Emma Blackery

momo
crusty sponge

i don't get her, i wasn't around back in the day when she first started youtube so i just want to know- what was her obsession with dan? was it like a i-want-to-be-his-girlfriend type of thing or a senpai-i'm-gonna-start-youtube-and-make-you-notice-me thing?
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

momo wrote:i don't get her, i wasn't around back in the day when she first started youtube so i just want to know- what was her obsession with dan? was it like a i-want-to-be-his-girlfriend type of thing or a senpai-i'm-gonna-start-youtube-and-make-you-notice-me thing?
both, he was her favorite youtuber and was willing to do anything to get his attention, but she also had an obvious crush on him, she even made a video describing her prefect boyfriend and basically described dan, i'm annoyed at myself because i know i have watched that but can't remember anything and obviously didn't download it and now it's gone forever

she used a weird method of attention seeking tho, it was weirdly passive aggressive, we all know d&p are known for ignoring people and being difficult to reach, so when she couldn't get their attention the nice way she joined the bully gang led by charlieskies and featuring evan and luke

see: x x x

and then spent the rest of time going from apologizing, to shading them, to apologizing again, to being annoyed at them ignoring her even though with her crazy mood swings i would have gotten a restraining order if i were them, to wishing everyone would forget about it, to bringing the topic back herself on main channel videos, to saying that she has changed, to.... okay i'm gonna stop

at one point she went on gg and admitted all of this herself, even posting a selfie of her years ago w a dinof t-shirt, it's a very cringe but interesting read, idk the page but somewhere halfway through her first thread

i still find it hilarious that emma, the crazy dangirl, ended up dating luke, the crazy philboy, they were meant to be (although luke was considerably less creepy towards phil, not that that's hard, and actually managed to move on)
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
kay
phabergé

fancybum wrote:
Oh she stepped it up from snapchat where she was mostly just teary-eyed.
This is painful for me to watch (I can't deal with people crying outside of movies/tv oh god I am a robot), but what is this?? What. is. this.

Why do people make crying videos? Whyyyyy.

All I'm taking away from this is she really needs to get out of the house and get some fresh air...
....Wow. This makes me feel really sorry for her, honestly. It's so beyond cringe that it's past funny or embarrassing and it's just sad. I don't know why she would feel the need to make something like this public (or unlisted, I guess, but still public). It's very sweet to save the messages and look back on them when you're feeling down but this method of reading them out loud while filming yourself crying and then posting it... :? Super uncomfortable watching this.
lilMango
morning quiff

god. ^^ that makes me cringe, the fact that she would share that video at all. I would be terrified if anyone saw me that emotional over anything. The sensible thing would have been to film it and then let it sit for a few days before deciding to post it right away. Maybe then she would have realized that she needed to just keep the video for herself. She can be grateful and personal without completely breaking down...
There's also something about this video that feels really... braggy. (idk if that's a word, but now it is.) Just the parts where she read the tweets, and said she couldn't even read them all because there were so many.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
daphenaxa
blobfish

lilMango wrote: There's also something about this video that feels really... braggy. (idk if that's a word, but now it is.) Just the parts where she read the tweets, and said she couldn't even read them all because there were so many.
we all know there were probably like 3.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
jhamba
procrastinator

trashqueen wrote:
momo wrote:i don't get her, i wasn't around back in the day when she first started youtube so i just want to know- what was her obsession with dan? was it like a i-want-to-be-his-girlfriend type of thing or a senpai-i'm-gonna-start-youtube-and-make-you-notice-me thing?
both, he was her favorite youtuber and was willing to do anything to get his attention, but she also had an obvious crush on him, she even made a video describing her prefect boyfriend and basically described dan, i'm annoyed at myself because i know i have watched that but can't remember anything and obviously didn't download it and now it's gone forever

she used a weird method of attention seeking tho, it was weirdly passive aggressive, we all know d&p are known for ignoring people and being difficult to reach, so when she couldn't get their attention the nice way she joined the bully gang led by charlieskies and featuring evan and luke

see: x x x

and then spent the rest of time going from apologizing, to shading them, to apologizing again, to being annoyed at them ignoring her even though with her crazy mood swings i would have gotten a restraining order if i were them, to wishing everyone would forget about it, to bringing the topic back herself on main channel videos, to saying that she has changed, to.... okay i'm gonna stop

at one point she went on gg and admitted all of this herself, even posting a selfie of her years ago w a dinof t-shirt, it's a very cringe but interesting read, idk the page but somewhere halfway through her first thread

i still find it hilarious that emma, the crazy dangirl, ended up dating luke, the crazy philboy, they were meant to be (although luke was considerably less creepy towards phil, not that that's hard, and actually managed to move on)
I've seen that video, and I didn't really find her description very similar to Dan. I mean, she admitted that it was about Dan, but nothing about that description really screamed "Dan" to me. It seemed generic enough. (also, maybe I just think that emma attributed qualities to Dan that I don't think existed)
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
blueapple_x
flower crown

jhamba wrote:I've seen that video, and I didn't really find her description very similar to Dan. I mean, she admitted that it was about Dan, but nothing about that description really screamed "Dan" to me. It seemed generic enough. (also, maybe I just think that emma attributed qualities to Dan that I don't think existed)
Do you remember what qualities she listed/things she said? I've never seen the video myself but I'm curious.

Also, where did she admit it was about Dan?
daphenaxa
blobfish

blueapple_x wrote:
On GG actually, when she made an account to ask people to trash her
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
jhamba
procrastinator

blueapple_x wrote:
jhamba wrote:I've seen that video, and I didn't really find her description very similar to Dan. I mean, she admitted that it was about Dan, but nothing about that description really screamed "Dan" to me. It seemed generic enough. (also, maybe I just think that emma attributed qualities to Dan that I don't think existed)
Do you remember what qualities she listed/things she said? I've never seen the video myself but I'm curious.

I don't really remember the list, lol, sorry. But, nothing about it screamed Dan to me, and I watched it knowing it was about Dan (it was somewhere on someone's google drives, and now I can't find it)

and, yeah, she said it was about Dan on GG. (which seems incredibly sad to me, tbh)
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
swofro
angel bean

jhamba wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:

I don't really remember the list, lol, sorry. But, nothing about it screamed Dan to me, and I watched it knowing it was about Dan (it was somewhere on someone's google drives, and now I can't find it)

and, yeah, she said it was about Dan on GG. (which seems incredibly sad to me, tbh)
Maybe she loves the idea of Dan in her mind, which is not similar to Dan in real life at all. Which is yes, kinda sad. to all the above.
Love is forever
felucca
truth bomb

I used to have a lot of sympathy for Emma back when I first became aware of her in early 2015. She seemed genuinely sorry for her past immature behaviour and wanting to turn over a new leaf. I cheered her on from the sidelines and found it sad that so many people only seemed to want to believe the worst of her. ...And then she turned right back around and started shading people and acting nasty for the first time. And then back to acting regretful and wanting sympathy. And then back to the shade again. And back to sympathy. Shade. Sympathy. Shade. Sympathy. Over and over again. ...It gets hard not to expect the worst, after a while.
trashqueen wrote:she even made a video describing her prefect boyfriend and basically described dan
She said in her GG post it was "clearly aimed at Dan", oh Emma.

Here's the full post:

(it's on page 19 of her first thread)

Weird how she's crying on Snapchat now over people never giving her specific reasons as to why they don't like her anymore, when she got PLENTY of answers from former fans on GG, explaining their reasoning (many of them in a nice and constructive way).
trashqueen wrote:i still find it hilarious that emma, the crazy dangirl, ended up dating luke, the crazy philboy, they were meant to be (although luke was considerably less creepy towards phil, not that that's hard, and actually managed to move on)
Speaking of Luke, someone should make one of those comparison videos with these two...

^ Never forget.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

Wow. Thanks for that felucca, never seen her post before.

I've said my thoughts on emma blackberry before and other people have articulated them here better than I could right now, but, wow, she's got to have major issues that explain falling into these cycles of repeated attention-seeking, copycat behaviors. I thought I was a bit of an exhibitionist with my problems and made people complicit in my drama, but she one-uped my angsty tweets and tumblr read-mores with that video of her crying. I hope she matures and finds peace soon.

sidenote: totally didn't know how old she was and I was shocked to discover she is Dan's age. comparing her with say dodie clark, who is only turning 21 soon, just reminds me that everyone develops at completely different speeds

lol @ "I got mixed up with the wrong people who also felt 'rejected'". How many hearts have D&P broken? though I consider myself too deep into them, I can't imagine ever being so thirsty for their attention that I start tweeting rude, invasive allusions to their sexuality.

also dan's soft, little "probably not" haha.

Reallllly wish we could get ahold of that boyfriend video.
stella
living flop

lilMango wrote:god. ^^ that makes me cringe, the fact that she would share that video at all. I would be terrified if anyone saw me that emotional over anything. The sensible thing would have been to film it and then let it sit for a few days before deciding to post it right away. Maybe then she would have realized that she needed to just keep the video for herself. She can be grateful and personal without completely breaking down...
There's also something about this video that feels really... braggy. (idk if that's a word, but now it is.) Just the parts where she read the tweets, and said she couldn't even read them all because there were so many.
I totally agree with this. It says something about the kind of person she is and what she's looking for that she can make an incredibly emotional video like that and post it. I can't imagine sharing my life like YouTubers do, let alone sharing my deep feelings like that. It's like posting how you got dumped on Facebook and aunt Sue or whatever wishing you well, but on a much larger scale. It's uncomfortable to read, and it makes me feel weird.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
syzygy
drama llama

do we know what prompted phil to unfollow luke back in april last year? i think i remember bringing this up on GG at the time but i don't recall if anyone knew why. according to this website dan unfollowed emma and luke at the end of 2013 after the ~drama~, and phil unfollowed emma soon after. but phil didn't unfollow luke until april of 2015 so i'm curious i'm missing something that happened.
lilMango
morning quiff

stella2000 wrote:
lilMango wrote:god. ^^ that makes me cringe, the fact that she would share that video at all. I would be terrified if anyone saw me that emotional over anything. The sensible thing would have been to film it and then let it sit for a few days before deciding to post it right away. Maybe then she would have realized that she needed to just keep the video for herself. She can be grateful and personal without completely breaking down...
I totally agree with this. It says something about the kind of person she is and what she's looking for that she can make an incredibly emotional video like that and post it. I can't imagine sharing my life like YouTubers do, let alone sharing my deep feelings like that. It's like posting how you got dumped on Facebook and aunt Sue or whatever wishing you well, but on a much larger scale. It's uncomfortable to read, and it makes me feel weird.
:lol: that's an amazing analogy, and you're exactly right. Even with close family on Facebook it would be embarrassing to post something as personal as that.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
palpable
squish

I never really understood how people share emotional outbursts like that with the Internet. I have a hard time opening up or crying in front of some of my best friends, how does she go on an upload a video of her crying? I guess to be a youtube you really have to have some sort of exhibitionism.

Sometimes I just want to go:

"Ssshhhhh
Dont...pls"

I really feel like defending her still and i also dont think she is a psychopath. I feel bad for saying that about someone who visibly struggles with their mental health.
daphenaxa
blobfish

syzygy wrote:do we know what prompted phil to unfollow luke back in april last year? i think i remember bringing this up on GG at the time but i don't recall if anyone knew why. according to this website dan unfollowed emma and luke at the end of 2013 after the ~drama~, and phil unfollowed emma soon after. but phil didn't unfollow luke until april of 2015 so i'm curious i'm missing something that happened.
don't quote me on that but wasn't April 15 the time around the book and tour reveal and Emma and Luke were all shady, saying youtube's books were shit and making people pay for Meets and greets was not cool or in accordance with the youtube spirit. they even talked about wanting to organise M&Gs in parks again like in the good old days.
danphil333
hobbit hair

syzygy wrote:do we know what prompted phil to unfollow luke back in april last year? i think i remember bringing this up on GG at the time but i don't recall if anyone knew why. according to this website dan unfollowed emma and luke at the end of 2013 after the ~drama~, and phil unfollowed emma soon after. but phil didn't unfollow luke until april of 2015 so i'm curious i'm missing something that happened
i remember watching (dont judge me) one of Luke's younow liveshows last year where he said that phil unfollowed him when he posted a video drawing dan and phil (and other youtubers) naked and made some stupid comments. It was a silly video nothing major or sth. He thought phil unfollowed him just because of that video and he was laughing because he couldnt see the reason why phil was so offended. I know for sure this video existed, i saw it at the time he posted it but i cant find it on his channel now. Am i going crazy??
stella
living flop

danphil333 wrote:
syzygy wrote:do we know what prompted phil to unfollow luke back in april last year? i think i remember bringing this up on GG at the time but i don't recall if anyone knew why. according to this website dan unfollowed emma and luke at the end of 2013 after the ~drama~, and phil unfollowed emma soon after. but phil didn't unfollow luke until april of 2015 so i'm curious i'm missing something that happened
i remember watching (dont judge me) one of Luke's younow liveshows last year where he said that phil unfollowed him when he posted a video drawing dan and phil (and other youtubers) naked and made some stupid comments. It was a silly video nothing major or sth. He thought phil unfollowed him just because of that video and he was laughing because he couldnt see the reason why phil was so offended. I know for sure this video existed, i saw it at the time he posted it but i cant find it on his channel now. Am i going crazy??
I remember that video too. It's private now; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Tt7zQ3ibI and http://catherinethestrange.tumblr.com/p ... 86869497/x
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
syzygy
drama llama

stella2000 wrote:
danphil333 wrote: i remember watching (dont judge me) one of Luke's younow liveshows last year where he said that phil unfollowed him when he posted a video drawing dan and phil (and other youtubers) naked and made some stupid comments. It was a silly video nothing major or sth. He thought phil unfollowed him just because of that video and he was laughing because he couldnt see the reason why phil was so offended. I know for sure this video existed, i saw it at the time he posted it but i cant find it on his channel now. Am i going crazy??
I remember that video too. It's private now; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Tt7zQ3ibI and http://catherinethestrange.tumblr.com/p ... 86869497/x
i bet that's it then - phil unfollowed him on the 26th, and that tumblr post is dated the 25th.

in isolation it may seem like an overreaction but i get the feeling that this could've been the straw that broke the camel's back; along with the "let's have a free meet and greet!!!1!!" shade (which was so petty lol) and the constant name-dropping, he might have been looking for any excuse to unfollow him. then again, the fact that it he has made it private might mean something specifically in that video did rub dan/phil the wrong way. i wonder if he got one of those legendary angry phil DMs.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

syzygy wrote:i wonder if he got one of those legendary angry phil DMs.
"Hi there! I noticed you drew me and Dan naked in your last video." one day i'll have my own iconic passive aggressive phil dm
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
momo
crusty sponge

she is seriously gonna regret posting that video, unlisted or not, online on her main channel. it's seriously cringey and i can barely get through the first 30 seconds. i can barely understand her either with all that snivelling going on.

emma's gg post i found very interesting and i kinda understand why she'd go to a youtube gossip site to ask for honest opinions on why she was losing views/subscribers or whatever (if that was her actual agenda), but i saw a post by felucca a couple posts under emma's on the same thread about the fact that so many youtubers get so butthurt about sites like gg when really it's their own fault by voluntarily going on these sites and their own threads and reading through pages and pages of discussions just between fans (ok and also haters) and not the youtuber.

forgive me if i'm being naïve but i certainly wouldn't set foot in a place like gg or IDP if i were a youtuber with a large enough following to have my own thread. save many a sleepless night tbh, regardless how curious i am.

actually scratch that i'd definitely be my own biggest troll who am i kidding
stella
living flop

momo wrote: forgive me if i'm being naïve but i certainly wouldn't set foot in a place like gg or IDP if i were a youtuber with a large enough following to have my own thread. save many a sleepless night tbh, regardless how curious i am.

actually scratch that i'd definitely be my own biggest troll who am i kidding
[offtopic]I feel like if I were a YouTuber I'd just make accounts on gg and be like "heeeyy what video should [me, the youtuber being discussed] make next??" or something. I'd be a shit YouTuber, and I too would be my own biggest troll.[/offtopic]

Where did that video even come from? Like, who got the link, since it's unlisted?
RRR98
drama llama

jaej wrote:
syzygy wrote:i wonder if he got one of those legendary angry phil DMs.
"Hi there! I noticed you drew me and Dan naked in your last video." one day i'll have my own iconic passive aggressive phil dm
Lol are there any screen shots of those.
angrymob
hobbit hair

I actually respect her a lot for her post on GG. She handled a thread of people bashing her a lot better than most would. It makes me really want to like her, however, her crying video is very cringy. It's very transparently manipulative. It's fine to want to ackwoledge not only her emotions but some of the things she brought up, like how popularity is fleeting. That's actually really ineresting, but girl, give yourself some time to calm down and think about your response. You can still make a vunerable and emotional video without seeming attention-seeking and naming your colleagues (That has to have made Dodie feel a bit uncomfortable, despite how many times Emma mentioned that she liked her).
Off-Topic :
I feel like if I were a YouTuber I'd just make accounts on gg and be like "heeeyy what video should [me, the youtuber being discussed] make next??" or something. I'd be a shit YouTuber, and I too would be my own biggest troll.
[offtopic]I'd probably just join the discussion while pretending to not be me, maybe spread some weird rumours about myself. I think it'd be interesting to over-analyse yourself the way we do D&P, but from other people's perspective. Like I wonder if I'd be able to turn off that internal bias, and I think exposing myself to that would help me get used to criticism (my undergrad definitely helped when it came to academic criticism, but I still struggle sometimes with personal criticism and let it get to me.)[/offtopic]