Catrific

lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

Someone had to make this thread, and that someone is going to be me!
Carry on, with the infamous Cat in the phandom.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

She's alright, a quite ordinary girl that has been around YT for ages and still doesn't seem to be on the top, I don't know why. Non-creative content is the general rule with most yters, so that's not it...she's pretty, hangs with the popular crowd, has her fair share of drama (i.e. ill-treating her dogs)
lavenderpetals
butt chair

Not to mention her most popular videos are only when there were other famous YT people there. We can see is in a good three of them. The only other video that is popular without someone in it was the draw my life one. Not original content but a YT tag.
How'd she even meet D & P to be good enough friends with them ? (I feel like I should know this just never paid too much attention to her.)
daphenaxa
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

She actually help create (apparently) and worked for dailybooth and has known Deppy from there. They have been online friends since that time and then met when the guys went to USA for conventions
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ticia wrote:has her fair share of drama (i.e. ill-treating her dogs)
I've never heard of this, can you tell me more? I'm curious.
I don't really watch Cat, she seems like a nice girl but her content is not very thrilling to me.
Ticia
suspended

Ablissa wrote:
I don't really watch Cat, she seems like a nice girl but her content is not very thrilling to me.
A couple of years ago, she used to keep her dogs on the balcony when she wasn't home (this alone made her receive some complaints from the tenant), and one day one of her dogs had a heat stroke because of this. She has also asked her subscribers for money for pet's operations, and I read somewhere that it's not unusual that her dogs eat random stuff that ultimately make them sick because of her messiness.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ticia wrote: A couple of years ago, she used to keep her dogs on the balcony when she wasn't home (this alone made her receive some complaints from the tenant), and one day one of her dogs had a heat stroke because of this. She has also asked her subscribers for money for pet's operations, and I read somewhere that it's not unusual that her dogs eat random stuff that ultimately make them sick because of her messiness.
Thank you for clearing that up for me!
Honestly though... :shock: That is so much worse than I thought... Who leaves their dogs out on the balcony when they go out!? Wow, I hope she's smarter now. Poor pups. :(
lavenderpetals
butt chair

Ticia wrote:
Ablissa wrote:
A couple of years ago, she used to keep her dogs on the balcony when she wasn't home (this alone made her receive some complaints from the tenant), and one day one of her dogs had a heat stroke because of this. She has also asked her subscribers for money for pet's operations, and I read somewhere that it's not unusual that her dogs eat random stuff that ultimately make them sick because of her messiness.
I was browsing Catrific a bit more and saw she had two French bulldogs. I'm shaking my head, I also own a French bulldog. As a Frenchie owner she should know the French bulldogs overheat very easily! Shame on her, for letting that poor pet overheat due to her neglect. It is very common for all dogs especially Frenchies in this case to eat things up. I watched her draw my life bc I was curious more about her. HER FRENCHIE ATE A SOCK, MY GOODNESS. I don't know the whole story on this subject of this manner. However, it's very important with puppies to keep your space clean. Since dogs put everything in their mouths. //shaking my head
daphenaxa wrote:She actually help create (apparently) and worked for dailybooth and has known Deppy from there. They have been online friends since that time and then met when the guys went to USA for conventions
Finally watched her draw my life and saw that. Interesting backstory to Cat with dailybooth and wonder what her role was in the website. Assuming she wasn't a programmer or developer. Amuses me she was friends with Dan from his dailybooth days she must have saw all the cringe worthy things.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Can I ask did Cat actually tell the internet about leaving her dogs out on the balcony and one getting sun stroke/the tenants complaining herself? If not what's the source? I do wonder how something like that would become known to the internet.

While the dog thing is very bad (if it is true) I personally don't usually have any problems with Cat. In her vlogs and collabs with D&P she always seems perfectly pleasant and inoffensive to me and she has provided a great deal of D&P content we wouldn't have got otherwise for which I am forever grateful to her. (That being said watching her D&P stuff has never made me want to watch her solo stuff either because admittedly I don't think she comes across particularly interesting either.)

I also feel slightly inclined to like her because D&P obviously do because they are still friends with her and they seem to have no problem cutting people they no longer want in their lives out so the fact they still hang with Cat probably means they still genuinely like her.

Also does anyone know if YT is Cat's only job? I noticed when I looked on her channel a few weeks back after she came up on the main thread that her view counts for her non-collab stuff are all fairly low, so low I'd be surprised if she makes enough for it to be her living.
pleasehelpme
drama llama

You guys are the only people actually being kind of nice to her she gets sooo much hate
Ticia
suspended

pleasehelpme wrote:You guys are the only people actually being kind of nice to her she gets sooo much hate
Besides the reasons stated here, why does she get hate?
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Ticia wrote:
pleasehelpme wrote:You guys are the only people actually being kind of nice to her she gets sooo much hate
Besides the reasons stated here, why does she get hate?
Apparently she defended a youtuber (?) who was accused of sexual harrassment on Tumblr so it's probably because of that

edit : It was Luke Conard, I'm trying to find the post she wrote hold on

edit 2 : here it is : http://catrific.tumblr.com/post/7992841 ... tubers-and
:biheart:
manged
lady door

She also sided with Luke Conard after his abuse/ rape scandal. Years later, she made some tumblr post that didn't really address the criticism head on anyway.

Some dislike her for playing pseudo-beard for Joey Graceffa back when he was closeted.

I just find her to be quite bland. She's somehow so well-connected within the YT community and has befriended all the big names, but doesn't have the it-factor to reach their level of popularity herself.
pleasehelpme
drama llama

People also hate her cause she is friends wirh shane dawson joey graceffa etc.
eevee
emo goose

I personally dislike her for the dog thing but mostly because her personality rubs me the wrong way. The way she talks and acts just seems really fake...she just doesn't seem like a deep person and talks with almost a valley girl accent and it drives me up the wall. That and how all over Dan she used to be (in my opinion, I think there's debate about this.)

I don't mean to start a debate about how she is around deppy I just wanted to state why I don't like her since it was asked.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
lazy_egg
phillion/danosaur <//3

I personally unsubbed when she made a sponsored video about a website that glorifies the army/biological warfare ect. / makes it look like a fun game to get young children interested in joining the army, especially her being so excited about how much fun this website was and how it supposedly showed how smart you are (ugh). I was simply reminded of that one Simpsons episode where Bart wants to join the navy bc they have such cool helicopters:

(https://youtu.be/aw30KZKez6U)

I'm also a bit pissed off about her constantly filming cab drivers and thinking she is hilarious by doing so.

(https://youtu.be/4js3GjCl-mg)

At this point she simply seems fake and sad for trying to be popular (wasn't she also responsible for #danisnotonfireisinthehotellobby blowing up and excited about it being her most liked/retweeted tweet or something?). It also seems to me like d&p only really hang out with her during Vidcon/Playlist bc she initiates it (they don't really seem all that happy around her) and they seem to spend more and more time with other youtubers there too (like Louise).
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Phil seems to like her. I actually think she might be the person that he gets along best with on camera (besides Dan). Dan has a bit of an attitude about her. I don't know if that is because he dislikes her.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

well imo deppy genuinely like her or they wouldn't hang out with her after all these years, they have the reputation of being quite unapproachable after all, i'm pretty sure they would find a way to blow her off if they weren't friends (especially considering that she vlogs and they are apparently allergic to vlog cameras)

i don't have an opinion on her, she has done some questionable stuff but not so bad for me to despite her, she's pretty boring tho, so i don't usually watch her, but hey, she has blessed us with so many deppy vlogs, thank u cat

also a shit ton of youtubers like her and consider her a friend even though they can't get anything from her since she's really not popular at all (lmao that sounds awful but hey lbr if you are like deppy or zoella i'm sure it's really easy to make friends), so she must be a good friend
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
ostiral
sofa crease

I have totally different problem with Cat - i can't watch her videos because she looks like my former manager and i didn't like her very much. :lol:
But as trashqueen just said, same, i have nothing against her. I don't watch Cat's videos, because she doesn't interest me. Sometimes my YT reccomends me her, so if i'm really bored, i'll watch her. But, she is not the type of person i can binge watch. ^^'
But, she gave a lot of D&P in their natural habitat, so thanks.
Sorry for my english.
Reizam
butt chair

So this is my not-so-hot take on Cat...

I am not subscribed to her channel, so I honestly don't know a ton about her. I tried her channel out b/c of D&P, but I didn't find it particularly inventive or interesting enough to continue watching. I also find her to be kinda ditzy and I've definitely face-palmed from some of her comments before. Perhaps this ditziness/ignorance gets her in trouble with her various controversies, idk. There is no doubt she is friendly and outgoing, but it can come across as grating sometimes.

DESPITE all that, I think she's a good and loyal friend. She tries to help protect D&P's privacy ("two bedrooms!!!" nice try Cat :lol: ) and they still make an effort to hang out with her when they can. As trashqueen mentioned, they don't let a lot of people in to their lives so must like her enough to stay friends all these years.

She's also been incredibly supportive of both Joey G and Ingrid. As Ingrid mentions in her "Coming Out: One Year Later" vid, Cat is one of her closest and most supportive friends to help her this past year (starts at 3:00).

So yeah. I guess although Cat may be annoying to some people she's a pretty good friend. Maybe off camera she is a little more chill as well
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Reizam wrote:
It' so cringeworthy for me. If she would've said nothing it would've been less suspicious, I'm pretty sure they lowkey hated her for that
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

NarrysCanary wrote:
Reizam wrote:
It' so cringeworthy for me. If she would've said nothing it would've been less suspicious, I'm pretty sure they lowkey hated her for that
Tbh, i always thought another explanation for what Cat is saying is that she's just piling onto Anthony(?)'s description of the room.
"Look, they have a suite with a seperate bedroom!" "TWO bedrooms!" <- obviously paraphrasing :lol:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

wtfamidoinghere wrote: Tbh, i always thought another explanation for what Cat is saying is that she's just piling onto Anthony(?)'s description of the room.
"Look, they have a suite with a seperate bedroom!" "TWO bedrooms!" <- obviously paraphrasing :lol:
But why is she almost screaming though ? :lol:
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

NarrysCanary wrote:
wtfamidoinghere wrote: Tbh, i always thought another explanation for what Cat is saying is that she's just piling onto Anthony(?)'s description of the room.
But why is she almost screaming though ? :lol:
OBVIOUSLY to be heard in the vlog! :lol:
The first time i saw that i didn't know how much they are shipped and analyzed, so this made perfect sense to me. Those were simpler times
eevee
emo goose

the title "cat fails at hiding phan" i absolutely love it. that's exactly what it was. two bedrooms!!!!!!! okay cat.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia