Other YouTubers thread

uninspiredbun
crusty sponge

Melanie Murphy just posted this on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5727637027
I mean of course I don't know which side is true but I don't see why they would be lying. What would they get out of it? :(
000dia000
emo goose

uninspiredbun wrote:Melanie Murphy just posted this on facebook
I mean of course I don't know which side is true but I don't see why they would be lying. What would they get out of it? :(
I've never watched any of the YouTubers specifically but if they have video, audio and picture evidence then there is little argument that they are fabricating the story for attention. If the police are as corrupt as they are in this case then I would not trust them nor the article that claimed Callum was lying, frankly I worry on his behalf if the first response of the police is to handcuff a man who was assaulted :? Luckily they have an audience who can support them and raise awareness if they face a problem but it would have been better if the assault didn't take place in the first place. I wish this wasn't regular news. This will probably be discussed further over the next few days and they'll probably reveal more then but for the moment I'm leaning towards the assault side of the story seeing as it is unlikely that so many YouTubers would lie about it but that can change if we hear more about it
:cactus:
000dia000
emo goose

000dia000 wrote:
I've never watched any of the YouTubers specifically but if they have video, audio and picture evidence then there is little argument that they are fabricating the story for attention. If the police are as corrupt as they are in this case then I would not trust them nor the article that claimed Callum was lying, frankly I worry on his behalf if the first response of the police is to handcuff a man who was assaulted :? Luckily they have an audience who can support them and raise awareness if they face a problem but it would have been better if the assault didn't take place in the first place. I wish this wasn't regular news. This will probably be discussed further over the next few days and they'll probably reveal more then but for the moment I'm leaning towards the assault side of the story seeing as it is unlikely that so many YouTubers would lie about it but that can change if we hear more about it
Sorry for double posting, reading more about the incident I've learn't that the attack was seemingly not a homophobic attack but may have been an attack non the less. If the men involved in the fight actually beat him up then they have some balls commenting under Melanie's post defending the incident (makes me wonder how they found it, obviously searching for it, they knew who they were they didn't stumble upon the post accidentally, they knew what would happen and were waiting for one of them to post, it's a bit fishy tbh doesn't make them look good does it)
vortexofphan
drama llama

000dia000 wrote:
I think they handcuffed him cause he admitted to vandalizing the car.
I'm wary of the police too, but Callum already lied, because he first implied the six stitches in his head were from the assault, and now it's because he bashed his own head with a phone.

But, who knows what actually happened. It sounds like they'll have a lot of footage/people to work through and figure it out.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

And now McSwiggan has been charged with filing a false police report (in addition to destruction of property):

http://www.queerty.com/update-calum-mcs ... 9#comments

http://www.wehoville.com/2016/06/29/bri ... ce-report/

Look at his booking photo (taken after his arrest, but before being placed in the holding cell) in the story: no apparent injuries. Somebody is not telling the truth.
000dia000
emo goose

well this a giant mess :roll:
bee
phabergé

Do any of you watch Chelsea apart from Chels & Jim?
I absolutely loved her recent video. Maybe a lot different from D&P but anyway.
sia
living flop

uglyamerican wrote:And now McSwiggan has been charged with filing a false police report (in addition to destruction of property):

http://www.queerty.com/update-calum-mcs ... 9#comments

http://www.wehoville.com/2016/06/29/bri ... ce-report/

Look at his booking photo (taken after his arrest, but before being placed in the holding cell) in the story: no apparent injuries. Somebody is not telling the truth.
Hm I read that fb post and I find myself completly agreeing with that comment from the articles, sound like a very bad trip on I have no idea what.
I wonder if either Cedars (is that where they took him?) or the Sheriffs did a tox-screen on him. It’s not “normal” to, out of the blue, brazenly steal a bottle of booze in front of many witnesses, pick fights with strangers, vandalize a friend’s car and then self-inflict serious personal harm while in custody for the vandalism. It all sounds like a bad drug reaction (not an excuse for anything he did).
sia
living flop

just pasting hannah's vlog rant that was talked about in the main thread if anyone was confused.

She is funny and I kind agree with her. She has a point and if I was showing my face around the internet in context with D&P I would also distance myself from shipping like it is a scorching fire. In the shadow of anonymity I have to say I just don't care enough and I kind of feel those popular people with milions of followers also found out that unappropriate harassment is a price they are willing to pay and that it will stay in some significant number no matter what.
felucca
truth bomb

bee wrote:Do any of you watch Chelsea apart from Chels & Jim?
I absolutely loved her recent video. Maybe a lot different from D&P but anyway.
Aw yes that was beautiful. Suddenly it feels weirdly important to make my childhood self proud of adult me, go figure.

I wish Chels and Jim still did liveshows because I've felt myself slip further and further away from them ever since they stopped (not so different from D&P after all).

Speaking of which - real talk on jimmy0010 today:

dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
fancybum
senpai

A previous post about lovable human Thomas Sanders (for context):
fancybum wrote:Sorry to double post, but I just watched Thomas Sanders new Q&A video and this response caught my attention:
Question: Do you support the LGBTQ+ community?

Answer: The answer to that is a big ‘heck yes’ because I absolutely love that community. I think that they need a lot more representation in traditional media and one of the best blessings that I have been granted has been a platform where I can at least do my part in bringing representation. So I love having vines that feature the LGBTQ+ community because I love all of you guys so much and I just appreciate all of the support I have been given from that community. I want to support you guys back.
"they need"/ "you guys"/ "that community"

Soo glaringly carefully worded to not include himself, I don't get it. Granted I've only started keeping up with him since that vine with D&P, but through my limited travels I've learned that he's not explicitly 'out' in anyway, buuuut...

Leo choreographed/performed a dance for his birthday:

Like this isn't the social media of a closeted person (obligatory 'phan would never'), so I was surprised by the way he responded to that question. Maybe even disappointed? I know there are non-straight youtubers (and viners probably) who aren't complete garbage (I'm thinking mostly of Matt Lush with that statement), but they don't really do it for me. Sorry, but I don't care about Rose & Rosie, or that other male couple whose names I forget. They're nice or whatever, but I don't really watch daily vloggers, I find them boring. I just don't care. What am I even complaining about right now, let me think.
Oh I'm having a breakdown apparently, fair warning:
I've been getting pissed off with a lot of stuff on twitter lately, I think since #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend trended and people pushed back all like 'there are already gay superheroes, stick with them' (we all know alllll those gay superheroes :roll: ) or the basic sentiment of 'go create your own gay stuff and leave our normal stuff alone'. Which is dumb to apply here because YTers aren't fiction, I know. But I think my thought process is basically the same in both situations, like... I don't want to have to go off to some special gay-zone, I want the content I enjoy already to actually reflect real life. So include gay/whatever characters in 'normal stuff' because that's reflective of real life you pile of close-minded assholes and with YT... just be gay if you're gay! And I KNOW that's stupid because it's so easy for me to say as somebody not in any kind of public eye (and even hypocritical when looking at my own life) but it makes me sad?frustrated? that we all can't just be what we are and say it and have other people accept it. Because there's always more to it and life is basically shit at the end of the day because people are shit. #peptalk

Going off on a weird tangent sorry: if D&P came out (not even as a couple, just separately OUT) but basically kept their content the same while being more free to mention possible day-to-day struggles related to sexuality (not even struggles, good things, ANYthing)... I'd die of happiness. Like Dan's tweet about that trucker calling Eurovision 'queer'; imagine if in a liveshow Dan actually discussed that moment and whether he felt a bit uncomfortable at that man's usage of the term y'know (that feeling of.. oh, not among 'friends' right now..)? Or if Phil elaborated on that grumpy asshole guy on that flight actually being homophobic towards him/them. I like Jimmy & Chris just doing their own thing, being out, but it having nothing to do with their content. Like it's not some awful secret hidden away that they never mention, it comes up when it's relevant, and it's fine. idk. This is barely even about Sanders, he and everybody can do whatever they want. But man the world just seems so bleak sometimes. Gah I'll stop now, sorry you read this lol.]
But like.. why wouldn't he just say he's part of the community?
Update: look at what he posted on tumblr with no caption:
his original tumblr post
Seeing this picture legit made me tear up in a good way. No words even needed
Good for him and good for everybody. I still find his way of addressing 'the community' slightly perplexing but whatever, I'll stop picking over semantics after this. This just makes me really happy!
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

http://thomassanders.com/post/147214887 ... st-so-glad
http://thomassanders.com/post/147213551 ... lped-shape

I know I should be mad about Thomas Sanders distancing himself from the community, but then he goes and says some cute shit like this and I just can't. Also that picture is too adorable.

I can't really blame him tbh. If he's bi or pan or some other sexuality that doesn't fall under the L or the G (which I think he is,) people in the LGBT community can be really unwelcoming, even hostile and make you feel like you aren't gay enough to be included.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
fancybum
senpai

bedhead91 wrote: I know I should be mad about Thomas Sanders distancing himself from the community, but then he goes and says some cute shit like this and I just can't. Also that picture is too adorable.

I can't really blame him tbh. If he's bi or pan or some other sexuality that doesn't fall under the L or the G (which I think he is,) people in the LGBT community can be really unwelcoming, even hostile and make you feel like you aren't gay enough to be included.
That could be a factor, but maybe he just really wants to help with representation (incl same-sex pairings in his vines and whatnot) and be supportive of the community without making it look like you need to be part of it in order to do so. Does that make sense? Because he's so positive and inclusive/encouraging to his followers, he doesn't want to make it about him..? It's a convoluted thought, I don't know (and that line of thinking could go a lot of ways, if that even is remotely a factor here).

Somebody reposted that pic on twitter and called it a 'coming out' which didn't sit well with me. He didn't label it a coming out, and he seemed mostly 'out' before that post.. Sigh (and I've said this before about Dan), maybe he doesn't want to 'come out' because it's unnecessary and he/they want to just be without feeling required to officially announce anything to the world. Like they want to take the straight privilege route of just existing without explaining themselves for the (comfort/curiosity/other) of others and coming out is just a requirement of the majority that they've chosen to reject. Or not, who knows, I'm rambling.

Thanks for linking those other posts, they're so sweet!
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

fancybum wrote: Somebody reposted that pic on twitter and called it a 'coming out' which didn't sit well with me. He didn't label it a coming out, and he seemed mostly 'out' before that post.. Sigh (and I've said this before about Dan), maybe he doesn't want to 'come out' because it's unnecessary and he/they want to just be without feeling required to officially announce anything to the world. Like they want to take the straight privilege route of just existing without explaining themselves for the (comfort/curiosity/other) of others and coming out is just a requirement of the majority that they've chosen to reject. Or not, who knows, I'm rambling.
Just wrote up a post saying I was pleased for him that he seemed to have made a decision on coming out, then hit submit and saw your post! (then had to go eat, I have not been this slow thinking about my response!)

After writing up a whole waffle that I'll spare you from I actually do agree that it sits wrong to be like 'omg, he came out!!1!' about it, but as much as it would be lovely to think that he's just existing and sharing his life casually, as straight people do, he probably did consider it quite seriously before sharing. It was likely an active choice to post something which is irrefutable 'proof' that he's dating Leo, regardless of how obvious it had been before, and so I do consider it more significant than things he's said previously. Without the distancing language he used before about the LGBTQ+ community I'd have agreed that he just was out without making a big thing of it, but after that this acts to me as a kind of clarification, hence it 'feeling' like a coming out without being a formal announcement in any way? Just existing without considering stuff like this is sadly just not really a luxury non-straight people have yet, and that combined with his history does give it a form of significance that means I can understand where those people are coming from, though I do agree with you for the most part. (...possibly this whole post is a bit useless and I'm essentially just agreeing, but I love discussing coming out!)

also, those posts are super cute!! They seem adorable, I'm glad they're happy!
bee
phabergé

He also posted this photo http://thomassanders.com/post/147222367901

That post about him having learned so much from Leo (and the others) this morning was lovely to wake up to. Earlier last week he answered an ask about having kissed Leo. Yesterday he posted that one picture all blurry and I thought "Hey!". It was like watching him leap to talking about/sharing more about Leo this past week. (I'm probably on Tumblr too much that I see everything)
I kind of want to give him a hug now.
fancybum
senpai

internetakeover wrote: Just wrote up a post saying I was pleased for him that he seemed to have made a decision on coming out, then hit submit and saw your post! (then had to go eat, I have not been this slow thinking about my response!)

After writing up a whole waffle that I'll spare you from I actually do agree that it sits wrong to be like 'omg, he came out!!1!' about it, but as much as it would be lovely to think that he's just existing and sharing his life casually, as straight people do, he probably did consider it quite seriously before sharing.
It was likely an active choice to post something which is irrefutable 'proof' that he's dating Leo, regardless of how obvious it had been before, and so I do consider it more significant than things he's said previously. Without the distancing language he used before about the LGBTQ+ community I'd have agreed that he just was out without making a big thing of it, but after that this acts to me as a kind of clarification, hence it 'feeling' like a coming out without being a formal announcement in any way? Just existing without considering stuff like this is sadly just not really a luxury non-straight people have yet, and that combined with his history does give it a form of significance that means I can understand where those people are coming from, though I do agree with you for the most part. (...possibly this whole post is a bit useless and I'm essentially just agreeing, but I love discussing coming out!)
First of all, I never want to be spared from waffles ever in my life (and I feel bad that you felt the need to change your post! Sorry!), second, I completely agree with your post. I'm sure he didn't post that without a second thought, it does mean more than a straight person posting the same thing whether he or we want it to or not. I totally get that, and I think I'm getting caught up in semantics again (right after saying I would stop it smh @ me): he was 'out' but he wasn't out / the photo is basically an official coming out because it's more self-explanatory than instagrams of hugging, but it's not an official coming out in the vein of Connor/Ingrid with their videos explaining their journeys and vocally embracing a specific label and acknowledging they are now out when they weren't before / 'making a statement' vs literally releasing a statement on his identity. A lot of shades of grey where being/coming out is concerned.

I don't want to take away from the people who see it as a Coming Out and are happy with that, because I'm fully on board with it all being lovely and affirming too, buuuut I just get that little pull inside of 'well if he's not outright saying it, rather showing it, maybe it's because there's nothing to say'. I know it's different, but if somebody doesn't want it to be different (like he doesn't want to be congratulated for coming out because that's not what that post was to him) it feels not great to make a huge deal out of it. Is this making sense? I'm sorry if I'm just repeating the same thing. I mean the fact that his photo made me tear up makes it a big deal to me, but in a better world it would have just been a nice pic of a couple like any other.

I think I just get uncomfortable with the expectation, like with Dan (I'm sorry! We're on a d&p website!), he quite clearly doesn't want to be a spokesperson for lgbt+ things, he just wants to make videos. And if he came out, that would get a crazy amount of attention that he doesn't want. Hence the being more open with talking about dudes and normalising that without attaching a label. Maybe Sanders just wants to post nice pics of him and his boyfriend and normalise that without attaching a label or feeling the need to set some kind of public marker that he's out now and he wasn't before.
000dia000
emo goose

I have no words for this recent development but :sobs:
awwww so cute
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

But seriously, what a lovely picture and couple!
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

fancybum wrote:
internetakeover wrote: Just wrote up a post saying I was pleased for him that he seemed to have made a decision on coming out, then hit submit and saw your post! (then had to go eat, I have not been this slow thinking about my response!)

After writing up a whole waffle that I'll spare you from I actually do agree that it sits wrong to be like 'omg, he came out!!1!' about it, but as much as it would be lovely to think that he's just existing and sharing his life casually, as straight people do, he probably did consider it quite seriously before sharing.
It was likely an active choice to post something which is irrefutable 'proof' that he's dating Leo, regardless of how obvious it had been before, and so I do consider it more significant than things he's said previously. Without the distancing language he used before about the LGBTQ+ community I'd have agreed that he just was out without making a big thing of it, but after that this acts to me as a kind of clarification, hence it 'feeling' like a coming out without being a formal announcement in any way? Just existing without considering stuff like this is sadly just not really a luxury non-straight people have yet, and that combined with his history does give it a form of significance that means I can understand where those people are coming from, though I do agree with you for the most part. (...possibly this whole post is a bit useless and I'm essentially just agreeing, but I love discussing coming out!)
First of all, I never want to be spared from waffles ever in my life (and I feel bad that you felt the need to change your post! Sorry!), second, I completely agree with your post. I'm sure he didn't post that without a second thought, it does mean more than a straight person posting the same thing whether he or we want it to or not.
I totally get that, and I think I'm getting caught up in semantics again (right after saying I would stop it smh @ me): he was 'out' but he wasn't out / the photo is basically an official coming out because it's more self-explanatory than instagrams of hugging, but it's not an official coming out in the vein of Connor/Ingrid with their videos explaining their journeys and vocally embracing a specific label and acknowledging they are now out when they weren't before / 'making a statement' vs literally releasing a statement on his identity. A lot of shades of grey where being/coming out is concerned.

I don't want to take away from the people who see it as a Coming Out and are happy with that, because I'm fully on board with it all being lovely and affirming too, buuuut I just get that little pull inside of 'well if he's not outright saying it, rather showing it, maybe it's because there's nothing to say'. I know it's different, but if somebody doesn't want it to be different (like he doesn't want to be congratulated for coming out because that's not what that post was to him) it feels not great to make a huge deal out of it. Is this making sense? I'm sorry if I'm just repeating the same thing. I mean the fact that his photo made me tear up makes it a big deal to me, but in a better world it would have just been a nice pic of a couple like any other.

I think I just get uncomfortable with the expectation, like with Dan (I'm sorry! We're on a d&p website!), he quite clearly doesn't want to be a spokesperson for lgbt+ things, he just wants to make videos. And if he came out, that would get a crazy amount of attention that he doesn't want. Hence the being more open with talking about dudes and normalising that without attaching a label. Maybe Sanders just wants to post nice pics of him and his boyfriend and normalise that without attaching a label or feeling the need to set some kind of public marker that he's out now and he wasn't before.
Oh, I ended up contradicting myself in my waffle vs my conclusion as I thought it out while typing, it was best deleted for clarity, really, regardless of anything else! I also actually had a line about it being kind of semantics/terminology issues in the original waffle, haha, but they're still fun and interesting to discuss! (I mean, I wrote a whole 9k fic which was kind of largely about that...) I don't have much to say other than to all of your post, really, but I enjoyed reading it so wanted to say something.
fancybum wrote: I know it's different, but if somebody doesn't want it to be different (like he doesn't want to be congratulated for coming out because that's not what that post was to him) it feels not great to make a huge deal out of it.
- I really liked this point in particular, and linked to Dan - trust me, you were not alone in strongly feeling the parallels there! I think I've seen you make the 'spokesperson' point before and not quite seen what you were saying, but I definitely understand the discomfort now. I think I was too wrapped up in the 'yay representation! yay Dan is more comfortable with himself!' stage before to understand your point, maybe, and will quite possibly slip back into that if he says something particularly blatant, but I'm really glad to have that added perspective now, thank you!
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

I discovered Septiplier recently and it's ruining my life. /foreveralone
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

karlitatvphan wrote:I discovered Septiplier recently and it's ruining my life. /foreveralone
But Mark is straight (he has stated that several times) and Jack has a girlfriend, so...
coffee pig
woodland creature

Ticia wrote:
karlitatvphan wrote:I discovered Septiplier recently and it's ruining my life. /foreveralone
But Mark is straight (he has stated that several times) and Jack has a girlfriend, so...
I know it's a fantasy thing but I've never understood the appeal of shipping guys as obviously and painfully straight as Jack and Mark or Joe and Caspar, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

bedhead91 wrote:
Ticia wrote:
I know it's a fantasy thing but I've never understood the appeal of shipping guys as obviously and painfully straight as Jack and Mark or Joe and Caspar, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.
That's how I feel. I can't even wrap my head around those ships. Although I have never shipped anyone before , aside from Ron and Hermione...but that is a whole other ball of wax isn't it. The worst one to me is Rhett and Link. I'm like whaaaa?! Whenever I run across that ship. :shock: the only one I can see where some people might go is superfruit...although that one still boggles my mind. But to each their own. If you can see it enjoy it I guess. :)
actions speak louder than words
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Ticia wrote:
But Mark is straight (he has stated that several times)
What, when?

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

coffee pig
woodland creature

At 1:22 or something in this video someone asks him directly if he's bisexual and he's like ''nah.'' He's also denied being gay in the past. Unambiguously straight, I would say.

Despite his slight ignorance about the spectrum of human sexuality, I love this man.