Emma Blackery

onetruetrash
blobfish

fancybum wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 pm Totally not surprised, but look who doesn't care about the n word as long as it's pewdiepie saying it :roll: cool cool. I guess she would have given Hazel a pass too if Hazel had 50mil subscribers..
This is really disappointing. I just expect better from her.
fancybum
senpai

Ew she literally quoted 'wade in' from Jack's thread here :|
Get the fuck out of fan spaces? Just a thought? Like doesn't she have a book to sell and potential Apple success to focus on.... stop reading negative shit on the internet.... go back to buddying up with the racist gamer....
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
onetruetrash
blobfish

Here's what Emma said about the drama with Jack and Hazel
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Honestly Emma's response is laughable. It sucks when things are played out publicly does it? So why did she keep going at Jack on twitter and making whatever issues they have public knowledge?

Maybe he is a shady dick to her behind the scenes (because that's really not hard too believe) but she is the one who kept "coming at him" publicly on twitter not the other way around. She choose to air their laundry in public so I don't see how she can be offended now he thinks it's okay to talk about her in a public forum.

I know it was technically his book joke that started this but even if he is lying and that comment(which I think was in a video?) being a generic joke and it was him "publicly" throwing shade at Emma that joke still applied to so many people that literally no one would have ever guessed that it was about her if she didn't later tell us it was. He really isn't the one who choose to take this public that was all her.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Okay but why does no one talk about this

downloads video just in case
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

onetruetrash wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:46 pm

I don't really watch EB and am not in the loop with all the drama that's been happening, but watching this makes me say something I don't say a lot - I am actually offended.

It would have been a somewhat entertaining video if it hadn't explicitly addressed any fandoms, but like this, it just looks like she is dragging the phandom (and the other fandoms named) - as if everyone was a 15 year old girl who wrote explicit fan fiction all day with no sense of reality. I get that it's supposed to be funny and a parody, but it's just a touch too real with the fandoms listed and the tumblr scroll. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh and obviously Dan already filmed the creepy fangirl/boy video years ago. Get your ideas elsewhere and leave the phandom alone?
citizen_erased
truth bomb

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:50 pm

I don't really watch EB and am not in the loop with all the drama that's been happening, but watching this makes me say something I don't say a lot - I am actually offended.

It would have been a somewhat entertaining video if it hadn't explicitly addressed any fandoms, but like this, it just looks like she is dragging the phandom (and the other fandoms named) - as if everyone was a 15 year old girl who wrote explicit fan fiction all day with no sense of reality. I get that it's supposed to be funny and a parody, but it's just a touch too real with the fandoms listed and the tumblr scroll. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Oh and obviously Dan already filmed the creepy fangirl/boy video years ago. Get your ideas elsewhere and leave the phandom alone?
is it offensive? sure. It's also 5 years old. And just like Dan (especially, and to a lesser extent also Phil) has incredibly cringeworthy and offensive and questionable videos in his past, let's allow Emma to have the same and agree that she's grown and changed a lot since then.
onetruetrash
blobfish

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:50 pm

haha what

I was just posting it here because I thought it was a cute old video. Emma was a fangirl back then, remember? If anything she was roasting herself. And like citizen_erased said, it was 5 years ago.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Ok lol I take I all back, I thought it was a new video. I just watched it embedded here and onetruetrash's post something made me think it was a new thing (and that no one was talking about it)

*hides under bed in shame*
*is never going to post again*
onetruetrash
blobfish

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 pm Ok lol I take I all back, I thought it was a new video. I just watched it embedded here and onetruetrash's post something made me think it was a new thing (and that no one was talking about it)

*hides under bed in shame*
*is never going to post again*
Don't worry, we all have posts we regret (I know I sure do haha)
obvsly
#relatable
Pronouns: she/her

I, for one, thought the same as LtrllySusan. lol I watched the embedded video and actually thought.. "hmmm I could understand it if it were five years ago, but now? Emma???"

I'm an idiot. :rofl:
onetruetrash
blobfish

obvsly wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:36 am I, for one, thought the same as LtrllySusan. lol I watched the embedded video and actually thought.. "hmmm I could understand it if it were five years ago, but now? Emma???"

I'm an idiot. :rofl:
I guess I should've added that it was an old video :rofl:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I didn't watch it but I saw the title and thumbnail and also thought it was new and rolled my eyes - a testament to the fact that she's apparently not aging, too, lmao?? Good job, Emma.
onetruetrash
blobfish

fancybum wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:08 pmgo back to buddying up with the racist gamer....
Pretty ironic now that Dan and Phil are doing the same thing
Puffy
drama llama

I'm still side eying PJ a little for hanging out with Luke and Emma. Where is your loyalty, Peej. :tsk: I'm really hoping that they won't be forced to awkwardly hang out at some point because PJ and Sophie have both invited them to the same thing.

^ a prediction from the past, bringing us to the future :shock:
000dia000
emo goose

Puffy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am
I'm still side eying PJ a little for hanging out with Luke and Emma. Where is your loyalty, Peej. :tsk: I'm really hoping that they won't be forced to awkwardly hang out at some point because PJ and Sophie have both invited them to the same thing.

^ a prediction from the past, bringing us to the future :shock:
And how naive and innocent we were for condemning Emma for associating with Felix...
:cactus:
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

awkward that dan and phil were at marzia's party with her but they dont follow her on twitter yet they follow all the others who were there.... is there still tension there?!
onetruetrash
blobfish

dans left hand wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:06 pm awkward that dan and phil were at marzia's party with her but they dont follow her on twitter yet they follow all the others who were there.... is there still tension there?!
According to Emma, there was no awkwardness at the party. Maybe they just never felt the need to follow her.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Emma posted an interesting video about YouTube Rewind. Near the end she mentions some big YouTubers who were treated better than the rest, I have a feeling it was probably our boys (I can't remember who else was in the slime bit, but she also said she gets on well with them, so :shrug: )

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I got as far as Emma name dropping Felix, adding Marzia in with a caption, and declaring that she's annoyed by having to see youtubers from other countries and bailed out on that video. Good for my yearly reminder of why I can't stomach her content or her attitude, though.
fancybum
senpai

flarequake wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:22 pm Emma posted an interesting video about YouTube Rewind. Near the end she mentions some big YouTubers who were treated better than the rest, I have a feeling it was probably our boys (I can't remember who else was in the slime bit, but she also said she gets on well with them, so :shrug: )
I literally didn't watch any of Rewind except for the timestamps updatedphan posted and have no desire to (if I have to hear Despacito one more time in my life I'm ending it all), but loool that definitely sounds like Dan and Phil.

Relevant bit:
26:15-28:10

“and then some big YTers, who were going to get a ton of screentime, were dropped off”
“everyone is pandering to them; I’m like ‘yeah fair enough, they are really big and everyone really cares about these people, they should be getting the screentime,’ I totally get that. And I get on with them great, whatever. But they turn up at like half eleven… they’re wrapped by like half twelve”
“it’s just like, don’t make it so obvious that they are the big thing of the day, like they are the massive big deal. Don’t leave call sheets lying around going ‘you must get this moment for a gif, you must get these two for this moment’”
Her new line seems to be that D&P and her 'get along great' the past year or so (by which she means they can all politely say 'hi' in passing I guess) and her not saying their names at all throughout the entire video (even while discussing the 2014 video and including clips of them) I think speaks for itself..

I actually sat through the full video and it does sound like a terrible experience for everybody involved, especially since they're not getting paid and the 'exposure' really doesn't amount to anything these days. So yeah, fair play for putting it all out there. But I just find her so grating, even when I'm agreeing with her I want her to shut up. Singing 'my moment' over and over again throughout the video was just annoying, even though it was supposed to be jokey or self-deprecating or whatever. Put this entire video in Tomska's mouth and my reaction would have been 'yes fuck YT' but coming from Emma... like yeah, just stop agreeing to it then, YT is garbage, big surprise. Soo I agree with the video, but as she gave me permission to do at the beginning, I'm still going to say she's a piece of shit. But for other reasons than this video.

lol the timing:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
malday
emo goose

fancybum wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:33 pm Relevant bit:
26:15-28:10

“and then some big YTers, who were going to get a ton of screentime, were dropped off”
“everyone is pandering to them; I’m like ‘yeah fair enough, they are really big and everyone really cares about these people, they should be getting the screentime,’ I totally get that. And I get on with them great, whatever. But they turn up at like half eleven… they’re wrapped by like half twelve”
“it’s just like, don’t make it so obvious that they are the big thing of the day, like they are the massive big deal. Don’t leave call sheets lying around going ‘you must get this moment for a gif, you must get these two for this moment’”
Her new line seems to be that D&P and her 'get along great' the past year or so (by which she means they can all politely say 'hi' in passing I guess) and her not saying their names at all throughout the entire video (even while discussing the 2014 video and including clips of them) I think speaks for itself..
I can see now why PJ wrote she would be a bucket of salt when they played Truth Bombs.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

To be honest, I get that Rewind is shitty and it could be better and all of that but Emma's "I'm going to tell y'all the truth now" attitude got me so salty. I can't shake the impression that she wants to start some new drama and idk if TomSka's tweet, as much as I love it, was a good idea because it's literally drama in the making and I can totally see her playing the victim over it. Emma does this thing where she acts all civil and "I'm not going to name names" but at the same time she makes sure everyone knows who she's talking about. Like, have some guts and say what you really want to say if you have to make a call out video. This is just shady af.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I think it says something about making a 32 minute long video to express your complaints. Everything about a 32 minute rant is just so extra. I understand calling YT out for unfairly treating creators, and I agree it was unfair. But I sat through that whole thing and it just didn't sit well with me. It is definitely like she's exPECTING to start drama. I've never been a fan of Emma and I've always known of people's distaste for her so I admit bias. But I feel like I would have sympathised with her more if she expressed "Oh I was treated a bit unfairly and I wasn't very comfortable for a few hours, everyone on set was very kind I just have an issue with YouTube executives." Done. Summed up in a less whiney way where I didn't feel FORCED to share her emotions. She kept repeating "call me out for being a brat I get it". Just why keep an unapologetic and pissed off attitude when you could be more PROFESSIONAL.

tldr: Emma's attitude doesn't seem to go great with most people, but this video just felt too "look at me, i'm screaming at youtube for views" when she could have professionally expressed her complaints in like 4 minutes.
000dia000
emo goose

I thought her video was interesting, I can see where's she coming from and I don't think there's anything wrong with making a video on something that bothered her. I bet she's probably trying to deal with going from a YouTube pre-2014 that was considerably smaller, and she was a notable female creator where there wasn't as much competition. Now that, as she said, there's apparently over 2000 channels with plus one-million subs, it's a miracle she'd get a frame at all compared to many other content creators who have been on the platform for years but wouldn't get a place. Probably going from being noteworthy to get a single frame in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment just probably feels kind of shit, so I can sympathize with that. Also, the whole day sounded terrible, and just poor management from YouTube's perspective. I can see why people find her entitled but really who cares? It's her livelihood, she should bitch about it if she wants. It's her job to make videos on the platform, and if she's using her platform to add to the complaints then what makes her any different than every other creator. Smh. In all regards, it's a good video, and kind of goes to show what the platform is like. And if it was Dan or Phil that were the "big content creators" I'd actually believe it, they'd probably play dumb and let themselves be fawned over (that's if of course, it is them, and they were on the same shoot).

Still, I don't know why she think she's doing herself any favours bringing up pewdiepie or Marzia. Marzia has never been in a YouTube rewind. Ever. So stop making it out as if she's doomed by "association". And I'm not very sympathetic for pewdiepie not being in YouTube rewind when he's said slurs, done crappy shit, and has made himself out to be a victim. I know Emma lurks here sometimes, but sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the shit stops there
:cactus: