:transheart:
onetruetrash
blobfish

I thought this was kinda cute

sry it's late at night and idk what I'm doing
scientia
phabergé

Skylar wrote:charlie is slaying in those photos holy fuck im dead :garbage:
ugh for real, it's been so long and he looks so good!
goingbackto505
*editing tips*
Pronouns: she/her

don't think anybody would reply to me or if it's even the right place to ask (but on the other hand, where else tho :lol:), anyway I saw a comment on youtube mentioning how Charlie supposedly once said this about Dan:"no but seriously im really glad that some people actually have social anxiety and can’t leave their fucking houses without breaking down but you use it as a gimmick to make money and be famous on the internet".

does anyone know if that really happened?
onetruetrash
blobfish

goingbackto505 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:34 pm don't think anybody would reply to me or if it's even the right place to ask (but on the other hand, where else tho :lol:), anyway I saw a comment on youtube mentioning how Charlie supposedly once said this about Dan:"no but seriously im really glad that some people actually have social anxiety and can’t leave their fucking houses without breaking down but you use it as a gimmick to make money and be famous on the internet".

does anyone know if that really happened?
I was reading old GG threads and came across this once. It's definitely real.

Link to the GG post: https://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php? ... 11#p227811
goingbackto505
*editing tips*

onetruetrash wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:15 am I was reading old GG threads and came across this once. It's definitely real.

thank you! :) I was already pretty sure about it being real (given Charlie's usual attempts at being "brutally honest" and his general hostility towards Dan during that time period), but nice to have it confirmed.
onetruetrash
blobfish

goingbackto505 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:07 pm
onetruetrash wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:15 am I was reading old GG threads and came across this once. It's definitely real.

thank you! :) I was already pretty sure about it being real (given Charlie's usual attempts at being "brutally honest" and his general hostility towards Dan during that time period), but nice to have it confirmed.
No problem!
onetruetrash
blobfish

autumnhearth
senpai

Thank you for sharing these onetruetrash. I remember the face eating thing in the news :?
The the chat/advice one was sweet and good. And the third one was very insightful.
His ideal partner sounds a lot like Phil. Plus love that wolf hat.
onetruetrash
blobfish

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:08 pm Thank you for sharing these onetruetrash. I remember the face eating thing in the news :?
The the chat/advice one was sweet and good. And the third one was very insightful.
His ideal partner sounds a lot like Phil. Plus love that wolf hat.
You're welcome! And yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it sounded a lot like Phil, especially the animal loving part.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I was scrolling through Charlie's old tweets a few days ago and I came across this.
I feel like Charlie was talking about Dan here (I mean who else would it be) which I found quite strange. I thought it was the general consensus that Charlie was just jealous of Dan because he had Phil, but this makes it seem like Dan actually did something to Charlie to make him dislike him.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

To be honest, I always assumed that tweet was more about Stephen - Stephen stayed friends with most of the people that Charlie was also close to so an ex that he had a mutually abusive relationship with still being friends with people he considered friends would probably feel pretty awful.
onetruetrash
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:18 am To be honest, I always assumed that tweet was more about Stephen - Stephen stayed friends with most of the people that Charlie was also close to so an ex that he had a mutually abusive relationship with still being friends with people he considered friends would probably feel pretty awful.
Really? I kinda thought it was Dan because the tweet he said we related talked about the people who did horrible things to him popping up on Tumblr, which makes sense for Dan, but not really Stephen.
goingbackto505
*editing tips*

I thought the same as alittledizzy after seeing that tweet. that it was either about Stephen or about someone else entirely, but who knows.

btw, this is not even relevant but I actually ended up finding the screenshots of the post I was asking about some time ago ^^^:
and well, here's also this:
this is so old, but yikes lol :|
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

onetruetrash wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:21 am
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:18 am To be honest, I always assumed that tweet was more about Stephen - Stephen stayed friends with most of the people that Charlie was also close to so an ex that he had a mutually abusive relationship with still being friends with people he considered friends would probably feel pretty awful.
Really? I kinda thought it was Dan because the tweet he said we related talked about the people who did horrible things to him popping up on Tumblr, which makes sense for Dan, but not really Stephen.
Stephen was a youtuber though - and he had a fanbase. I've scrolled through his tumblr tag before, he had merch people posted pics of and people made gifsets of him and talked about meeting him. That's why I figured it was pretty reasonable that it would be about Stephen.

Obviously we can't know, though.

And yikes at those posts, goingbackto505. I hadn't seen those before; Charlie definitely was not always a nice guy. I think he was going through his own shit and I'm way more sympathetic to that than most people in phandom are to him, but he's not someone I would have wanted to have known. Posts like that make me more glad than ever that he seemed to realize how toxic that environment was toward him and how toxic it made him and that he made the decision to leave.
goingbackto505
*editing tips*

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:29 pm And yikes at those posts, goingbackto505. I hadn't seen those before; Charlie definitely was not always a nice guy. I think he was going through his own shit and I'm way more sympathetic to that than most people in phandom are to him, but he's not someone I would have wanted to have known. Posts like that make me more glad than ever that he seemed to realize how toxic that environment was toward him and how toxic it made him and that he made the decision to leave.
agreed, I suppose some of this can be said about Dan as well, though, at least imo and at least during that specific period of time :shrug: 2013 was a strange/difficult year for DnP, but I don't blame anyone in particular because I obviously don't know the details. what I can say, though, is that the phandom and some other youtubers for sure were acting like total dicks back then, and it's not like they had a reason for that aside from joining a bandwagon to entertain themselves. but luckily most of that is in the past. glad that Charlie is away from all of that now.

I completely forgot that I also found this while looking for some mentions of Charlie's tumblr, and this was also on his blog(s?):
I can only assume the first two were shade @ Dan, but :shrug: idk. the third one makes me uncomfortable, but that's just the most typical way some slash shippers like to express themselves, I guess.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I wouldn't want to know dan or charlie back then tbh. I can't really blame either of them though since they were both mentally unstable at the time.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

onetruetrash wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:59 pm I wouldn't want to know dan or charlie back then tbh. I can't really blame either of them though since they were both mentally unstable at the time.
I'd like to point out that mental illness doesn't equal mental unstability. Implying that it does just reinforces the stigma around mental illness.
onetruetrash
blobfish

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:15 am
onetruetrash wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:59 pm I wouldn't want to know dan or charlie back then tbh. I can't really blame either of them though since they were both mentally unstable at the time.
I'd like to point out that mental illness doesn't equal mental unstability. Implying that it does just reinforces the stigma around mental illness.
Sorry, my bad, I should've worded it differently
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

goingbackto505 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:10 pm the third one makes me uncomfortable, but that's just the most typical way some slash shippers like to express themselves, I guess.
charlie, crossing boundaries in his attempt to be edgy and down with the kids and making people uncomfortable? i'm shocked.
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

eugh charlie why i mean ive been friends with him on fb since like, 2012/2013 from what i remember (on various fbs bc fb is dumb and gets rid of mine for some reason sometimes), and i had been following his tumblr for as long as i could remember (then it just..disappeared sadly, but). cmon charlie :c this is why im glad he left the phandom. it was really..messing him up, man. i hope hes happier now.
:transheart:
fieldoflovers
living flop

I don't know if anyone here is into astrology at all but I just found out that Charlie is also a gemini(same as Dan) and that was fascinating to me because people always talk about how similiar they both are and I never really believed it but now it's weird how true that is. According to all the Phan posts apparently Gemini and aquarius are v/compatible which I guess says something about charlie and phil... or maybe I'm looking too deeply into a coincidence
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

fieldoflovers wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 am I don't know if anyone here is into astrology at all but I just found out that Charlie is also a gemini(same as Dan) and that was fascinating to me because people always talk about how similiar they both are and I never really believed it but now it's weird how true that is. According to all the Phan posts apparently Gemini and aquarius are v/compatible which I guess says something about charlie and phil... or maybe I'm looking too deeply into a coincidence
Yes, Gemini and Aquarius are both Air signs (as is Libra), so they are supposed to be compatible, at least to a first approximation. :tu:

:welcome: to IDB, btw!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
onetruetrash
blobfish

fieldoflovers wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 am I don't know if anyone here is into astrology at all but I just found out that Charlie is also a gemini(same as Dan) and that was fascinating to me because people always talk about how similiar they both are and I never really believed it but now it's weird how true that is. According to all the Phan posts apparently Gemini and aquarius are v/compatible which I guess says something about charlie and phil... or maybe I'm looking too deeply into a coincidence
I noticed that too! Gemini also it like some kind of twin sign idk it has something to do with twins which I find coincidental since people always say that Charlie is similar to Dan or that he's like a "darker timeline Dan" and Dan is also a Gemini