone knew blatantly anyway lol.
Yeah, it was one of those "everybody knows" rumors, but even those are usually taken with a grain of salt because "I didn't tell you, so you didn't know" (quoting Connor).

But I mean, knowing Shane... That guy just can't keep a secret, can he? I remember how he kept shading/outing Joey before his official coming out. :roll:
papierklemmen
flower crown

yay talking to myself! anyway

so, connor has a book coming out and in the video he mentions a breakup... but who cares, the lolsy part is - apparently he blacklisted troye's name in the comments section on his channel. way to be subtle, connor!

swofro
angel bean

Hello. It's me again. I am reviving this dead thread because connor included troye in his new book.

Evidence it is actually troye
Love is forever
manged
lady door

I applaud him for sneakily, shadily exposing that he means Troye without explicitly saying names. Other than that, I'm over it. Nothing new was revealed. No spicy details. All it did was make me crave sushi smh.
swofro
angel bean

manged wrote:I applaud him for sneakily, shadily exposing that he means Troye without explicitly saying names. Other than that, I'm over it. Nothing new was revealed. No spicy details. All it did was make me crave sushi smh.
I agree. It's hard to stay invested in this drama when all they give are tiny breadcrumbs
Love is forever
papierklemmen
flower crown

manged wrote:All it did was make me crave sushi smh.
same. that fatty salmon!!!

the sloppy seconds parts sounds petty. wtf did troye do to make connor so mad?
fondsmiles
phabergé

aaaah yes there we go with the fandom i come from.

i just finished reading note to self today, i'm gonna put stuff under spoilers!
connor talks very openly and very detailed about how he felt during his breakup. and that's definitely his breakup with troye, because he said that they were together for four years, and he fell in love with this guy in late 2014, so, yeah. the sloppy seconds is a very small part, and all in all,
connor just sounds extremely heartbroken in the almost diary entries he shared.
the breakup was on troye, according to connor, and he said that the reason it hit him so much was that he put his all into the relationship, merging with them almost, and forgot who he was as a human on his own. I get why that hurts. I am just glad he can see that as well, and is learning from it.
I found it really touching to hear him talk about his feelings like this, while also definitely not explicitly throwing Troye under the bus. he even said he doesn't want to make only one person responsible, and while I felt like he could have said more, I really respect that he didn't, especially because he wrote that section on the day the breakup happened.
I am really here for YouTubers talking about their experiences so openly, but I am kind of never here for drama, because it genuinely hurts me when they're hurting, so, I am really glad it's happening like this. I really value hearing Connor's stories that are important to him. I also kinda look forward to new Troye songs though and I will speculate on the meanings.
As goes for Tyler and Connor, I am so glad they're friends again. I still remember the painful times of knowing they fully ignored each other, and the absolute excitement of them hanging out again, and then actually tweeting themselves about hanging out... there's nothing like it, and I still don't take it for granted at all.

I also came to fandoms in the first place because of Troyler so I have a lot of feelings about that as well, idk, it taught me lots about shipping and attachement to people I can't control, I think.

I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS ABOUT ALL OF THIS, this post is probably quite messy, but god, I could talk.
[x]
[x]
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Any indication as to why the fall out between Connor and Tyler?
fondsmiles
phabergé

sweetmm wrote:Any indication as to why the fall out between Connor and Tyler?
I only know of speculations. It might have to do with Tyler telling people that he was the first Connor came out too, when Connor didn't want him to tell that, it might be something completely different.
Connor recently said in an interview though that they were in fact on bad terms for a year and are now close again, but that he didn't want to discuss reasons.
[x]
[x]
christyimnotred
tol bean

fondsmiles wrote:
I only know of speculations. It might have to do with Tyler telling people that he was the first Connor came out too, when Connor didn't want him to tell that, it might be something completely different.
Connor recently said in an interview though that they were in fact on bad terms for a year and are now close again, but that he didn't want to discuss reasons.
Very interesting. I'd love to know why the falling out. Thanks for the info from the book! I've been looking for spoilers but Connor's fans so so damn respectful about not spoiling people that haven't gotten the book yet. Did he give any indication as to why Troye broke up with him? Did he see it coming or did it hit him out of the blue? It seemed very sudden from this side of things.
fondsmiles
phabergé

christyimnotred wrote:
fondsmiles wrote:
Very interesting. I'd love to know why the falling out. Thanks for the info from the book! I've been looking for spoilers but Connor's fans so so damn respectful about not spoiling people that haven't gotten the book yet. Did he give any indication as to why Troye broke up with him? Did he see it coming or did it hit him out of the blue? It seemed very sudden from this side of things.
I'm gonna put this under spoilers again just in case people wanna read still!
He said about this, I am quoting: "The hardest part is that I knew this was coming. I'm young; he's young. So I guess it was inevitable, right?"
And also:
"As hard as I tried, and as much as I gave of myself, it wasn't enough to make this relationship last. I can't point fingers or make excuses, and I can't go any further because I don't want to make anyone out to be a villain."
I am glad he's not going any further if I am honest, because I think that is indeed something very personal that isn't just affecting him, and it's not really our business to know exactly why a relationship didn't last. I really think Connor did a great job talking about it, because it is extremely personal in the way that he describes his feelings very detailed (it's such a good read, honestly, if you are interested in getting to know Connor better, you should definitely buy it), but he stays very respectful when talking about others.
[x]
[x]
fondsmiles
phabergé

the fact that tyler and troye (and troye's boyfriend jacob) were hanging out with friends this weekend makes me so happy. god, i am really not shipping them at all anymore but all of this angsty shit that drove the fandom for months and months really affected me for some time, and it's just so... nice. It's just so nice. that tyler and connor are such close friends again, and that tyler and troye are hanging out again too and acknowledging each other online.

times are good, peoples, times are good.
[x]
[x]
scientia
phabergé

blunt question about the dynamics of these guys, under a spoiler in case it touches on books
I guess I'm mildly invested enough to want to know but not enough to buy/read Connor's or Tyler's books. a) was Troyler ever a thing? and b) when did Tronnor start? Was the chemistry/fandom around Troyler happening while Tronnor were actually dating? What a weird triangle. I wish these other fandoms had such dedicated timelines as the D&P early days one :lol:
fondsmiles
phabergé

scientia wrote:blunt question about the dynamics of these guys, under a spoiler in case it touches on books
I guess I'm mildly invested enough to want to know but not enough to buy/read Connor's or Tyler's books. a) was Troyler ever a thing? and b) when did Tronnor start? Was the chemistry/fandom around Troyler happening while Tronnor were actually dating? What a weird triangle. I wish these other fandoms had such dedicated timelines as the D&P early days one :lol:
this is all highly speculative and going of the trust that most of what they said is true
Connor stated in his book that he fell in love in late 2014 (if I remember correctly).
He also talked about his break-up and said that the relationship was two years long. The break-up seemed to have happened in early 2016 though, since Connor went with Troye on all of his first shows literally everywhere, but then for the second shows he didn't go and even seemed to "flee" him a bit (so when Troye was coming to LA, Connor was going to visit his brother and also stated so, even though they'd apparently not seen each other for ages, when before they constantly visited each other and fandom knew about their places in the world a lot and they seemed to never be apart for more than a month). also, there were many depressed and highly suggestive tweets of Connor's appearing at that time. so, if all of that was true, they might have started dating in early 2014 and Connor only realized his love a bit later, or they started dating later too and he just rounded up on the two years, or he lied about some dates in order to not make it too obvious, or they still "dated" but where in a heavy crisis in early 2016 but broke up officially a bit later. any of those are possible. (and probably more since i only know those things that they've made somewhat public, you know)

the big troyler flirtation was all throughout 2013 and most definitely early 2014, but it slowed down after that. the 2014 auguest collabs definitely had a different vibe than the highly highly flirty valentine's day collabs (aka boyfriend tag and face painting), and also connor was present while filming. things like italy (where there's footage that seems like troye is reaching for tyler's hand, or they're maybe kissing somewhere, and they were so flirty) and the troyler kiss on stage happened in april/may/june 2014.
(then after that auguest collab, there was later confirmed drama between connor and tyler, and in early 2015 also serious public coldness between tyler and troye. which was when i properly joined, so fun angsty times. good for fanfic writing though.)

tyler stated in binge that he had hookups during a youtube convention in hawaii in early 2014. he also seemed to date around during a lot of this time.
in binge he stays very clear of the shippy business, only talk about other hookups or relationships, and mentions troye a couple times as a good friend.
there's two interviews in june 2015, one where ty praises troye a lot as a friend, and another one where an interviewer (disgustingly so) pushes for a troyler answer and tyler states that they "are not together", but doesn't actually answer the question originally asked whether they were never romantic in any way. (http://youtu.be/vSud0NRm4gI?t=208)

oh dear god and then there's blue neighbourhood. with some songs that seem to only be possible about tyler, and have lyrics that seem like references to him. (while others are quite obviously about connor, like for him., OBVIOUSLY, or Blue, or Wild probably,...)
imo The Quiet is most definitely about Tyler. but so is maybe Fools. and idk, Troye did say that his lyrics shouldn't be taken too seriously, and that he's never written about Tyler, and his writing process was quite collaborative for some pieces it seems... but then there's the fact that despite all other lyrics being credited to him and Alex (important co-writer), The Quiet is only credited to him. and he seems like a person who highly guards his feelings and isn't afraid to lie to protect them. I think he's quite wary of letting people in so I take his words with a pinch of salt. (he's such a slytherin, honestly. so highly successful, so smart and witty, definitely loyal to family even though they're kinda problematic, and imo guarded against emotional stuff and yeah, not afraid to lie for that)

i am realizing how many things i actually know about the two/three of them and how much has happened, oh wow. there's also an interview where troye states completely unprompted that he "never dated tyler oakley not once, everyone thought we did for a really long time but we never did" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwRO3TxVm4)

my personal interpretation is that tyler and troye did have some sort of thing at some point in late 2013/early 2014, but that neither of them (dared to? wanted to?) make it into something proper. and that then connor came about and stated his feelings for troye much more clearly and they gave it a go and had some good times. and there was drama between connor and tyler, rumoured to be about some coming out stuff but maybe also influenced by this blooming relationship with tyler realizing he did actually wanted to have more with troye...? and then silence between those two as well, with then in mid 2015 troyler sometimes seen hanging out, and late 2015/early 2016 blessing us with, thank god, genuine friendly conler interaction, and for a short time actual tronler hanging out. so in my interpretation, tronnor reconciled with tyler and they hung out as a trio, but then tronnor broke up and tyler kind of sided with connor (at least it was silent between tyler and troye at this point, and being friends with both parties after a seemingly not very friendly breakup would be hard). and now tyler and troye seem friendly again and i hope so so much that tyler and connor still are friends too. if not imma have to yell at tyler for being so stubborn and a bit selfish, no offense, i love you tyler but please be a BIT more considerate and TALKATIVE FFS sometimes

okay wow sorry that was long. and it feels like it's only the tip of the iceberg. man i kinda miss fandom stuff still happening in that area, now i am so unphased (is that called respectful idk)

TL;DR i think tyler and troye were attracted to each other/maybe fooled around in 2013/early 2014, but then the tronnor relationship started and they again broke up in early 2016.
[x]
[x]
scientia
phabergé

fondsmiles wrote:
scientia wrote:blunt question about the dynamics of these guys, under a spoiler in case it touches on books
this is all highly speculative and going of the trust that most of what they said is true
Connor stated in his book that he fell in love in late 2014 (if I remember correctly).
He also talked about his break-up and said that the relationship was two years long. The break-up seemed to have happened in early 2016 though, since Connor went with Troye on all of his first shows literally everywhere, but then for the second shows he didn't go and even seemed to "flee" him a bit (so when Troye was coming to LA, Connor was going to visit his brother and also stated so, even though they'd apparently not seen each other for ages, when before they constantly visited each other and fandom knew about their places in the world a lot and they seemed to never be apart for more than a month). also, there were many depressed and highly suggestive tweets of Connor's appearing at that time. so, if all of that was true, they might have started dating in early 2014 and Connor only realized his love a bit later, or they started dating later too and he just rounded up on the two years, or he lied about some dates in order to not make it too obvious, or they still "dated" but where in a heavy crisis in early 2016 but broke up officially a bit later. any of those are possible. (and probably more since i only know those things that they've made somewhat public, you know)

the big troyler flirtation was all throughout 2013 and most definitely early 2014, but it slowed down after that. the 2014 auguest collabs definitely had a different vibe than the highly highly flirty valentine's day collabs (aka boyfriend tag and face painting), and also connor was present while filming. things like italy (where there's footage that seems like troye is reaching for tyler's hand, or they're maybe kissing somewhere, and they were so flirty) and the troyler kiss on stage happened in april/may/june 2014.
(then after that auguest collab, there was later confirmed drama between connor and tyler, and in early 2015 also serious public coldness between tyler and troye. which was when i properly joined, so fun angsty times. good for fanfic writing though.)

tyler stated in binge that he had hookups during a youtube convention in hawaii in early 2014. he also seemed to date around during a lot of this time.
in binge he stays very clear of the shippy business, only talk about other hookups or relationships, and mentions troye a couple times as a good friend.
there's two interviews in june 2015, one where ty praises troye a lot as a friend, and another one where an interviewer (disgustingly so) pushes for a troyler answer and tyler states that they "are not together", but doesn't actually answer the question originally asked whether they were never romantic in any way. (http://youtu.be/vSud0NRm4gI?t=208)

oh dear god and then there's blue neighbourhood. with some songs that seem to only be possible about tyler, and have lyrics that seem like references to him. (while others are quite obviously about connor, like for him., OBVIOUSLY, or Blue, or Wild probably,...)
imo The Quiet is most definitely about Tyler. but so is maybe Fools. and idk, Troye did say that his lyrics shouldn't be taken too seriously, and that he's never written about Tyler, and his writing process was quite collaborative for some pieces it seems... but then there's the fact that despite all other lyrics being credited to him and Alex (important co-writer), The Quiet is only credited to him. and he seems like a person who highly guards his feelings and isn't afraid to lie to protect them. I think he's quite wary of letting people in so I take his words with a pinch of salt. (he's such a slytherin, honestly. so highly successful, so smart and witty, definitely loyal to family even though they're kinda problematic, and imo guarded against emotional stuff and yeah, not afraid to lie for that)

i am realizing how many things i actually know about the two/three of them and how much has happened, oh wow. there's also an interview where troye states completely unprompted that he "never dated tyler oakley not once, everyone thought we did for a really long time but we never did" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwRO3TxVm4)

my personal interpretation is that tyler and troye did have some sort of thing at some point in late 2013/early 2014, but that neither of them (dared to? wanted to?) make it into something proper. and that then connor came about and stated his feelings for troye much more clearly and they gave it a go and had some good times. and there was drama between connor and tyler, rumoured to be about some coming out stuff but maybe also influenced by this blooming relationship with tyler realizing he did actually wanted to have more with troye...? and then silence between those two as well, with then in mid 2015 troyler sometimes seen hanging out, and late 2015/early 2016 blessing us with, thank god, genuine friendly conler interaction, and for a short time actual tronler hanging out. so in my interpretation, tronnor reconciled with tyler and they hung out as a trio, but then tronnor broke up and tyler kind of sided with connor (at least it was silent between tyler and troye at this point, and being friends with both parties after a seemingly not very friendly breakup would be hard). and now tyler and troye seem friendly again and i hope so so much that tyler and connor still are friends too. if not imma have to yell at tyler for being so stubborn and a bit selfish, no offense, i love you tyler but please be a BIT more considerate and TALKATIVE FFS sometimes

okay wow sorry that was long. and it feels like it's only the tip of the iceberg. man i kinda miss fandom stuff still happening in that area, now i am so unphased (is that called respectful idk)

TL;DR i think tyler and troye were attracted to each other/maybe fooled around in 2013/early 2014, but then the tronnor relationship started and they again broke up in early 2016.
THANK YOU! Oh wow this is exactly what I was looking for! I was invested in the late-2013/early-2014 youtube crowd but lost interest in 2015, so this covers exactly what I was missing. Nice that they seem to be more okay now - or at least conler for sure.