The Rest of the Foursome

loststars
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

I love PJ, he really IS creative. His side channel videos and his voice in general are so soothing

I like how prominent the London tatinof photos are :)

(c)itscomicdans
fancybum
senpai

Ahhh Chris is back and being lovely and I'm missing it because I'm at work. But yay! Only snippet of info I caught worth sharing is he's maybe really trying to go to vidcon this year. Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to catch up.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
fancybum
senpai

This was a good show! He didn't even really explain his disappearance after the last one but that's kind of how he rolls, so whatever. Just glad he's back!

Janky summary under the cut:
4:40 - “We did 4 or 5 younows in a row and then I kind of... I didn’t lose interest, I kind of wandered off. There was a squirrel down the road that distracted me for about a week…”
Might just do an hour a day after tea (6pmish) - “I feel like that could work but who knows”

-He’s been eating healthier the past week and went for a run today.

“Why don’t you go to Vidcon?"
Planning on. It’s in the works, sorting it out. Very strange how big LA is. I think I’d be better in LA [because of the sun].
“I’ll be there unless something goes terribly, terribly wrong.”

About meetups:
“I’d rather be at home online where I can’t smell, taste, or touch you. This digital barrier keeps me safe from assassins that want to kill me, make a name for themselves by bringing down Crabstickz.”

23:15 - "To be honest I don’t ship anything. I just watch the TV and take the stories as is. I don’t feel the need to become emotionally invested in fictional characters.”

34:50 - chat: “are PJ and Sophie dating?”
"Well seeing as that’s personal info about people who aren’t me, I have no right in saying so. You’ll have to ask the man himself. Or the woman. My god, this isn’t a gossip site."

[Guested somebody, had to skip through because I CAN’T TAKE IT AND I REFUSE TO.]

around 51:00
Getting back into anime [after ‘going off’ it for a few years] because he found Crunchyroll. “Anime’s really good, but I’m really desperate to find slightly grown-up anime (I don’t mean hentai), anime dealing with other things apart from goblins. I’m not sitting through 500 eps of Yu-gi-oh, I’m nearly 30 years old.”

Likes Evangelion because it has “bigger themes”.

Genius Party - 7 animated shorts that is sort of like an anime Black Mirror
“It’s cool you should watch it, it’s on Netflix”

55ish
I can tell you exactly what’s going to happen if we meet in real life: the first thing you’ll say is, “I didn’t think you’d be so tall, you’re taller than I thought you’d be! Bye!”
It’s too much travel just to be told I’m tall.

"I kind of like the idea of just doing an hour a day [of younow]". Probably around 6pm. He’s not going to tweet it out all the time, he’ll just be there or not.

1:00:00
watched Age of Ultron and liked it. Likes the second Matrixes; doesn’t understand the harsh/negative opinions people have of some movies.

-Ordered an ethernet cable for twitch so there’s less lag.

-Feels responsible for wasting people’s time with 4 hour long broadcasts (“some of you are actually sat here watching them”) which is another reason he’s going to try just hour-long shows.

“Oh! A great questions has come in! 'What happened to the fantastic foursome?'
Nothing happened. It’s just a thing that happened four years ago. Nothing happened. It doesn’t exist."

"Watch Good Morning Call, it’s on Netflix, it’s Japanese. It made me cry the other day."

His childhood cat died [the cat in the Bad Vet video, got cancer], but he didn’t even cry at that. 6 years ago.

-Doesn’t understand what happens when he accepts/declines premium messages (lol, if he accepts them, it costs us money- declining/ignoring doesn’t charge, come on Chris)

1:11 “Gerard Way? Who cares!”

“Maybe I should ring my sister after this; I spend more time with you than I do with my family.”

msg: RIP Oren [his cat]
“It’s sad when a pet dies… but it’s not as sad as Japanese drama-- I really need to go to therapy to find out what that’s about.” :lol:

-Someone told him that declining premium messages gives the bars back.

1:18 chat: "Show me your socks you queen"
Shows his bare foot lol.

“I’m basically just addicted to this attention. I’m going to end up not even doing YT videos, I’ll just do younow."
[Doing too much tumblr/twitter, you become a little bit sad because you don’t recognize the screen as a person, younow is better for some kind of interaction, everybody should start their own broadcasts.]

1:21-end: (disturbing Trump impression)
His show tomorrow will be 6pm-7pm (UK time) on the dot. so he says
jess
living flop

I caught bits & pieces of today's show. If Chris's mom was/is actually watching, that is goddamn amazing.
daphenaxa
blobfish

fancybum wrote: 1:11 “Gerard Way? Who cares!”
that part actually had me dying. That was so funny. And i was YES SLAY THAT. (I wish Dan could get inspired by Chris. No one cares about those 3 bands the chat keeps asking about)

I watched today some bits. the book talk was really interesting. Chris is reading one book a day apparently (because David Bowie used to!). The "guilty pleasure" movies conversation was also really funny and I liked how he talked about that pasta sauce imitation competition he won to win the trip to Italy. Didn't see everything though as I had to go buy food.

He was also kinda savaged with Dan tbh. Asked if he watched Dan's animé video, he said he never watches Dan's videos and watches videos for boys (which i find a bit insulting tbh)

all in all :thumb: good liveshow. I hope he really does a liveshow for the eurovision. I would watch the crap out of that.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
fancybum
senpai

daphenaxa wrote:
fancybum wrote: 1:11 “Gerard Way? Who cares!”
that part actually had me dying. That was so funny. And i was YES SLAY THAT. (I wish Dan could get inspired by Chris. No one cares about those 3 bands the chat keeps asking about)

all in all :thumb: good liveshow. I hope he really does a liveshow for the eurovision. I would watch the crap out of that.
Agreed, it was a really good liveshow today. (And yesss I really hope he gets Jimmy to come round for eurovision). I found the show really relaxing? He basically talked about books and reading for an hour, but it was kind of soothing to have on in the background. I also wish Dan would take some pointers from Chris, beyond just being bluntly honest about not giving a fuck about some questions. I love how open Chris is and I really loved his comments on desiring representation in the media he consumes:

Around 1:02:
Talking about fav books: Probably his favourite is Picture of Dorian Gray and said he re-read Mark Gatiss’s books (Lucifer Box series):
It’s a bit like Sherlock meets Doctor Who and he’s a bisexual character as well, so… This is the thing about books, you’re more likely to find a book that has more... that you’re more interested in, than a film. You know how they say every film has been done now and there’s no more stories to tell— well, no, there’s hundreds of stories to tell, it’s just that Hollywood never tells them. Why is there not a movie that’s about a gay James Bond? Why isn’t there a movie about lesbian cowboys saving a village? Why isn’t there a story about a transgendered space marine? There’s loads of stories we haven’t had yet! But that’s because Hollywood doesn’t make them.

I think what I’ve started to realize about movies and stuff is that I’m told it’s supposed to be a good movie. But I’ve never seen a synopsis of a movie that’s made me go “Oh my god this movie was made for me, I need to see this movie”. It’s always a bland kind of story. Even if it’s done really well, it’s always the same kind of stuff, isn’t it? A good straight white guy saves something from something or other. I don’t know, I like really weird movies, and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of those.
[Talks about liking Rubber, about a murderous car tire and Suspiria, an Italian movie about a ballet school of witches].
We get these kind of things from Dan to an extent, but he plays it safe by keeping himself out of the conversation like when he was talking about how cool it is that the new Star Wars has a woman and a black man as the two leads and how nice that is for little girls and whatever. Here Chris talks about how a bisexual character is more interesting/identifiable for him to read about. It's really refreshing and nice.

Also I haven't watched NG Evangelion but I know from reading here that it's got a bisexual main character (right?) and that's why people want Dan to talk more about it and why he likes it etc, so I find it interesting that Chris has mentioned it's his fav anime every time the chat asks. He hasn't mentioned anything specific about the characters though, just that it's a more grown-up anime.
daphenaxa wrote:He was also kinda savaged with Dan tbh. Asked if he watched Dan's animé video, he said he never watches Dan's videos and watches videos for boys (which i find a bit insulting tbh)
Meh, I'm always on the lookout for his Dan mentions and this one felt like normal joking around to me. His actual quote in response to "Did you watch Dan's anime vids?":
I don’t watch any of Dan’s vids. I don’t watch any of his ssstupid vids. I mean obviously I watch them all at least 5 or 6 times, but I’m not a fangirl. I watch videos for boys like um.. like IGN and shit.
Sounds like he's just fucking around; he mentioned at some point that he grew up with two sisters and that's why he's so "girly" lol, so I don't see him seriously trying to affirm his masculinity through preferred youtube video genres.

I'm really loving the liveshows but also wonder when he'll get around to throwing a YT vid up somewhere (even on his second channel). Where is he getting money for rent??
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Bless you, fancybum, for getting down all of the bisexuals-in-the-media rant. I was listening to that and cheering him on so hard.

I think his Dan videos thing was half joke, half serious. He didn't seem to have much recognition with the anime video itself and I would think Dan's video all about watching anime for hot guys would have evoked a response from Chris. So I don't actually think he watched it, or watches most of Dan and Phil's stuff, but I also think he didn't want to come across like he was savaging Dan.

I hope the money incentive for younow keeps him going on it regularly. The partner program wants two videos a week, and he just needs to keep an average of 450 views per video. He can do that for sure.
daphenaxa
blobfish

honestly 2 videos a week is a lot. Chris's pattern is usually something like a video every day for a week and then 2 months with nothing at all. So i am not really believing in him regularly continuing with younow and getting into the partner program. But i really enjoy it and I hope he continues as much as possible. He seems to like it and he is very interesting to listen to.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
esso
spork

fancybum wrote:
Also I haven't watched NG Evangelion but I know from reading here that it's got a bisexual main character (right?) and that's why people want Dan to talk more about it and why he likes it etc, so I find it interesting that Chris has mentioned it's his fav anime every time the chat asks. He hasn't mentioned anything specific about the characters though, just that it's a more grown-up anime.
[offtopic]The appeal of NGE isn't that Shinji is possibly a bisexual main character (Shinji's sexuality is a hotly debated topic). He's pretty psychologically fucked up and the show deals with a lot of darker/deeper themes than your standard cute boy anime. Some of characters may be struggling with mental illnesses and there's a lot of cross-cultural mythology intertwined in the show. I would say the largest appeal of the characters would be in discussing their emotional struggles (and I could see this as a reason why Chris likes it).

I agree I would love to have Chris and Dan talk more about it, partly because NGE is one of my favorite anime shows as well. (sorry for a bit of anime nerd rant! :D )[/offtopic]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I hope fancybum comes along with a better summary but the two most interesting parts of Chris on younow today to me:

Do you like fanfic? "To be honest, it's all up to you. Go crazy, I say. But I don't sit and read it, because it would send me mad, probably."

Are you Dan or Phil? "I wish I'd never done videos with Dan and Phil. It's like I'm just in their shadow now. I'm just a poor man's Dan and Phil. I'm not as talented as PJ. I'm not as good looking as Dan. I'm not as cute as AmazingPhil. What am I? What's my part in the fantastic foursome? What do I do? What am I here for? You broke me. I'm a broken man. Ah, well. Fuck it."

The last part wasn't really said in that dark or grim of a tone but he answered so quickly that it indicates to me it's definitely something that was already rattling around in his brain.
hunnyftw
phabergé

On the are you Dan or Phil question: If he answered quickly then I definitely agree that there must be some truth in it. And wow, the qualities that he picked for each of them are definitely interesting and a little bit insulting imo, even if they were said in a joking manner (I didn't watch it).
Obviously, if you decide to characterise a person as "A" you're not saying that "A" is their only quality, but nevertheless you are heavily implying that it's their major trait. So Dan's major trait is that he's good-looking? And Phil is just cute? Wow. That's a little bit, for lack of a better word, objectifying. Maybe he was speaking about their online personas... but that would be inconsistent of him because he classified PJ as talented which is definitely a real-person trait and not a persona trait.
There's definitely room for some armchair psychology here: why did he choose these particular qualities? What does it say about him? probably that he's terribly insecure and tries to cover it up with jokes, what's new, right? What does it say about these people? (fuck knows really) I would love to overanalyse it to death when I have some time to think about it more, but this kind of overanalysis is probably one of the things that contributed to him saying that he's a broken man :lol:
notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

hunnyftw wrote:On the are you Dan or Phil question: If he answered quickly then I definitely agree that there must be some truth in it. And wow, the qualities that he picked for each of them are definitely interesting and a little bit insulting imo, even if they were said in a joking manner (I didn't watch it).
Obviously, if you decide to characterise a person as "A" you're not saying that "A" is their only quality, but nevertheless you are heavily implying that it's their major trait. So Dan's major trait is that he's good-looking? And Phil is just cute? Wow. That's a little bit, for lack of a better word, objectifying. Maybe he was speaking about their online personas... but that would be inconsistent of him because he classified PJ as talented which is definitely a real-person trait and not a persona trait.
There's definitely room for some armchair psychology here: why did he choose these particular qualities? What does it say about him? probably that he's terribly insecure and tries to cover it up with jokes, what's new, right? What does it say about these people? (fuck knows really) I would love to overanalyse it to death when I have some time to think about it more, but this kind of overanalysis is probably one of the things that contributed to him saying that he's a broken man :lol:
I don't think it's insulting,it just reflects the reality and the main reason for their popularity. Dan is/was often refered as hot, Phil as cute and PJ as talented because when you go on their channel supposedely it's what first comes to mind. That doesn't mean it's their primary quality, just the most obvious one if you know nothing about them at all. Obviously not everyone feels that way. But y'know. In a boysband, each member has something that define them and the ffs was no exception. Of course when you take time to scratch the surface, other things appear.
felucca
truth bomb

^ Definitely. And going by that explanation it's easy to see why Chris would doubt himself and wonder what he brings to the table - what's he known for in the boyband of the foursome, what's his draw? Which in a way is a really silly question because life doesn't work like that, but in another way a very valid question because life totally works that way.

fancybum thank you so much for your summaries, they keep me going until I can find the time to watch the liveshows.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
fancybum
senpai

esso wrote:
[offtopic]The appeal of NGE isn't that Shinji is possibly a bisexual main character (Shinji's sexuality is a hotly debated topic). He's pretty psychologically fucked up and the show deals with a lot of darker/deeper themes than your standard cute boy anime. Some of characters may be struggling with mental illnesses and there's a lot of cross-cultural mythology intertwined in the show. I would say the largest appeal of the characters would be in discussing their emotional struggles (and I could see this as a reason why Chris likes it).

I agree I would love to have Chris and Dan talk more about it, partly because NGE is one of my favorite anime shows as well. (sorry for a bit of anime nerd rant! :D )[/offtopic]
! Thank you for clearing that up; I'm not a huge anime watcher (though I maybe used Dan's free trial and watched Erased & Your Lie in April..) but I'm definitely going to look into that show soon since it's so highly recommended from all corners. Consider me intrigued.

And thanks guys for the nice words on my summarising, it sucks I can't watch these live anymore (adjusting to some job/life changes recently le sigh), but I'm loving them and they're keeping me sane occupied which is good rn.

So... summary? Summary:
[While I do get frustrated with all the phan in the comments, I'm basically a hypocrite because I live for his comments on them, and always want him to say more. But with that said I'm going to put all D&P mentions at the end.]

chat: Why aren’t you making videos?

-He's warming up to it: one of those 'classic creative blocks'. Younow is helping him get over the creative block by ‘freestyling’ (or is it really just a form of procrastination.. idk).

-He wears contact lenses! I’ve seen him in glasses but hey, contact lenses confirmed

Has his window open: “if the noise of traffic disturbs you.. trigger warning”

11:20 - Went to a pub with a Spanish youtuber (“Look at me, I’m networking!" -not clear if it was intentional or they just ran into each other there?)

“It’s weird, she’s from Barcelona or some shit, and they have the same kind of YT world over there; they have YT drama, YT couples that are really famous, they’ve got all sorts going on except we don’t even know about it. [going on about similarities]. It’s just very strange to know that the world is a big place. It’s just patterns repeating isn’t it, really? We’re not as individual as we think we are.”

Looking through his subscriptions:
20:00 - recommends subscribing to a YT channel called ‘school of life’ because they do animated vids about deep things (how to deal with depression etc).

He follows Drama Alert ('so what? sue me') he likes a bit of drama. “I mean, it’s not a great channel, but..”

22:00 - "I can’t watch YT videos anym— at the moment. It makes me not work, you know? Everybody’s making so many videos that I’m… makes you a bit depressed, makes you think ‘oh jesus everybody’s doing so well but—"

chat: "Shane Dawson is still a thing?"

Of course he is. He’s one of the old school guys. You should have lots of respect for the old YTers whether they’re relevant now or not because it’s a very difficult job. I know a lot of people don’t say it is, I know the newspapers don’t say it is, but it’s a very mentally straining job. Someone like Shane has been doing it so long that for the love of God, the fact that he hasn’t gone crazy yet or shot someone should be applauded. Especially he’s someone who’s changing with the times-- “You’re gay” says [someone in chat], thank you. I’ll take that as a compliment you bastard.”
(He watches Drew too )

24:00 Someone said they make their coworkers watch his videos:

“Please don’t do that, that’s basically torture. Not a lot of people get my humour because there isn’t much to get. It’s basically just an online breakdown.”

30:30 - chat: "did you ever have an emo phase?"

“No, I didn’t. The thing with me is I’ve never had a phase of anything. I’ve basically been like this my entire life.”

Talking about how funny the movie ‘Kung Pow’ is: “it’s one of Tomska’s favourite films which we've bonded over"

3210: Olan Rogers might be the best youtuber:

“He really loves his fans, really dedicated. He gets very emotional when he talks about YT, he’s not one of these people in it for the money, he wants to make really good content for his fans.”

55:20 - any advice on how to come out as bi?

“I found it was quite easy to do it in a song. Quickest way is to do it along your street like a Broadway number. In all seriousness, you just say it, don’t you? I just like to drop it into conversation. Bi! People think I’m leaving.”

-Bless his shitty internet that guesting isn’t working. Oh he tried again and it almost worked.

59:30 - “I’m going to ring Sky tomorrow. I can’t do twitch, I can’t do younow, uploading a video takes about 2 hours. It’s embarrassing, I need to sort it out. Fuck it, I’ll pay anything for better internet. I bet Dan Howell has better internet than me, I should just go to his house—" [LAG GODDAMMIT]

1:01 notices his mum is watching and asks her to put a comment in the chat “or maybe it’s my little sister on her computer.” Adorable. They didn’t send a comment though.

1:08:20 - fanfic talk

1:12:30 going with him to make coffee. His fridge was just left wide open the whole time wtf that’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

1:15 literally watching water boil and somehow I’m entertained.

1:18 kitchen dancing, life is good

1:45ish depression talk:
Personally I find for me that a lot of the things that make me depressed are actually thoughts inside my own head that have no bearing. It’s almost like they’re lies. Lies inside your mind that you believe in for no reason, but you just believe in them because they’re your own thoughts. And for some reason we believe anything we say.
1:46 - do you support lgbt?

“Of course I do.” burps “Of course I do, I support them every day in my bed.”
That one got me good. :lol:

ahead:

Very early in the stream:
chat: I’m seeing D&P tomorrow
"How are you seeing Dan & Phil? Are you one of their stalkers?"

4:00: “Straight away: 'what happened to the fantastic foursome?' Every time. Umm.. we got sued by the Fantastic Four. Yeah. Stan Lee said you can’t do the ‘fantastic foursome’ so we had to cancel it didn’t we? It’s over!”

7:50: talking about his merch/signed posters: “I spent two bloody nights trying to work out my signature like some kind of psychopath— it’s quite funny because I remember being at vidcon and some fans tried to get all the “fantastic foursome” signatures on one pic, and I’m the only one with a fancy autograph. Like Dan, Phil and PJ literally just write their names out like children, like 8 year olds!”

“‘Just wanted to say hi you’re amazing’ says Dan and Phil’s Love. Bit of an odd username. That’s a bit odd.”

1:26:33 - ‘are you dan or phil’
alittledizzy already quoted his response and yeah, he says it all in a theatrical monologue way. Lol he stumbled a bit looking for a descriptor for Phil though, interesting. I would say that 93% of his Dan mentions always pertain to Dan's appearance (hotness and desirability). I always find it innnteresting but then I think of his ask.fm response about Dan being a huge dork when you expect him to be cool. Obviously they never got that close as friends, but I’d love to hear more about what he thinks of Dan’s personality rather than just his looks. I guess just joking about his attractiveness is the easier thing to do though.

14700 sigh -chat: do you ship phan?

“Do I ship phan? What does that mean?”
I'd call that a nice and gassy liveshow lol, lots of interesting YT talk. He said he’ll be back tomorrow at 6pm "possibly with a special guest". …Jimmy?
Oh he just said it’s not Jimmy ha. Hmm.
timtam
lady door

Thanks for the summaries fancybum. I don't really have time (or the desire really) to watch younows. I do hope this helps him make some more videos on youtube though!
fancybum wrote: 1:45ish depression talk:
Personally I find for me that a lot of the things that make me depressed are actually thoughts inside my own head that have no bearing. It’s almost like they’re lies. Lies inside your mind that you believe in for no reason, but you just believe in them because they’re your own thoughts. And for some reason we believe anything we say.
That is some remarkably good insight from Chris there. I hope that if he actually feels like this he's going to see a psychologist or similar.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

fancybum wrote:
I love how open Chris is and I really loved his comments on desiring representation in the media he consumes:

Around 1:02:
Talking about fav books: Probably his favourite is Picture of Dorian Gray and said he re-read Mark Gatiss’s books (Lucifer Box series):
It’s a bit like Sherlock meets Doctor Who and he’s a bisexual character as well, so… This is the thing about books, you’re more likely to find a book that has more... that you’re more interested in, than a film. You know how they say every film has been done now and there’s no more stories to tell— well, no, there’s hundreds of stories to tell, it’s just that Hollywood never tells them. Why is there not a movie that’s about a gay James Bond? Why isn’t there a movie about lesbian cowboys saving a village? Why isn’t there a story about a transgendered space marine? There’s loads of stories we haven’t had yet! But that’s because Hollywood doesn’t make them.

I think what I’ve started to realize about movies and stuff is that I’m told it’s supposed to be a good movie. But I’ve never seen a synopsis of a movie that’s made me go “Oh my god this movie was made for me, I need to see this movie”. It’s always a bland kind of story. Even if it’s done really well, it’s always the same kind of stuff, isn’t it? A good straight white guy saves something from something or other. I don’t know, I like really weird movies, and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of those.
[Talks about liking Rubber, about a murderous car tire and Suspiria, an Italian movie about a ballet school of witches].
We get these kind of things from Dan to an extent, but he plays it safe by keeping himself out of the conversation like when he was talking about how cool it is that the new Star Wars has a woman and a black man as the two leads and how nice that is for little girls and whatever. Here Chris talks about how a bisexual character is more interesting/identifiable for him to read about. It's really refreshing and nice.
All I want to say is, bless you Chris. Bless you. I want you to come back to YouTube and hit us with your unapologetically bisexual realness. I wish Dan could be this straightforward with his audience. :( He's summed up so much about how I personally feel about representation.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
iero
phabergé

I wish I'd never done videos with Dan and Phil. It's like I'm just in their shadow now. I'm just a poor man's Dan and Phil. I'm not as talented as PJ. I'm not as good looking as Dan. I'm not as cute as AmazingPhil. What am I? What's my part in the fantastic foursome? What do I do? What am I here for? You broke me. I'm a broken man. Ah, well. Fuck it.
this makes me sad. i see why he would start questioning himself- with the popularity of dan and phil, same with pj and the fact he regularly uploads.

whenever i watch foursome vids he never seems in the background to me. they all have different personalities that stand out in different ways, chris included. e.g they're all funny but when i watch videos of them together chris always stood out to me as the funniest one. his humour stands out imo, and the way he's humorously blunt and honest. i find him very enjoyable to watch.

i just wish he'd upload regularly. i imagine him to easily gain more popularity if he had a regular upload schedule, but i get the vibe that he finds difficulty doing that for whatever reason. which fair enough, i wouldn't want him to force himself into something he's uncomfortable with. i just wish he wouldn't doubt himself. many people enjoy his videos/live shows and he has potential to go further.
felucca
truth bomb

I love Chris' little speech about movies and books and finding yourself in them. Makes me wish I could sit him down for a cup of tea and just talk about that for an hour or two.

It's a bit ironic, isn't it, to hear those thoughts coming from a youtuber - a youtuber who wonders what he brings to the table. He's saying he can't find himself in movies, while at the same time he has the freedom (and the audience) to upload anything he wants to Youtube and have other people watch it and relate to him. Other people who perhaps can't find themselves in other youtubers, let alone movies. (Look at all of us being so thirsty for him to just exist!) He could literally be that representation he can't find.

About the fantastic foursome. I remember not knowing anything about Chris and PJ yet, and watching the Italy videos for the first time and getting my first impressions from there. And I remember thinking when watching this video that Dan, Phil and PJ all laughed so heartily at Chris' contributions - that they even seemed to anticipate him to be good - and it just made me feel like he was probably the person among them that they considered to be the funniest in real life.

Edit: Oh, apparently 18% of the crabstickz viewers are male? That's quite high isn't it?
(link to where he says it) (i'm catching up on the April liveshows)
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
fancybum
senpai

fancybum wrote:He said he’ll be back tomorrow at 6pm "possibly with a special guest"

Oh so his special guest would have been Sean Joseph Young, but they didn't get around to younow I guess. (Chris comes in at 1:15 of the vid). Probably better to socialise normally with a friend than as a show for a bunch of strangers though, so I'm fine with the lack of liveshow. (Although watching that video just made me want him to make a YT one because he looks even better on a not-crappy webcam. We're being deprived of high-quality Chris).
felucca wrote:And I remember thinking when watching this video that Dan, Phil and PJ all laughed so heartily at Chris' contributions - that they even seemed to anticipate him to be good - and it just made me feel like he was probably the person among them that they considered to be the funniest in real life.
Yeah his comments about what he contributes to the FF bummed me out a little even though it was said in jest (but in the kind of way where you joke about what you really think..). He called PJ more talented, but surely he mainly means 'as a filmmaker'. Chris, to me, is the most talented as an entertainer and comedian. He's so effortless at being hilarious with even the most offhand remarks, and (more impressive to me) when talking about serious things. Doesn't he consider that talent? He's even said himself that he has no interest in doing what PJ does (directing and all that), he just wants to act. So comparing himself to qualities in someone he doesn't even want is pointless. Honestly as much as I do like to hear him talk about D&P (and PJ), I wish he'd stop acknowledging the questions if it really is hitting a nerve with him. Obviously he's got an actual history with them, but at the same time, people who have never met them get pestered about them as well ('do you ship phan' etc), so I hope Chris isn't using it as proof that people are only interested in him for D&P.

Me being part of the problem:
With all of his talk about going to Vidcon this year (and it sounds like he means it), I'm having weird yearnings for him to go see tatinof. No youtubers went to the Playlist show, but do you think they'll invite some of them to the Vidcon one (like they did with the last show in London)? Like do another afterparty thing and all of that? Cereal Time is doing a show from Vidcon, so Jimmy will be there (is PJ going? - I just looked on the Vidcon website and yes he's going and premiering a new short film that I didn't know was a thing, so that's cool):
Vidcon wrote:PJ Liguori hosts the world premiere of his brand new pilot show, from the creative team that brought you ‘Oscar’s Hotel for Fantastical Creatures’. The brand new surreal fantasy-comedy series ‘Hair and Brimstone’ follows the workers of an independent hair salon, who cater to a mixture of humans and mythical beings, right next to a gateway to the underworld. A Q&A will follow the screening.
Was anybody in the loop on this? Who's in it...
DryCereal
koi pond

fancybum wrote:(is PJ going? - I just looked on the Vidcon website and yes he's going and premiering a new short film that I didn't know was a thing, so that's cool):
Vidcon wrote:PJ Liguori hosts the world premiere of his brand new pilot show, from the creative team that brought you ‘Oscar’s Hotel for Fantastical Creatures’. The brand new surreal fantasy-comedy series ‘Hair and Brimstone’ follows the workers of an independent hair salon, who cater to a mixture of humans and mythical beings, right next to a gateway to the underworld. A Q&A will follow the screening.
Well, said they were doing some more voice acting stuff a little while ago, but wouldn't say what it was for...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

fancybum wrote:
fancybum wrote:He said he’ll be back tomorrow at 6pm "possibly with a special guest"

Oh so his special guest would have been Sean Joseph Young, but they didn't get around to younow I guess. (Chris comes in at 1:15 of the vid). Probably better to socialise normally with a friend than as a show for a bunch of strangers though, so I'm fine with the lack of liveshow. (Although watching that video just made me want him to make a YT one because he looks even better on a not-crappy webcam. We're being deprived of high-quality Chris).
I've been lowkey shipping him with Sean Joseph Young ever since they did some non-staged videos together back in 2014, when they were also flatmates. They have good chemistry and they seem to get along well together. I think he's bisexual too, based on this video (the use of neutral gender pronoun and my own intuition ever since I first saw him)

But, yeah they're probably p-l-a-t-o-n-i-c anyway.
fancybum
senpai

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
fancybum wrote:(is PJ going? - I just looked on the Vidcon website and yes he's going and premiering a new short film that I didn't know was a thing, so that's cool):
Well, said they were doing some more voice acting stuff a little while ago, but wouldn't say what it was for...
Ooh maybe, but then they seemed hesitant about whether their fans would be into watching it or not and that doesn't really make sense if it's a PJ project (which is why some people were speculating it being something for children or on BBC3 or something). They know they share audience with PJ/Chris.. Oh and they said it was animated, this doesn't say anything about being animated. But I do hope they pop up in it somewhere! Chris said a few liveshows ago that PJ had been trying to get him involved in something, but it would be too late for it to be this right? Surely this is filmed by now. And I think in one of his car vlogs, PJ mentioned he's been working on something he can't talk too much about, so I guess it's this.. These people, always with the secrecy. Sigh.

edit:
notworthreading wrote: I've been lowkey shipping him with Sean Joseph Young ever since they did some non-staged videos together back in 2014, when they were also flatmates. They have good chemistry and they seem to get along well together. I think he's bisexual too, based on this video (the use of neutral gender pronoun and my own intuition ever since I first saw him)
Saaame tbh, but SJY talks a lot about dating on twitter and it seems like he's always talking about women, so idk. I didn't know they lived together at some point though, so thanks for that! I really like Two Housemates and SJY himself (I find him very Simon Amstell-y in a good way) so I hope he and Chris can work together more in the future, their humour works well together.
notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

fancybum wrote:
notworthreading wrote: I've been lowkey shipping him with Sean Joseph Young ever since they did some non-staged videos together back in 2014, when they were also flatmates. They have good chemistry and they seem to get along well together. I think he's bisexual too, based on this video (the use of neutral gender pronoun and my own intuition ever since I first saw him)
Saaame tbh, but SJY talks a lot about dating on twitter and it seems like he's always talking about women, so idk. I didn't know they lived together at some point though, so thanks for that! I really like Two Housemates and SJY himself (I find him very Simon Amstell-y in a good way) so I hope he and Chris can work together more in the future, their humour works well together.
What I got from the video I linked is that he's open. He also talked about his experiences with women only but he made a point at the end to say that gender, age,race etc.. shouldn't matter and blablabla. I could be wrong though and like I said, they're platonic anyway.
When will Chris find his bae gdi :sideeye: Although at this point I think being in a relationship might make him even more anxious, being his first and all.
coffee pig
woodland creature

notworthreading wrote:
fancybum wrote:

I've been lowkey shipping him with Sean Joseph Young ever since they did some non-staged videos together back in 2014, when they were also flatmates. They have good chemistry and they seem to get along well together. I think he's bisexual too, based on this video (the use of neutral gender pronoun and my own intuition ever since I first saw him)

But, yeah they're probably p-l-a-t-o-n-i-c anyway.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, the first time I saw them in a video together I thought, ''Is there a bit of sexual tension here, or is that just me?''
coffee pig
woodland creature

I just came across this picture and I can't stop laughing. This is like Goblet of Fire level of bad hair. Chris, CHRIS. What were you thinking.
'