non-english speaking youtubers

mio
#relatable

Hi!
I was wondering if you watch any youtubers from outside the english-speaking world?

I personally have no idea how the german youtube scene works (and why yt keeps recommending weird german channels to me on the start page) except for knowing that Bibisbeautypalace (?) is a thing and LeFloid did the infamous interview with Angela Merkel. And yes, this is a thing that happened
It's pretty boring and cringy at best but hey, at least it gave us the beautiful quote of "We should work on dismantling all discrimination (...) for me personally marriage is between a man and a woman only" way to go hypocrite conservative politicians. In context of youtube what is interesting about this story is that this sentence of her's gets quoted all the time on her stance on same-sex marriage. I'm pretty sure because she never openly talked about it anywhere else and LeFloid was the first interviewer "allowed" to dip into that territory (because of the nature of his yt audience?).
I just watched this tv appearance he did afterwards and his points on the concept of youtube community and social media in general plus how he knows that he was used by Angela Merkel (oh rly ) are pretty interesting and make me see him in a way better light than I used to:

Markus Lanz is so terrible in this though, why old people WHY?
(ok I'll end my spontaneous LeFloid rant now)

Any recommendations from you guys?
Personally I'd appreciate any spanish-speaking, easy to follow yt channels, as I'd like to refresh my knowledge of the language and watching mindless youtube videos seems like a fun way to do it. :D
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
corn flakes
moon room

Spanish ones:
Meri Bu,vlogger, she also uploads some vlogs (i don't watch them as I'm not interested), easy to follow
Dare to DIY, she makes some things from plain things , if you are intereseted in that sort of thing (it's the only part of her channel that I watch)
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
arequian
crusty sponge
Pronouns: they/them

I love this thread! Thanks for creating it mio!

Some spanish channels:

Derivando – Short videos about maths. (There's also Date un Voltio, which is pretty much the same but about physics.)

Inténtalo Carito – Two colombian brothers, musicians, who make humoristic songs. They usually make a video every few moths, but they're absolutely worth following.

Nekojitablog – A channel about Japan and japanese culture hosted by Ernesto and Yuko, a spanish-japanese couple living in Japan. The quality of their videos is great and they do research on the topic they're going to talk about (especially on the sensitive ones, like their recent video about hikikomori).

RanguGamer – Gameplays and some movies/animes reviews. I would say that the mot represantive thing about his channel is the voices he makes for the characters and his sense of humor. Right now he's playing Zelda Ocarina of Time, Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations, and Braid. He also plays Pokemon and has played To the Moon, Ghost Trick, Undertale (Come on Deppy, he finished it in a month :sideeye: ), Game Dev Tycoon... He's probably my favourite youtuber, he really puts a lot of effort into his channel and interacting with fans.

JPelirrojo – Vlogs, funny news, songs, tags, He also has a daily vlogs channel (VoyAPorEllo), a channel about skydiving (De Noob A Pro) and an inactive gaming channel (JPeliGames). Cool fact: he's been on Youtube for ten years, just like Phil.

vanfunfun – A channel about philology, etimology, books... It may not be the easiest to follow, but it is simply fantastic, one of the funniest channels I know. (And one of my favourites too, so I had to recommend it. :P )

Does anyone have any french channels to recommend? I don't know many... :(
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

arequian wrote: Does anyone have any french channels to recommend? I don't know many... :(
I do :D

There are the ones who upload videos about the things of life like :
Then there is a gamer youtuber that I particularly like, his content is very similar to Felix's :

https://www.youtube.com/user/aMOODIEsqueezie

There is this beauty vlogger that I watch too who is pretty funny :

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnMondeAuFeminin

There are also those beauty vloggers but I don't watch them as often :
And finally I don't know in which category I should put this youtuber but he does great videos even though his uploading schedule is not regular at all :

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrAntoineDaniel

I can't think of anybody else, there are other ones of course, but those youtubers are the ones that I watch most of time.
:biheart:
arequian
crusty sponge
Pronouns: they/them

NarrysCanary! I already knew Antoine Daniel, but I'm checking out the rest :D .
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Do you guys know good YouTubers to improve your Spanish with (aka people who don't speak too fast/advanced/in a heavy accent)? Maybe also with English or at least Spanish subtitles? I did study it for 2 1/2 years, but my second teacher was bad and I couldn't learn anything new. I gave up my French knowledge for Spanish and now I can't speak either :wahh:

As for the German YouTube scene: So many sexists and pranks, every time I enter the trending site, I could throw up. Horrible! In Germany the general rule (in my experience) is, if it's popular, it's most likely horrible. Even though some YouTubers do seem to change now because of recent critique from Luna. But I won't get further into that because I don't think any of you cares enough and I keep away from the "bad side" anyway.
pulvis et umbra sumus
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

In Spanish: I can only think of a Youtuber that kind of? is easier to understand than other Youtubers. https://www.youtube.com/user/YellowMellowMG/videos
mio
#relatable

nephilimcat wrote: As for the German YouTube scene: So many sexists and pranks, every time I enter the trending site, I could throw up. Horrible! In Germany the general rule (in my experience) is, if it's popular, it's most likely horrible. Even though some YouTubers do seem to change now because of recent critique from Luna. But I won't get further into that because I don't think any of you cares enough and I keep away from the "bad side" anyway.
That's interesting! I watched one of her videos on the topic.

I just realized who was the first youtuber I was a fan of in early yt times! coldmirror in 2007.
Was kind of surprised when I looked her up and saw she's still doing the same stuff. After she had a big fame burst in 2010 with own tv show and everything I stopped watching her...
But I still think the misheard lyrics series is the funniest thing ever.

Thank you all for the spanish recs! Nekojitablog is great, I just wish I understood more of what they're saying, because the topics sound really interesting :D
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Ticia wrote:In Spanish: I can only think of a Youtuber that kind of? is easier to understand than other Youtubers. https://www.youtube.com/user/YellowMellowMG/videos
Thanks, I'll try and see if I understand them :lol:
mio wrote:
nephilimcat wrote: As for the German YouTube scene: So many sexists and pranks, every time I enter the trending site, I could throw up. Horrible! In Germany the general rule (in my experience) is, if it's popular, it's most likely horrible. Even though some YouTubers do seem to change now because of recent critique from Luna. But I won't get further into that because I don't think any of you cares enough and I keep away from the "bad side" anyway.
I just realized who was the first youtuber I was a fan of in early yt times! coldmirror in 2007.
Was kind of surprised when I looked her up and saw she's still doing the same stuff. After she had a big fame burst in 2010 with own tv show and everything I stopped watching her...
But I still think the misheard lyrics series is the funniest thing ever.
coldmirror is a gem. I still love her after all these years because she's so old school and yet entertaining. I think she still has her tv show, but I'm not sure about that. She is basically the German YouTube dinosaur. Just way less famous than Phil.
pulvis et umbra sumus
fancy_nancy
phabergé

nephilimcat wrote:Do you guys know good YouTubers to improve your Spanish with (aka people who don't speak too fast/advanced/in a heavy accent)? Maybe also with English or at least Spanish subtitles? I did study it for 2 1/2 years, but my second teacher was bad and I couldn't learn anything new. I gave up my French knowledge for Spanish and now I can't speak either :wahh:
las palabras de fa is a great booktuber in spanish, she doesn't post very often but i love her videos, and i don't think she speaks too fast
hollyphan
glabella

omg yes, the German YT scene is... so bad, I don't have words.
But there are stll some I like.
funnypilgrim. Mira is just cute and lovely!
and because I am simple and sometimes like to torture myself a bit, I watch MaryM and her bf, mostly their vlogs. whoops.
and iitsjulianmennen, because make up.
Sometimes Nilam. She's so pretty *__* #stanning
that's it...
bibisbeautypalace, DagiBee, LionT, etc, omg I could literally throw up. That's content how I HATE it. Or Sami. ugh.
Phandom got me like..
helloflyingjellyfish
tol bean

hollyphan wrote:
omg yes, the German YT scene is... so bad, I don't have words.
But there are stll some I like.
funnypilgrim. Mira is just cute and lovely!
and because I am simple and sometimes like to torture myself a bit, I watch MaryM and her bf, mostly their vlogs. whoops.
and iitsjulianmennen, because make up.
Sometimes Nilam. She's so pretty *__* #stanning
that's it...
bibisbeautypalace, DagiBee, LionT, etc, omg I could literally throw up. That's content how I HATE it. Or Sami. ugh.
Which German YTs aren't bad? I'm trying to watch some to try to get better haha

Also what do you guys think of Julien Bam? He's the only one I know of and watch
nephilimcat
woodland creature

helloflyingjellyfish wrote:
Which German YTs aren't bad? I'm trying to watch some to try to get better haha

Also what do you guys think of Julien Bam? He's the only one I know of and watch
I don't watch him anymore, but I think he makes interesting videos and I used to have little crush on him. I just don't like that he and his friends say "behindert"(=retarded) all the time and he seems to do a lot with ApeCrime, who are just horrible. I remember how one of them abused his cat :rage: Maybe I'll watch him again in the future, he's very talented

German YouTubers I watch:
Andre Teilzeit: mostly LGBTQ* and mental health stuff, I really love his editing style and the vibe of his videos
coldmirror: YouTube dinosaur with hilarious animations, synchros and misheard lyrics, I still watch her after all these years
Doktor Allwissend: he gets questions and claims to give good answers, which are just bad advice. Quite funny.
einfach Inka: talks about periods, teenage life, etc. and gives life advice. I'm not a teenager, but I still find it interesting.
Flo: journalist who talks about politics and society
Fräulein Chaos: I'd describe her channel as a mix of comedy and real talk
ItsColeslaw: embarrassing stories, funny stuff, taboo topics, etc.
kitthey: a very honest channel about a lot of topics with an interesting video style, she is probably best known for her criticism of the German YT scene
Michael Buchinger: he is Austrian, but since he speaks German, I'll include him. Unique kind of humour, very sarcastic, I just love him.

Well, that's more than I thought. Guess there are some good German YouTubers after all ;)
pulvis et umbra sumus
vincentian
hobbit hair

Two Russian youtubers I watch:

Ruslan Usachev - makes humorous travel show, news show, comically reviews terrible movies. Touches upon society, politics etc. with ironic commentary and healthy critique. Imo one of the very few not completely trashy Russian speaking vloggers with acceptable sense of humour.

Wyss - gaming videos (mostly let's plays). I watch for the improvised commentary, it’s very entertaining. Currently playing Resident Evil 7 and I love it, he’s hilariously mocking the game and also very good at it. Does not scream all the time, like some gamers.