Emma Blackery

trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

i think we're gonna need this at some point so i might just get ahead of ourselves and make it

i'm also considering making a quick faq about how she relates to d&p (including the newer stuff like her meme video) since that question used to come up from time to time on gg, do you guys think that's a good idea?

my emma opinion:
i hate her, she used to be my favorite youtuber when she first started, but i just can't with her inconsistent behavior anymore, i can't believe all she has to do to make me hate her considerably less is shut the fuck up about d&p and she can't even manage to do that
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
mintsans
sofa crease

I used to be subbed to her boxes of foxes channel because i thought it could be the heir of the channel she used to have with cherry (which i liked a lot), but no. I just can't with the holier than thou tone to her bad advice to children, complaining about how much stuff costs and her "i don't know how to do this but ok..." schtick.

her main channel videos have always been very uncomfortable to watch for me. :|

eta: also what's up with that IN THIS CHANNEL I AM CALLED BIRDY!!!11 thing lmao you're not an esports gamer, you can barely play sims
jhamba
procrastinator

mintsans wrote:I used to be subbed to her boxes of foxes channel because i thought it could be the heir of the channel she used to have with cherry (which i liked a lot), but no. I just can't with the holier than thou tone to her bad advice to children, complaining about how much stuff costs and her "i don't know how to do this but ok..." schtick.

eta: also what's up with that IN THIS CHANNEL I AM CALLED BIRDY!!!11 thing lmao you're not an esports gamer, you can barely play sims
Yeah, I don't understand how someone makes a channel like that unless they actually know what they're talking about. Emma Blackery seems a little too sure of herself, and not educated enough to make a channel which helps little girls deal with puberty
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

jhamba wrote:
mintsans wrote:I used to be subbed to her boxes of foxes channel because i thought it could be the heir of the channel she used to have with cherry (which i liked a lot), but no. I just can't with the holier than thou tone to her bad advice to children, complaining about how much stuff costs and her "i don't know how to do this but ok..." schtick.

Yeah, I don't understand how someone makes a channel like that unless they actually know what they're talking about. Emma Blackery seems a little too sure of herself, and not educated enough to make a channel which helps little girls deal with puberty
To be fair, her mentality is probably still in the age of a puberty teen, so at least she can be #relatable amiright?
phamnotof
morning quiff

can I just say, her vlogging style has always seemed like a rip off of dan's to me? like she even said at a panel once that before starting out, she'd watch her favorites religiously and try and figure out what makes them work and well... we all know dan was The Favorite of hers.
mez29
procrastinator

I like the sound of her voice but I'm not so keen on her content. It just never seems like there's any substance to it—like I watch her videos expecting there to be a Message but then I get to the end and it's like "is that it?" idk
trashqueen wrote:i'm also considering making a quick faq about how she relates to d&p (including the newer stuff like her meme video) since that question used to come up from time to time on gg, do you guys think that's a good idea?
please
kooshka
living flop

phamnotof wrote:can I just say, her vlogging style has always seemed like a rip off of dan's to me? like she even said at a panel once that before starting out, she'd watch her favorites religiously and try and figure out what makes them work and well... we all know dan was The Favorite of hers.
This exactly is what makes me dislike her. Like ok, I can sort of ignore her past mistakes but she brings those up herself without either apologizing or explaining herself AND her obsession with Dan creeps me the fuck out. Her mannerisms are straight out copied from him. When I saw that she made a meme vid (for which she asked people to do those?! that's not how it works) right after Dan did I was just like, alright, if I were him I would get like a restraining order :? and when she's like that, even small details like the light decoration thing (like Dan has) in her bed's headboard is just downright creepy. I don't get how people like her, she's not original or funny or anything.
palpable
squish

*controversial opinion coming through*

I actually like Emma Blackery. Yes, I do. Crazy, I know 8-)

I think the content she produces has a pretty high standard, and even though you could argue there are a lot of similarities between her and Dan (def true) think her execution is pretty good. Similar to what she is doing, Dan also took a concept he saw (community channel), made a few similar videos and then developed it into his own thing. Emma also always has outright stated that she is influenced by Dan's style, so I guess she's not outright plagiarising his videos.(Except for the meme thing, wtf was that)

What she really needs to learn is be professional when it comes to the relationship with her idols. Like, just chill girl, do yo thang and be successful. She definitely has the talent to be successful in her own right. Her songs are pretty catchy and enjoyable to listen to, she definitely knows how to work the camera and edit, she's done radio stuff... etc etc.

I feel kind of bad for having hated on her (never public, just in my head) because I really don't think she is a bad person and you can see she is trying. Idk, I get a feeling of sincerity from her...

*controversial opinion over*

...I'll go back to my home
jiggly
phillion/danosaur <//3

kooshka wrote:
phamnotof wrote:can I just say, her vlogging style has always seemed like a rip off of dan's to me? like she even said at a panel once that before starting out, she'd watch her favorites religiously and try and figure out what makes them work and well... we all know dan was The Favorite of hers.
This exactly is what makes me dislike her. Like ok, I can sort of ignore her past mistakes but she brings those up herself without either apologizing or explaining herself AND her obsession with Dan creeps me the fuck out. Her mannerisms are straight out copied from him. When I saw that she made a meme vid (for which she asked people to do those?! that's not how it works) right after Dan did I was just like, alright, if I were him I would get like a restraining order :? and when she's like that, even small details like the light decoration thing (like Dan has) in her bed's headboard is just downright creepy. I don't get how people like her, she's not original or funny or anything.
this. i could ignore her obnoxious behaviour but her actions are legitimately worrying sometimes. the whole meme video is basically her trying to be like dinof. she keeps saying that she moved on, she regrets her past, blah blah, but keeps shading d&p on every occasion.

tried to give her a shot and watched 2 of her gaming videos but didn't enjoy it.
daphenaxa
blobfish

palpable wrote:*controversial opinion coming through*

I actually like Emma Blackery. Yes, I do. Crazy, I know 8-)

I think the content she produces has a pretty high standard, and even though you could argue there are a lot of similarities between her and Dan (def true) think her execution is pretty good. Similar to what she is doing, Dan also took a concept he saw (community channel), made a few similar videos and then developed it into his own thing. Emma also always has outright stated that she is influenced by Dan's style, so I guess she's not outright plagiarising his videos.(Except for the meme thing, wtf was that)
i disagree with that, being influenced, even heavily influenced is one thing but Emma's kind of "influence" is borderline (or full on) plagiarism.
I actually wanna do a comparison video of all the times she has shamelessly copied him but I have been lazy so far.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
jiggly
phillion/danosaur <//3

RRR98
drama llama

jiggly wrote:someone has already made it
http://elecocochoco.tumblr.com/post/140245286655/
I had watched both and saw SOME similarites but wow just wow
daphenaxa
blobfish

to be honest above everything, I can't believe she went there with the sofa crease lol

her recent video about letting people borrow your computer is also another example of great 'inspiration"
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
gray_walls
dank meme

it's hilarious :lol:
Is she doing this consciously to attract Dan's fans? Or is she actually this unoriginal? Doesn't she realise how it looks?
On a side note, i heard about "perfect boyfriend" video she made, does anybody knows where to find it? I'm curious about her characterisation of Dan for some reason
excuse me my broken english
Jeweul
sad dimple

daphenaxa wrote:

to be honest above everything, I can't believe she went there with the sofa crease lol

her recent video about letting people borrow your computer is also another example of great 'inspiration"

Oh my god watching this video made me want to puke. There is more cringe in this video than any cringe-compilation I've ever watched in my life. (I know cringe is an overrused phrase but it's necessary here.)
kooshka
living flop

... Well, if anyone ever asks me why I don't like her I'll just save the rants and link this.
gray_walls wrote:Is she doing this consciously to attract Dan's fans? Or is she actually this unoriginal? Doesn't she realise how it looks?
If it was just any other video, she didn't have any history with D&P or outright stated that she's a Dan stan, I'd let it slip through my fingers but... She HAS to know what she's doing. And apparently it's working, I hear she gets a lot of messages like "wow a female dan ". Ugh.
fancybum
senpai

If anyone follows her on snapchat, now's the time to go over there because she's having a crying gratitude-fest about people being nice to her. Also talks about how she's been comparing herself to Dodie/jealous of her YT success. :?
Actually I'm just going to transcribe it:

(Because #proudofemmablackery is trending)
"So uhh I'm genuinely getting a bit choked up at the minute- I'll try and explain it.
So I pretty much got 'really big really quickly' back in 2013 and I did some shit stuff. Recently I've been feeling like people have completely gone off me, and I'm boring and that I'm irrelevant and... just... and I've been comparing myself--

Honestly that's what I get told a lot, I get a lot of people saying "I hate Emma Blackery she used to be so good and now she's so shit.' No one ever tells me what it is that's changed, and recently obviously Dodie has exploded and I love Dodie so much but basically she's blown up the way that I blew up. I see Dodie having so much love and praise and stuff the way that I once did and it's made me feel shit. Sometimes, honestly, It's hard to remember that that's my fault. It's my fault, it's nothing to do with Dodie at all I love her. I guess seeing her do so well and her get so big kind of reminds me of how much people have gone off me and it's a horrible feeling. I didn't mean to come across like I'm being egotistical or something.

This started trending and it's made me cry a little bit. It's kind of made me realize I don't have to keep comparing myself to other people and I still have people that like what I do, so thank you. I think I'm done being a complete idiot now, but that's basically been my life for the last few months and it's just really nice to see.
I stopped, and now I'm crying again, I can't stop! I'm not actually used to it anymore. So thanks. I just feel like I did a lot of shit for a long time and people stopped being nice, but you guys are still here and I don't know *exclamative happy noise*!"
Hm. I don't know man. I don't want to be a robot and question sincerity all of the time, but it seems planned and manipulative. "You guys are so nice, I cry when people are nice to me fyi, oh now you're all being nice to me, cool come watch me cry now".
...I feel bad.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

me, like 12 hours ago:
think we're gonna need this at some point so i might just get ahead of ourselves and make it
gotta admit that was quicker than i thought

oh emma, i think she's sincere because she has mentioned her insecurity about people being over her before, hell she even asked people on gg what she could do to make them like her again, and i kind of feel sorry for her, as i said, i used to like her a lot, i can't help it

that being said, she needs to find who she really is on youtube and stop trying to be the female dan, or another version of carrie in that weird phase she had, she's gonna feel a lot less insecure then imo

and also emma honey, yes you did shitty stuff back in 2012/13, but that's not the problem, the problem is that you continue to do shitty stuff today AND continue to bring back your old mistakes, just fucking let it go

i think she's so desperate to be relevant that since she can't achieve it any other way she clings to her drama with dan and phil so at least we're gonna keep talking about her :roll:
lilMango
morning quiff

I used to like some of her videos, I think the meme video is what really pissed me off. Someone said this in a GG thread somewhere, but basically she asked everyone to make a meme of her, which seems SUPER desperate in comparison to Dan. His fans made the memes without him asking them to, and the spontaneity of it is what made it funny. So, not only did she completely rip him off, she did it in a 10x shittier way that made no sense. Ugh.

Also, in her Q&A videos she seems super sweet and helpful one minute, and then rude and bored the next. It's too much. I can't. *throws phone accross room*
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
fancybum
senpai

Oh she stepped it up from snapchat where she was mostly just teary-eyed.
This is painful for me to watch (I can't deal with people crying outside of movies/tv oh god I am a robot), but what is this?? What. is. this.

Why do people make crying videos? Whyyyyy.

All I'm taking away from this is she really needs to get out of the house and get some fresh air...
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

fancybum wrote:
Oh she stepped it up from snapchat where she was mostly just teary-eyed.
This is painful for me to watch (I can't deal with people crying outside of movies/tv oh god I am a robot), but what is this?? What. is. this.

Why do people make crying videos? Whyyyyy.

All I'm taking away from this is she really needs to get out of the house and get some fresh air...
i got to around the 3 minute mark and had to stop because the second hand embarrassment was killing me

she's definitely pushing it too far now, i can understand her initial reaction being genuine but there was no need to upload this
daphenaxa
blobfish

I can't with her. Nothing she does is sincere or genuine. Everything is calculated and weirdly manipulative.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, she truly behaves like a psychopath.
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

gray_walls wrote:
it's hilarious :lol:
Is she doing this consciously to attract Dan's fans? Or is she actually this unoriginal? Doesn't she realise how it looks?
Wow wtf. I actually can't work out what her intentions were? Did she subconsciously imitate him? Or did she just decide to copy his video? And if she just decided to copy it - did she think it was subtle enough that people wouldn't notice, or was she fine with it being obvious bc it might get her attention from the phandom? :roll:
spider
ar·tic·u·late

This is off the charts cringe. Never felt so much secondhand embarrassment before.
jhamba
procrastinator

daphenaxa wrote:I can't with her. Nothing she does is sincere or genuine. Everything is calculated and weirdly manipulative.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, she truly behaves like a psychopath.
I don't think she behaves like a psychopath. I think she's just really really unintelligent
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda