Louise Pentland

alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

Congrats Louise! I haven't exactly been the most positive on her but I'm happy for her.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

as ambiguously as i feel toward Louise these days, i'm glad her and the baby had a safe delivery. i know how many complications she had with darcy and i was lowkey worried when i heard she was planning a home birth. pearl is a sweet name.
art in avatar by lily
scientia
phabergé

Louise's foibles aside, this video interested me. Although the concept is fluffy I actually enjoyed what she said.

Edited to add: plus a random appearance by Benjamin Cook & a mention of the lost Becoming YouTube D&P footage at the end!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

I LOVED that video. it makes me sad when formally fairly traditional people only come to that conclusion through their dreams being dashed, like divorce, but nonetheless i didn't expect her to say everything she did and for me to believe her when we first heard of the ring buying a few weeks ago. as a child of a single parent it especially rung true, and i hope she instills that mindset into Darcy now.

the benjamin cook appearance was totally bizarre to me? i feel like they got drunk in that hotel room and were texting anyone they could think of that lived in London and were free to be the 'witness' and ben was the only one who replied. lol.
art in avatar by lily
obvsly
#relatable

Thank you, @scientia, for posting the video! I unfollowed Louise on twitter just last week :mrgreen: and youtube doesn't recommend her videos to me anymore. I must say this is her first video in AGES that I can say I LOVED IT!

I agree with the whole message. She seemed calm and sincerely happy in the video and I feel she explained herself extremely well. No trace of bitterness or sarcasm and I genuinely believed her when she said, "This is not a video about man hating. It's about self loving." I love Ben Cook's cameo as well. His facial expressions were precious. I'd love to surprise my friends like that one day actually. :lol:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

I'd agree with what she says about marriage and stuff but Louise is so extra sometimes, just say you wanted a shiny ring and go. :lol:
:biheart:
kavat
pastel persona

Aw, that was great. I'm all for stop waiting for good things to be handed to you by someone else and just go get it yourself.

Ben's reaction was amazing, he went from confused to amazed to genuinely touched in a few seconds. I miss seeing him in vlogs etc.
applegrass
dank meme

I am very distant from marriages/engagements/shiny expensive rings etc., but I loved the concept of getting engaged to yourself. The whole ceremony had me smiling and giggling occasionally. Her friend Esther has written a sweet speech indeed, and Ben Cook's rapidly changing reactions were just adorable to watch. Such a valid message to deliver on the International Women's Day.
Also bless Louise for bringing up the conservative nature of wedding traditions such as only brides wearing engagement rings, fathers leading their daughters to the aisles as some sort of property to give and changing your last name after the wedding.
dontpanic
#relatable

hi! so random question but someone mentioned zoella on the main thread and I was wondering if Louise and zoe are still good friends? i don't keep up with either of them but i'm now super curious
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm curious too because I like drama when it doesn't involve me. :lol: I unsubscribed from Louise months ago and never liked Zoella. Does anyone know if they're still "chummies"?
scientia
phabergé

I watch Louise's Weekly vlogs and I haven't heard one mention of Zoe on them since she gave birth to Pearl. Idk if Zoe tweeted when Pearl was born or anything but for such good friends I might have expected Zoe to visit/Skype in like she used to do. Honestly I haven't seen much between them since Hello World but I could definitely be mistaken. I'm a sucker for the drama :lol:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

i'm also only an occasional viewer these days (and don't follow either on social media), so i'd be interested if anyone knew of a more recent interaction than hello world, and the promo stuff for it, where they both vlogged while sitting inside that parked car? (or whatever that was). they seemed normal with each other there, and zoe's reaction over skype was included in louise's pregnancy announcement video. but i think it's telling louise has been keeping social within her area (totally get not wanting to drive long distances by herself with a small baby), and zoe drove to see tanya recently on a day off, yet we've not seen evidence at least publicly of her meeting Pearl yet.
art in avatar by lily
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Just learned that Louise privated everything on her vlog channel, has she completely merged into just her main channel? I’m really just mourning any lost clips and videos of dnp over the years, but most are saved by the dozens of compilation videos that put them all together.
Interesting decision by Louise but to be fair thats years of her life she may not feel reflects her current self, so I don’t hold it against her for privating everything.