Evan Edinger

apple
not a first-time poster

idk i like watching his videos sometimes but every time he replies to deppy's tweets (and because evan is verified they get a notification) i want to delete his account or atleast find a away to mute him when he replies to their tweets
sorry for my crappy avatar but i couldn't find any 200x200 pixels pics so I googled it and this came up
stella
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

apple wrote:idk i like watching his videos sometimes but every time he replies to deppy's tweets (and because evan is verified they get a notification) i want to delete his account or atleast find a away to mute him when he replies to their tweets
Oh God he drives me insane. I JUST WANT TO GO UP WITH HIM AND YELL "MAYBE IF YOU WERE A LITTLE MORE CHILL THEN D/P MIGHT CONSIDER PAYING ATTENTION TO YOU
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
DryCereal
koi pond

stella2000 wrote:
apple wrote:idk i like watching his videos sometimes but every time he replies to deppy's tweets (and because evan is verified they get a notification) i want to delete his account or atleast find a away to mute him when he replies to their tweets
Oh God he drives me insane. I JUST WANT TO GO UP WITH HIM AND YELL "MAYBE IF YOU WERE A LITTLE MORE CHILL THEN D/P MIGHT CONSIDER PAYING ATTENTION TO YOU
I don't know anything about either Evan or Emma, (and have no intention of wasting time, (however much of it I have spare rn) educating... informing... making myself suffer through their BS, but from what you guys have posted I want to smash both their heads together. Repeatedly. Whilst making certain pointed remarks about self-respect and self-restraint. LOUDLY and CLEARLY.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
timtam
lady door

Evan would be so proud of himself for having his own thread on a D&P forum.

I used to really like Evan but his desperate attempts to befriend D&P makes me cringe.
RRR98
drama llama

What kind of videos does he have the only ones I see in the sidebar are UK vs US stuff. Thats it what does he even DO.
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

RRR98 wrote:What kind of videos does he have the only ones I see in the sidebar are UK vs US stuff. Thats it what does he even DO.
Making puns is his brand and its just as cringe-y as Dan's old llama branding at this point. We get it, dude, you can make a pun out of anything. (though honestly some of them don't even fit the strict definition of pun and really stretch acceptability but okay).

I really like the UK vs US videos unfortunately. I think its fun to compare cultures. I also respect him for maintaining a real life job while doing youtube. ALSO I might have hate watched a liveshow of his and he helped fans with their math homework, which was sweet and an opportunity I wish was available to me in high school. I really could like him if he wasn't so annoying and desperate.
stella
living flop

timtam wrote:Evan would be so proud of himself for having his own thread on a D&P forum.
Hahaha that's true. We're really just feeding him.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
phamnotof
morning quiff

I actually like him? I'd love him if he stopped mentioning D+P, that's the most cringey thing he does & it's been proven not to work so like, WHY DUDE WHY, but I think his videos are fun to watch & relatively original in style.
smarties
glabella

I was curious so I watched some of his videos after all his replies to D&P tweets...
and I have to say that I quite like him especially for the culture comparison videos (as greatnessflicker said).

I don't know if he had realized already that all is replies are cringe-y af and the phandom quite hates him, but at the end of the day he's not a full time youtuber and if he wants to become one and quit his job he needs some more money...so I understand his behaviour in trying use the phandom to gain popularity, but I'm not approving it...

P.s. Remember that he's the one who provide us with this amazing vlog....

at 5:29 the iconic Dan licking his ice cream....
fancybum
senpai

smarties wrote:I was curious so I watched some of his videos after all his replies to D&P tweets...
and I have to say that I quite like him especially for the culture comparison videos (as greatnessflicker said).

I don't know if he had realized already that all is replies are cringe-y af and the phandom quite hates him, but at the end of the day he's not a full time youtuber and if he wants to become one and quit his job he needs some more money...so I understand his behaviour in trying use the phandom to gain popularity, but I'm not approving it...
He actually lost his job a month or so ago, and has since applied for and been approved for a special visa that allows him to stay in the UK whether he's employed or not (as his work visa was what he relied on previously). Right now he's in Australia/New Zealand for a month on holiday, and he said that once he's back he would be going over all of his options (because he's been interviewing for other jobs non-stop since becoming unemployed) and maybe look into YTing full-time instead. I don't hate him, but he annoys me (beyond just the D&P stuff); anybody who laughs at their own jokes that much... I just can't.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
hola
crusty sponge

Now that evan is thinking about becoming a fulltime youtuber, he will probably thing of joining a network. I have a sneaky suspicion that he might try and join channelflip, so he can go to all the network parties so he can see d&p.
vincentian
hobbit hair

I quite like Evan (unrelated to ) and his travel channel is my guilty pleasure. Also #dovan may be my second favourite youtube ship after phan, he and Dodie are really really sweet when they appear in a video together. Idk if he plays it up massively, but it strikes me how highly he speaks of Dodie whenever she is brought up, even if it’s someone else’s video or a liveshow.
Re: Evan and – his history with them is funny and a bit undignified, but I think it’s all fine as long as it doesn’t go as far as irl stalking/filming them (but I understand why many find him annoying). Evan is realistic about his chances to ever be in a collab with D&P though, he honestly addressed it in a ls saying that it’s more likely for him to drive off a cliff than to do a collab with Phil.
hola wrote:Now that evan is thinking about becoming a fulltime youtuber, he will probably thing of joining a network. I have a sneaky suspicion that he might try and join channelflip, so he can go to all the network parties so he can see d&p.
It's certainly a possibility. D&P are Channelflip's biggest asset, I wonder if they'll have a say if they are strongly against it (probably not). :confused:
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

So Evan reblogged this on Tumblr:
http://evanedinger.tumblr.com/post/1437 ... om-somehow

It's a cute drawing, but a bit weird, considering he's not exactly friends with . :? This isn't the first time he's reblogged fanart involving him and , drawn by some sweet misguided soul who thinks they are friends.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

bedhead91 wrote:So Evan reblogged this on Tumblr:
http://evanedinger.tumblr.com/post/1437 ... om-somehow

It's a cute drawing, but a bit weird, considering he's not exactly friends with . :? This isn't the first time he's reblogged fanart involving him and , drawn by some sweet misguided soul who thinks they are friends.
Lol, I was like, "Where's Phil?" Then I realized he's the redhead.

It is interesting that he does stuff like that. I wonder if it's just wish fulfillment or if he's actually trying to fuel the belief that they're all biffles.
busy being happy~
coffee pig
woodland creature

http://evanedinger.tumblr.com/post/1436 ... link-notes

He also creepily reblogged this plost of Dan playing the piano. Again, endearing if they were actually friends, weird because they are not. #EvanEdingerneedstofindchillin2016
I think it's wish fulfillment at this point by someone who knows he's lost his chance at friendship by being a desperate fanboy.
Philena
blobfish

bedhead91 wrote:http://evanedinger.tumblr.com/post/1436 ... link-notes

He also creepily reblogged this plost of Dan playing the piano. Again, endearing if they were actually friends, weird because they are not. #EvanEdingerneedstofindchillin2016
I think it's wish fulfillment at this point by someone who knows he's lost his chance at friendship by being a desperate fanboy.
Ha, I was just about to defend Evan when you posted this... But, nah. He's a weirdo.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

I'm going to second vincentian in saying that he's just a bit of an undignified fan.He doesn't mind appearing like a phanboy.
DryCereal
koi pond

You could understand/excuse reblogging the picture - he's in it, but Dan playing piano? We're back to shameless fan territory.
If you can distance yourself from the second-hand embarrassment, it's fairly entertaining though.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
coffee pig
woodland creature

spaceguitar wrote:I'm going to second vincentian in saying that he's just a bit of an undignified fan.He doesn't mind appearing like a phanboy.
I wouldn't mind his phanboying (I find it endearing when CrankthatFrank does it, for instance,) if it wasn't for his past behavior which involved bullying Dan on Twitter with Luke, Emma, and Charlie. Not to mention him tweeting about Voldy. :? That's crossing a line for me. I find it annoying that he's pretending like all of that never happened.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I can't decide if Evan really is a big Dan and Phil fan or if his misguidedly trying to win over the phandom by pretending to be one of them. It's all very odd to me.

The twitter stuff makes me cringe the most because Evan is verified they will actually get a message when he tweets using their usernames. Please Evan just stop. I'm cringing for you.

Particularly as I personally don't buy his under the illusion Dan and Phil and him are all cool, like they might be too polite to actually be rude to his face when they see him at YT stuff but I think he knows there is bad blood there because of him tweeting about Voldy in stuff.
RRR98
drama llama

How much of his subscribers do you think are also s subscribers?
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

oh my, the beginning of evan's new video reaches connor franta-level pretentiousness/#fakedeep

but i could have predicted the whole thing about how being jobless makes him feel. most people do not deal well with unstructured time, no matter how much we complain about not having enough free time. you either come up with ways to deal with all that free time (create a schedule, impose some regularity on your life) or you end up like dan lol. Seems to me one of the pitfalls of turning your hobby (youtube) into your career.

whatever sympathy i had for him though was kind of ruined when he talked about his relationship with girls. I guess I can't judge because i've never been in a relationship, but the whole "I only like people not interested in me and when we develop mutual feelings I lose interest" seems really childish. like, i'm sure a lot of people deal with that at some point but then they grow up and learn how to love someone beyond infatuation and make a commitment.
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

ALSO, who the heck filmed him in the bed and walking through the park? haha
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

greatnessflicker wrote:oh my, the beginning of evan's new video reaches connor franta-level pretentiousness/#fakedeep

but i could have predicted the whole thing about how being jobless makes him feel. most people do not deal well with unstructured time, no matter how much we complain about not having enough free time. you either come up with ways to deal with all that free time (create a schedule, impose some regularity on your life) or you end up like dan lol. Seems to me one of the pitfalls of turning your hobby (youtube) into your career.

whatever sympathy i had for him though was kind of ruined when he talked about his relationship with girls. I guess I can't judge because i've never been in a relationship, but the whole "I only like people not interested in me and when we develop mutual feelings I lose interest" seems really childish. like, i'm sure a lot of people deal with that at some point but then they grow up and learn how to love someone beyond infatuation and make a commitment.
I really disagree with you on a lot of this. But I generally like Evan more than other people here seem to. First of all, the video didn't feel too pretentious to me, though the beginning montage could be classified as such. But I really thought his ending conclusion about himself being the only person holding him back was great.
But as for the part about girls, I don't think i necessarily see it as immature.He's demisexual. He's probably put a lot of thought and energy into considering when he is actually into someone. That musing to me seemed more like a aromantic type thing (though i don't think Evan classifies himself that way) than an immature boy thing.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Just because I'm nosey do we know where in the UK his talking about moving to?