Emma Blackery

pearshaped34
morning quiff

Are any other YouTube's writing books? If not, then I can see why she would've thought the joke was targeted at her. I would be pretty mad too if I worked hard on writing a book and someone accused me of just using a ghostwriter.
Off the top of my head head Louise, Rachel Ballinger and Jim Chapman all have books in the works but I'd be willing to bet there are at least half a dozen other youtubers I don't know about that will also soon be joining that ever growing portion of the youtube community who can claim they are published authors. Youtube books really are a dime a dozen.
They are so common I really can't help but wonder if she has another reason to think he was shading her personally (like it's known she's not writing her own book in the youtube community).

As for her right to be mad Emma (like anybody) is allowed to be offended be generic jokes (and state she's offended like she did at the time) but her now making it out to be a personal attack is bizarre to me because nothing about it suggested he was singling her out (again unless she knows something we don't).

(I mean to be real she probably is just that self-involved that she's making it all about her when it clearly wasn't and there is no conspiracy here I'm just having fun speculating.)
onetruetrash
blobfish

pearshaped34 wrote:
Are any other YouTube's writing books? If not, then I can see why she would've thought the joke was targeted at her. I would be pretty mad too if I worked hard on writing a book and someone accused me of just using a ghostwriter.
Off the top of my head head Louise, Rachel Ballinger and Jim Chapman all have books in the works but I'd be willing to bet there are at least half a dozen other youtubers I don't know about that will also soon be joining that ever growing portion of the youtube community who can claim they are published authors. Youtube books really are a dime a dozen.
They are so common I really can't help but wonder if she has another reason to think he was shading her personally (like it's known she's not writing her own book in the youtube community).

As for her right to be mad Emma (like anybody) is allowed to be offended be generic jokes (and state she's offended like she did at the time) but her now making it out to be a personal attack is bizarre to me because nothing about it suggested he was singling her out (again unless she knows something we don't).

(I mean to be real she probably is just that self-involved that she's making it all about her when it clearly wasn't and there is no conspiracy here I'm just having fun speculating.)
Then again, Louise started the drama first and then Emma jumped in, so maybe she was just coming to her defense? It would be a very Emma thing to do.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

^ That might be true about Emma's initial tweets about Jack's video however that wasn't what we were discussing here so her motives for that aren't particularly relevant.

I was discussing in my posts the recent tweet she made (and deleted) referring to Jack's tweet like it was a personal attack on her own book. (It's available in this thread if you want to look back). :)
simmehchan
butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

Anyone gonna be at her UK book tour? I wouldn't normally consider it but seeing as it's the same price as a book is I thought why not.

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
onetruetrash
blobfish

simmehchan wrote:Anyone gonna be at her UK book tour? I wouldn't normally consider it but seeing as it's the same price as a book is I thought why not.
Not me, but I hope my school gets her book or something because that's the only way I'll be able to read it.
simmehchan
butt chair

onetruetrash wrote:
simmehchan wrote:Anyone gonna be at her UK book tour? I wouldn't normally consider it but seeing as it's the same price as a book is I thought why not.
Not me, but I hope my school gets her book or something because that's the only way I'll be able to read it.
Why won't you be able to read it?

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
onetruetrash
blobfish

simmehchan wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
Why won't you be able to read it?
Because I can't buy it because personal stuff
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

This is v off topic and silly but I couldn't help myself when I saw this pic
I don't want to be mean and tweet it at her but I need people to see it so I'm posting it here
TELL ME THIS ISN'T HER FACE
idk even what show this is from
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I think its from icarly. That's the actress that played her at least.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
eevee
emo goose

LOL yes that's miranda cosgrove and that's a screencap from icarly!

so emma was gonna remove all her tattoos and now shes doing a pastel-colored-thick-outline-cartoon-style sleeve? typical but geez, didn't she learn from previous tattoo regret?

speaking of tattoos, at Vidcon PJ Ligouri said that he was going to get a triforce on his wrist, and then stopped himself from explaining the reasoning, and just said he changed his mind. Hmmm
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
onetruetrash
blobfish

I love Emma's new Vloggery video! I always thought the things she would say about people complimenting her, especially men, was really uncalled for and it was one of the things about her that annoyed me the most. Good for her having the guts to upload the video.
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

onetruetrash wrote:I love Emma's new Vloggery video! I always thought the things she would say about people complimenting her, especially men, was really uncalled for and it was one of the things about her that annoyed me the most. Good for her having the guts to upload the video.
It's an interesting video and I do agree with what she was saying.
Personally, I know I've had moments where I have judged all guys after being hurt by one individual.

Sidenote: I really love the clothes shopping video she made with her dad, it made me laugh :)
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop

eevee wrote:
speaking of tattoos, at Vidcon PJ Ligouri said that he was going to get a triforce on his wrist, and then stopped himself from explaining the reasoning, and just said he changed his mind. Hmmm
I was listening to one of PJ's old Younow shows today and he talked about the triforce tattoo there! It's from 1:12:13 to 1:12:33, but all he really says is that he wanted to get it in 2011 (did he know Emma back then?)
onetruetrash
blobfish

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:
eevee wrote:
I was listening to one of PJ's old Younow shows today and he talked about the triforce tattoo there! It's from 1:12:13 to 1:12:33, but all he really says is that he wanted to get it in 2011 (did he know Emma back then?)
I don't see how he would. Emma kinda wormed her way into the community back in 2012, I don't believe she had any connections before that.
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop

onetruetrash wrote:
I don't see how he would. Emma kinda wormed her way into the community back in 2012, I don't believe she had any connections before that.
Yeah, you're probably right. Pity, it would've been interesting if they'd been planning on getting tattoos together :)
eevee
emo goose

oh thanks so much Moonbeamsonthepath for posting that younow!! i wonder why he doesnt want any tattoos? probably a wise decision though, since its so easy to regret them, haha!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop

eevee wrote:oh thanks so much Moonbeamsonthepath for posting that younow!! i wonder why he doesnt want any tattoos? probably a wise decision though, since its so easy to regret them, haha!
No problem! I love having those shows in the background when I'm doing stuff

Yeah, probably.
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

I actually really like her book cover/design and it's a good amount of pages and it looks like it has a lot of words in it, I'm so proud of her tbh I don't know if it's something I'd personally like as it looks like it's aimed more at teenagers but for what it's worth it looks like she worked hard on it and actually gave a shit (which is refreshing when it comes to YouTuber books).
iwishiwasacasual
glabella

thephandommenace wrote:I actually really like her book cover/design and it's a good amount of pages and it looks like it has a lot of words in it, I'm so proud of her tbh I don't know if it's something I'd personally like as it looks like it's aimed more at teenagers but for what it's worth it looks like she worked hard on it and actually gave a shit (which is refreshing when it comes to YouTuber books).
i don't know a lot about her but i remember seeing a bunch of post from her slamming youtube books and the youtubers who made them. did this actually happen or am i imagining it?
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

iwishiwasacasual wrote:
thephandommenace wrote:I actually really like her book cover/design and it's a good amount of pages and it looks like it has a lot of words in it, I'm so proud of her tbh I don't know if it's something I'd personally like as it looks like it's aimed more at teenagers but for what it's worth it looks like she worked hard on it and actually gave a shit (which is refreshing when it comes to YouTuber books).
i don't know a lot about her but i remember seeing a bunch of post from her slamming youtube books and the youtubers who made them. did this actually happen or am i imagining it?
Haha oh she definitely did and then took it back and then surprise surprise she had a book deal, it's all in this thread, but hey, it looks like a book worthy of being made. I want to give credit where credit is due. (But at the same time, what was that old saying? Don't judge a book by its cover? So it could be really terrible, there's no way of knowing till it's out, but I'll remain optimistic.)
iwishiwasacasual
glabella

thephandommenace wrote:
iwishiwasacasual wrote:
Haha oh she definitely did and then took it back and then surprise surprise she had a book deal, it's all in this thread, but hey, it looks like a book worthy of being made. I want to give credit where credit is due. (But at the same time, what was that old saying? Don't judge a book by its cover? So it could be really terrible, there's no way of knowing till it's out, but I'll remain optimistic.)
thanks for explaining it to my lazy ass when i could have just done the smallest amount of resaerch and answered it myself :D
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

she probably wrote 3 pages for it (got bored like she does of everything else) and then had someone ghost write the rest for her. i guess we will never know that though lmao
onetruetrash
blobfish

dans left hand wrote:she probably wrote 3 pages for it (got bored like she does of everything else) and then had someone ghost write the rest for her. i guess we will never know that though lmao
I've watched her weekly vlogs and from what I can see, she did actually write the whole thing.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

onetruetrash wrote:
dans left hand wrote:she probably wrote 3 pages for it (got bored like she does of everything else) and then had someone ghost write the rest for her. i guess we will never know that though lmao
I've watched her weekly vlogs and from what I can see, she did actually write the whole thing.

proud of you being able to tolerate her videos
onetruetrash
blobfish

dans left hand wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:

proud of you being able to tolerate her videos
"tolerate" Maybe I just don't hate her and find her interesting?