TinyKittens HQ

onomatopoeia
squish
Pronouns: she/her

Not sure how many people here on IDB watch TK livestreams, but ever since they announced that Mimic and Blizzard were leaving, I felt an instant need to talk to somebody about it :itsokay:
Hope it's okay to post here. And they sort of are YouTubers...right? On YouTube + people watch them = ...YouTubers? lol

Tbh I'm actually a fairly new viewer. I've only started watching since Nelia came into TK, but ever since I found them, I've not been able to leave (or do anything productive). They're almost always playing in the background while I do stuff, so I've sort of forgotten how to finish work (or rather, start) :lol: So far Eternity's litter has been my favorite (especially E herself, Mimic, and Celsi), and I just got so sad when I heard that they were leaving. It's always a bundle of mixed feelings when kittens leave TK, on one hand, I'm happy that they get to be spoiled rotten by their new family, but on the other hand, we won't be able to see them on screen 24/7 anymore. Hopefully Eternity's going to be here for an eternity, please Dave for a while more, and if not, we would get to see her on the lucky person's FaceBook page.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Yessss they are youtubers and yes please let's talk about tk!!! I started watching consistently when Nelia was giving birth and now they're just my ultimate background noise, and I'm so attached wow. I didn't think I would get as attached as I am but wow the actual bittersweet sadness I feel when those babies find homes is intense.

I do really hope Dave can take in Eternity too tho. She seems to have taken him on as her person and I'm kind of emotional about it lmao
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

HELLO, FRIENDS

I'm more sad about this litter going than I have any litter in the year and I half I've been watching, I think. It's probably residual Stanley sadness, but I just love their little faces.

Piggy and Peggy are gonna be a really nice distraction, though. I already love them. :( And I love that Mason gets these two early. During one of the streams when Shelly was feeding Pigpen, Mason kept trying to pick Peggy up by her scruff and carry her off.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

All this talk and not a single link to get others hooked?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:04 pm All this talk and not a single link to get others hooked?
Ooh, well, since you asked...

TinyKittens is a TNR (trap, neuter, return) cat rescue. They take in pregnant or injured ferals and adopt out the ones that socialize well and all of the kittens, and return the rest to colonies that they continue to feed and monitor.

This will be outdated into for anyone reading it later on but for now they have two streams going 24/7. The first is Eternity and her kittens (she had five, plus there were two others that came in and joined her litter later on, minus the two that have been adopted out already).

And the second one is on some adult cats that currently need adopting/fostering:

Plus there are two babies at the facility right now, Pigpen and Peggy Jean. They're both the only survivors of their litter and at some point they'll probably be on a 24/7 camera.

There are also some other permanent residents - the owner, Shelly, has four cats including one with no back legs (Cassidy/Puffs/Miracle Kitten), Aura (who was born with a massive cleft palate and had to be hand fed for months, until she was old enough to survive a surgery to graft on bone that actually came from a dog, making her an official bionic cat-dog), and Grandpa Mason (a really old feral that has terminal kidney disease that they thought would only make a few months... three years ago. He hates humans but really, really, really loves kittens.)

Mason with Piggy and Peggy:

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm definitely going through a bit of a mourning period (even though no one died) over the barn litter kittens - only Clea is left in there with Eternity now, along with Primrose and Thistle.

Here is the fb page for Mimic and Blizzard (Maya and Kali) and the fb page for Excelsior! and Captain Barracuda.

onomatopoeia
squish

Same. I only skipped through the tiny suitcases because I didn't want to see them go. If I heard correctly, I think Shelly said something about trying to adopt out Eternity and Clea together (or another cat idk)? No Shelly please. How about they both stay here :) Pretty please?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

onomatopoeia wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:08 pm Same. I only skipped through the tiny suitcases because I didn't want to see them go. If I heard correctly, I think Shelly said something about trying to adopt out Eternity and Clea together (or another cat idk)? No Shelly please. How about they both stay here :) Pretty please?
The person that got Mimic and Blizz actually said they wanted Eternity but she wasn't on the adoption list at the time. :( But yeah Shelly said she wanted Clea and Eternity to go together, since Eternity is only like a year old herself she wants her to be with another young cat so they can play together. Which is sweet but also wahh I wish they were all on livestreams always.

Also a new livestream clip of her playing with Thistle and Primrose!

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I dont know if it's because I'm extra sensitive today and very soft for these babies generally but I just watched this on the bus and pretty much lost it so if you weren't following TK on insta, this has to convince you to :happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Finding out that Piggy and Peggy are actually siblings and not just two cats from the same colony like Shelly suspected pretty much ended me (in the good way). I was so sad when Piggy lost Woodstock, and I know Shelly really really doesn't like when kittens grow up with no other kitten socialization, but now he gets not just another kitten but one of his actual littermates. ;_;

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:brokenheart:

Grandpa Mason’s test results from this afternoon show his kidneys have failed. We were not expecting it to happen this fast. With the certainty that his body is failing fast, the most important gift we owe him is the dignity of a peaceful and painless transition before he reaches a point of suffering.⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
⁣He has important Grandpa work to do over the Bridge, and so many there are eagerly awaiting his arrival. I’m sure Nano, Stanlily and Woodstock will be first in line. So, we’ve decided that Mason will spend one more night in his favorite bed, surrounded by his kittens and his Auracuda, and tomorrow we will pack his tiny suitcase, tell him once again how much we love him and how much he matters, and send him gently on his way. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
⁣We have a plan worked out so he remains pain free and happy between now and tomorrow, and so he can get a few last kitten smooshes in for the road.⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
⁣Thank you to everyone who has shared this incredible journey with us. His story doesn’t end tomorrow, it simply becomes a new chapter. His impact will live on, and he will continue to change the narrative about feral, old, sick, “different” cats. We will make sure of it. ⁣⁣