Cornelia Dahlgren

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

She's using her instagram platform as an influencer would and she's signed on with a talent agency for online influencers so... it's time for Cornelia to get a spot on IDB all of her own!. You can use this thread to discuss her instagram stories, her tweets, or anything she posts publicly! (And I guess that Martyn guy, too.)
obvsly
#relatable

Nice! I was about to come here to ask if it’s time for this thread. Coz I’m itching to talk about what she’s been posting but it doesn’t have a place on the main thread. Thank you!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obvsly wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:32 am Nice! I was about to come here to ask if it’s time for this thread. Coz I’m itching to talk about what she’s been posting but it doesn’t have a place on the main thread. Thank you!
Oh, please do - I saw a lot of stuff around her posting about vaccines yesterday, and some unhappy Russian fans.
obvsly
#relatable

I don't know if I'm too sensitive about this but Cornelia's original story (about her getting vaccinated) already rubbed me the wrong way before she even published the reply about Russian vaccine Sputnik.

I get that she’s raising a child in England but still she’s a foreigner. I find it strange and kinda inconsiderate to ask such a question when she’s got vaccinated before a lot of people in the country. The way she published that clearly negative reply is a big yikes. I'm sure she doesn't mean to offend, and probably doesn't endorse the opinion, but this is quite careless. Now is not the time to spread negativity about vaccines. Talking about your own actual experience/reactions to such a vaccine is fair and could actually be helpful to others. Giving a platform to misinformed opinions on a potentially life-saving formula, offending a whole country in the process, is not.

She needs to do better if she's serious about this influencer career.
shan
morning quiff

obvsly wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:58 pm I don't know if I'm too sensitive about this but Cornelia's original story (about her getting vaccinated) already rubbed me the wrong way before she even published the reply about Russian vaccine Sputnik.

I get that she’s raising a child in England but still she’s a foreigner. I find it strange and kinda inconsiderate to ask such a question when she’s got vaccinated before a lot of people in the country. The way she published that clearly negative reply is a big yikes. I'm sure she doesn't mean to offend, and probably doesn't endorse the opinion, but this is quite careless. Now is not the time to spread negativity about vaccines. Talking about your own actual experience/reactions to such a vaccine is fair and could actually be helpful to others. Giving a platform to misinformed opinions on a potentially life-saving formula, offending a whole country in the process, is not.

She needs to do better if she's serious about this influencer career.
I saw the story that she was getting the vaccine. I was a bit surprised but the eligibility criteria is still essential workers and those with health conditions that put them at higher risk so maybe she fits into the latter category and it’s just not public knowledge?

I did miss everything that happened with the replies though, what exactly did she post? I’d be pretty bummed if she was posting replies against the vaccine.
obvsly
#relatable

shan wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:35 pm I did miss everything that happened with the replies though, what exactly did she post? I’d be pretty bummed if she was posting replies against the vaccine.
I didn’t take a screenshot myself so hope it’s fine to post this tweet here. It sure gives you an idea how offended people are.
Oh and to clarify a little, I don’t feel anything against her getting vaccinated. Good for her, and the more people getting it, the safer everyone is anyway. I just feel I probably wouldn’t have publicized it if it were me in her situation.
shan
morning quiff

Yikes... Not every reply needs to be posted. I wish if she really felt the need to post something like this that she would at least add a comment of her own.

Everything about the Sputnik vaccine looks really positive from what I've read. I think more than ever the pandemic has shown how unreliable the media can be for this kind of information. The way they can manipulate data to fit the narrative they want is second to none and bias against a particular country can be a very strong motivator for that.

I like that she was open about getting the vaccine because I've spoken to a lot of people who don't want it because of all the misinformation circulating right now but that was a pretty big oopsie and kind of negates the originally positive message.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I've noticed that she does seem to be going the route of keeping Freja's face off of the internet, for the most part.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obvsly
#relatable

I love all the breastfeeding pics she posted so far. And I particularly love that she makes it the focus without making too big a deal or write an essay about it (the way someone else in her far-extended family might have done lol.)
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

obvsly wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:11 am I love all the breastfeeding pics she posted so far. And I particularly love that she makes it the focus without making too big a deal or write an essay about it (the way someone else in her far-extended family might have done lol.)
Yes agreed! While I am well beyond the stage where I would be interested in mummy influencers, it’s great that she is normalising breastfeeding. That is absolutely the reality of breastfeeding a 12 week old baby, feels like they are permanently attached to you, day and night 😂
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Cornelia just posted a bi visibility day post! I don't know if she'd come out before and I missed it, but lovely for her to feel like she can post it. <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

yikes. especially her trying to argue for them in the replies.
shan
morning quiff

Super uncomfy about her whole post. It feels very disingenuous and I get the vibe she has a bigger connection to this than she’s letting on. The likes on the post are a roll call of NFT and crypto enthusiasts which you’d think would be more concerning to her than it seems to be.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I'm just impressed you guys understand anything about NFTs. I've tried to educate myself on this topic and it just ties my brain into knots.
Philena
blobfish

Megancita75 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:18 pm I'm just impressed you guys understand anything about NFTs. I've tried to educate myself on this topic and it just ties my brain into knots.
Me too! I'm not a stupid person, but it is just so damned confusing. The best I can get is that it's mostly used by the rich for money laundering purposes, environmentally damaging, and those that have the power will lie about any/all negative effects to keep the power and money :shrug:

Curious to see what happens here with Cornelia.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Philena wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:41 pm
Megancita75 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:18 pm I'm just impressed you guys understand anything about NFTs. I've tried to educate myself on this topic and it just ties my brain into knots.
Me too! I'm not a stupid person, but it is just so damned confusing. The best I can get is that it's mostly used by the rich for money laundering purposes, environmentally damaging, and those that have the power will lie about any/all negative effects to keep the power and money :shrug:

Curious to see what happens here with Cornelia.
I won't pretend to understand NFT either but I have read enough to know I trust the smart people that say it's super bad for the environment.

If she wants to support artists she can just... buy art! Directly from them!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

she is back on the bs
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

And the bs is... expensive as fuck.

I was curious about how much the wow nft's went for. She paid over $9000 usd for each of the two she owns. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY ARTISTS SHE COULD HAVE COMMISSIONED FOR THAT. a lot.
shan
morning quiff

I need to rant, I'm honestly so baffled. I would think her account had been hacked if it weren't for the fact she would have said something on insta to alert people if she had. Clearly her followers were not having it the first time she posted about nft's so for her next tweet to be the exact same thing... what? Sure, her first tweet got a lot of likes but 99% of them came from accounts with crypto or nft in their bio or nft profile pics. Maybe that's the following she's trying to cultivate nowadays?

She claimed in her first post nft's would help artists but she's clearly not listening to the voices of creators and artists themselves. I've yet to see one pro-nft artist on my timeline. All the artists I follow/have seen posts from are staunchly against it and many have had their own work literally stolen, traced and put on a different background to make it 'different' and sold as an nft. Even more artists are jumping ship from Photoshop when they announced they were introducing a save as nft feature. If she wants to spend her money on this madness, fine. But don't try and pretend it's doing anything good for artists. All this research she supposedly did was clearly focused on monetary gain because it takes literally zero effort to see the negative impact of this on the already struggling online art community.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

So I don't really "get" Cornelia. Is she an influencer now? She has a manager but I don't really see the point. She'll post baby pics once/twice per week and that's all. Is she a mommy blogger?
shan
morning quiff

Interesting development, she's deleted the tweet and flipped gears back to a parenting tweet. Last I saw it had 9 likes and 21 private qrts. Lack of support in the form of likes from the nft crowd might have made it more obvious how people are feeling and she didn't like it.
scientia
phabergé

sarmstr2 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:45 pm So I don't really "get" Cornelia. Is she an influencer now? She has a manager but I don't really see the point. She'll post baby pics once/twice per week and that's all. Is she a mommy blogger?
I'm equally a bit confused...I haven't seen that many (if any?) sponsored posts on her IG, which I kind of expected to start seeing after she became more of a "public" figure in social media. If you're not going to work with sponsors/ads, are you an influencer in the current social media climate? Unless she's not properly disclosing any sponsors?
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

NFT issue aside (I don’t understand enough to have a solid opinion), my read on Cornelia in general is that, like so many women, first-time motherhood is doing a number on her identity and sense of self. I do appreciate her posts about motherhood in general; who knows if she’ll end up giving a go at the full-on influencer life, or if she’ll make different decisions once she settles more into being a mom.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Sorry for the double post, but her latest Insta is about struggling with trust and includes the hashtag “possible autism” so I wonder if she is struggling with processing emotions lately to the extent that she might be exploring a diagnosis for herself? (I really am a bit hesitant to explore that line of speculation, and she puts a ton of hashtags on her posts and I don’t always know the intent behind them obviously.) I know so many women, though, who were really rocked emotionally by motherhood (postpartum depression, anxiety, mood swings, etc) and experienced pretty profound re-evaluations of all aspects of their professional and personal lives. I honestly keep expecting her to announce they are moving to Sweden.