Emma Blackery

lionheart
squish
Pronouns: she/her

have to say I so sort of admire the guts she had to post that on gg, but I still cringe at the way she spoke about Dan... like we all know you had a huge crush just shut up about it now it's embarrassing :roll: she just needs to never mention either of them again imo

on a different note did anybody see her announcement today? that she's going to be touring with/supporting Busted?! :o like how on earth did that happen?!

I don't actually know how big Busted are outside of the UK, and my younger sister had no idea who they even were so maybe they're quite specific to my generation, but still... Emma Blackery supporting Busted came as a shock to me because I didn't think she was that well-established as an artist (even to be a supporting one)
stella
living flop

well. is evan getting more subscribers or something? he's doing collabs with a lot of people seemingly, that must be boosting his popularity.

also about the busted thing, yeah, that is really odd.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
lilMango
morning quiff

Her new video was.... cringeworthy. Idk, I'm glad she gets to be on tour but something about the video was just off. The shaky camera, the way the band looked up... like they totally weren't expecting to be filmed at that moment. Lol.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

lilMango wrote:Her new video was.... cringeworthy. Idk, I'm glad she gets to be on tour but something about the video was just off. The shaky camera, the way the band looked up... like they totally weren't expecting to be filmed at that moment. Lol.
I don't watch her videos but damn that video is so bad it hurt. What's up with that shaky camera ?! Even without the appropriate gear you can still make some effort when filming and not make it look like you're on a boat THAT much. That was just really awfully filmed from the beginning to the end. Ugh.

that said i really don't care so I'll just go okay bye
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lionheart
squish

mega cringing at that announcement video ... who filmed that?! my mum could have done a better job and she's the family member that always cuts your head of whenever she takes a picture :shock: also I don't wanna sound bitter or envious but to me it sounds like she got a lucky break with this and I don't buy the 'I worked so hard to get here' vibe

like it's really cool and she should be proud and all, but meh idk
hola
crusty sponge

yh, the choice of support act is really strange. first you have wheatus, a one hit wonder that are getting old and then emma, who is very little known in the music industry.
I think the deciding factor in her getting picked was that she has a quite large social media following and that can drum up interest for the tour. Apart from that she is nothing special really
DryCereal
koi pond

Apparently she's been doing some stuff with Lush this week. Seen it on their twitter feed, including a video this afternoon that went up, but was deleted within minutes. Odd.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
daphenaxa
blobfish

Lush the brand or Lush the youtuber? if it is the later they talked about Dan for sure lol
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
DryCereal
koi pond

The brand. Sorry for the confusion, never heard of the youtuber! :D
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
lionheart
squish

loling at Emma rn, apparently she's 'discontinuing' both of her side channels basically in case any Busted fans want to search her and get confused that she has more than one youtube channel... alright Emma

and suddenly she's a full blown musician, 'a musician that makes videos' rather than a youtuber... I'm sorry but I'm confused because I don't rate her as a musician at all

(she explains it all in the video under the spoiler, really think she's making a mistake deleting the gaming channel too because it seems to be pretty popular)
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

lionheart wrote: loling at Emma rn, apparently she's 'discontinuing' both of her side channels basically in case any Busted fans want to search her and get confused that she has more than one youtube channel... alright Emma

and suddenly she's a full blown musician, 'a musician that makes videos' rather than a youtuber... I'm sorry but I'm confused because I don't rate her as a musician at all

(she explains it all in the video under the spoiler, really think she's making a mistake deleting the gaming channel too because it seems to be pretty popular)
I feel really awful for saying this, but as a musician she's really not good enough to be putting all her eggs in one basket. I find her songs to be cliche and a bit dull, and her voice is okay, but nothing special. I get that she loves music but I find it weird that she's not self-aware enough to realize this idk
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

bedhead91 wrote:
lionheart wrote: loling at Emma rn, apparently she's 'discontinuing' both of her side channels basically in case any Busted fans want to search her and get confused that she has more than one youtube channel... alright Emma

I feel really awful for saying this, but as a musician she's really not good enough to be putting all her eggs in one basket. I find her songs to be cliche and a bit dull, and her voice is okay, but nothing special. I get that she loves music but I find it weird that she's not self-aware enough to realize this idk
let's be real she doesn't have anything to be a musician or a mainstream celebrity of any kind, she doesn't have the looks (and i don't mean that in an unnecessarily mean way, i mean, i don't either!), or the voice, or the personality, or the song writing abilities...

one of my current favorite musicians is halsey, who also doesn't really have an amazing voice (and she says so herself) but she's a great song writer and boy does she have the looks (i might be slightly in love but shh), and also a great marketing/management team behind her, emma has literally none of those things, if she was a gleamer i might have given her the benefit of the doubt, but in this situation nah son, not gonna happen

she's making a huge mistake, not about her beauty channel bc she clearly doesn't even use that one anymore and she was a complete disaster at it, but her gaming videos weren't bad, and she seemed to enjoy doing those, i hope she re thinks her decision because i might not like her but i still don't want her to fuck up for some reason
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
fancybum
senpai

trashqueen wrote: one of my current favorite musicians is halsey, who also doesn't really have an amazing voice (and she says so herself) but she's a great song writer and boy does she have the looks (i might be slightly in love but shh), and also a great marketing/management team behind her, emma has literally none of those things, if she was a gleamer i might have given her the benefit of the doubt, but in this situation nah son, not gonna happen

she's making a huge mistake, not about her beauty channel bc she clearly doesn't even use that one anymore and she was a complete disaster at it, but her gaming videos weren't bad, and she seemed to enjoy doing those, i hope she re thinks her decision because i might not like her but i still don't want her to fuck up for some reason
I get the feeling she thinks she's going to be the next Troye Sivan: break-out musician from youtube. Buuut.. What is she even thinking? "I'm a musician who vlogs"? Um no, she's a straight-up youtuber who sometimes does music. I wonder if this is tied up with her jealousy/whatever about Dodie, who is actually a musician on youtube. The majority of Dodie's videos are music. I get Emma wanting to better focus her "brand", but it seems really short-sighted or delusional to base her decisions on the possibility of people searching her name after this tour. I'm sure it's a big deal for her, but it's not like it's one step away from her selling out stadiums. She's an unknown support act.

I've never even heard of Busted, but whatever their popularity, the people at the shows are going to be there for them. People don't tend to care much about the support acts, especially if they're fairly mediocre... So she's going to straight-up delete channels on the off-chance a handful of people search for her name and get confused when there's more than one channel to choose from? Because these hypothetical people apparently don't understand anything about the internet or having more than one interest...? She's giving the finger to over 200K people (her subscribers on those channels) in favour of X? dumb potential randoms. Cool business strategy.

Also what was up with her getting salty in the video about people wanting her channel or channel name? She just can't help herself from being randomly and unnecessarily negative and off-putting in anything she does. It's fascinating.

ALSO what's up with the whole pewdiepie/Revelmode thing? Isn't that a gaming thing that she's connected with? Or is it not just gaming, I actually don't know. I just think overall she has unrealistic expectations of what this tour is actually going to do for her as a "musician"..
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Okay... Okay I need to off-topic and I will probably not visit this thread again but what the living heck is up with her hair/wig? I have always been pretty weirded out by it.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

lilMango
morning quiff

She was also super salty in the comments when people asked her to keep up some videos on the boxesoffoxes channel.
The comment said something like "Could you keep up the video about self-harm? It helped me and it would help others too" and she was just like "lol download it then." She acts so rudely to her viewers sometimes, completely randomly. It pisses me off a bit.
She's getting ahead of herself, and it will ultimately be her downfall. She's taking huge steps without knowing whether the floor is actually beneath her.
I agree with the fact that she's nothing interesting/new in terms of her music. It's a shame.
Anonymousse wrote:Okay... Okay I need to off-topic and I will probably not visit this thread again but what the living heck is up with her hair/wig? I have always been pretty weirded out by it.
She changes her hair constantly...I heard her say once in a video somewhere that she just gets bored of her hair and wants to change it up. She shaved her head for some charity a while ago, so she wore wigs for a while (including a HORRENDOUS green wig) and now she has extensions.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
daphenaxa
blobfish

how come having more than one channel confuse viewers?? also if they are really confused, they will probably check her main channel 1st, you know the one called by her name.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
lionheart
squish

agree completely, I think she's making a really stupid decision and it's incredibly short-sighted. I'd never call her a musician above everything else, to me she is a youtuber that just does music sometimes, and seemingly pretty rarely at that? which is why I was confused she even got the Busted tour thing in the first place

and the salty tone she seems to always address her viewers with annoys the heck out of me, we can all see she seems to be making a rushed decision that she might end up regretting (especially considering how much she used to bang on about loving filming for the gaming channel), and it's a shame to outright delete channels that may have helped some people

idk I want to like Emma but her tone annoys me constantly, and she really does seem to have a problem committing to stuff. she certainly ain't no Troye Sivan, and I agree about the Dodie thing too, I reckon she probs is jealous of the way Dodie focusses her channels more on music/song-writing/covers etc. it's true that Emma's brand's way off right now if she wanted to be thought of as a musician first and foremost, because I certainly wouldn't associate her mainly with that (like I would with Dodie). I think she also needs to remember that there's probs no way on earth she would have gotten the Busted thing if she wasn't a youtuber, so she needs to be careful not to alienate her audience

(and is it worth pointing out that, like, Dodie's actually a pretty decent songwriter/singer? and I can't say I'm bowled over in the same way by Emma's voice/songwriting abilities... but I'm waiting for her to prove me wrong)
hola
crusty sponge

I think that Emma basically thinks that she is gonna become a big breakout star off the back of the busted tour. But in reality after the hype has died down, she will come back to youtube and regret deleting those channels.

And after she said that her gaming channel was her fav one to film aswell. :tsk: I think she is just desperately trying to get that break and will do anything (deleting her other channels) to get it.

I quite like her boxes of foxes videos so im sad she is not doing them anymore
mintsans
sofa crease

i was just thinking today, how horrible must it be for dodie to be the latest target of her mean jealousy. she's just having a great moment in her life/career (admitedly, i don't actually follow what she's doing :shock: ) and here comes an acquaintance at best who passive aggressively tries to guilt trip you over something you've worked for so hard, and something you're actually good at naturally too.

anyway, not that i'm petty or anything... but i'll be waiting for the day emma's short sighted decisions and plans crumble like burnt cookies (or any other simile really)
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

[quote="mintsans"]i was just thinking today, how horrible must it be for dodie to be the latest target of her mean jealousy. she's just having a great moment in her life/career (admitedly, i don't actually follow what she's doing :shock: ) and here comes an acquaintance at best who passive aggressively tries to guilt trip you over something you've worked for so hard, and something you're actually good at naturally too.

anyway, not that i'm petty or anything... but i'll be waiting for the day emma's short sighted decisions and plans crumble like burnt cookies (or any other simile really) [/quote

I think I missed something because when did Emma express jealousy towards Dodie?
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
mintsans
sofa crease

fancybum did a great recap on page 1 about a crying snapchat story where she said it herself
kay
phabergé

I don't even watch Emma aside from what gets posted here and I find myself coming back to this thread once and awhile to see what else is going on because she is just fascinating. I have never seen a YTer who seems to make literally all the wrong decisions regarding their "brand" and constantly flip flop in their emotions. She makes this over the top video crying about how much she appreciates her fans, then dismisses their genuine comments with snarky responses? (The self harm video/lol download it) I don't get it.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

achika wrote:I don't even watch Emma aside from what gets posted here and I find myself coming back to this thread once and awhile to see what else is going on because she is just fascinating. I have never seen a YTer who seems to make literally all the wrong decisions regarding their "brand" and constantly flip flop in their emotions. She makes this over the top video crying about how much she appreciates her fans, then dismisses their genuine comments with snarky responses? (The self harm video/lol download it) I don't get it.
This whole comment. Don't watch her either so I only get glimpses of what is posted here but she seems like an emotionally immature person with little common sense. It's not supposed to be an insult. Just an observation. Even her start on Youtube was lacking in common sense. In one of the few videos of hers I've seen she says she bought a high end camera which she couldn't afford and had to pay it off over several months. And her cringey behavior with shows she's not emotionally mature. It was surprising to find out she's Dan's age because she acts much younger.
timtam
lady door

I used to watch Emma and enjoyed her but she's too much of a train wreck now. This thread is good because I can keep up with her without watching her!
trashqueen wrote: one of my current favorite musicians is halsey, who also doesn't really have an amazing voice (and she says so herself) but she's a great song writer and boy does she have the looks (i might be slightly in love but shh), and also a great marketing/management team behind her, emma has literally none of those things, if she was a gleamer i might have given her the benefit of the doubt, but in this situation nah son, not gonna happen
Completely off topic but I really enjoy halseys voice. It's not amazing but its different and her music is unique. But you are right because Halsey has that vibe down pat that Emma doesn't have. Although I went to a halsey concert and I didn't enjoy it much, too many screaming teenagers, I found halseys stage presence odd and I never actually saw Halsey in full because the lights basically washed her out completely.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

[offtopic]soz
timtam wrote:I used to watch Emma and enjoyed her but she's too much of a train wreck now. This thread is good because I can keep up with her without watching her!
Completely off topic but I really enjoy halseys voice. It's not amazing but its different and her music is unique. But you are right because Halsey has that vibe down pat that Emma doesn't have. Although I went to a halsey concert and I didn't enjoy it much, too many screaming teenagers, I found halseys stage presence odd and I never actually saw Halsey in full because the lights basically washed her out completely.
oh that's interesting, i had a completely different experience, i saw her live last month at a festival (lollapalooza argentina) and i had a great time, yeah there was a considerable amount of loud teens and pushing but that doesn't bother me since that's literally how every concert goes for me (south america's reputation of having crazy crowds where you have to fight for your life is well deserved) and her stage presence was great imo, one of my friends who didn't know anything about her ended up loving her and always brings up how lovely she thinks she was, maybe she was having a bad day at your show? idk, the lights were a little bit harsh when the sun went down, i thought it was a problem with my specific show happening outside at dawn
[/offtopic]
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'