Catrific

malday
emo goose

She just announced she's going to collage to study psychology during her YouNow.

Good for her!
eevee
emo goose

malday wrote:She just announced she's going to collage to study psychology during her YouNow.

Good for her!
with who's money???

Is it a bachelor's or higher education?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
malday
emo goose

eevee wrote:
Is it a bachelor's or higher education?
I have no idea, i only caught towards the end of the ls, and she was mid conversation, and said something about doing the first 2 years at a community college, and wanting to work with children/teens.
fondsmiles
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

no idea if any of you are interested, but Cat is in this season of Big Sister (basically an amateur produced Big Brother adaptation). Here's the first episode:

(Korey Kuhl is also in it, which is why I'm watching it)
[x]
[x]
RRR98
drama llama

She's had a video talking about BB and I liked it, if I see it in my recommendations I'll watch
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So how many people called it? I watched the video, she's getting rid of Sigma because he (a nine month old puppy) is too rowdy for her eight year old Frenchies and they're getting aggressive at him in response. So I guess instead of recognizing that she signed on for that when she got a pitbull puppy she's decided she's unwilling to do the training and is giving him up instead. Which, yeah, if she's not gonna work on intense training and make accommodations for how he's like, still a puppy, then giving him up is better than keeping him and one of her smaller dogs getting hurt. But I'm still so mad at this.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Wow, okay I just watched her video and I'm pissed. Before watching it, I thought that she was most likely getting rid of him because he was too loud or disruptive, and since she just moved it was putting her tenancy agreement at risk (idk why I thought that, but it seemed to be the most logical thing at the time). While that's still a shitty thing to do, now that I've heard her reasoning I'm really irate. It's incredibly irresponsible of her to just give up on her dog, and not to mention he clearly loves her, so it will probably make him harder to deal with/train in a new home, which could possibly lead to him being passed around more. That being said, he is still a puppy which makes it easier for him to adapt to new environments and be trained, but I'm so angry that she would do something like that. Idk I guess it's another thing to add to the list of shit Cat does that really rubs me the wrong way.
alien
procrastinator

The situation of finding Sigma a new home is heartbreaking (for Sigma..I'm finding it hard to have sympathy for Cat rn) and I find it really gross she has ads on her video about it.
lovelycutiesdnp
not a first-time poster

What I don't understand about Cat is how she said something along the lines of how she finds it gross how bloggers become famous by hanging out with famous youtube (The Truth About Youtubers vid), yet doesn't she do the same? Like, she's friends with all of the famous YTbrs, but she isn't doing that great. And she does fairly okay when collabing or hanging out with them in her vids. It just appears to me hypocritical of her. idk :shrug:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

My blood is boiling. As an animal shelter volunteer I see this shit so often. Irresponsible people who impulse bought a pitbull puppy, one of the most difficult dog breeds, and end up regretting it for whatever reason. And usually it's not even really the dog's fault.

I'm not surprised her Frenchies are agrresive towards Sigma. Even though she claims he's a friendly puppy, pit pups do play rough. Too rough for older smaller dogs to deal with, and they probably experienced Sigma's behavior as threatening. Maybe she could teach him how to behave better but I just don't think these dogs are compatible. I'm livid at her for being mad and annoyed at her Frenchies, these are the type of things she should have considered before getting a third dog in the first place. Assuming your Frenchies are gonna be fine with a Pit because they were fine with each other is frustratingly dumb.

Honestly, if she's gonna give Sigma up then this is the time to do it. He's still young, it'll be easier to adjust and he can still be trained and learn a lot in the hands of a new capable owner where he can get the attention he obviously needs. At the shelter we get dogs like this when they're about 6 months or so older and at that point people have waited too long to take action.

And I had already touched upon this in the main thread when it happened, but she confirmed in that video that he was only 5 weeks old when she got him. That is at least 3 weeks too soon to be apart from the mom :(

May Tankrific flop forever. And I hope Sigma finds a good home, poor bb.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
phillyforgot
butt chair

I hope her dog finds a home. I've watched her recent video and the dog doesn't seem to be especially happy, especially with the company he has.

I hope she chooses the right dog owners and that they treat him well and feed him and walk him on a regular basis. Otherwise I'd definitely be slightly disappointed.

I don't watch her on a regular basis or know that much about her, but her subs have definitely been going down. Is there a reasonable explanation for that?
Ablissa
pastel persona

phillyforgot wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:05 pm I don't watch her on a regular basis or know that much about her, but her subs have definitely been going down. Is there a reasonable explanation for that?
I don't want to be mean, but I'm surprised her subs and views haven't gone down sooner. She's a super generic youtuber, there are so many just like her. I'm not sure what gave her that previous "rise to fame" and views, I don't really follow her much, but I'm sure D&P must have contributed a little there too. Other than that, she has very little in terms of actual content that other youtubers wouldn't have.

EDIT to add: I am so disappointed in her after the whole dog situation (and I haven't had high standards for her) It's for the better that she is rehoming it, but she should have thought about it before she took the dog, a dog is not a toy to be taken and then given up whenever you want.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Since I watched her puppy one, apparently she's back in my recommendeds. Thanks, youtube? Anyway - I fell for the bait and watched her latest video, which is about her not getting invited back to Vidcon. Her channel is really small and it shouldn't be a shock to anyone since Vidcon got bought out by Viacom but it is like a death knell to the old school youtube "community" being revered on any level. Cat might have never taken off, but she has pretty much been there since the start.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:58 pm Since I watched her puppy one, apparently she's back in my recommendeds. Thanks, youtube? Anyway - I fell for the bait and watched her latest video, which is about her not getting invited back to Vidcon. Her channel is really small and it shouldn't be a shock to anyone since Vidcon got bought out by Viacom but it is like a death knell to the old school youtube "community" being revered on any level. Cat might have never taken off, but she has pretty much been there since the start.
She sounds a bit entitled and I'm a little torn on this issue,

On one hand, Vidcon can't keep handing out free shit to people who don't bring in money in the form of ticket sales just because they were the OG Creators. Because what about the generation after that? Who weren't there from the beginning, but who were crucial to the growth of YouTube and Vidcon? Do they not count? Better to draw the line for everyone than making some weird elite thing out of it. Also let's be real, a lot of those YouTubers were barely ever at the event itself. I'm not even talking about people like D&P who gotta hide away for most of it for security reasons, but just about people who went and did nothing but hang in their hotel rooms or at the bar during the after parties. That was as far as this 'community' thing went for them, until now apparently. If I'm completely honest, I think Vidcon was too courteous for too long. Especially regarding personal friends of the Green brothers who had stopped being relevant. For some people they should've stopped paying for hotels and stuff years ago.

But completely dropping most of old school YouTube out of nowhere definitely sucks and is obviously Viacom at work. I don't think the discount is a bad solution, although it could be little bigger than 20% or whatever it was and the organization should have approached them first. Treat these people with the respect their egos think they deserve :ribena:

But at least she was honest about it, can't hate her for that. Charles Trippy made up an excuse that he declined to attend because he would be touring, but when then forced to admit he wasn't invited at all. :rofl:

(i'm so incredibly amused at viacom buying vidcon btw. as if they didn't want to end youtube's existence 10 years ago.)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

i agree i don't feel that much empathy for Cat, especially in light of her recent dog drama when she had dog abuse claims a few years ago already. she's just not the brightest. i dread to imagine her studying psychology and interacting with anyone on that level.

the 'new' vidcon has shut out so many people but i'm not up to date on statistics to really comment...i wonder if it isn't fairer for it to be built on a growth algorithm? that way even older, smaller channels have a legitimate place instead of just been shafted as long as they have continued to grow and not decline.

i realise expecting multimillion dollar companies focused on the bottom line to be 'fair' is kind of redundant, though.
art in avatar by lily
phillyforgot
butt chair

For VidCon, it would make sense to only invite larger creators in order for more people to arrive. It's easier for them to invite people with millions of subscribers as they usually have lots of fans who are willing to go there to visit and hug them. It might be a risky business move to invite someone with Catrific's amount of subscribers.

While Cat does have a right to complain, I very much doubt it's anything against her. It's simply a business move and as she isn't bringing in a lot of views and subscribers lately, it doesn't make sense for them to invite her.
thewaytobehappy
squish

https://youtu.be/0qJMwDYnezU

Went to Cat's channel through Phil's links this morning, and she announced she found a new job and is officially quitting youtube.
Probably no huge surprise, but best of luck to her!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

thewaytobehappy wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:58 am https://youtu.be/0qJMwDYnezU

Went to Cat's channel through Phil's links this morning, and she announced she found a new job and is officially quitting youtube.
The video is a bit clickbait since she's not going to stop doing youtube, it just won't be her primary income anymore. But I'm definitely still happy for her. She's not made content I care for in... pretty much ever, actually, but I'm curious to see if the content she does put out gets more interesting now that she's not concerned about paying her rent on the back of it.
000dia000
emo goose

This was probably a long time coming tbh it just makes me wonder what other youtubers would leave youtube as their full time career
:cactus:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Good for her tbh. Even though she says she'll still make videos, I do think this is the beginning of the end. Which might be good for her imo, that way she can develop relationships with normal people that aren't all caught up in the narcissistic dick measuring contest that is YouTube.
000dia000 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:20 pm

This was probably a long time coming tbh it just makes me wonder what other youtubers would leave youtube as their full time career
Cat made me think of Michael Buckley (WhatTheBuck) gave up on his YouTube career last year, after failing in getting his channel popular again. He was one of the most popular YouTubers at some point in time and one of the first to actually make a full time job out of it, but in the end he had to give up. I'm glad he did, at some point he started day drinking on camera while ranting about things and it was very uncomfortable to see. He got his shit together, moved out of his old house, and became a life coach (he used to do advice videos so it was a pretty logical career switch).
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ablissa
pastel persona

YouTube recommended me a new video of Cat saying she got "fired". Gave it a watch, turns out she was never officially hired and they just backed out of their job offer. Either way it sucks for her and it makes me wonder what she'll do in the future.

Dead YouTube channel, having done nothing but yt for the past 10 or so years, no qualifications, nothing. Sounds like she needs to drop her standards of doing something exciting (which is what she claims to be looking for) and just get a job like the rest of us.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Cat tweeted something earlier today about doing something she didn't want to and then a few hours later she deleted her Twitter and Instagram accounts. I know people have strong opinions about her but I do hope that as a person she's doing alright. Her YT channel still looks normal so maybe she'll upload a video about it or come back when she feels better.
kavat
pastel persona

Amiaw wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:53 am Cat tweeted something earlier today about doing something she didn't want to and then a few hours later she deleted her Twitter and Instagram accounts. I know people have strong opinions about her but I do hope that as a person she's doing alright. Her YT channel still looks normal so maybe she'll upload a video about it or come back when she feels better.
She seems to be back on twitter. Maybe she had a rough night but changed her mind in daylight. I hope she's alright.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i just rewatched some old videos and got curious what cat was up to these days and...she moved to las vegas and is now a professional poker player while also having gone back to school? did someone follow up with that and is willing to fill me in because i want to know what i missed but not so badly that i can pretend to be interested in poker for more than a minute and a half.
thank's you were great