Gabbie Hanna

lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

Gabbie Hanna

Post by lesterchuu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:53 pm

i saw theres no topic for her here yet but ive recently watched her "diss track" video and im still thinking about it.

i used to dismiss her as another one of those gregarious and obnoxious youtubers so i never really watched her stuff. ive seen a couple of her videos before and even thought her songs were nice, but i never really caught on as her channel was not my type. so when i saw the diss track on my recommended, i just went "oh, another challenge video? nah, ill pass" but it wasnt until i saw people talking about it and finally seeing it on a react channel that i actually went and finally watched it. in retrospect, i dont think shes the type of youtuber that i can relate to personality-wise but i do definitely start to see her with respect.

considering the youtube culture right now, its a very clever way to make use of a "clickbait" to deliver a message
and honestly, i just got goosebumps
"you are next to me in my life"

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Gabbie Hanna

Post by alittledizzy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:25 pm

I am actually impressed by that diss track. I like her a lot and I like that she owns up to what makes her a popular youtuber... but I tried watching some of her videos with this newfound interest in her and bailed out so quickly. She's not wrong - she's melodramatic, over the top, and very obviously using a huge amount of exaggeration to ramp up the energy level of the storytime videos she has. And her personality in general is that kind of in your face, mildly desperate attention seeking kind that gives me an instant headache.

I did watch her music videos though - and again, found myself not hating them? I very much like the encore one better than the first one. Encore starts at three minutes in.

lesterchuu
philussy

Post by lesterchuu » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:57 pm

@alittledizzy yeah i feel that too. i do get that that over the top dramatics is what hooked people onto her, and in a way, what her demographic is built on...but yeah, im not really into that style either. thats why ive slept on her for so long (considering ive heard about dramas w her here and there, i was not interested at all).

tho, i kind of liked her grwm video right after the diss track because its a lot more chill and less exaggerated than her other ones. it was nice hearing her discuss how her creative process worked, how she values being in the moment with people that actually do care for her, and her putting effort into her own music videos, even paying the entire thing out of her own pocket. even though i may not see eye-to-eye with her persona, her self-awareness and determination is quite admirable.

lesterchuu
philussy

Post by lesterchuu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:19 pm

dang, her newer stuff is starting to interest me a lot more now and i especially liked this one.

i love discussions about psychology and stuff like that and i think she made her topic very clear and concise. at one point she shared her "rule" for separating personal relationships with her work to some extent...and my mind place instantly thought about dnp and their "rare collabs" with people.

idk it just makes you think.