Other YouTubers thread

bluewho
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

karlitatvphan wrote:
Ticia wrote:

Thoughts? :(
I think is kinda sad, I do agree and feel the same things as him, but yeah, I'm one of those people who's anti-pills for this issues.

I mean you can't fix something as complex as your brain, with pills, you have a sore back? that's when you take a pill, you can't take a pill to fix emotions, I think there are better ways to deal with that. Also I have someone I know (young around Charlie's age) that recently almost died because depression pills affected his brain and then his kidney. So it is just not "I don't like pills" just for the sake of saying it, but they are sometimes dangerous that's why I don't trust them.

Back to the video I guess I feel a little bit sorry and yet not sorry for him. Right now I'm havin' massive anxiety issues because I went yesterday to my first driving lesson and failed and nearly crashed so I'm terrified of leaving my house and do it again , so I skipped class today because I'm immensely tense and I can't even think about it and it made me lose sleep.

I could go on and on, but these things are massive issues and I would be here all day talking about them.
I thought the video was very well done, I definitely agree with him that people always feel this social pressure to explain their issues as something that 'will or is getting better' - when that may not be the case. This can be dangerous sometimes as it means people may not actually tell anyone when things aren't getting any better, or even if they are worsening.

[offtopic]karlitatvphan I would also just like to say that anti-depressants are not used to 'fix' people, people don't need 'fixing', they are just to help people and can be used in conjunction with other therapies, not always just instead of them. Some people do feel they get along better with anti-depressants and it's not anybody's place to judge them for that. I am a carer for someone who takes them for depression and the difference it makes to their level of well-being is tremendous, so the benefits outweigh the possible side effects for that person. For someone with serious depression/anxiety they do have a medical problem in the same way that someone who has a bad back has a medical problem. People should be free to chose whatever treatment helps them best. It is not 'taking a pill for anything' it is taking a pill to help a diagnosed medical condition to improve a person's quality of life.

Also there is a difference between 'anxiety' as a temporary emotion we all experience as a result of everyday problems, and Anxiety Disorder which is a mental health condition.

Edit: I'm sorry if I have expressed this poorly. I'm still trying to figure out this whole being a carer thing, but I felt like I needed to say something because this perception that taking medication for depression is just like 'taking a pill for any anything and nothing' is dangerous and unnecessarily works to limit people's options and increase stigma.[/offtopic]
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

^I don't want to be mean, but I already said I'm sorry. That's how I think, I hate being off-topic, so I will say no more (these kinda stuff should have its own thread).

Back to the topic. What do you think about Marina Joyce thinking she's a goddess?
https://www.facebook.com/iRaindropsx/po ... 96467886:0
swofro
angel bean

Ticia wrote:

Thoughts? :(
Trigger Warning :
my thoughts had become more personal than I originally thought it's gonna be
I really love him and he is so brave to make this kind of video, opening up to his audience because I don't think I am even able to update an fb status about it, because as Charlie said, it feels as if we're whining about stuff. Haha.

This video really speaks to me in some way, because I relates so much. The nerve-wracking feeling of buying lunch, been there done that for years. I used to thought that it's normal, maybe I am just different and introvert and shy or whatever.

Agree with Charlie about different people have/need different way to heal because brain is a complicated matter and they probably differs from one person to another, I guess.

I agree with bluewho about the social pressure thing. Yeah, that.

I hope he gets better because I love him so much
Love is forever
timtam
lady door

I thought Charlie was going to cry at one moment there. I agree with everyone that Charlie always does a really good job of expressing his thoughts and opinions, he's very well spoken.

I'm very close to this subject as I have/have had many different anxiety disorders and I am studying psychology but I think he did a good job of balancing the importance of anti-depressants/psychotropic medication and therapy. Mental illness is incredibly complex (because of what swofro said - brains are complicated) and treatment isn't standardised like more physical disorders. Some people might respond well to just therapy, some people might respond well to just anti-depressants, some might need both and some people even need something else to improve.

I appreciate his comment about people feeling they need to be positive about their mental illnesses. It's very true. I feel that people, youtubers included, shouldn't have to sugar coat it. However, youtubers are formerly entertainers and as empathetic I am to the struggles of mental illness it isn't satisfying (that's the wrong word but I can't think of another) to watch someone constantly struggle so I think that's why they feel they must sugar coat it.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

RIP GG. Lucy Moon is a friend of Doddle, btw.
000dia000
emo goose

Ticia wrote:

She obviously doesn't watch a lot of deppy if she presumes Dan is putting out enough content to make people speculate if he's bored
also I love that deppy aren't known from their respective channels, only from the statement of their names running over each other, "danandphil" is a better, memorable brand than their own channels will ever be
Also I wonder how long before her video starts to get paranoid, hate comments from gg posters? :D
:cactus:
corn flakes
moon room

Ticia wrote:

I expected to hate it instead on some little things I disagree but I died when they were ok "who would cry"?I know!
Also is everyone in the yt community aware of e.b. problems with deppy or are they have some sort of connection to her?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

corn flakes wrote:
Ticia wrote:

I expected to hate it instead on some little things I disagree but I died when they were ok "who would cry"?I know!
Also is everyone in the yt community aware of e.b. problems with deppy or are they have some sort of connection to her?
Those girls are small but part of the UK Youtube Community. Lucy Moon is friends with Dodie, and Dodie...

I.e.: everybody knows a lot but play it dumb.
I feel like this right now: Image
fancybum
senpai

I quite liked this video by Kingsley on outing people. He starts with that Olympics mess but then speaks more generally about the 'culture of outing':

Lots of good points in there (and lots of awkward phan talk in the comments).

Also from his snapchat um
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Lain
eclipse shirt

fancybum wrote: Also from his snapchat um
I've had a few drinks and also don't have snapchat (I still have a flip phone pray 4 me), but can you break this image down for me? Did Kinglsey respond with the "this tea"? Your "um" intrigued me
fancybum
senpai

Lain wrote:
I've had a few drinks and also don't have snapchat (I still have a flip phone pray 4 me), but can you break this image down for me? Did Kinglsey respond with the "this tea"? Your "um" intrigued me
Yeah he added 'this tea' and the praise hands to the pic he took of his computer screen. Ostensibly he's referring only to the middle comment as he thumbed it up, but I find it interesting he chose to leave the top comment entirely visible in frame (notice the bottom comment got cut off)...
blueapple_x
flower crown

fancybum wrote:
Lain wrote:
Yeah he added 'this tea' and the praise hands to the pic he took of his computer screen. Ostensibly he's referring only to the middle comment as he thumbed it up, but I find it interesting he chose to leave the top comment entirely visible in frame (notice the bottom comment got cut off)...
Hmm. Yeah isn't "tea" usually used to refer to a specific topic but in a sneaky/hinting way? Idk maybe I'm wrong. Imo the comment "this tea" fits better with the comment about the phandom than it does with the general comment about not outing anyone. Why snapchat something so general (if he was only referring to the middle post) and say "this tea" ? Y'know what I mean? There's a possibility he may have been referring to the first two posts--or even all three of them but he meant to include the phandom one. If so, that's pretty ironic and contradictory considering the things he talked about in the video...

This may be a good topic to discuss in the main thread to get everyone else's opinion?
fancybum
senpai

blueapple_x wrote:
fancybum wrote: Yeah he added 'this tea' and the praise hands to the pic he took of his computer screen. Ostensibly he's referring only to the middle comment as he thumbed it up, but I find it interesting he chose to leave the top comment entirely visible in frame (notice the bottom comment got cut off)...
Hmm. Yeah isn't "tea" usually used to refer to a specific topic but in a sneaky/hinting way? Idk maybe I'm wrong. Imo the comment "this tea" fits better with the comment about the phandom than it does with the general comment about not outing anyone. Why snapchat something so general (if he was only referring to the middle post) and say "this tea" ? Y'know what I mean? There's a possibility he may have been referring to the first two--or even all three of them but he meant to include the phandom one. If so, that's pretty ironic and contradictory considering the things he talked about in the video...

This may be a good topic to discuss in the main thread to get everyone else's opinion?
"Spilling the tea" - gossiping basically, so yeah it doesn't really make sense to say it to a pretty basic comment saying 'people should come out on their own terms'. That's not spilling tea. So yes I'm with you there. Disagree with contradictory as it's not an outing thing to say 'yeah stop crossing lines in this particular fandom'. I'm sure he saw the trend of the comments and wanted to contribute/agree in some way without actually getting into specifics. Maybe? Hence the not thumbing up the relevant comment, but still leaving it there to be seen...
But yeah, bring it into the main thread if you like!
blueapple_x
flower crown

^^ Yeah maybe contradictory is too strong of a word. I'm sure he meant it with good intentions and all he was trying to do was tell people (and the phandom--if leaving that comment in was done purposely) to back off/calm down about trying to figure out people's (D and P's) sexualities. I guess I kind of felt like by naming the phandom, he was only bringing more attention to the fact that D+P are more discrete than most about their sexualities. But whatevs. I'm sure he meant no harm.
loststars
living flop

Oh my God, the speculation that North Korea pays Youtubers to present it in a good light :shock:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/10 ... tml#cutid1

I only took a look at the linked video and it's not that far-fetched that he could be sponsored somehow. Youtube is all about business, after all. The 'waterparks are so funnnn!!111' attitude and not realizing that the government is very careful about where they'd let foreigners into.... Very ignorant and disrespectful while somewhere in the background human rights violations are committed..
(c)itscomicdans
fancybum
senpai

Yeah well that guy used to eat living rats or something for views, he never had much integrity to begin with. That's my valuable contribution.

Actually Philip deFranco's last video discussed it and said that the guy who organized Cole's trip could get in trouble if the country was badmouthed (meaning: speaks truthfully about what a shithole it is for citizens) as a result, so Cole has to tread carefully. But if that's the case, why did he even go if he knew he'd have to sugarcoat it? I never liked that guy and this just adds to it. Garbage human.
corn flakes
moon room

loststars wrote:Oh my God, the speculation that North Korea pays Youtubers to present it in a good light :shock:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/10 ... tml#cutid1

I only took a look at the linked video and it's not that far-fetched that he could be sponsored somehow. Youtube is all about business, after all. The 'waterparks are so funnnn!!111' attitude and not realizing that the government is very careful about where they'd let foreigners into.... Very ignorant and disrespectful while somewhere in the background human rights violations are committed..
4th try( so soz )
He is ignorant and self-centered, probably going over there only thinking about the cool vlog and forgetting about the human rights. People is the sitenotnamed were talking about that, I agree that he was shown only the good, of anything bad he will not talk as he is not 100% sure of his guide safety. I don't think he was sponsored but maybe that's me giving him the benefit of not total scumbag.
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

There is a chance that he just can't talk freely right now and couldn't make a statement before going for fear of consequences. He's still there, isn't he? If i was in NK i would be very careful with my words as well. So maybe he'll make a statement about how different it is for people who actually live there once he's savely out of the country. His guards guides won't let him film anything negative anyway, so he might as well play along for now. I'll hold judgement untill he left NK to see if he says something about this topic.
If he just leaves the videos without giving any kind of information on the actual living conditions of the citizens, then i'll happily judge.
corn flakes
moon room

http://twitter.com/funforlouis/status/7 ... 64?lang=it
he is back ,according to his twitter and his gf one, and has been for quite some time.
https://twitter.com/RayaWasHere/status/ ... 85?lang=it
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

corn flakes wrote:http://twitter.com/funforlouis/status/7 ... 64?lang=it
he is back ,according to his twitter and his gf one, and has been for quite some time.
https://twitter.com/RayaWasHere/status/ ... 85?lang=it
Well, then i take everything back, thanks for the info!
I should do more research before posting in the future :|
fancybum
senpai

Well now we've got this to... look forward to..?
emmablackery wrote:I've been indoors all day writing a script covering the basic history of North Korea from 1910-1945 for a video. I hope YOUR day's been fun

(I mean if any YouTuber is going to tell the truth about North Korea it should be the educated one right) (sorry I'll stop) (I am angry)
Quoted in case she deletes.
I mean it's good for people to speak out, but Emma.. Ok. Sure, why not.
mez29
procrastinator

fancybum wrote:
Well now we've got this to... look forward to..?
emmablackery wrote:I've been indoors all day writing a script covering the basic history of North Korea from 1910-1945 for a video. I hope YOUR day's been fun

(I mean if any YouTuber is going to tell the truth about North Korea it should be the educated one right) (sorry I'll stop) (I am angry)
Quoted in case she deletes.
I mean it's good for people to speak out, but Emma.. Ok. Sure, why not.
Ha, wow, shade. I am actually looking forward to what she has to say, I know she's interested in NK so it'll be good to see what her perspective is. Interesting that she says 1910–1945 as well. Unless that just means it's a two-parter.

re Louis, he put in the description of his most recent NK video that he isn't being sponsored by their government. His disclaimer has been gradually expanding :lol:

oh wait speak of the devil

fancybum
senpai

He comes across (to me) as fairly dim and shallow as an individual. "Surfing brings peace" m'kay, I'm sure his surfing activities with other coddled tourists will bring much peace to the oppressed citizens there, love and peace everybody, the white saviour says it is so. Fair play mentioning he's not an investigative journalist, true, nobody should be expecting that from him. But to essentially promote tourism to a dictatorship is fucked. I remember listening to his ep of the Rhett and Link podcast a long time ago and struggling to get through it because he seemed so full of himself with so little of interest to actually say (also the cavalier eating of living things disgusted me- your mileage may vary). Deja vu while watching this video. I'm just going to continue ignoring his existence I think.
loststars
living flop

fancybum wrote:Yeah well that guy used to eat living rats or something for views, he never had much integrity to begin with.
Jeez, what? Yeah, never been interested in this white guy with dreads.. From my very limited glimpses of his videos he seems to think of himself as ~alternative, ~artsy, ~citizen of the world~ or some sh*t. Nothing wrong with that perse, but the article puts it quite nicely - this bubbly and all-about-positivity1!1! branding is all there is, without acknowledging other issues. Everything on youtube is so fake and has been for quite a long time, jfc :roll:
(c)itscomicdans
stella
living flop

first of all, he looks really old in that picture

second, I wonder why they chose Connor? There are much more successful youtubers, he's not really that popular anymore imo. I'll be interested to read it.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.