Gleam Team

sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Do you guys follow them. I used to religiously, I think they were the ones that pull me in to the world of youtubers. I have to say their management did well in promoting them and getting them opportunities outside youtube. However I do foresee their bubble is about to burst unless they manage to reinvent along the way as they can't keep recycling challenges video.

I still can't understand how Zoella managed to amass such huge followings as her quality of video in comparison to other beauty/lifestyle gurus is considerably low. It is also interesting to watch how the tide turn, once Marcus was the top guy in Gleam and currently he is struggling for views.
akui
blobfish

Here are all the gleamers.

I don't follow them, but some of them I use to follow (i use to follow a lot of beaty gurus), Jim Chapman's sisters are quite nice, i really like their makeup brushes and sponge, and claire marshall, her videos are very nicely edited.

I like Louise a lot but I don't follow her, because i'm no interested i vlogs, but she is a very lovable woman.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

I'm not subscribed to any of them. I watched the Saccone-Jolys for a while (cos cute babies, and car-crash parents, let's be real...!), and tend to kinda keep tabs on what Louise is up to (literally bumped into her in Liverpool one day, she's a sweetie!)
The rest? Nahhhh, I'll pass. Or, truth be told, actively avoid, unless they pop up in other people's channels/vlogs etc, and I'll look at the corresponding day to get more of who I do want to watch.

That said, Gleam (the management!) are very good at pushing their clients (well, their flavour of the month, anyhow!) forward.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Of that entire group, the only one I watch regularly anymore is Louise and I don't even catch every video of hers. I think I still have potential to like Zoe because I think a lot of her big missteps were made out of naivety not malice, but I just cannot tolerate Alfie enough to watch her vlogs and I'm not a huge fan of hauls and beauty stuff. Once in a while I watch her baking videos, just because I like her aesthetic. (aka I'm jealous of her bakeware.)
DryCereal
koi pond

alittledizzy wrote:(aka I'm jealous of her bakeware.)
Watch Sorted Food instead. Thank me later! ;)
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I feel like most of my early youtube watching was Gleamers, but now I barely watch any of them tbh. I do really like Lily Pebbles and Viviannadoesmakeup though as I find both their videos and blogposts to be way more interesting and creative than the rest of that lot..
Sometimes I watch Louise's vlogs (mostly if D&P are in them).
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
Jeweul
sad dimple

I really dislike the Saccone-Jolys and Alfie. I like Zoe's vlogs sometimes when I want to feel better about myself.
corn flakes
moon room

The only one that I watch and like is Niomi, the rest of them I try to avoid and dislike heavily.
Every now and then I keep up with Louise, but it could probably be because of deppy.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
RRR98
drama llama

How close is each member of the gleam team to D&P?
bluebox-away
woodland creature

RRR98 wrote:How close is each member of the gleam team to D&P?
I think only Louise is close to them really? Some of the others invite them to launches and stuff too but I think that's more a formality than them actually being close friends or anything..
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
DryCereal
koi pond

Jeweul wrote:I really dislike the Saccone-Jolys and Alfie. I like Zoe's vlogs sometimes when I want to feel better about myself.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaade(!!!)
iero
phabergé

i'm not subscribed to any of them nor have i ever really watched them. from what i've seen of louise though collab wise i like her.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

Tbh the only one I love is Louise. She seems to be the only fully genuine one who is actually funny. I went to her Louise Live last year!

When I first started, I only really watched the gleamer. I was subbed to all of them and watched every single vlog and video they did.
I am only now subbed/ watch Zoe and Louise. I hate the Saccone-Jolys and really dislike Janya. Marcus is boring and Alfie is so up himself nowadays!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Mykie
placenta

Can't stand the family vloggers tbh .I mean who in their right mind uses their kids to earn a living ? I thought it was against the law !
vincentian
hobbit hair

I gave most of big Gleamers' videos a watch when getting into youtube totally not because I was looking for D&P in the background , but I only really enjoyed a few of Louise’s vlogs. And I loved her bff chemistry with Jack Howard (sorry to those who can’t stomach him) while it lasted, they seemed genuine close friends above all and their personalities clash in an endearing way. Though I find her attitude and choices controversial sometimes. Under the spoiler are my favourite Louise’s vlogs without deppy (but with Jack), bc I appreciate openly sentimental people..is that weird.

blueapple_x
flower crown

vincentian wrote: And I loved her bff chemistry with Jack Howard (sorry to those who can’t stomach him) while it lasted, they seemed genuine close friends above all and their personalities clash in an endearing way. Though I find her attitude and choices controversial sometimes.
Do her and Jack not hang out anymore or something?

Also, what about her attitude/choices are controversial? Just curious. I don't watch any of the gleamers but I do like Louise based on what I've seen of her.
swofro
angel bean

I used to subscribed to both Caspar and Joe because I love their roommate dynamics and sometimes Joe tends to be creative but since their content is no longer that good, I have stop watching them. I watch Zoella's make up tutorial sometime because she is pretty.
Love is forever
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

blueapple_x wrote:
vincentian wrote: And I loved her bff chemistry with Jack Howard (sorry to those who can’t stomach him) while it lasted, they seemed genuine close friends above all and their personalities clash in an endearing way. Though I find her attitude and choices controversial sometimes.
Do her and Jack not hang out anymore or something?

Also, what about her attitude/choices are controversial? Just curious. I don't watch any of the gleamers but I do like Louise based on what I've seen of her.[/quote]

Ever since Jack and Hazel started dating Jack and Louise sort of stopped hanging out as much. Louise said that December was a hard month and basically pushed away her friends (basically She was talking about Jack)
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
blueapple_x
flower crown

Kathrynxjane wrote:Ever since Jack and Hazel started dating Jack and Louise sort of stopped hanging out as much. Louise said that December was a hard month and basically pushed away her friends (basically She was talking about Jack)
Lol I didn't even know Hazel and Jack were dating. Was she engaged to someone else at one point or am I making that up?

Hazel and Louise are still good friends though right? Did Louise give obvious hints she was talking about Jack? And why December? Is that when Hazel and Jack became a thing? I don't follow any of them but this sounds interesting lol.
vincentian
hobbit hair

blueapple_x wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:Ever since Jack and Hazel started dating Jack and Louise sort of stopped hanging out as much. Louise said that December was a hard month and basically pushed away her friends (basically She was talking about Jack)
Lol I didn't even know Hazel and Jack were dating. Was she engaged to someone else at one point or am I making that up?
You are right, Hazel broke up with her long-term boyfriend around August last year and was very down for a while (no idea about the enagagement though). Jack was there to help. :sideeye:
blueapple_x wrote:Hazel and Louise are still good friends though right? Did Louise give obvious hints she was talking about Jack? And why December? Is that when Hazel and Jack became a thing? I don't follow any of them but this sounds interesting lol.
Doesn't seem like Jack and Louise or Hazel and Louise had a falling off (no interesting drama as far as I'm aware soz ), but yeah, Jack and Hazel admitted to dating around Christmas time (many people called it earlier). Also Jack was apparently very busy with his and Dean's new series, though it sounds like an excuse. But it would be weird if he kept hanging in Louise's house (doing huzband-y things) as much as he used to now that he is with Hazel. Also Louise started seeing a professional for her mental health, so probably was not feeling that great anyway, and she mentioned in a vlog that spending less time with her friends (including Jack) was one of the reasons why.
blueapple_x wrote:Also, what about her attitude/choices are controversial? Just curious. I don't watch any of the gleamers but I do like Louise based on what I've seen of her.
She is often 'accused' of treating herself like a princess, and I agree sometimes she's going overboard talking about 'me-time' she definitely needs and deserves all the time. I dislike her online promo style, I mean all youtubers do it, but hers is especially cringe-y and in-the-face, smh :-? learn from your peers. I won't try to judge her parenting style, but putting her daughter so often in her vlogs (idk if Darcy minds or not or too young to mind) seems at least controversial (and lol her ex-husband does it too when he spends weekends with Darcy, she's like an ever rolling trophy for the camera). Don't mean to trash her too much tho, she seems generally ok.
sweetmm
angel bean

I have a feeling that there was an underline "feeling" between Louise & Jack but Jack did not act on it as it was too early to Louise's break-up. However the US guy just jump in and took the opportunity to sweep Louise off her feet and took her for a ride.

Jack and Hazel move fast as I think Jack did not want to loose out again; if my "theory" about him and Louise was right Jack did not want to loose out 3rd time. The first was Carrie.

I am following Gleam's attempt to revive Marcus by pushing Malfie brand all over the town lately.
blueapple_x
flower crown

vincentian wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:
You are right, Hazel broke up with her long-term boyfriend around August last year and was very down for a while (no idea about the enagagement though). Jack was there to help. :sideeye:
Thanks for answering all my questions! I was probably just remembering her long-time boyfriend and for some reason I thought they were engaged.
fancybum
senpai

blueapple_x wrote:
vincentian wrote:
blueapple_x wrote: Lol I didn't even know Hazel and Jack were dating. Was she engaged to someone else at one point or am I making that up?
Thanks for answering all my questions! I was probably just remembering her long-time boyfriend and for some reason I thought they were engaged.
They broke up in July per her TOTM series and according to this:
she and Jack must have started dating in Sept/Oct? Which seems pretty fast right after ending a years-long serious relationship. But maybe the fact that they've known each other so long kind of cancels out the potential-reboundness of it?

I don't always like either of them but I wish them the best; taking a relationship public on youtube is always risky.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
random
crusty sponge

I am subscribed to Caspar, Joe and Zoe. While I don't watch most of Zoella's content(not really into fashion/makeup), I don't mind watching her collabs. Joe and Caspar make me laugh, so I like watching them. I think I subscribed to them when the whole prank war was at its height.
DryCereal
koi pond

Mykie wrote:Can't stand the family vloggers tbh .I mean who in their right mind uses their kids to earn a living ? I thought it was against the law !
Another example of "irl" not yet having caught up with changes/trends online. Kids working under contracts, for example on stage/tv/music etc are subject to all sorts of legal rules/protection, but at present there's no regulation for daily vlogging/parents filming their kids and putting it online. :| apart from obvious - if they are daft enough to film other crimes and then make public