Emma Blackery

pleasehelpme
drama llama

I wonder if dan and phil ever make fun of Emma behind her back tbh also why the fuck is she friends with onision? The actual fuck
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

Coming back after ignoring everything Emma-related for a month or so, and... oh dear. Oh fucking dear. :wtf:

About the book thing... I remember her mentioning in a video way back in 2013/14 (possibly before all the YTer books were even announced) that one of her main goals in life was to write a book, and she said she would like it to be an advice book, and specifically that she might make Feel Good 101 into a book. I unfortunately can't remember the video in which she said this, I think it was a main channel video. I don't know the time the video was posted, and I cba going digging (maybe later if I'm really bored).

I'm remembering this now because what she said stuck with me (as a wannabe novelist whose main goal in life is to write books, and I stanned her at the time), so seeing that she now is actually writing a book has reminded me of that video I saw. So I'm not surprised at all - she's being consistent (shock) with the claim she made way back about wanting to turn FG101 into a book.

Just a theory, but I think maybe a lot of the bitterness she felt towards other YTers with books isn't just because she felt they were selling out/taking advantage of their viewers, but also because she'd already said it was something she'd always wanted to do, but everyone else got there first, and she felt they'd cashed in without any real passion or talent for it (esp. Alfie). Sorry if this is already common knowledge among people on this thread, I've not seen this point brought up before. Also my claim doesn't hold any weight if it turns out she made that video AFTER all the YTer books were announced.

That doesn't excuse her jealous/bitter/hypocritical behaviour in any way of course. And the idea of her writing a FG101 book back in 2013 wasn't as laughable then as it is now, even with all the Deppy drama that might have been ongoing at that point. People weren't aware of what a hypocritical trainwreck she was back then and she was at the height of her popularity/relevancy, with a steady inflow of new subscribers. Maybe now that she's been well-known on YT for 3+ years she feels enough time has gone by to 'warrant' a book.

I don't buy her story that this publishing company contacted her a day after making her book apology video. But then I'm biased, as I dislike her, and I can't fathom the idea of professionals being so interested in her and just waiting for her to announce she'd be open to writing a book.

Tl;dr: Based on a video she made back in 2013/4 where she talked about it, her writing this book feels, to me, like the genuine fulfilment of a life goal. That said, it's obviously a ridiculous idea, and there's no way in hell I'm going to take advice from someone who's still making such a brilliant mess of their own life. Or maybe I should read it, as a perfect example of WHAT NOT TO DO. Maybe that's the whole point of the book

I'm now gonna go back to pretending she doesn't exist because honestly I'm happier that way and I get such a headache trying to keep up with her and her ridiculousness and I wish she'd fade into obscurity, but I also inexplicably also want her to put out good stuff and be happy... agghhh. Maybe all this frustration means I wanna hate-fuck her or smth idek at this point. I'll probably be back though, I always am.
sentinel
lady door

A very interesting video from Emma. Glad to see her acknowledging her work with Alex and then condemn him, because I feel like many of his friends never said anything.
000dia000
emo goose

sentinel wrote:

A very interesting video from Emma. Glad to see her acknowledging her work with Alex and then condemn him, because I feel like many of his friends never said anything.
A lot of people dislike Emma for jumping into other people's shit and creating drama, but in this case I'm fairly impressed by this video and that she didn't sugar coat any part of the situation. The one thing I felt a little off about and was a little TMI was when she emphasized that Carrie apparently had a breakdown, was that public knowledge? I never see anything of Carrie's reaction to anything, and the reference to it felt a little personal. I wouldn't be surprised if Emma eventually removed this video though, once she's sure Alex has blocked her/shaded on her personal twitter, or Carrie asks her to, this video will probably be gone. It just feels like the sort of thing to easily be gone after a few hours.

EDIT: I spoke too soon, never mind. It's all cool. I wonder if this video will get any further response or similar videos?
:cactus:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

000dia000 wrote:
sentinel wrote:

A lot of people dislike Emma for jumping into other people's shit and creating drama, but in this case I'm fairly impressed by this video and that she didn't sugar coat any part of the situation. The one thing I felt a little off about and was a little TMI was when she emphasized that Carrie apparently had a breakdown, was that public knowledge? I never see anything of Carrie's reaction to anything, and the reference to it felt a little personal. I wouldn't be surprised if Emma eventually removed this video though, once she's sure Alex has blocked her/shaded on her personal twitter, or Carrie asks her to, this video will probably be gone. It just feels like the sort of thing to easily be gone after a few hours.

EDIT: I spoke too soon, never mind. It's all cool. I wonder if this video will get any further response or similar videos?
Not bringing this up to be an asshole because while I'm not very fond of Carrie I do feel sorry for her, but her initial reaction to the scandal was sticking with him.

She liked numerous posts on Tumblr that defended Alex and a while after it happened (a few weeks or months, I don't remember clearly) people spotted them out and about. One of the accusers also shared a text or message from Carrie that she had sent to them after finding out Alex cheated which went something like "I expect this from him, but not from you. Never contact me again." and that was from before Alex got exposed as a douchebag but it still nicely illustrates how manipulative Alex was because after all (which she initially denied though..), Carrie did forgive him at the time. Though it also wouldn't have been the first or last time Carrie displayed some major internalized misogyny and a ~better than other girls~ attitude in general.. like I said I'm not fond of her.

It's been so long and at the time so many accusations and information came out about various people that I'm really blurry on things. You could try and see if her old GG thread has more specifics on Carrie's reaction to Alex being scum.

But yay @ Emma using her unapolegetic big mouth for good for once. She should consider doing that more often, even though the legal advice to Dodie was a bit.. I dunno discuss that privately because there was very little point to all of that being in the video :")
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sentinel
lady door

Catallena wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
sentinel wrote:

Not bringing this up to be an asshole because while I'm not very fond of Carrie I do feel sorry for her, but her initial reaction to the scandal was sticking with him.

She liked numerous posts on Tumblr that defended Alex and a while after it happened (a few weeks or months, I don't remember clearly) people spotted them out and about. One of the accusers also shared a text or message from Carrie that she had sent to them after finding out Alex cheated which went something like "I expect this from him, but not from you. Never contact me again." and that was from before Alex got exposed as a douchebag but it still nicely illustrates how manipulative Alex was because after all (which she initially denied though..), Carrie did forgive him at the time. Though it also wouldn't have been the first or last time Carrie displayed some major internalized misogyny and a ~better than other girls~ attitude in general.. like I said I'm not fond of her.

It's been so long and at the time so many accusations and information came out about various people that I'm really blurry on things. You could try and see if her old GG thread has more specifics on Carrie's reaction to Alex being scum.

But yay @ Emma using her unapolegetic big mouth for good for once. She should consider doing that more often, even though the legal advice to Dodie was a bit.. I dunno discuss that privately because there was very little point to all of that being in the video :")
I'm sorry, but that's victim blaming. You yourself acknowledge that he is very manipulative yet still put the blame with her? It's clear that he is a master at making you feel pitiful for him, even the tweet that started this is proof - he is shifting the blame on other people, making you feel bad for dropping his abusive ass. I'm not the biggest fan of Carrie either, but she still too was a victim of his emotional and psychological abuse and we shouldn't hold her initial reaction against her.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

sentinel wrote:
Catallena wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
sentinel wrote:

I'm sorry, but that's victim blaming. You yourself acknowledge that he is very manipulative yet still put the blame with her? It's clear that he is a master at making you feel pitiful for him, even the tweet that started this is proof - he is shifting the blame on other people, making you feel bad for dropping his abusive ass. I'm not the biggest fan of Carrie either, but she still too was a victim of his emotional and psychological abuse and we shouldn't hold her initial reaction against her.
I literally don't but sure go off sis. An example of how badly Alex manipulated her and how that explained her (re)actions throughout their entire tiem together is right there in the post. Someone wondered about Carrie's reaction to all of it at the time, I gave an answer. Nothing but facts. My goal with that wasn't to slander Carrie at all, hence why I made clear that I feel sorry for Carrie. I do not fault her for staying with him as a first reaction as it's obvious that Carrie was a victim stuck in a circle of emotional abuse and manipulation for about 2 years, even if she didn't see it that way at the time. Plus, it's a pretty normal reaction to defend your loved ones if they get accused of something like that in general. I only put question marks at some of her behavior towards the other girls that were involved because of her history in situations that had nothing to do with Alex or his manipulation.

Something in my post may have been badly worded but don't accuse me of shit.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
onetruetrash
blobfish

It seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but I actually like Emma. I'm glad that she called that company and Alex (especially him) out for their BS.
eevee
emo goose

I agree that yay Emma's finally using her "big unapologetic mouth" (thanks for that Catallena for good, but the timing just reads total attention grab to me. Sure Alex was trying to get sympathy in his recent tweets, but his twitter has been active for a while now, and he didn't tag carrie or any other youtubers in the recent tweets, they just happened to be noticed (by emma?) and talked about. Honestly if you put it in perspective, it's really odd timing and super duper late for emma to be addressing it. If she had made this video back when it as happening or even a few months after looking back, I would've respected her more, but this really does just look like an attempt to create drama since this is literally years later, and almost completely random in timing.

To respond to your argument Catallena and give my two cents, I see where you're coming from in terms of you see her initial reaction as sympathizing with abuse. But I think sentinel is right in that it's victim blaming. Carrie knew Alex in real life, and didn't know the accusers in real life. She had no way of immediately knowing they were telling the truth, so it would make sense that she would initially side with her boyfriend of...a year at that time? ish. It's also possible he had manipulated her into being afraid to disagree with him or fight with him. There are a lot of possibilities but I don't think it's fair to say that if a victim doesn't immediately get out, she's problematic.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
000dia000
emo goose

Eevee, she basically just admitted to stalking his twitter, as well as others, just because she's nosy. That's where she saw the tweets of him acting the victim. She didn't make it sound accidental, she purposefully went through his twitter, just stalking him, because she likes to. I think it's that simple, not really that fishy, especially that she knew Alex and she felt she never addressed it, that it felt about time to make it from the standpoint of a few years later, and how she felt that Alex's "reformed' attitudes and victimisation was a load of shit and what triggered her to make the video.
fancybum
senpai

I'm cracking up at the drama (?) going on between Emma Jack and Louise on twitter right now. I don't even know what joke they're getting worked up about, but Emma trying to claim some moral highground because she's decided to change her humour (has she though? she still 'snipes') and now expects others to follow suit is just. ok then. "I used to make fun of YTer books but now I don't because I'm writing one so nobody else can make those jokes at my expense either" is not a leg to stand on. And I don't even like Jack.
(yes I am just looking for an excuse to bitch about Emma, thank you)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Birdie
blobfish

I was just about to say I liked her calling out Alex and reminding everyone of what he did and not to support him and then I scroll down... and there's new drama? What exactly is happening this time?

In other news I'm looking forward to hearing new music from her because I'm really curious whether or not it will sound like last year's music or if she changed her style again. Also she looks really pretty in that promo pic, the hair suits her.

EDIT: I found the drama on Twitter and I have to say, as much as I like Louise, for the first time ever I'm with Jack on this one. :wtf:
eevee
emo goose

Maybe Emma and Louise wouldn't be so upset if they did actually write their books
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

can someone provide pictures pls bc i don't want to actually have to go on emma's twitter.. thanks if you do
:transheart:
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

Receipts:

Jack deliver a one liner joke in this video about youtuber ghostwriting

Louise subtweeted him Emma replied/join in And things escalated
Extra:
Gabby And Tomska Hopefully I got everything lol. Too lazy to screencap.
Love is forever
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I don't particularly like Jack and I do like Louise, but she really seems overly defensive about a joke that wasn't even in bad taste. And why did Emma feel the need to chime in at all?
I mean, this is the whole thing in a nutshell lol. Emma getting involved in something petty and then drawing it out for no reason and acting sanctimonious.
thephandommenace
procrastinator

He didn't even say anything worth getting annoyed over. Joke about ghostwriting, fair game, it happens a lot (not just on YouTube, as he said) and the 'writer' shouldn't get to pat themselves on the back for work they didn't do.
I suppose he must have touched a nerve for Louise and Emma to get that defensive. Not writing your own books yourselves, ladies?
What an excruciatingly pathetic Twitter exchange.
Birdie
blobfish

eevee wrote:Maybe Emma and Louise wouldn't be so upset if they did actually write their books
Lol, that was basically my first thought too when I saw it. Like, the shoe must've fit, right?

I guess the reason Louise got so worked up about it is because Zoella is her best friend and we all know she didn't write that book of hers by now but I also think Louise might no be writing her book all by herself and this fight over a harmless joke just makes me more suspicious. Also I'm really glad Gabby confirmed this actually happens, people offering Youtubers to put their names on books they didn't write. I'm a bit confused about why Tomska's being so hostile though.
000dia000
emo goose

Birdie wrote:
eevee wrote:Maybe Emma and Louise wouldn't be so upset if they did actually write their books
Lol, that was basically my first thought too when I saw it. Like, the shoe must've fit, right?

I guess the reason Louise got so worked up about it is because Zoella is her best friend and we all know she didn't write that book of hers by now but I also think Louise might no be writing her book all by herself and this fight over a harmless joke just makes me more suspicious. Also I'm really glad Gabby confirmed this actually happens, people offering Youtubers to put their names on books they didn't write. I'm a bit confused about why Tomska's being so hostile though.
he notoriously dislikes/looks down on Zoella for ghostwriting, and doesn't hide it, I remember in a vlog he was talking to louise who was deliberately ignoring him, probably due to the zoella thing (I'm on tomska's side, while he gets a bit petty about it, he's after all, the one that is right)

Emma, as usual, escalating things that don't need to be. Sure, Jack made a dig at ghostwriting. The discussion just changes to Emma trying to defend herself (what's the point of arguing? seriously?)
onetruetrash
blobfish

Birdie wrote:

I agree it's a pretty petty fight, but I don't think it's "crazy new drama" or anything. Also I've seen her weekly vlogs she's doing now and judging by those, she's definitely the one writing the book. (I'm kinda biased cuz I'm a fan but oh well)
RRR98
drama llama

I laugh at Emma getting involved when she really didn't need to
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

In defence of Louise, she talks all the time about the writing process/gives insight into writing so I don't actually think her book will be ghostwritten (although I guess it is possible that she was told to do this by management to stave off suspicions).

I'm not a fan of Jack at all but I think in this instance, it's Emma who comes off looking the worst. I don't understand why she doesn't just drop the topic? Her replies give me second-hand embarrassment, it feels like she's desperately trying to gain Louise's approval or something idk. The entire way Emma has handled this book deal fascinates me tbh - her desperation to prove that her derisive comments about youtubers writing books were in the past while ignoring the fact her views only changed when she herself was offered a book deal. How convenient.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Am I right in thinking Louise is supposed to be friends with Jack? Or are they youtube "friends"?

If they are supposed to be real friends and he made a joke she found personally offensive in a video she should have started by texting him about it, not throwing shade at him on twitter and then saying she'll text him when he called her out for it.
Emma sticking her nose in is true to form and exactly what I'd expect of Emma but I didn't really expect Louise to be on twitter sub-tweeting her so-called friends so for me she's the one coming across badly here.

And honestly I don't know why she is taking the 6 millionth youtubers-don't-write-their-books joke to be made so personally even if she is a youtuber writing a book.

People make these type of jokes about youtubers all the time. As well as the book joke there are also at least half a dozen similar style jokes about "standard" youtuber behaviours (that in reality only apply to a percentage of the community) that also get made regularly. (And this obviously doesn't just apply to youtubers but to any community or sub-culture.)

The fact is a joke really is just a joke. Most people don't hear a joke that make blanket statement about everybody in a community (in this case that all youtubers don't write there own books) and assume because it's stated in a joke it must be true and apply to everybody in that community. More people are probably assuming her book was ghost-written because of her own defensive behaviour than because of the joke itself.
Birdie
blobfish

captainspacecoat wrote:In defence of Louise, she talks all the time about the writing process/gives insight into writing so I don't actually think her book will be ghostwritten (although I guess it is possible that she was told to do this by management to stave off suspicions).
But didn't Zoe do that too? I think she also talked about the writing process in vlogs. And then we found out a popular Young Adult author actually wrote her book. I like Louise and I really hope she's not lying about this (even though I think her book sounds really cringey, I might still read it) but I get why people are extra careful after the Zoella mess.
captainspacecoat wrote:Her replies give me second-hand embarrassment, it feels like she's desperately trying to gain Louise's approval or something idk.
That was my impression too. I don't think it's Louise she's trying to suck up to but... everyone. Like she was trying to make everyone see she had changed her mind about Youtuber books and really meant it. But she went well over the top with it so that now it seems insincere and cringy.
onetruetrash wrote:I agree it's a pretty petty fight, but I don't think it's "crazy new drama" or anything. Also I've seen her weekly vlogs she's doing now and judging by those, she's definitely the one writing the book. (I'm kinda biased cuz I'm a fan but oh well)
Yeah, I'm more inclined to believe Emma is writing her own book than Louise because Emma's book is not a novel, it's something to do with her and her channel. Youtuber novels always make me question whether or not the Youtubers are writing the books themselves because there is no way a first time writer can write a novel that's good enough to be published. I'm pretty sure that kind of "talent" is a one in a million thing. Writing is a skill and it takes years of writing and learning to become a good author and I just don't see how Louise (for instance) would have mastered that skill in the few months she's been working on her novel now.

Take CutiePieMarzia for instance. She was a writer way before she got her book deal, it's something she did as a hobby for years so she had time to learn how to actually write a good book (even though her book sucks judging by the reviews but that's another story). I'm not sure but I don't think Louise has ever talked about writing before she got her book deal so I'm really suspicious about this. You just can't write a good novel if you've never practiced writing before. But since Emma's book isn't a novel but an advice book, I can see her writing it herself just like deppy wrote their book themselves too.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

i'm not linking it bc phone and laziness but in her new video about 'youtube regrets' she talks about dan and phil AGAIN and even acknowledges that people are gonna give her shit for bringing it up lol

if i wasn't so lazy i would make a compilation of all the times she has talked about it and the way she has changed how she presents what happened bc i feel like every single time she downplays more and more how her actions were offensive and hurtful and not just ignorant
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'