Other YouTubers thread

Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

My favorite youtuber is Drew Monson, whenever I watch his videos I feel like I'm a real person, because he always says the things I feel. Every video is like "...Wait, this is a thing other people do too? I'm not a weirdo?". It's great.

And I also love JacksFilms. I love when he mentions D&P, and how he doesn't get them at all :lol:
the candlelight by the crescent moon
manged
lady door

fancybum wrote:Does anybody here give any fucks about Shane Dawson?
I stayed away from the GG thread because :wtf: , and I know he's gross blah blah blah, but listen, I'm weirdly invested in him dating that Garrett guy. I don't know anything about him other than what I've seen in his vines/snapchat but he seems like a nice funny guy and they spent Easter together (also with Shane's fam & Drew, but that's irrelevant to my hopes and dreams). Based on Shane's podcast, he and Garrett are just friends (FOR NOW) because dating guys is still new/weird for him. But I'm hoping he figures himself out more and locks that guy down. Why? I don't know!
Public service announcement: Shane & Drew aren't fucking, get over it
I'll admit, I questioned Drew and Shane's relationship earlier on, back when Shane first came out. Now, I'm far less convinced they have anything going on; I think Drew would be more transparent about it and less jokey if they were.
I'm totally stalking Shane and Garrett's relationship. It didn't seem like people on GG cared much. I definitely think Garrett is the guy Shane says he dated for a while and decided to become best friends with him. There might be potential for them to rekindle the attempted romance once Shane gets over the mental hurdle of dating men... I mean, they must've found each other somewhat attractive to have started dating in the first place.
syzygy
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

in terms of beauty gurus i only watch a few - i tend to stick to lisa eldridge and easyneon. i used to watch wayne goss, and while his earlier videos have some good advice, i just can't stand his click-bait videos any more. i feel like it's hard to find a beauty guru these days who doesn't have a 10,000 watt ring light to hide their five layers of foundation.

at the moment i'm enjoying ari fitz and patricia bright's vlogs. and i'm not gonna lie but i occasionally watch trisha paytas out of morbid fascination... she's awful and messy but w/e, she delivers on the drama that i feed off. i never ventured into her gg thread because i'm convinced some of the people there are crazier than her.
uninspiredbun
crusty sponge

can we talk about emma even if we're not talking about emma? :D I swear I'll let it go after this
because I really want to like her and I gotta agmit I love her gaming channel, her game choices are really good and it's actually the only gaming channel I voluntarily watch (apart from dapg of course but sometimes I'm not even sure that counts...) and some of her main channel vid are really funny and I like her humour? but then she does....stuff and I'm just sitting there like noooo emma don't make it so hard for me to like you :facepalm: ugh...
anyway

apart from that I'm only subscribed to people like bry and candice,pj, dodie (idk, feel good channels?) a couple of yoga channels and one or two german ones because for some reason I can't get myself to like the german youtube scene, wherever I look it's just bad (suggestions are appreciated though)

what I've also realized lately is that apparently I'm so used to the constant drought that is dan and phil that channels with upload schedules (esp the ones that upload more than once a week) kinda stress me out? :D it's weird
swofro
angel bean

I try to watch Emma's gaming channel because whyever not, right? But as soon as she starts talking, I was like nope nope nope.

I do wanna watch her undertale goes wrong but I half think it is her fault, especially she doesn't even bother to watch the intro, and then ask where the hell is she. Emma love, if you be patient and watch the intro, you will know you fall into a hole. :roll: Then she blames the viewers saying she is playing blind, they cannot criticize her. You playing blind is more the reason why you should watch the intro. Idiot.

Sigh. End rant.

Maybe I just don't like emma, lol.
Love is forever
backin09
living flop

uninspiredbun wrote:apart from that I'm only subscribed to people like bry and candice,pj, dodie (idk, feel good channels?) a couple of yoga channels and one or two german ones because for some reason I can't get myself to like the german youtube scene, wherever I look it's just bad (suggestions are appreciated though)
i'd recommend katja krasavice jk but you're right, german youtubers are annoying and just ugh :facepalm:
without the internet, we never would have met
RRR98
drama llama

I feel like im the only one who watched Duncan and Mimei before Dan and Phil. Started with Rachel and Jun went to Sharla then Mimei and Duncan, Texan in Tokyo THEN Dan and Phil
uninspiredbun
crusty sponge

backin2009 wrote:
uninspiredbun wrote:apart from that I'm only subscribed to people like bry and candice,pj, dodie (idk, feel good channels?) a couple of yoga channels and one or two german ones because for some reason I can't get myself to like the german youtube scene, wherever I look it's just bad (suggestions are appreciated though)
i'd recommend katja krasavice jk but you're right, german youtubers are annoying and just ugh :facepalm:
god no. I'd rather never watch anyone ever again

:D
daphenaxa
blobfish

RRR98 wrote:I feel like im the only one who watched Duncan and Mimei before Dan and Phil. Started with Rachel and Jun went to Sharla then Mimei and Duncan, Texan in Tokyo THEN Dan and Phil
ahhh I like Texan in Tokyo! They seem really nice and natural and super chill. Their videos are usually quite sweet and also quite interesting. I absolutely love Ryosuke. I tried to watch Rachel and Jun a bit after the collab they did with Grace and Ryosuke but I didn't like them. I don't think they come across as sympathetic in their videos.
I like Duncan and Mimei but don't watch them regularly. I also used to watch Duncan a bit before Dan and Phil, I think because he was featured on the yt main page at one point?
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
manged
lady door

manged wrote: I'm totally stalking Shane and Garrett's relationship. It didn't seem like people on GG cared much. I definitely think Garrett is the guy Shane says he dated for a while and decided to become best friends with him. There might be potential for them to rekindle the attempted romance once Shane gets over the mental hurdle of dating men... I mean, they must've found each other somewhat attractive to have started dating in the first place.
:o :o :o ImageHe's finally going to film a video with Garrett I can't wait to analyze the shit out of it :o :o :o
angrymob
hobbit hair

Kurapika wrote:My favorite youtuber is Drew Monson, whenever I watch his videos I feel like I'm a real person, because he always says the things I feel. Every video is like "...Wait, this is a thing other people do too? I'm not a weirdo?". It's great.

And I also love JacksFilms. I love when he mentions D&P, and how he doesn't get them at all :lol:
I love Drew too. I also think he's very funny in how he describes things, like he's relatable while also being weirdly unique. His thirft store hauls are my favourite!
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i never watch other youtubers anymore so thanks for the list of recommendations
i watch some of zoellas videos because she makes me feel cute, bless her. i also LOVE stef sanjati and absolutely recommend her for trans issues, makeup/cosplay videos and general feel good messages, she is incredibly positive without coming off as fake or naive, i love her. i also have a disgusting love for game theory but i like listening to things that people have thought out well! oh, and mikipon! (美希ぽんチャンネル) she's really cute and pretty and i love her makeup, even if it's not revolutionary
there arent really youtubers i can't stand, aside from dodie (idk why she bugs me a lot) and most gaijin vloggers, especially sharla. girl we get it, you hate literally everything in japan that isn't pink and served in a cafe that provides 100% for english speakers, we get it.
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
iero
phabergé

^ i second the mention of stef sanjati. she radiates so much positivity, i absolutely love her and her videos. her videos are also really calming.

i enjoy kiera rose's videos. she does mainly beauty, mental health, tattoo, animal & veganism videos. she seems really genuine and lovely.

miles jai's content gives me a good laugh. noodlerella and beckii cruel upload cute beauty related and misc videos. i enjoy sparkles* vlogs (these 3 regularly appear in each others videos). i feel like beckii puts so much effort into her videos from watching her vlogs & seeing her editing. she's very honest about her content and just comes across as a lovely person.

for gaming videos, i was a huge yogscast fan but i'm not as much into the games they upload now, though i occasionally still watch bc i enjoy some of the members sense of humour.

i feel like i'm missing someone obvious who i'm a huge fan of but w/e
angrymob
hobbit hair

Anyone into some of the more old-timey youtubers? I was a really big fan of VlogCandy, and SwiftKarateChop and MattG are still around but get hardly any views (Ah, youtube fame is fleeting).
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

angrymob wrote:Anyone into some of the more old-timey youtubers?
Mee... Still a fan of Swifty and back in the day I was subbed to Onision aswell but as Him and Cyr "grew apart" so did I grow apart from Onision... as he is the original drama queen.

I have so many I don't know where to start.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Lobster
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

Daniel J Layton is one of my favourite Youtubers atm. He uploads pretty consistently and I really love his sense of humour. His Baking with Layton series is hilarious and he's a great storyteller. I've seen a few people on here mention him, but I feel like he deserves to be brought up again
bluebox-away
woodland creature

My taste in Youtubers has changed a bunch over the last couple of years, I started out with Jacksgap, Gleamers, Tyler Oakley etc and now don't really watch any of those. I mostly just watch Dan & Phil, Hazel Hayes, Jack & Dean, Daniel J Layton, Dodie Clark, Hannah Witton and the Vlogbrothers.
Personal faves are the 'Baking with Layton', 'Tipsy Talk', 'TOTM'' and 'Drunk Advice' series :)
I'm actually subscribed to 115 channels, I just ignore a lot of peoples videos..
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
lilMango
morning quiff

angrymob wrote:
Kurapika wrote:My favorite youtuber is Drew Monson, whenever I watch his videos I feel like I'm a real person, because he always says the things I feel. Every video is like "...Wait, this is a thing other people do too? I'm not a weirdo?". It's great.

I love Drew too. I also think he's very funny in how he describes things, like he's relatable while also being weirdly unique. His thirft store hauls are my favourite!
I love Drew. He weirds me out in a good way, and never fails to make me laugh.
I've been a fan of Shane's for a while now too, I've sort of grown up with him, and I feel attached to him as a person, but his videos have been plummeting in terms of quality lately. But I still love his podcasts and his snapchat stories, so I think I'll remain subscribed for the time being.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
fancybum
senpai

manged wrote:
manged wrote: I'm totally stalking Shane and Garrett's relationship. It didn't seem like people on GG cared much. I definitely think Garrett is the guy Shane says he dated for a while and decided to become best friends with him. There might be potential for them to rekindle the attempted romance once Shane gets over the mental hurdle of dating men... I mean, they must've found each other somewhat attractive to have started dating in the first place.
:o :o :o ImageHe's finally going to film a video with Garrett I can't wait to analyze the shit out of it :o :o :o
Oh shit oh shit I'm going to be all over that. Apparently they're going to film a 'talk show' of some kind. Could it be? An actual concept for a video? They won't just eat playdoh for 8 minutes?
(and I agree with that entire paragraph, he's totally the guy Shane was talking about. Did he say whether they met on a dating app or something? I'm just wondering where he met a viner to begin with).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
angrymob
hobbit hair

Anonymousse wrote:
angrymob wrote:Anyone into some of the more old-timey youtubers?
Mee... Still a fan of Swifty and back in the day I was subbed to Onision aswell but as Him and Cyr "grew apart" so did I grow apart from Onision... as he is the original drama queen.

I have so many I don't know where to start.
Swifty just appears as a really nice person, I wish he were still a bit more popular. I'm always surprised that the youtubers that had older outube connections to Phil and are still kicking around aren't more popular though maybe they don't want to leech off him in anyway.
lilMango wrote: I love Drew. He weirds me out in a good way, and never fails to make me laugh.
I've been a fan of Shane's for a while now too, I've sort of grown up with him, and I feel attached to him as a person, but his videos have been plummeting in terms of quality lately. But I still love his podcasts and his snapchat stories, so I think I'll remain subscribed for the time being.
I feel like Shane has always had some sort of controversy surrounding him, was born out of controversy, etc. But recently, he seems tired of it all and trying to steer clear of it by doing really boring, non-creative videos. TA the same maybe manufacturing a few controversial comments here and there cause it's his job. He does seem a lot more likable in his podcasts, very honest in a way that isn't as gross as some of his 'honest' comments in videos.
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

You know who's great? VSauce. I love learning.
the candlelight by the crescent moon
jhamba
procrastinator

Kurapika wrote:You know who's great? VSauce. I love learning.
I kind of ship Dan and Vsauce
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
manged
lady door

jhamba wrote:
Well whaddya know, so do I. #Dsauce
fancybum wrote: Oh shit oh shit I'm going to be all over that. Apparently they're going to film a 'talk show' of some kind. Could it be? An actual concept for a video? They won't just eat playdoh for 8 minutes?
(and I agree with that entire paragraph, he's totally the guy Shane was talking about. Did he say whether they met on a dating app or something? I'm just wondering where he met a viner to begin with).
It seems like all of his dating is through apps.

It's hilarious how he was shitting on Viners months ago, and suddenly his new BFFL is one and he basically makes a new vine daily.
jhamba
procrastinator

Moderator Action :
moved sweetmm's post to the "what happened to GG" topic
manged wrote:
jhamba wrote:
Well whaddya know, so do I. #Dsauce
well, that makes sense, considering you got me into Dsauce :D
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
Lobster
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

I've just realised that I have the opportunity to go and meet Evan Edinger on Saturday since he's doing a meet-up in my city (why the fuck is he in Australia??)
I'm really not a fan of him, especially now I know the sort of shit he pulls on twitter, but idk if maybe I should go as a kind of morbid curiosity thing. Maybe I'll just lurk in bushes and observe.
Then again, the meet up seems pretty poorly organised. The location is incredibly fucking vague.