Emma Blackery

mintsans
sofa crease

trashqueen wrote:well everyone believes she broke up with luke so maybe that? or idk what her status with cherry (ex best friend, they had a fall out and then became friendly again) is atm but maybe her??? we can tell it's not d&p bc she said there was a response and they wouldn't give her one lbr

honestly idk this girl has problems with so many people it's impossible to follow
i second the cherry theory (heh :) ) and honestly she's way better off without emma, who sounds condescending and pitying when you don't fawn over her "good intentions" apparently.

ugh why must she ruin EVERYTHING for me? :facepalm:
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

oh my god her new video
i was already cringing when i saw the title
now i'm 40 seconds in and i'm screaming
'this is why i stopped bitching about other creators' BITCH WHEN?? A WEEK AGO???? oh my god

ok i'm gonna live comment my experience because this looks promising:
did she just said she was the 'fucking paris hilton of youtube' guuuurl
ok the sister thing kinda makes sense but i still think kids are not that dumb
now she's.... contradicting herself????
'people should be called out but i'm not gonna do that (because then other creators start to dislike me and i have no one to collab with)' basically
OH MY GOD SHE'S BRINGING UP THE HAZEL DRAMA AGAIN
yes hazel was wrong but let it goooooo
she's saying that her 'sassy' old ask emmas were rude..... okay maybe? but it was her last (i think?) ask emma where she told a lgbt kid with an homophobic dad to not worry about it because 'at least your mom is cool' that was way more rude than any sassy response
'i'm now friends with alfie' are you? really?
ooooh she mentioned the dan and phil drama, what a surprise //sarcasm off

well that was a wild ride, it wasn't as bad as i expected tbh, i mean most of the stuff she said does make sense, but it's funny to see her talking about it because give her a month and she's gonna probably be shading someone else or getting involved in some kind of drama
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
kay
phabergé

trashqueen wrote:oh my god her new video
i was already cringing when i saw the title
now i'm 40 seconds in and i'm screaming
'this is why i stopped bitching about other creators' BITCH WHEN?? A WEEK AGO???? oh my god

ok i'm gonna live comment my experience because this looks promising:
did she just said she was the 'fucking paris hilton of youtube' guuuurl
ok the sister thing kinda makes sense but i still think kids are not that dumb
now she's.... contradicting herself????
'people should be called out but i'm not gonna do that (because then other creators start to dislike me and i have no one to collab with)' basically
OH MY GOD SHE'S BRINGING UP THE HAZEL DRAMA AGAIN
yes hazel was wrong but let it goooooo
she's saying that her 'sassy' old ask emmas were rude..... okay maybe? but it was her last (i think?) ask emma where she told a lgbt kid with an homophobic dad to not worry about it because 'at least your mom is cool' that was way more rude than any sassy response
'i'm now friends with alfie' are you? really?
ooooh she mentioned the dan and phil drama, what a surprise //sarcasm off

well that was a wild ride, it wasn't as bad as i expected tbh, i mean most of the stuff she said does make sense, but it's funny to see her talking about it because give her a month and she's gonna probably be shading someone else or getting involved in some kind of drama
I watched it pretty much through permanent side eye but if she's being genuine then I really hope this is a new leaf for her (again) and all this reflection and self-improvement sticks this time. I don't think she's a bad person at heart but she's seriously, seriously in need of a values and ethics check and hopefully that's what she got and what spawned this video. Maybe she'll start thinking up her own video themes and not stealing others'?

Her acknowledging talking shit about "with a friend" -- can we expect Evan to make his own come clean video? :roll:
sad dimple
smol bean

Emma needs to stop harking back to the past and just LET IT GO

She won't though, as mentioning/referencing Dan and Phil every other video get people talking about her and make her feel like she's still relevant.

She changes the direction of her channels on a whim and seems to not genuinely care about her audience at all.
felucca
truth bomb

Emma's been doing this shit (feeling sorry for herself one week and then turning around to shade someone new the next) for as long as she's been on my radar - it's the reason she IS on my radar - and of course she should stop but I don't she's actually able to/actually wants to. I kind of hate myself for paying attention to it at all but I just can't look away.
achika wrote:Her acknowledging talking shit about "with a friend" -- can we expect Evan to make his own come clean video? :roll:
Evan already has! I don't remember the video but basically he blamed it on falling in with a bad crowd. Anyone remember what video it was?
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
majitzu
angel bean

felucca wrote:Emma's been doing this shit (feeling sorry for herself one week and then turning around to shade someone new the next) for as long as she's been on my radar - it's the reason she IS on my radar - and of course she should stop but I don't she's actually able to/actually wants to. I kind of hate myself for paying attention to it at all but I just can't look away.
achika wrote:Her acknowledging talking shit about "with a friend" -- can we expect Evan to make his own come clean video? :roll:
Evan already has! I don't remember the video but basically he blamed it on falling in with a bad crowd. Anyone remember what video it was?
Fel... why dont you post here the timeline you post yesterday in the D&P thread?
felucca
truth bomb

^ Oh right, I should.

For those of you who missed it I've been working on putting together a sort of FAQ post about Emma for the Dan and Phil section of the forum. This is what I've got so far - feel free to suggest any changes or screenshots to add.

The Emma Blackery File

Who is Emma Blackery?
Basically, Emma is a former dangirl turned popular youtuber [YouTube]. To the phandom she is one of those extremely polarizing persons, that some people like a lot and others utterly despise, and all the opinions inbetween. However most people who know the first thing about Emma's history with Dan and Phil will agree that the relationship's been problematic at best, and even Emma herself has admitted to being out of line and apologised multiple times. Let's take a look at why.

Dan & Phil interacting with Emma
For starters, it's worth noting that everything that's ever actually happened (publicly) between these three happened in 2013. Dan and Phil haven't (publicly) interacted with Emma before or after, that I'm aware.

March and May 2013 Dan mentioned Emma twice:

Chat: Do a video with Emma Blackery!
Dan: ....probably not.
Chat: Do you know Emma Blackery?
Dan: Of course I do! I met her once, at the creator space in London and she was really nice, with a fantastically bright hair colour like Hayley Williams.
[Note: June-July 2013 was when most of the charlieskies twitter bullying Emma took part of happened.]

In July 2013 they collabed with her during YouTube Geek Week, filming this video:

[Phil's tweet from when they filmed the video.] [Phil took a selfie with Emma at the set. ]

In September 2013 Emma and Dan both got to meet Placebo [picture]. According to Emma she now apologised in person for the way she'd acted and persuaded Dan to follow her on Twitter [source].

Dan unfollowed Emma on Twitter 11 Nov 2013 on her birthday.
Phil unfollowed Emma on Twitter 15 Jan 2014.
[picture]

And that's it, from Dan and Phil's side.

A brief history of Emma
Back when Emma first started out as a youtuber she used to tweet Dan a lot and try to get his attention (2012-2013). It didn't work out. With time (2013) she grew frustrated and started being mean instead - talking shit about Dan on Twitter and for example taking an active part in charlieskies' twitter bullying of Dan in 2013. (Which was in June-July, so good thing Dan didn't follow her on Twitter until September I guess.) In comparison 2014 was a calm year, but still with its incidents. 2015 was a strange year with Emma throwing around A LOT of shade, then apologising for it and saying she's a changed woman who's seen the error of her ways, just to keep throwing more shade right after, apologising again, throwing more shade, apologising... and so on and so forth for the better part of the year. In 2016 so far she's back to being a changed woman.

In Emma's own words
Now, all of this is no secret - Emma herself has acknowledged this behaviour many, many times and expressed regret for acting this way. Here's Emma talking about Dan in an interview for Teneighty Magazine in 2015:

http://teneightymagazine.com/2015/08/29 ... de-within/
In fact, it’s this moment we begin to talk about some of her outbursts on Twitter, which she believes has done damage to many of her relationships within the YouTube community. “Speaking my mind is easy. Dealing with the consequences is the difficult part,” Emma states.

One example of this, is how things went down with Dan Howell. “He was one of the first YouTubers I watched, and naturally I really looked up to him,” says Emma. “I had this silly idea that one day I would collab with him, and as I was getting bigger and bigger, I kept messaging him and he never replied.”

This led to Emma becoming resentful and eventually badmouthing him on social media. “I was hurt,” she says, “but I know now that it all came from a rather silly and somewhat selfish place.”

However, that wasn’t the end of it. The pair crossed paths when Emma had the opportunity to interview Placebo – her favourite band – and she admits feeling a whirlwind of emotions. “I felt nervous, angry and excited all at once,” she says, “but overall I felt embarrassed for the things I said online. I went over and apologised profusely, and then my inner fangirl kicked in and I, sort of, cornered him into following me on Twitter.”

There was a moment in particular that helped her to see how she sometimes comes across on social media. When Dan eventually unfollowed her, he DM’ed her explaining that he had no hard feelings but would prefer to avoid seeing drama on his Twitter feed. “I get it. I sometimes feel that way too, and in the past I haven’t been able to stop myself getting involved,” says Emma.

“I still really respect Dan. He was a massive influence on my channel,” she says. “It’s only now that I realised how irritating I’ve been along the way. I acted out of hurt when he did nothing intentionally.”

Emma hopes that one day he may look past how she acted, but also gets why he – and others – may want to keep her at arm’s length. “ I don’t know if I’ll ever have the opportunity to make it right, but all I care about is for him to know I’m sorry,” she reflects.
Here's a post Emma made on her own Guru Gossip thread in 2015:

(Dan & Phil part only)

Full post:

Confirmation it was really her:
And in 2016 she talked about her support of the charlieskies twitter bullying on her main channel (11:49):
"I used to laugh along with a friend who was really nasty to Dan and Phil. I used to think it was fun to sort of show tweets of support to that and, and feed off that drama, that's what I used to do, I used to be like that. And looking at it now I'm not even that person now, it's weird that that's me I don't, I don't think in those negative ways anymore."
In the words of screenshots
A short timeline of relevant screenshots (not all of them obviously).

just your typical phandom tweets tbh, y'all know how it is
post-fangirl stage
Supporting charlieskies
(see Charlie's own post for full context, all of his tweets not included)

post-post-fangirl stage

^D&P playing Troye Sivan on the radio

Timecode drama (D&P play FNAF):
regrets, apologies and shade about books and tours

In 2015 Emma threw around A LOT of shade about youtubers writing books and going on tours. Some of it sounded suspiciously like it was about Dan & Phil specifically - firstly because of her timing (often right after they announced something new) and secondly because of the details (mentioning specific prices that just happened to be the exact price D&P took for the same thing). Though obviously she could have been talking about someone else or no one in specific, too ( :sideeye: ).
Did this happen after D&P announced their tour? Answer: Yes.

Did Dan & Phil's book go for that price? Answer: Yes.

"I don't like when youtubers plug it as if to say like, you know - 'you must buy this book because there's stuff in here you've never seen.' ... That kind of blackmail like, you know... 'What really happened on this holiday' or 'How I really feel about this stuff', and if you haven't got that book you feel like less of a fan and that bugs me. If you've got something to say about yourself - put it in a fucking video, alright?"
"What really happened on this holiday", you didn't by any chance mean "What really happened in Vegas"?
Buuut I'm sure all of that is just coincidence.

Here are some tweets that were actually about Dan and Phil or the phandom:
Including this one for the lulz:
Not a drama free person
It should be noted that Emma's like this in general. She calls people out and starts drama, it's what she does - not just the phandom and Dan and Phil, but other youtubers as well.
Copying Dan?
This is a topic that comes up a lot, seeing as some people have accused Emma of copying Dan basically since the moment she started Youtube. It is up to each and everyone's own interpretation what they think.

A recent example would be them both making a meme video at the start of 2016:

^ video by http://elecocochoco.tumblr.com go check 'em out

Dan made his video "The Top Dan Howell Memes of 2015" from pictures his fans had already created and spread around of their own free will.
Emma made her video "I AM A MEME" after asking her fans on Tumblr to edit one of her pictures, then deleting the post where she asked for this help before uploading the video, and preteding in the video like this all happened spontaneously because she's such a meme.
"I became a meme. Oh I am not kidding. I was asked to do a photo shoot for an event that I'm hosting and I was told to stand by these giant metal letters that spelt the word YES. And I was like, 'Nothing can go wrong with this, this is... this is a great idea'. That photo makes it online, you guys take it deep into your hearts, and truly shit it back out. Thank you."
GOOD NEWS THOUGH!
Emma is no longer cringe af as of 2016.

jsyk
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
clarinetupmyass
squish

Trying to like this girl but that music video of hers was the most painful 3 minutes of my life good god :|

She has a decent voice but the song reminds me of something from an episode of Hannah Montana and watching her try to be RAD AND EDGY made me want to weep. Good on her for following through with her dreams i guess... but come on :roll:
daphenaxa
blobfish

clarinetupmyass wrote:Trying to like this girl but that music video of hers was the most painful 3 minutes of my life good god :|

She has a decent voice but the song reminds me of something from an episode of Hannah Montana and watching her try to be RAD AND EDGY made me want to weep. Good on her for following through with her dreams i guess... but come on :roll:
oops I couldn't watch it all but dear, she is literally trying to be Avril Lavigne but 10 years too late and with less going for her.
Honestly I really dislike her for all those things Fel posted above ( as usual) but I also dislike her for something less tangible is that she always makes me so uncomfortable and embarrassed for her because she tries so much to be cool but it is just not happening and I hate the way she makes me feel all cringey af every time.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

clarinetupmyass wrote:Trying to like this girl but that music video of hers was the most painful 3 minutes of my life good god :|

If you took out the swearing and the bottle smashing this is a music video that could appear on Disney channel... :?
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

lol yeah it sounds like a pop punk song from 2007, but very badly edited, all the instruments sound like noise tbh

the music video is cringy af too but at least it looks better than it sounds (not that that's saying much)

i find it very hard to believe that someone her age in the year 2016 would enjoy this type of music, to me it looks like she's trying to appeal to the 12 years old of today that were born too late to enjoy the time when panic! at the disco, fall out boy and my chemical romance were cool and everyone wanted to go to warped tour, but she's not doing a very good job
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Definitely felt like she was trying to be Avril. I think she is trying to keep up the look as she is touring with Busted so must put out that type of music. It isn't really working for her
(how she is touring with Busted I don't know still)

Annoys me even more that she is wearing the sequin Bomber Jacket from Topshop :sobs:
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

Oooohhhh boy.

There is a lot wrong with this video. And don't get me wrong, I am a unapologetic sucker for pop-punk but this?
The outfits are a mess, the music is so immensely generic and dated, not to mention poorly produced. I love her speaking voice as it's so unique, but it's very monotone with singing. And her acting, my god. In every shot she was making the "I just smelled something foul" face and she acted like the kind of girl you yell at your guy friend for dating because every time he takes her anywhere all she does is bitch about how everyone at the party sucks and the party is lame and she wants to go home.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

That video is almost parody bad. Like seriously what is up with that "party"?

There was about six people there all together and for some reason they were all either a young man or an elderly woman (what kind of party was that supposed to be exactly? :sideeye: ).

So we have her at this really cool cougar party stomping around death glaring and pushing the grandmothers while the young preppy boys chat and don't seem to notice her existence. Naturally as she's so bad ass (*cough*) she starts acting up for attention and as her big moves she ruins the very pitiful food spread of a few hot dogs and a trifle and then the old cliches of squirting everyone with the water hose and pushing the boy who broke her heart into the pool. What an exiting and original concept.
Also bonus points for the fact they legitimately had the preppy boy standing at the pool with a tennis racket in his hand. As you do.
And then to add to the cringe we have her bouncing around a garage in a sparkly outfit. Just no.

Emma if you're reading this and you hired someone to come up with that concept for you you need to fire them immediately and if it was all your idea start hiring people to think for you in the future.
RRR98
drama llama

sunday wrote:

If you took out the swearing and the bottle smashing this is a music video that could appear on Disney channel... :?
Well if the shoe fits.... She tries so hard to be edgy and she just isn't.
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

cora808 wrote:Oooohhhh boy.

There is a lot wrong with this video. And don't get me wrong, I am a unapologetic sucker for pop-punk but this?
The outfits are a mess, the music is so immensely generic and dated, not to mention poorly produced. I love her speaking voice as it's so unique, but it's very monotone with singing. And her acting, my god. In every shot she was making the "I just smelled something foul" face and she acted like the kind of girl you yell at your guy friend for dating because every time he takes her anywhere all she does is bitch about how everyone at the party sucks and the party is lame and she wants to go home.
LOL, ikr? I mean I love pop punk as much as the next person (providing the next person also has a tattoo of FOB lyrics), but with that at least 65% of my attention was all "WTF are you wearing girl just NO". I don't hate the song, but it's completely forgettable.
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

... Tbh it is not a surprise
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

Kathrynxjane wrote:

coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

cora808 wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:

The video description is ''Two egotistical craps discuss something nobody really cares about ;)'' How very accurate.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
daphenaxa
blobfish

i read something recently that says that people who stay friends with their exes have more chances to be psychopaths. I think this applies to these 2.
That's weird after 3 years to be so happy to break up no?
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
coffee pig
woodland creature

daphenaxa wrote:i read something recently that says that people who stay friends with their exes have more chances to be psychopaths. I think this applies to these 2.
I think that they are just putting up a happy front for the camera, I can't imagine that they could really be that okay with breaking up after such a long time. Then again, who knows? What an attention-seeking pair of narcissists. I'm almost glad that they broke up, because they made each other worse. I'm curious in a kind of ''this is a train wreck but I can't look away'' way to see who Emma is going to move on to next.
fancybum
senpai

I think she's trying to emulate Shane Dawson's view-whoring relationship with Lisa (his ex). Just wait for Luke/Emma to put out their Ex Bf/Gf Tags because they're so mature and friendly.
bedhead91 wrote: I'm curious in a kind of ''this is a train wreck but I can't look away'' way to see who Emma is going to move on to next.
Would the Internet actually explode if she and Dan got together? It would be the worst and best thing to ever happen just for the sheer confusion and hysteria. Ok mostly just the worst thing.

$5 it'll be a musician to help with her rebranding.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
PolarFox
truth bomb

bedhead91 wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:i read something recently that says that people who stay friends with their exes have more chances to be psychopaths. I think this applies to these 2.
I think that they are just putting up a happy front for the camera, I can't imagine that they could really be that okay with breaking up after such a long time. Then again, who knows? What an attention-seeking pair of narcissists. I'm almost glad that they broke up, because they made each other worse. I'm curious in a kind of ''this is a train wreck but I can't look away'' way to see who Emma is going to move on to next.
But... I'm friends with almost all my exes, even though our relationships weren't that nice, so I don't see why they couldn't be friends even after such long relationship. But perhaps I'm the weirdo.
And even then, wtf Emma and Luke... Why even make a vid about it? If they were relationship vloggers like Lush were, I'd get that, but like that? lol, attention seekers.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
bee
phabergé

PolarFox wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:
But... I'm friends with almost all my exes, even though our relationships weren't that nice, so I don't see why they couldn't be friends even after such long relationship. But perhaps I'm the weirdo.
And even then, wtf Emma and Luke... Why even make a vid about it? If they were relationship vloggers like Lush were, I'd get that, but like that? lol, attention seekers.
Then I'm a weirdo too :platonic:

I haven't watched the video but I could understand making a joint statement like that. I would myself feel a sense of responsibility to the viewers, and wanting to 'close' it on a somewhat good note. To move on? For yourself and the viewers. Because otherwise you would stay stuck and this somewhat weird twilight zone of being viewed as "Emma and Luke" with the viewers. But then again I don't understand (and therefore watch) Emma or Luke so I don't know.

Making such a video alone can also be very weird. I was heavily into wachting the CTFxC when Charles alone suddenly posted that Divorce video telling the audience. The nastiness and confusion afterwards in the whole CTFxC sphere was not pleasant.
coffee pig
woodland creature

bee wrote:
PolarFox wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:
Then I'm a weirdo too :platonic:

I haven't watched the video but I could understand making a joint statement like that. I would myself feel a sense of responsibility to the viewers, and wanting to 'close' it on a somewhat good note. To move on? For yourself and the viewers. Because otherwise you would stay stuck and this somewhat weird twilight zone of being viewed as "Emma and Luke" with the viewers. But then again I don't understand (and therefore watch) Emma or Luke so I don't know.

Making such a video alone can also be very weird. I was heavily into wachting the CTFxC when Charles alone suddenly posted that Divorce video telling the audience. The nastiness and confusion afterwards in the whole CTFxC sphere was not pleasant.
Like PolarFox said, making a joint statement would make sense if they had a relationship channel, like Charlies and Alli Trippy or Kalel and Anthony, but they don't. They've never branded themselves to their audience as ''Emma and Luke'' as a package deal. They only reason anyone even knows that they are dating is because they themselves revealed it in a video in the first place. Most YouTubers like to take the subtle route by casually mentioning it on Twitter, like how Hazel confirmed her relationship with Jack, or just not mentioning it at all and letting people make their own assumptions. (Or be outed by Jim Chapman. ;)) From the beginning, these two were determined to take the opposite route.

I'd bet more than 5 dollars on it being a musician, fancybum. Not a good musician either, but a second-rate musician who needs the exposure just as badly as she does. I'm hoping she'll date a girl next, because I feel like she gives off sapphic vibes sometimes and I want to know if my gaydar is still accurate.