The Rest of the Foursome

fancybum
senpai

:dead: Space Trip. It was a fun few weeks, but I guess it's time to go back to regular scheduled programming.

Just for posterity:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I went to see Space Trip last night, was surprised I made it since my sciatic nerve/3 bulging discs problem flared up on Wednesday and the inflammation doesn’t like any weight put on it, leaving you leaning and other muscles hurting even more in trying to keep you upright. So I went out with a walking stick for the first time ever, interesting experience, and my lovely mum drove me to the station. Thank goodness I’m near a Piccadilly line station too, so no changes. It did hurt to walk, but I made it! I was happy, I’d resigned myself to having to miss it, but the pain had calmed down a bit yesterday morning.

Anyway. Got there and it was already past 6:30pm, usual theatre time to have people in the auditorium for a show starting at 7pm, but they were still checking tickets for a small queue of people outside, I guess since it’s a tiny theatre. Foyer was tiny and packed, half full of the merch queue. Soon got in and sat down. Funny moment as the two girls in my row that I needed to get past looked at me cluelessly, but asked if I was okay, which was nice.

I’d booked the ticket right as they went on sale, but still, minutes later row O was the best left, out of rows only back to Q. Sold out fricking quick. It seems Dan and Phil were on the tall, red usher stools in the corner, not the most comfortable looking, but maybe vampires (having to move under cover of darkness) can’t be choosers. Other YouTube friends came in from a side door and sat in the house seats (about 6 rows back). Those doors had fire exit signs above them so no way Deps could be smuggled in there.

The back curtains on the stage were lit in red and blue. Not sure how much more I can say outside of spoilers. It’s a fun, quite daft, show, with cardboard props and set, and a lot of 4th-wall breaking and silly jokes. I’m not sure it needs them or they really help it. Makes me wonder if they’re not confident the show works by itself, or maybe they didn’t think of that and just thought it was more fun this way.

They were all very good, especially PJ nearer the end.

So, spoiler time. Very spoilery, I remember a lot.

PJ plays himself in a snazzy silver jacket. He comes on to introduce the show and warns everyone about the slime cannon, but not to worry, there are hazard suits under the seats. Dean comes on with a note that they didn’t have the budget for any of that, too much went on the snazzy jacket. PJ has no regrets. Dean leaves and Bertie comes on, wanting to be called when he’s needed. PJ wants him to use his cues, Bertie suggests he work “Billy Bongo” into a sentence, and leaves. Then Chris comes on, gets the biggest cheer, and he and PJ have a mock sword/lightsaber fight. Some joke about taking their tops off and “the rumours” which got a big cheer, nice ship nod.

Story starts and PJ crashes his ship on planet Kazaam after Sophie runs onstage and hits the ship with an asteroid on a stick. PJ’s computer sounds like it’s voiced by Chris. Says it needs hours to fix. They’re in a swamp and the lights are now green. Bog appears, played by Dean, and takes PJ home because it’s nearly dark and very dangerous. They get there by walking into the audience and back, so the lights come back on. Joke about PJ being bitten and “I know he’s a snack, but”. At Bog’s place, he gives PJ some stew and then goes to sleep. PJ continues narrating the story so far. Goes to sleep and dreams of villain Penumbra, played by Chris in a horned helmet. Very bad omen. Bog kicks him out.

PJ ends up in a forest, meets the Roaming Gloam, played by Bertie in an outfit including stockings on his arms that keep slipping down. He nearly makes PJ fall asleep so he can eat him. PJ escapes when he finds his computer’s light hurts Gloam’s eyes. Wonders if there’s any way lots of light could help him and of course the audience gets its phone torches out. They keep making a joke about the wind being nice tonight whenever the audience cheers.

PJ meets someone Bog had told him was horrible, GrimBog, played by Chris. Says he’s preparing for a feast and helps PJ into a “bath” with an onion called Funion (Funky Onion) played by Dean, who’s very excited to be in a feast and fulfill his destiny. GrimBog goes to get salt and milk, pretending they’re for exfoliation and moisturising. Eventually Funion lets the truth slip and PJ escapes.

At some point PJ calls his son Brad who refuses to send him a ship battery. Also hasn’t fed his cat for 8 weeks.

PJ meets Lux, played by Bertie in a grey tracksuit covered in blue and white fairy lights (very effective when they turn all the other lights off), also wearing a visor. He helps PJ travel through time and space with the power of dance because he’s his friend and would never betray him. Dancing ensues and they meet BoBo, a character also in a horned helmet, played by Dean, on the mountain guarding the battery PJ needs for his ship. Penumbra appears, he’s their boss. He takes off his horned helmet and robes to reveal an eye-watering green shellsuit and his agenda of swapping bodies with PJ so he can return to Earth and destroy it. Was the one who named Kazaam on his arrival after being banished from Earth for, this is so gross, doing such a smelly poo on a plane that it had to make an emergency landing. PJ playing Penumbra was especially fun, as was Chris, but PJ swapping characters was great. Chris as PJ was fine too, but as the villain, Penumbra’s more fun.

Some more happens, mostly talking, and eventually they convince Penumbra to swap back. Pretty weak part, he was easily convinced. The battery gets destroyed, but Brad sent one after all. Also annoyingly convenient. There are some sad farewells (everyone except Lux wants to either go with PJ or have him stay), PJ leaves and heads home.
fancybum
senpai

It Lives: Bodes well? Meanwhile, PJ has had his appendix out: I don't usually watch PJ's doodle streams, but I caught one a few days ago
and had it on in the background. There were a few things I wanted to go back to timestamp, but it seems he's since deleted it. Whoops. So no quotes or timestamps, but some stuff I definitely remember:

-They didn't film Space Trip for YT (or anywhere). He said he did record their last show, just because, but only on one camera, just for him. He said something like it would have been nice to have the budget for multi-camera filming, or maybe in the future it would be nice, but it didn't sound like any plans were in the works, just a cool "what-if" he was talking about.

-When Chris was staying with him, they watched the new AHS, and because Chris hadn't yet seen it, they watched all of AHS Cult together (possibly before the new one premiered? not sure).

I don't think PJ mentioned it, but according to a post by Wiishu (jacksepticeye's ex-gf), she, PJ, Sophie, Felix, Marzia, and Chris all spent an evening together and watched Bake Off. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall in that room.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I don’t know how to post ig stories but PJ’s is hilarious.
He got id’ed buying a screwdriver
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:30 am I don’t know how to post ig stories but PJ’s is hilarious.
He got id’ed buying a screwdriver
Oh my god that's hilarious. I think someone somewhere wanted to make sure that no more axes were sold to children so they went overboard with the policies :lol:
fancybum
senpai

:happytears: Chris popped back up on twitch yesterday for about 2 hours. Always nice to know he's alive.
Said he just felt like it and maybe he'd be back (with one of his closing lines being "And if I don't see you before Christmas, you know... good."). Him coming back to stream is frankly the best xmas present (sidenote: an actual xmas present (for me, from me) in the form of my idbee mug showed up broken as hell and honestly if that is not the most fitting end to my 2018, IDK WHAT IS lmaoo).

Anyway if he's going to stick to his pattern of randomly popping up and being active for like a month or two before disappearing back into the void, then what better time than right when D&P's indefinite '''''hiatus'''''' begins.

I mean, I'm not expecting it because: Chris. But it would be nice.... :contentdrought:
fancybum
senpai

:love2:

5:35 (chat) I love your accent
“Obviously you guys knew I was in London before I had the breakdown, and now I’m in Harrogate, which is North Yorkshire. So I think what’s happened is I’ve reverted back to my original accent.”
-I just thought this was funny because in a twitch stream last week (?) somebody asked him if he was still living in Harrogate and he called them a stalker for ever knowing he was in Harrogate. But here he is just throwing it out there again.

13:40 (after talking about the lighting in the room) “This is boring, I don’t know why I’m telling you this. This is just the ins and outs of being a popular internet personality. God I’m lonely. But how can I be lonely with all you around? Funny enough, I’m still lonely.”

14:00 (chat) do you still make vids?
“I do still make vids. That’s why I’m doing this younow again, because I’m going to use you guys—I know that’s probably not the right language to use in this current climate—but I’m going to use you guys to kind of just come up with shit. So in a way, you’re kind of like cowriting any future videos, except you won’t be paid. You will not be paid.”

15:00 “Fuck sake. It’s back to basics, that’s the problem. I got so used to being a famous youtube star- I had everything. I had a big glass table at one point. Glass! It was made of glass, you could see your legs. Now look at me. I’m in my sister’s attic stinking of piss.”

19:28 (chat) I have a 3.5 page essay due tomorrow
“A 3 page essay. Why don’t you get on with it? Unless it’s about how social media brings out mental illness, if that is what your essay is about, then continue watching [this] ‘cause I think you’re about to get some really good research. Don’t worry, I’m fine, I’m fine. Oh, it’s history. Well, I suppose I could help you out. History, what do I know about history? Um. There was the— We’ll start from the beginning. God. That’s right, God. God created the heavens and the Earth… and, uh, from that point on, it’s just been shit. Just put that.”

27:56 “I’m sure everyone can really do an accent. You’ve just got to want it enough, do you know what I mean? I remember as a kid recording voices from The Simpsons and just trying to listen to it over and over again until I could do it.”

35:15 (chat) Interactive Introverts
“Interactive Introverts- I haven’t seen it. I haven’t seen it. Interact- no, I haven’t seen it. I know it’s out on bluray, isn’t it?”

(chat) do you watch Big Brother?
37:05 “They cancelled it, didn’t they, because it was too shit. I don’t watch Big Brother. I watched the first one when it was a kind of almost a weird scientific experiment, wasn’t it, like a social experiment. But after that, why bother? It’s just a bunch of twats in a building. There’s nothing you can gain from Big Brother, watching that. Read a book. Read the book about Big Brother. 1984. Read that. Read that over and over and over. That’s better than watching a single episode of trash tv. I have watched a lot of it, though.”

37:57 (chat) Have you read 1984?
“I have, yeah. I have read it, so I know what’s going on. There’s no way I’m letting cameras into my room— well there’s one there. Nevermind. I thought reading 1984 was keeping me ahead of the game, but I’m currently livestreaming myself in my own house. But I put my phone on aeroplane mode when I sleep. You’re not getting your wi-fi messages into my head, ya government bastards.”

40:10 (chat) can you show us your cat?
“She’s dead. She died. She’s not dead. But she’s not at this house. She’s an old, old cat and she wakes us all up in the middle of the night meowling. So I don’t want to give her a platform right now, do you know what I mean. I don’t want to give my cat a kind of online platform and then she’s just gonna get famous in her head and think she’s the bees knees. But she’s not. She’s a noisy, mangy cat.”
41:20 “But I love her, we all love her. My whole family loves this cat. We just kinda wish she’d move on. And she’s really old, she’s actually now older than the average lifespan of a cat and we’re just waiting for her- God please take her, she’s ready now.”

45:35 “I feel sorry for you all if you’re doing doing coursework and homework and stuff because it’s just bullshit. I can say that now, now that I’ve gone through the school system, I can tell you: it’s all bullshit. I say just quit, find something else to do. Shit, I’ve been told not to say that. No, ‘stay in school and don’t do drugs’, that’s the correct thing.”

47:20 “I haven’t written anything down either. This was supposed to be me trying to find some fucking YT ideas. It’s blank—I ain’t got one idea. I want to bring YT back- well not the website, it’s already back. I mean me, me on the website. I want to start making YT videos again but I just don’t know what about. Somebody tell me what to do. Just give me one idea for YT and I’ll do it, I’m that desperate now.”
-he goes on to roast all the ideas which… could be a video itself. I wish he’d stop overthinking it, he’s a font of entertainment as he is

1:00:45 “I just wanted to activate it and just kind of see if people were still here. If I was still relevant on younow. And I’m not.”

1:03:20 “But thanks for joining me. I don’t know how you guys can follow me on this or something, but please do, and then you might get alerted on when I’m back again. Although that just makes me think I’m some kind of like pervert that’s been put on a register. But you will be alerted when I go online near or around your community.”
jesp
why bother

I keep trying to get the other mods to turn idb in to a Chris Kendall forum, to try and get him some of the support he deserves, but they won't listen to me. Dan and Phil, pfft, Chris is where its at.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

jesp wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:47 pm I keep trying to get the other mods to turn idb in to a Chris Kendall forum, to try and get him some of the support he deserves, but they won't listen to me. Dan and Phil, pfft, Chris is where its at.
fake news, because i would have agreed.

lovely surprise @24:00 in tom's video:

i need moooooooore!!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Chris! :6-year-old dan:

He’s probably just visiting, but when I watched a bit of his stream I wondered if he might have a way of living in London again, way more audition opportunities afaik. Be great to see him in whatever they might be collabing on, if they are. They were both in the bdsm/sex shop web series, but :shrug:
fancybum
senpai

Why has nobody posted CHRIS in a TOMSKA sketch today??

The fact that nobody has put Chris in a show is just more proof the universe is cold and meaningless, as if any more was needed. Look at his CHARISMA. AND HIS FACE. PUT IT ON NETFLIX.

Ok enough caps. I don’t even have strong thoughts on the sketch itself but I am struck at the talent that just exudes from Chris, whatever he’s doing. Is that too much? He’s just good and so naturally funny. I want to shake my fist at something about it.

:boredwank:

wait no not like that
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

He really is just genuinely good. He's probably the best natural actor out of that whole little OG genre of youtubers, and I share your outrage and concern that no one has given him a bigger break.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, I loved seeing him in this too. The way he enters the frame, such a little thing, but so funny. I highkey hope he might find a way to move back to London and get auditioning, assuming he'd want to, idk. I don't suppose Tom or any of his friends has a room for rent, but if he's gotta work retail, he can do it in London as easily as up north (she says, having had the most fun time ever finding jobs) if he can find a cheap room to rent.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

why? :?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:(

Could they just like......... not restock........ because they're adding MORE........... new stuff............. to go with Chris's new projects....... that I want to exist. Please.
kavat
pastel persona

There's some lovely bloopers of Chris right at the beginning of this!
fancybum
senpai

It’s happening!! Will he tell us his cat died again?? Will he spon the decaying corpse that is his merch shop?? I can’t wait :6-year-old dan:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

omg!!! I was about to post the same. I’m legit so excited about this!

All these comebacks in DnP’s absence are giving me life.

:happytears:
fancybum
senpai

I just listened to his last video (Feb 28 last year!) and omg I forgot all the plans he was making lmao - uploading on his main, putting gaming stuff on his second channel, Patreon - and that was the only vid he posted all year. Oh, Chris. I’m curious how ambitious he’ll come off this time around.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

I realize fully that this might just be the yearly 'gonna try to come back' video that nothing amounts from, but. It's so nice to see his face on my youtube sub feed.
fancybum
senpai

I think the amount of work he put in compared to his last attempts that were just talk-to-the-camera (minus green screen! and editing!) bode very well. Revamped Crabstickz show! He’s doing it!

(Lol I wish he didn’t do it right when I got to work so I can’t fully appreciate it for like 7 more hours but just listening to it made me so happy :happytears: )
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

:happytears: I feel like I always forget how much I miss him until we get a peep from him. I loved that, and I do hope he sticks around for a bit because that was just lovely. A great way for me to start my morning tbh.
intoapuddle
spork

That was a fun video! I liked the description he put under it as well lol. He promoted both his patreon and twitch channel in the description which I find interesting.

I think he might stick around a bit longer this time around since he's got a setup and everything which is different to the last couple "comebacks", but I can't really see him become a full time youtuber again any time soon.

Then again, who knows? (history knows) He might surprise us all. (but probably won't)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I always knew Cornelia had taste.
fancybum
senpai

Don’t mind me, just currently FROTHING AT THE MOUTH at the idea of seeing Chris in any kind of group setting again, interacting with more than just a webcam.

(But also if he feels like interacting with a webcam some more anytime soon, I wouldn’t be opposed just saying)