Ash Hardell

greenergrass
stress mushroom

I've just recently started watching Ash Hardell's videos, starting from the beginning and making my way to the newest videos (not every single video because that would take ages, but most of the ones that catch my eye).

Anyways, I love them so much and wanted to make a thread to discuss. (side note - I'm using they/them in this post since I haven't made my way through all videos yet and am not completely aware of where they stand gender-wise right now. I checked twitter, and their bio says 'pronoun indifferent', so I assume they/them is fine to use).

I just finished watching the following video, and damn they are both a great person and also just really talented. It's such effortless poetry, written and delivered so well.

There's lots of other really good videos, and I'm sure more to come as I make my way through, but just wanted to drop that one here as an example of some of the content they make.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

before i even start reading the post, the words "pronoun indifferent" caught my eye so i had to check this person out. theres no rhyme or reason to it, im just currently exploring whether im non-binary or some other label that im not as knowledgeable on yet, but one things for sure, i am pretty indifferent towards my own gender and i was curious to see other people's experiences that might be similar to mine.

anyways, i digress....i really like the way they delivered their words and how it flowed easily. watched a couple videos and i could totally say their videos are interesting. i think this video in particular would help some of the people in the phandom greatly *sips my tea*

"you are next to me in my life"
arequian
crusty sponge
Pronouns: they/them

I really love Ash's videos, their content is so good and the editing is just beautiful. Also their comedy videos are really funny. This one is a spon but it still counts.

@ame Ash and their wife Grace were on the last episode of the podcast You're So Brave talking about their identities and gendered words and other trans stuff (also, it's hilarious), I thought you might be interested. :D
lesterchuu
philussy

@arequian thanks a bunch! ill go check it out
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Still making my way through all Ash's videos, and loving them. The videos are (mostly) all so fucking good.

Here's a lighthearted one that's making me laugh so much. I love a parody. (this is part 2 of a 3 part thing, so if you're gonna watch, go back to the first video. Linking this one because I just finished watching it and have it handy)

The shade is amazing. Also, I love 10:35: "True fans don't question youtubers." lmao sounds like a discussion that has happened in the d&p fandom a million times. Love it, love ash.

Edit:

Okay, just watched the video right after the last one (looks like it's actually a 4 part series lol). I'm dying. This is top content right here. I just love parodies and sarcasm and (fun) shade so much.

greenergrass
stress mushroom

Oh my god, this is so funny. But also scary. People are scary. And proof that canada can be just as bad as the states (saying this as a canadian)
lesterchuu
philussy

whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Oh my god, this is so funny. But also scary. People are scary. And proof that canada can be just as bad as the states (saying this as a canadian)
at first i did a quick double take when they started interviewing that woman and i can see science world in the background since i literally work nearby. now all i could think about was ive probably seen this interview happen but ddnt think too much of it since that area always has news people filming there all the time................god, if only i knew

anyways, i love how they kept it lighthearted and i did genuinely laugh at the funny parts, but the part about the shitty dude talking about an educator labeling a child just sent red flags in my head. i work as an early childhood educator and thats honestly an unprofessional thing to do. were taught to be objective; we do not say "you are very naughty!", were supposed to say "that was not okay. hands are not for hurting friends. i need you to come and ask your friend if he is okay." we are not supposed to label children because we know all too well that the child will internalize it. so yeah, either that educator is not as experienced, or that guy is spinning an exaggerated lie to paint themselves as a victim

overall, it sucks. im also raised as a christian so i know the bigotry and ignorance all too well................................im not even gunna say anything about that but just sigh