PewDiePie

Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

This is the most disgusting thing, really. It's not even Felix himself that worries me. He's proven time and time again that he's racist, sexist and homophobic and even though I had hope for his channel when he started to mellow down a bit it's clear now that he didn't change and probably won't since his offensive edgelord persona is helping him cash in. What really worries me however is the lack of backlash from the Youtube community and even more so how his videos have started to atract the alt-right. Literal Nazis and anti-semites are condoning Pewdiepie and sharing his video and if he's okay with that I guess it's clear what kind of person he is. I really hope this was the step too far he had to take to make people realise he's gross but I doubt it.
corn flakes
moon room

Birdie wrote:This is the most disgusting thing, really. It's not even Felix himself that worries me. He's proven time and time again that he's racist, sexist and homophobic and even though I had hope for his channel when he started to mellow down a bit it's clear now that he didn't change and probably won't since his offensive edgelord persona is helping him cash in. What really worries me however is the lack of backlash from the Youtube community and even more so how his videos have started to atract the alt-right. Literal Nazis and anti-semites are condoning Pewdiepie and sharing his video and if he's okay with that I guess it's clear what kind of person he is. I really hope this was the step too far he had to take to make people realise he's gross but I doubt it.
Not gonna lie and tell I was ever a fan of his, at first at least he seemed a good person but from months I lost whatever respect I had for him, still this is a new low.
Right now the word is a mess, see brexit, trump winning...that and him being the biggest youtuber ( and being yt a business) doesn't make me believe there will be any kind of serious backlash, from fans or other bigger youtubers or youtube itself. He is not gonna stop, especially if the ass kissing continues and everytime he is called out people give stupid excuses
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
skinny_love
phillion/danosaur <//3

This makes me so angry! I regret warming up to him last year.

Those guys got banned for that, and he will get away without any real consequences. What's more he shifted blame on them, with the whole that he didn't think they would do it.

While I don't think that they didn't understand what they were showing, at least to some degree (They were working on this English site after all, so they should at least have basic English and be able to translate online what they didn't get? But who knows really for sure, it's still possibility) but it was their job?

And I don't think you really do this kinda of job unless you rather desperate, or don't know better. I don't know anything about this site, like if you don't deliver for some reason that was fault of person that wanted something, do you still get paid/keep the money? I assume you don't? Or even if you do you get bad rating so they probably got stupid requests before, and did it for money
Shame my first proper post is so messy, but I'm just so so SO mad that for his video they lost source of income, maybe even only one, that wasn't probably that much really in first place. And that video will probably gives him more $$$ them they earned on this site as whole. He might have ruined their life as far as we know...

That tweet where they ask him for help is just sad, he most likely won't see it. And I'm not sure he would do anything even if he did, he seems to be too much into forcing negativity lately :|
pearshaped34
morning quiff

skinny_love wrote:Those guys got banned for that, and he will get away without any real consequences. What's more he shifted blame on them, with the whole that he didn't think they would do it.
And that video will probably gives him more $$$ them they earned on this site as whole. He might have ruined their life as far as we know...
Yeah his reaction to them doing it made him come across even worse and I didn't think that was possible. It was his idea and he literally paid them to do it and then when they did he acted like he was an uncomfortable and unwilling bystander in the whole thing rather than the instigator. What an unlikeable douche.

He tweeted his video was demonetised by YT so he can't make any money on it but that doesn't really matter we know he doesn't need the money (unlike the guys he got banned).
papierklemmen
flower crown

ugh, cancel him already. wtf has been happening to him this past month? has posting daily content finally messed with his stability? this is no longer a matter of challenging "forced positive", this is straight up hate speech. and those poor guys got suspended and lost their source of income while this dude continues making millions off his edgy content. i can't believe i enjoyed some of his videos a while ago, i thought he'd changed. welp, thank god he's not "forcing" any "positivity" anymore and revealed how much of a pos he is! apparently wishing death on jewish people is a "funny meme", noice.

i sincerely hope that deppy will limit public mentions of him (so far i think they have). it's none of my business to tell them who to be friends with, but i at least hope they are smart enough to pretend they don't know ha while this shit is unraveling.
skinny_love
phillion/danosaur <//3

pearshaped34 wrote: He tweeted his video was demonetised by YT so he can't make any money on it but that doesn't really matter we know he doesn't need the money (unlike the guys he got banned).
While I'm glad to hear it, like you said he doesn't need money, and the fact that he won't earn money on this is probably like spilling glass of milk for him. I'm kinda surprised yt didn't just deleted this video.
I guess backslash isn't really all that big, even dislikes on this video aren't really that notable in compliance to his other videos
papierklemmen wrote: i sincerely hope that deppy will limit public mentions of him (so far i think they have). it's none of my business to tell them who to be friends with, but i at least hope they are smart enough to pretend they don't know ha while this shit is unraveling.
But if he keeps on getting free pass on everything from his fellow youtuber friends, he won't ever stop :/ cause I don't think he really cares about his viewers opinion on him, as long as they watch.
Not to mention it does say something about people who they are friends with, and I don't even really mean this to Deppy cause I don't think they are that close, more with Mark, Jack and PJ. They seem like sweet genuine people, how did Felix landed friends like this?
papierklemmen
flower crown

skinny_love wrote: But if he keeps on getting free pass on everything from his fellow youtuber friends, he won't ever stop :/ cause I don't think he really cares about his viewers opinion on him, as long as they watch.
Not to mention it does say something about people who they are friends with, and I don't even really mean this to Deppy cause I don't think they are that close, more with Mark, Jack and PJ. They seem like sweet genuine people, how did Felix landed friends like this?
believe it or not, i do think he doesn't go around spewing hate speech or n-words around his friends and family, it's most likely his online edgelord persona. he even emphasizes it with using that special dumb voice in his videos and we can see in his vlogs with marzia that he's more subdued in real life. i very much doubt he gathers all his friends and they start talking shit about jews, so i would see how those of his friends who don't follow all his videos (and the dude posts a lot) wouldn't care that much about the shitstorm, especially if he keeps up the "chill nice guy" facade with them. that's white guys for ya.

unfortunately, the "i'm just joking for a video" excuse expired when he crossed the line between stupid jokes and legit offensive material. it shows that he doesn't find it a big deal to be promoting this kind of shit to his younger audience for that sweet $$$ as long as he accompanies it with a clarification that it's "just a joke". truly the embodiment of a rich privileged white guy. but we can't force deppy into quitting their friendship, can we? so realistically the wisest thing they could do is keep their interactions private and stay away from associating with him online.
skinny_love
phillion/danosaur <//3

papierklemmen wrote:
skinny_love wrote: But if he keeps on getting free pass on everything from his fellow youtuber friends, he won't ever stop :/ cause I don't think he really cares about his viewers opinion on him, as long as they watch.
believe it or not, i do think he doesn't go around spewing hate speech or n-words around his friends and family, it's most likely his online edgelord persona. he even emphasizes it with using that special dumb voice in his videos and we can see in his vlogs with marzia that he's more subdued in real life. i very much doubt he gathers all his friends and they start talking shit about jews, so i would see how those of his friends who don't follow all his videos (and the dude posts a lot) wouldn't care that much about the shitstorm, especially if he keeps up the "chill nice guy" facade with them. that's white guys for ya.

unfortunately, the "i'm just joking for a video" excuse expired when he crossed the line between stupid jokes and legit offensive material. it shows that he doesn't find it a big deal to be promoting this kind of shit to his younger audience for that sweet $$$ as long as he accompanies it with a clarification that it's "just a joke". truly the embodiment of a rich privileged white guy. but we can't force deppy into quitting their friendship, can we? so realistically the wisest thing they could do is keep their interactions private and stay away from associating with him online.
I'm not sure how to express myself cause I think I did it a little wrong last time. In my defense I just woke up then. I hope you didn't found me rude or anything.

I didn't mean it like that they might all secretly be neo-nazis and Felix is the only one that is lowkey public about more like that everyone just overlooks whatever he does online cause it's his persona and he says it's a joke. I don't think we should separate youtuber from his persona so much, youtubers chose theirs personas, they aren't actors playing role that is in script. They create their own persona, and even if they are nothing like that persona, it's still something they created and are doing and promoting for money. Cause I agree with you that Felix most likely isn't like that in person but still there's something in him that made him think that this is fine.

And by staying friends with someone doing bad things without calling them on that, I just meant that you're acting indifferent about it's just show that you don't care about those things enough to start issue or you're afraid to start one, or maybe you don't know about it (like you said I think most of his yt friends don't keep up with his videos, but I doubt they are unaware at least some shitty things he does). I didn't mean that we should force deppy or anyone into quitting friendship with him, I just wish someone would say to him hey Felix you're crossing the line here
malday
emo goose

He is jumping on the edgy non-pc jokes trend that is popular right now, probably encouraged by that moron editor of his.

What he doesn't get is that edgy 12 yo boy humor doesn't really fly in the real world.
He probably though no one would mind because he was giving free exposure to that website and the freelancers there who he went to troll.

Ironically, Fiverr's founders are Jewish and the company is based in Israel, so of course they banned Felix's account and suspended those Indian guys.

What i hate the most about this situation is this unemphatic vibe he is giving about the whole thing.
I don't think he even thinks he has any responsibility for those guys, who may or may not have understood the message and/or were desperate enough to do that shit for 5$.
He's been living in an internet bubble, and is being ass kissed by youtube way too much.

Just for comparison, a year ago a channel commissioned people on Fiverr (including some Indian kids) with "edgy memes" and uploaded the videos to youtube:

Not sure what happened to the Fiverr users but the guy got his account suspended by Youtube. Talk about favoritism.
malday
emo goose

OKK, things are moving, can he redeem himself?:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Even if he gets them their account back, there is no redeeming himself here. He called anti-semitic hate speech a "funny meme" and mocked people for being upset about it along with his editor. Let's not make the same mistake twice and forgive him so he can make some more money and then fuck up again in a few months time. :|
skinny_love wrote:And by staying friends with someone doing bad things without calling them on that, I just meant that you're acting indifferent about it's just show that you don't care about those things enough to start issue or you're afraid to start one, or maybe you don't know about it (like you said I think most of his yt friends don't keep up with his videos, but I doubt they are unaware at least some shitty things he does). I didn't mean that we should force deppy or anyone into quitting friendship with him, I just wish someone would say to him hey Felix you're crossing the line here
I agree with you. Other Youtubers just staying silent for whatever reason won't do, especially those who are associated with Felix. Silence can very easily be read as endorsement. I'll keep an eye on PJ and the guys from now on because I don't think they condone this behaviour but not saying anything and acting like nothing happened sends a message too.

(Edit: I just noticed that our usernames match, skinny_love. :D )
Last edited by Birdie on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skinny_love
phillion/danosaur <//3

malday wrote:OKK, things are moving, can he redeem himself?:
Yes I was so sad about those guys! While this is the case of just not being as big asshole as you could have, I was worried that even if he did found out he might be it's their fault like I saw some of people on twitter, and that would be just plain evil
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Finally unsubscribed to Pewds coz he'd been too problematic lately. I can't even remember why I subscribed to him.

What I hate the most about this fiverr issue was the reaction of youtube as a community. Several people jumped on the bandwagon when Felix talked about faking positivity. Huge and small youtubers made several reaction videos. But I haven't seen any reaction videos regarding this and it's been 5 days.

He really took his joke too far and no one's repremanding him. If it's another youtubers, h3h3 or PhilD will immediate call that person out. For example, if fouseytube made this kind of video, he'll get so much hate. I checked videos uploaded regarding this issue and people were just saying that some get triggered easily. Wtf? Really?!!! Seriously side eyeing his group of friends. (breaks my heart that this issue really proves that PhilD is as fake as Jimmy Fallon.)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Diyes_Celine wrote:Finally unsubscribed to Pewds coz he'd been too problematic lately. I can't even remember why I subscribed to him.

What I hate the most about this fiverr issue was the reaction of youtube as a community. Several people jumped on the bandwagon when Felix talked about faking positivity. Huge and small youtubers made several reaction videos. But I haven't seen any reaction videos regarding this and it's been 5 days.

He really took his joke too far and no one's repremanding him. If it's another youtubers, h3h3 or PhilD will immediate call that person out. For example, if fouseytube made this kind of video, he'll get so much hate. I checked videos uploaded regarding this issue and people were just saying that some get triggered easily. Wtf? Really?!!! Seriously side eyeing his group of friends. (breaks my heart that this issue really proves that PhilD is as fake as Jimmy Fallon.)
I agree that the lack of outrage within the YouTube community is the most disappinting thing about this.

Phil Defranco only picks fights with YouTubers who have personally 'wronged' him like Fousey and Laci Green, he'd never come for Felix. Even if he would cover it in the PDS he'd probably stay out of it as much of possible and give some generic 'opinion' that will allow him to not take a stand. So ~unbiased~ :roll: I'm completely done with him anyway though, I've watched him for a few years and I feel like this last year he has completely lost his mind, integrity and anything else that he going for him. I unsubbed when I found out he was actively pandering to Trump fans by posting in /r/The_Donald. It was unsurprising after his year of 'Clinton is just as bad as Trump' shit but I guess libertarians are really just conservatives who want legal weed. He's definitely one of the YouTubers who, like Felix, became less of douche in recent years but is back in full swing to please the edgelords of the internet. But hey, at least they're not ~false positive~ right? Fuck them both tbh.

Anyway back to Felix, I do hope we won't all flock to another shit video of his when he mentions D&P. We are better than that. I also kinda hope nobody ever posts him in the main thread again unless it's in a spoiler with a warning but I can't really tell people what to do so..
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
skinny_love
phillion/danosaur <//3

Yeah nobody with something to lose really wants to start anything with him

And this hasn't really blow out, his yt friends might don't know about it, or that version that I would prefer to think, but I know from real life people are can overlook much to avoid drama. This makes me wonder how far he can go without consequences????? Like he made people lost their jobs! He's trying to help them now but still it happened...
He got away with n-word that most white people would have big shitstorm for saying this publicly. And not like he was catched saying that, he put that in his video. Few times

Oh Birdie I only noticed your edit after posting (i find this a little funny that we have literally posted and edited at the same time in addition to our matching names :lol:) anyway when I saw your username I was like I hope we will qoute each other somewhere in future to have them appear close :lol:
Afunnyworld
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

Can someone please explain why they are going as far as to unsubscribe from Pewdiepie because of this video?
I get that he went pretty far with the joke and making light of such a serious topic is not okay, but he clearly did not mean it. I don't think he gets why it is such a big deal, maybe he is not familiar with Jewish history and doesn't realize the full meaning behind it. I don't think he was trying to make a joke of the Holocaust and belittle people's suffering.
I'm Jewish ( I'm not just using that to excuse what he did, I obviously can't speak for all Jews) but I just don't seem too find much offence in this, to the point where I would unsubscribe... I almost feel guilty for not being offended.
The thing is it's not like he was trying to publicly proclaim his nazi status. He could hardly even pronounce the word anti-Semitic, I just really doubt his intention was to cause serious harm.
To be clear, I found that part of the video horrifying and hard to watch but I just am not as affected by it as the rest of you seem to be, probably because I know he did not mean it to be legitimately harmful.
Then again Idk maybe I'm just using all this as an excuse because I really enjoy his videos and don't want to feel like I'm promoting legitimate hatred by subscribing to him and watching his videos :?
000dia000
emo goose

Afunnyworld wrote:Can someone please explain why they are going as far as to unsubscribe from Pewdiepie because of this video?
I get that he went pretty far with the joke and making light of such a serious topic is not okay, but he clearly did not mean it. I don't think he gets why it is such a big deal, maybe he is not familiar with Jewish history and doesn't realize the full meaning behind it. I don't think he was trying to make a joke of the Holocaust and belittle people's suffering.
I'm Jewish ( I'm not just using that to excuse what he did, I obviously can't speak for all Jews) but I just don't seem too find much offence in this, to the point where I would unsubscribe... I almost feel guilty for not being offended.
The thing is it's not like he was trying to publicly proclaim his nazi status. He could hardly even pronounce the word anti-Semitic, I just really doubt his intention was to cause serious harm.
To be clear, I found that part of the video horrifying and hard to watch but I just am not as affected by it as the rest of you seem to be, probably because I know he did not mean it to be legitimately harmful.
Then again Idk maybe I'm just using all this as an excuse because I really enjoy his videos and don't want to feel like I'm promoting legitimate hatred by subscribing to him and watching his videos :?
honestly, this is my reasoning behind it and may not be the same as everyone else
yes, he hasn't done the worst thing in the world, but I just can't get any enjoyment out of his videos if he's being this much of an asshole. I just can't watch someone like that. Call me old fashioned but I actually like people who are nice and respectful. And while it is a matter of opinion of whether his content is offensive or not, I find him alienating and certainly not somehow I would watch, listen to or idolize because his attention seeking and erratic behavior just get's on my nerves-and calling his content funny or edgy just pushes me past the point of even caring at this point. I mean, you can still watch his videos. Nobody's stopping you.

TLDR: I for one just find him fucking annoying.
:cactus:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I was never subscribed to him because he's obnoxious as hell. I simply no longer have any tolerance for him because he keeps pulling shit like this. First saying the n-word, now this... plus the new resistance against 'false positivity' he's suddenly into which is literally just an excuse for people to be bigots and get away with it. Obviously nothing has changed since he first went making racist, homophobic and sexist jokes all over the place and I just have to draw a line at some point because it's not like it's gonna stop. Ignorance and 'comedy' can't always be an excuse. But he never educates himself and that's probably because he doesn't care. If he did he wouldn't just repeat the same shit he did before.

You don't have to be offended but we could all do with a little less tolerance towards white men and their bullshit basically.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
malday
emo goose

the saga continues not sure if this approach is helping or just digging the hole deeper: aww, emma is helping too, bless :')
fancybum
senpai

like, it's really easy to push a button.
Almost as easy as never including that in the video, or - CONCEPT - never even doing it, in the first place. I love how these assholes are all trying to make it fiverr's problem. fiverr is the bad guy in this situation, fiverr is to be blamed for 'what happened'. Let's all ignore a specific person and what he. actively. did. Nothing 'happened', something was done by an individual. But no no, please, continue to pile onto a faceless business that AN INDIVIDUAL abused with hate speech for kicks.

(by love I mean hate)

edit: I wasn't done bitching. If fiverr unbans those guys, then Felix can continue to laugh at his hilarrrrrious jokes and not feel bad about his shitty actions having shitty consequences on other people. He doesn't want to look like a bad guy (even though he has not apologized, he's just tried to undo one real world consequence of his shitty action so nobody can point to tangible proof that what he's done is gross. Does he fucking feel bad though, or is he just inconvenienced by ruining somebody else's access to income and people knowing about it?). If those guys have a job, then the only problem is whiny SJW's who have no sense of humour. fiverr has no sense of humour. Hate speech is funny if you don't 'mean it' guys, and if nobody loses their job. But when somebody loses their job, it's not Felix's fault, it's fiverr and the rest of the world who can't sit back and take a fucking joke. Fuck everybody. Fuck personal responsibility and human respect. lmao 'feelings' 'other people' more like grow a set amirite bros.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
malday
emo goose

Well, guess a serious company doesn't appreciate the hilarrrious humor, and the hilarrrrious replies they're getting from his follower, who would've thought :roll:
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

Afunnyworld wrote:Can someone please explain why they are going as far as to unsubscribe from Pewdiepie because of this video?

From the few vlogs and stuff he's appeared in that I've seen, he doesn't seem like a bad person, and I don't think he's a raging racist or anything…but that's not the point. I have friends who sometimes use words like the n-word to emphasize something or make an extra sarcastic comment and I stay friends with them despite that, but the difference is that I've known these people and their personality for more than a decade, and they say these things to an audience of two or three of their closest friends - Felix is saying these things to an audience of millions of impressionable teens, who (at least some of them, considering some of the comments) accept what he says in these videos at face value. He contributes to normalizing/trivializing racist "jokes", even if he might not really mean them, and that in my opinion is a very dangerous thing to do in the current situation of support increasing for the right wing in Europe and the US.

I have to admit though that I've hardly seen any of his normal videos, because he's just so annoying and reminds me too much of the shitheads back in school who thought they were oh so funny with their crude and offensive "jokes"…. :roll:

Edit: yeah, it's ridiculous how they paint fiverr as the bad guys now. great diversionary tactic…
And I think Felix will never change his pewdiepie-persona, because thats what stupid 15 year old boys wanna see, and didn't he whine about how he got "only" two million views on his vlogs and stopped doing them because of that a while ago??
Amiaw
interactive introvert

kusunoki masashige wrote:

From the few vlogs and stuff he's appeared in that I've seen, he doesn't seem like a bad person, and I don't think he's a raging racist or anything…but that's not the point. I have friends who sometimes use words like the n-word to emphasize something or make an extra sarcastic comment and I stay friends with them despite that, but the difference is that I've known these people and their personality for more than a decade, and they say these things to an audience of two or three of their closest friends - Felix is saying these things to an audience of millions of impressionable teens, who (at least some of them, considering some of the comments) accept what he says in these videos at face value. He contributes to normalizing/trivializing racist "jokes", even if he might not really mean them, and that in my opinion is a very dangerous thing to do in the current situation of support increasing for the right wing in Europe and the US.

I have to admit though that I've hardly seen any of his normal videos, because he's just so annoying and reminds me too much of the shitheads back in school who thought they were oh so funny with their crude and offensive "jokes"…. :roll:

Edit: yeah, it's ridiculous how they paint fiverr as the bad guys now. great diversionary tactic…
And I think Felix will never change his pewdiepie-persona, because thats what stupid 15 year old boys wanna see, and didn't he whine about how he got "only" two million views on his vlogs and stopped doing them because of that a while ago??
Mte. I'm not subscribed but I've enjoyed some of his videos and he doesn't come off like a terrible person when he's not trying to be an edgelord but my problem with Felix is that he knows he has influence and with 50 million + subscribers (which is comprised of a lot of young people) his words/actions have power.

If he says the "n" word and is hateful towards people and then shows by his (in) action that it's okay than what does that say to people. True, people are responsible for their own actions but when a 12 year old that looks up to someone sees that someone say something horrible w/out consequence, then they start thinking it's acceptable.

Idk if I even have a point but I'm just frustrated because when people I like (pj, deppy) are friends with someone I find hard to like (pewds) it makes me question them and ugh- as an American I'm getting my fill of hate speech these days- my tolerance is wearing thin.
malday
emo goose

all is forgiven!
fancybum
senpai

malday wrote:all is forgiven!
is this sarcasm? what is Grace doing.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me