Nerdy Youtubers Thread

poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Hi! This is one genre of YouTuber I don't see talked about a lot on here, and I was wondering if any of you are into them, or want to get into during our time indoors :)

Here are some of my favs:

3Blue1Brown: Mostly maths, some physics. His USP is lovely visualisation, and he makes an effort to make very cool cutting-edge maths ideas understandable to anyone who's done some high school maths. (Because the important thing is thinking creatively, not just knowing lots of maths facts.) Also, he has a really nice voice.
Vi Hart: Again, fun maths, with cute drawings. Some singing as well.
Tom Scott: This is a bit different from the previous two. His main thing is visiting unusual places around the world and telling their stories. He also has series about computer science and linguistics.
Other cult favourite YouTubers: Vsauce, Numberphile, Computerphile, Minute Physics, Veritasium, CGP Grey.

The important thing to know is that they assume little to no background knowledge, just curiosity. But their videos are equally engaging to my researcher friends as well as people who work in totally unrelated areas.
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

I love Vi Hart! This brings back such good memories. :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
jesp
why bother

Brady Haran {of Numberphile, Periodic Videos, Hello Internet, and many other projects} has a podcast in which he interviews the people he works with to make the videos on his many channels. Discussed are topics like the guest's early life and path to a STEM career, their hobbies or interests, anecdotes from work, all the general things you'd find in interviews. The first episode is an interview with 3Blue1Brown/Grant Sanderson, and from what I can remember was quite interesting.

The Numberphile Podcasts on youtube.

lefthandedism wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:37 pm I love Vi Hart! This brings back such good memories. :tu:
Her videos were always so enjoyable to watch.